PDA

View Full Version : Giving it up

3oneday
10th September 2004, 09:40 AM
At the risk of upsetting the non ho's of this world, I am not ready yet to give up Hoing 8) , I am giving up the name of the guy, who in my humble opinion, is one of the best ebayers in the states for golf gear.

BESTDAMNGOLFDEALS http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewFeedback&userid=bestdamngolfdeals, Andrew is his name. This is the guy who got me my GBB II 415 CC with Aldila NV shaft for $350 Aus, about $100 under retail. You may note his feedback rating is only 98.4%, this was due to an ordinary business partner he had several months ago.

Now I understand some folk on some forums :wink: don't condone purchasing from the states, you need not post on this thread as this is in aid of the folks who want a bargain.

If you would like to post others you have had good dealings with, go ahead, I would prefer (Ducky :lol: ) that we keep this to the positive experiences, so we don't put the site at risk if anyone starts bagging someone.

Hope this helps, even for the mini ho's of the world 8) . Remember my adage, it's cheaper to buy 2 :lol: :lol: .

Pete

Fishman Dan
10th September 2004, 10:32 AM
That's damn cheap, but what about the wonderful world of knock-offs??

Any chance of that happening?

But this sub-$100 deal - is that a regular, or a 'diamond-in-the-rough' type of situation, you were in the right place at the right time??

markTHEblake
10th September 2004, 10:40 AM
This is the guy who got me my GBB II 415 CC with Aldila NV shaft for $350 Aus, about $100 under retail.

$100 off is no bargain. IMHO its not worth the combination of trouble, wait, not seeing before you buy, importing risks as well. I would rather buy retail and perhaps with haggling the difference might be only $50-80, plus i get to hit balls with it immediately.

Now if stuff was half price, now we're talking.

3oneday
10th September 2004, 10:56 AM
$100 off is no bargain. IMHO its not worth the combination of trouble, wait, not seeing before you buy, importing risks as well. I would rather buy retail and perhaps with haggling the difference might be only $50-80, plus i get to hit balls with it immediately.

MTB, here is $80, oh, you don't want it, never mind :roll: yes it can be a risk, that's why I posted it, because I have already taken the risk and suggest to the ones interested that this is a good guy to use, underline interested....

Pete

gazgolf1
10th September 2004, 12:09 PM
This is the guy who got me my GBB II 415 CC with Aldila NV shaft for $350 Aus, about $100 under retail.

Now if stuff was half price, now we're talking.

I'll take $100 off and wait 2 weeks before I hit it anyday. :roll:

I've been watching the centreshafted Mezza's these guys have =P~ ,they have been going for $100 US + $35 US shipping = $195 OZ 8) .
HOG on the gold Coast want $390 OZ for these putters,I know where I'll be buying from. :smt024

Jarro
10th September 2004, 12:54 PM
thanks for the tip Pete :smt023

.. i'll be sure to check him out when i get around to sourcing a 2FW 16* rescue 8)

AndyP
10th September 2004, 01:42 PM
non ho
The word is anti-ho, Pete, anti-ho. :roll:

Why buy from ebay, when you can buy off fellow OZgolfer's when they offload their gear damn cheap? :wink:

damoocow
10th September 2004, 09:30 PM
good on you AP - now who will make me an offer on a barely used ezi drive 19 degree ??- c'mon - anyone ?
damoocow

markTHEblake
10th September 2004, 10:19 PM
MTB, here is $80, oh, you don't want it, never mind :roll:

dont you know what IMHO means? :?

damoocow
10th September 2004, 10:25 PM
blakey - I think it means - I aM a HO -
damoocow

andylo
11th September 2004, 04:21 AM
damoocow

ROFL!!!! :lol:

Love you all guys, love you all!!

gazgolf1
11th September 2004, 04:39 AM
damoocow

ROFL!!!! :lol:

Love you all guys, love you all!!

Andylo its love YOUS all mate.

Straight from the Jeff Fenech dictionary. :wink:

andylo
11th September 2004, 11:43 AM
Whatever :twisted:

jsut get the meaning!! :lol:

3oneday
15th September 2004, 03:18 PM
2 mezza monzas sold today, averaged at $188 each, including postage (heel shafted) :wink: .

McMw
15th September 2004, 04:37 PM
problem is that there's no 33incher, if not I would have bought a couple already... :(

gazgolf1
15th September 2004, 05:01 PM
Mau,
I'm under the impression that the 34 incher is actually a 33 incher,don't know why but I've read that these are actually shorter than the length on the sticker. :?
No I'm not nucking futs. :wink:
Ok I was half an inch out,read the description on this ebay ad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2910&item=7100700122&rd=1

McMw
15th September 2004, 05:18 PM
Mau,
I'm under the impression that the 34 incher is actually a 33 incher,don't know why but I've read that these are actually shorter than the length on the sticker. :?
No I'm not nucking futs. :wink:
Ok I was half an inch out,read the description on this ebay ad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2910&item=7100700122&rd=1

thanks gaz...I'll have to do some research, coz Jean's bugging me for a 33" Mezza... :roll:

so it's not like the Ping huh....33inch sticker - 34inch actual... :evil:

terryand
15th September 2004, 05:23 PM
Mau,If you are in Brisbane anytime soon and find the putter still too long.

GCI have a offset putter shaft bender.So if you shorten it you can ajust the lie by slightly rebanding the shaft.

Terry.

3oneday
15th September 2004, 06:32 PM
now who will make me an offer on a barely used ezi drive 19 degree
what specs ?? shaft, length, grip, face square or closed ???

Pete

3oneday
1st October 2004, 09:08 AM
Item of interest, me being a cynic no doubt, but this item is listed on Ebay.com by my mate BestDamnGolfDeals, selling something in Australian dollars.

Pete

3oneday
1st October 2004, 02:34 PM
Then again :wink: :lol:

BrisVegas
1st October 2004, 03:51 PM
Mau,If you are in Brisbane anytime soon and find the putter still too long.

GCI have a offset putter shaft bender.So if you shorten it you can ajust the lie by slightly rebanding the shaft.

Terry.

Crikey Terry - I've just been watching your avatar!! You've raised the bar mate!! :shock:

Jarro
1st October 2004, 05:07 PM
Crikey Terry - I've just been watching your avatar!! You've raised the bar mate!! :shock:

yeah, what the hell is that all about :smt017