PDA

View Full Version : Know anything about Dynamic Gold Lites?

just
26th February 2007, 08:13 PM
I'm considering replacing the shafts in my Eye2+'s. Currently they are ZZ Lites which are stiff and I need something closer to firm-regular plus some of the shafts are heavily rust pitted.

I've had a look at the True Temper website and the Dynamic Gold Lites seem to be the closest to the ZZ Lites. Anyone got info on these or suggest alternatives?

Thanks
Just

BrisVegas
26th February 2007, 08:16 PM
FST Pro-Black Lite. I couldn't pick the difference between them and DG's for flight, but they are noticeably lighter.

goughy
26th February 2007, 08:31 PM
Not that I've ever used them, but I've always been of the understanding that Dynamic Gold Lites play a flex softer than stated compared to standard dynamic golds. So you would play an S in the lite to equal the flex of an R in the standard.

Don't hold me to this, it's just something I've read often in the past. And this is going back to before the many offerings in lightweight shafts that have appeared over the last few years.

I'm guessing this would be expensive, but have you thought of trying pings cs lite shaft in stiff? I love them. You may only be able to get them from ping so that's where the expense would come in.

3oneday
26th February 2007, 08:56 PM
I play a reg Lite in my 3 wood, feels ok to me. Is it that much lighter than a DG ? only 10 grams or so I think...

just
26th February 2007, 09:32 PM
FST Pro-Black Lite. I couldn't pick the difference between them and DG's for flight, but they are noticeably lighter.

Certainly in a good price bracket, does anyone know if they come in taper tips?

Not that I've ever used them, but I've always been of the understanding that Dynamic Gold Lites play a flex softer than stated compared to standard dynamic golds. So you would play an S in the lite to equal the flex of an R in the standard.

Thanks Goughy, can anyone confirm this?

I'm guessing this would be expensive, but have you thought of trying pings cs lite shaft in stiff? I love them. You may only be able to get them from ping so that's where the expense would come in.
Certainly not ruling this out as an option, although I would need to save up for a bit longer. Probably would prefer to chase a cheaper option though.

I play a reg Lite in my 3 wood, feels ok to me. Is it that much lighter than a DG ? only 10 grams or so I think...
Pete
They are only 10grams lighter. I'm such a hacker that I couldn't probably tell the difference anyway, just thought I would pursue something similar in weight to whats in them now, because they feel pretty good as they are.

3oneday
26th February 2007, 09:41 PM
Dynalite Golds ?

Grunt
27th February 2007, 09:45 AM
I have Dynamic gold Lites in my Adams irons. They seem to play all right,but honestly I doubt I would know if they are playing softer than normal regular flex shafts.

pt73
27th February 2007, 01:48 PM
I think FST shafts only come in parallel.

PT