PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane OZgolf Days

AndyP
10th September 2004, 09:31 AM
Peoples, Kev and I were discussing the other night, the lack of big OZGolf Days in the Brisbane Area that we have been playing. :( We used to try and organise these for once a month.

Now I know we have plenty of little OZGolf days, with one or two groups, but it would be good if we could still have the bigguns. I think monthly might be a bit too often now, but surely we could try and do this quarterly.

The OZGolf Champs could kick it off.

:?: What are your thoughts, guys?

markTHEblake
10th September 2004, 10:19 AM
asking what we think will result in the usual, a crapathon with no outcome. In other words we collecttively couldnt organise a cat fight in a whorehouse.

We gotta adopt the Golfer69 strategy, just post the dates and a schedule. Something like 2nd Saturday of every month, or look up a calender and try to pick up some off the big events, live Macleeod cup.

Perhaps we should just get a show of hands who wants to volunteer to 'host' an event at their own club. Then just make up a list in order and then its the responsibility of that single person to organise the next one. This way we should be able to manage at least 3 months ahead.

AndyP
10th September 2004, 10:35 AM
asking what we think will result in the usual, a crapathon with no outcome. In other words we collecttively couldnt organise a cat fight in a whorehouse.

Wasn't trying to organise the days yet? Just checking to see if there was still an interest in having the big get togethers.
We are constantly organising the days, it's just that they are smaller. Need to organise some bigger ones with plenty of time in advance.

We gotta adopt the Golfer69 strategy, just post the dates and a schedule. Something like 2nd Saturday of every month, or look up a calender and try to pick up some off the big events, live Macleeod cup.
Yeah, thought of this. Wasn't sure if it would wash though. :?

I volunteer to organise that one. April 2005. :wink:
However, I have been in trouble for trying to organise it early before. :roll:

BrisVegas
10th September 2004, 01:08 PM
Sounds good to me, the big days are always fun. They're just hard to organise when people keep pulling out for crap reasons at the last minute. Some courses won't let you block out several tee times either. Still, there are some courses that do (ie. Gailes), so it's worth pursuing if there is enough interest.

Macleod Cup 2005... we're almost there AndyP! :lol:

gazgolf1
10th September 2004, 01:22 PM
I'm interested but I'll be playing until the end of October at Oxley until my membership runs out.
Then when I join Nudgee I'l be another person who can organise a Sunday Ozgolf day along with jarro and nudgee. :D

Jarro
10th September 2004, 01:49 PM
i think it's a great idea 8)

.. now let the crapathon begin :P :lol:

Onewood
10th September 2004, 02:04 PM
Great idea AP I only wish I had thought of it :wink: :D

Match committee meeting tomorrow at Windaroo Lakes (nealy forgot the LAKES bit :D )

Jarro
10th September 2004, 02:10 PM
probably 1 saturday a month would be a good place to start. I can also make mid-week games if anyone wants to try then .... courses aren't quite as full either :smt023

I know it's been notioned before, but i'd really like to head out to Kooralbyn for another blast \:D/

AndyP
10th September 2004, 02:56 PM
Great idea AP I only wish I had thought of it :wink: :D

C'mon Kev, I gave you partial credit. :razz:

Remember people, BIG DAYS. I'm talking the days where we get at least four groups, like at Wynnum and Middle Ridge earlier this year.

damoocow
10th September 2004, 10:08 PM
any idea that does not involve me organising something [ which is all I do at work every day ] is a GREAT IDEA in my books - count me in AP -but would prefer to have Sats and Suns - surely there are comps both days around the traps - Sat is a big watching your kids play sport day coming into summer .
damoocow
PS - I propose we have an ozgolf ORDER OF MERIT which runs for a calendar year based on your results in each event - the more you play the better your chance of winning the frozen chook at the end of the year!

Jarro
16th September 2004, 07:04 PM
I propose we have an ozgolf ORDER OF MERIT which runs for a calendar year based on your results in each event - the more you play the better your chance of winning the frozen chook at the end of the year!

sounds like a great idea Damoocow :smt023

once a month we can get together at a different course and have our very own little comp.

Now, where to play the first one :-k

AndyP
16th September 2004, 09:06 PM
Now, where to play the first one :-k
Cool/Tweed Champs or do you think we should play one beforehand. I think monthly may take away the "prestige" of a big OZgolf day, considering how much we already play rounds together.

Iain
16th September 2004, 09:15 PM
But not everyone's not going to be able to make it for each and everyone. Maybe monthly is too much, but 2 months might be to far apart??

Maybe have them 1 & 1/2 months? Say the Ozgolf champs on the 31st Oct, then one in the middle of Nov, then end of Dec/start of Jan? etc.

Iain

AndyP
16th September 2004, 09:23 PM
Maybe monthly is too much, but 2 months might be to far apart??

Maybe have them 1 & 1/2 months? Say the Ozgolf champs on the 31st Oct, then one in the middle of Nov, then end of Dec/start of Jan? etc.

I think every two months is fine.
If we have one in the middle on Nov, that's only half a month, considering the Champs are at the end of Oct.

I say aim for a round in Dec. Followed by the BBQ at Vegas' new joint. ;)

Iain
16th September 2004, 09:35 PM
#-o ](*,)