PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Coast Open Easter Champs (Apr 7-8)

Davemason
26th February 2007, 04:55 PM
The Sunshine Coast open easter championship is again this easter.

It is A 36 hole comp single stroke with prises in each grade both for daily gross and net and gross and net for 36 holes

At a cost of $35 for the 36 hole event.

for more info go to there website http://www.headlandgolfclub.com.au

--------------------

Results
1. andylo 94/75, 91/72 => 185/147
2. Rusty 93/77, 90/74 => 183/151
3. AndyP 90/79, 94/83 => 184/162
4. CobraSS 92/84, ??/?? => ???/???

AndyP
26th February 2007, 07:02 PM
Cheap! Cheap!
I'm pretty much locked in for this every year, and this year should be no different.

goughy
26th February 2007, 07:38 PM
It'll be easter saturday and sunday, you'll have your family including a new addition. How in the world do you manage it? If you have a secret I suggest bottleing it. It'd be worth a fortune to some of us!

AndyP
26th February 2007, 07:49 PM
I have given plenty of notice for this one, and I have more golfing freedom when I stay at the outlaws. Considering that the McLeod Cup is on the weekend after, I'll probably be havign a bit of a golf break on either side, as well.

Moe Norman
26th February 2007, 07:49 PM
its called 'not working at your handicap'

Rusty
27th February 2007, 01:32 PM
yep, i'm keen for this one. did have other arrangements for Easter, but will talk to the other half, and update.

andylo
27th February 2007, 02:17 PM
I am in

Jarro
27th February 2007, 02:23 PM
Don't forget entries close this friday

PeteyD
27th February 2007, 02:25 PM
Really, crap. I can't commit to that this far out.

Jarro
27th February 2007, 02:30 PM
my mistake, entries close March 30.

PeteyD
27th February 2007, 02:34 PM
oh ok

Probably won't be able to get there anyway

Jarro
27th February 2007, 02:40 PM
me either, sounds like a good tourny though

AndyP
7th March 2007, 08:48 PM
1. Davemason
2. AndyP
3. Rusty
4. A-Lo

Who else?

Rusty
8th March 2007, 01:53 PM
yep. confirming i'm in. booked and paid for. booked rounds for am Sat and pm Sun. also playing with friend Barry. would like to play with other Ozgolfers, so when you book, book in with R Wishart & B Hohn.

1. Davemason
2. AndyP
3. Rusty
4. A-Lo
5. Barry (Rusty's friend)

AndyP
8th March 2007, 02:21 PM
5 doesn't go into 4, but if we are all still playing, then maybe one of us can join your group. Sat am and Sun pm might be the opposite to what the two travellers would want to.

CobraSS
8th March 2007, 09:58 PM
1. Davemason
2. AndyP
3. Rusty
4. A-Lo
5. Barry (Rusty's friend)
6. CobraSS
7. CobraSS's Brother

AndyP
8th March 2007, 11:04 PM
Giving Middle Ridge a miss this year, Cobra?

Besides Rusty, what is everyone's preferences for playing times, so we can match up groups?

1. Davemason
2. AndyP - whatever
3. Rusty - Sat am & Sun pm
4. A-Lo - Sat pm & Sun am
5. Barry (Rusty's friend) - Sat am & Sun pm
6. CobraSS
7. CobraSS's Brother

andylo
9th March 2007, 12:12 PM
PM start on Sat, AM start on Sun please.

CobraSS
9th March 2007, 02:24 PM
Giving Middle Ridge a miss this year, Cobra?

Besides Rusty, what is everyone's preferences for playing times, so we can match up groups?

1. Davemason
2. AndyP - whatever
6. CobraSS
7. CobraSS's Brother

usually went up there because parents are at Oakey, they will be away this easter, so staying here.

Tee times for myself and Bro "Whatever"

AndyP
9th March 2007, 02:34 PM
1. Davemason
2. AndyP - whatever
6. CobraSS - whatever
7. CobraSS's Brother - whatever

That keeps things flexible. It just depends on what Dave prefers to what groups work best.

Davemason
9th March 2007, 08:08 PM
Davemason- whatever

Would like to play am both days.

But might have to be pm on Sat and am on Sun

As I might have to stay only one night if I can't find any where cheap to stay.

Would like to stay 3nights if the budget will stretch. But then it is Easter on the Sunnycoast.

AndyP
9th March 2007, 08:33 PM
Dave, I'll put you down as a Sat pm/Sun am, so you aren't locked in to a time you can't do.

Are you bringing the missus down? If not, you could slum it in a backpackers. A-Lo looked at staying at one in Mooloolaba last year when he played, and the one there didn't look too bad (it was full when he tried).

----------------

1. Davemason - Sat pm & Sun am
2. AndyP - whatever
6. CobraSS - whatever
7. CobraSS's Brother - whatever

-----------------------

This is the way I think we should play the groups so it's not too messy.
SAT
am
Rusty
Barry (is it okay if I call him Bazza?)
AndyP
pm
Davemason
A-Lo
CobraSS
CobraSS bro

SUN
am
Davemason
A-Lo
CobraSS
CobraSS bro
pm
Rusty
Bazza
AndyP

This way, I'll fill out my form to play with Rusty & Baz. And the rest of you fill out your group for the Sat pm, Sun am. If Dave does get the accommodation he seeks, he can easily do a swap with me for one day or both, without bothering the club.

Sound like a feasible plan?

CobraSS
10th March 2007, 05:30 PM
fine, forms ?? how do we get one, do we all need one or just one of us, if it is just one of us can A-lo be trusted with this, or should some-one else do it, is A-lo going to turn up on time or be late, if he is late on either day should we start without him, if we start without him and he turns up running down the fairway yelling wait for me, should we pretend not to know him and keep going, or should we slow down and let him catch up?

AndyP
10th March 2007, 05:48 PM
I'd say that I would take care of the forms like last year, but there's a few more of us, and it's not practical when I'm not in the group. So fill out the form (http://www.headlandgolfclub.com.au/headlandgolf/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=195) linked (one per person) or go to the Headland page to find it, making sure you put down the time preferences and groupings above on the form, then fax/mail it to Headland (details on form). They require early payment and this can be paid via cheque of credit card.

A-Lo probably can't be trusted with it, but he's a big boy and has to look after himself one day.

I predict that A-Lo will be there before all of you practicing, but if not you should definitely hit off without him. If he is running down the fairway, don't slow down. And when he does catch up, acknowledge him, but ask if he got a marker to sign his card verifying whatever shots you guys missed. If not, send him home.

Davemason
17th March 2007, 06:18 PM
Looks like I'm going to have to pull the pin on this one as the other half has relatives coming over from England at easter for a visit.

So I have to do the family thing this easter even though it's her family.

SAT
am
Rusty
AndyP
pm

A-Lo
CobraSS
CobraSS bro

SUN
am

A-Lo
CobraSS
CobraSS bro
pm
Rusty
Bazza
AndyP

AndyP
17th March 2007, 07:32 PM
That's a shame, Dave. We'll catch up another time. You'll have to come down for the Nambour Open in Sept again.

Cobra, A-Lo, have you filled out your forms yet? I haven't got around to mine yet. Maybe I should put myself in your group now.

CobraSS
18th March 2007, 11:03 AM
haven't done anything yet, was waiting to see what time DaveMason was going to tee it up as he had yet to make a decision on wether he going morning or arvo for the first day etc etc, but as he has now pulled the pin it doesn't matter.

Rusty
18th March 2007, 10:59 PM
... Barry (is it okay if I call him Bazza?)

sure.

+ with the forms, if you find it easier, you can just ring them over the phone with the details. number on the form.

AndyP
20th March 2007, 11:53 AM
With Dave's pull-out, how about we put the groups as per the following?

SAT
am
Rusty
CobraSS
CobraSS bro
pm
AndyP
A-Lo

SUN
am
A-Lo
AndyP
pm
Rusty
Bazza
CobraSS
CobraSS bro

booked rounds for am Sat and pm Sun. also playing with friend Barry. would like to play with other Ozgolfers, so when you book, book in with R Wishart & B Hohn.
Cobra, if you haven't already done so, do you want to give the club a call or fill out the form and request groups as per above using the details that Rusty supplied.

I'll look after A-Lo and myself :neutral:, after you confirm that the above is okay.

andylo
20th March 2007, 11:55 AM
Thanks in advance AP :)

Rusty
20th March 2007, 01:05 PM
yep, updated groups fine.

CobraSS
20th March 2007, 02:20 PM
all fine, will complete form later this arvo

CobraSS
20th March 2007, 05:21 PM
righto AGreet and P Greet nominated and paid for, for Sat am and Sun pm, I asked to be put in same group as R Wishart and B Hohn, so I guess it should happen, but lady on the phone didn't sound all that convincing, so we'll see what happens.

Rusty
3rd April 2007, 10:23 PM
timesheet's up http://www.headlandgolfclub.com.au/headlandgolf/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=22

so times & tee we have are
SAT
6:46 am 1st
Rusty
Baz
CobraSS
CobraSS bro
12:22pm 1st
AndyP
A-Lo

SUN
6:54am 10th
A-Lo
AndyP
10:54am 10th
Rusty
Bazza
CobraSS
CobraSS bro

AndyP
4th April 2007, 05:50 AM
With pre-7am tee-off I'm glad I've only got 5min drive. I'd hate to be driving from Flaxton or Woodford. ;)

andylo
4th April 2007, 07:38 AM
With pre-7am tee-off I'm glad I've only got 5min drive. I'd hate to be driving from Flaxton or Woodford. ;)

Try Kingston :twisted:

Thanks again AP :) For taking care of my shit another year :mrgreen:

AndyP
4th April 2007, 08:30 AM
Are you driving up both days, Andy?

Why don't you stay in some nice accommodation with the missus?

andylo
4th April 2007, 08:43 AM
Will see what Christine say... never really talked about it :)

Rusty
4th April 2007, 04:13 PM
Alo, if you drive both days, you've gotta be one tired puppy come Sunday arvo...

andylo
5th April 2007, 03:07 PM
We (me, Christine and the cat) will stay in one of the motel nearby now :)

AndyP
5th April 2007, 05:56 PM
I can't believe you are taking the cat. I assume it's a pet friendly motel then.

kpac
5th April 2007, 09:53 PM
Get a neighbour to feed the pussy mate!!!

Jarro
5th April 2007, 09:56 PM
I can babysit your pussy

markTHEblake
6th April 2007, 11:22 AM
I wouldnt trust Jarro to look after anyones pussy, you should see the state of his.....

Oh dear.....
http://www.ifilm.com/video/2795640/collection/15985/channel/comedy

AndyP
6th April 2007, 07:30 PM
Anyway...........

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. 36 hole tournaments are always a different challenge.
In the last 2 years playing it, I haven't beaten the handicap, although I don't think many others do, except some of the A graders.

A-Lo should challenge himself to beat gross 200 for the two days. In the two previous attempts he has failed. :shock:

AndyP
7th April 2007, 08:50 PM
Half-way mark
1. andylo 94 nett 75
2. Rusty 93 nett 77
3. AndyP 90 nett 79
4. CobraSS 92 nett 84

It was a super windy day on the Coast today. I'm not sure if the morning guys got it for their round, but we had a wind that was affecting putts on the practice greens.:shock:
Unfortunately I didn't see the morning lads, although I thought I was there early enough. I didn't spot them and maybe they didn't spot me.

The greens were tricky as usual, but not as fast as last year (didn't see any putts roll off the green, although maybe they will tomorrow). For A-Lo and I it was a long round. Teed off over 10 minutes late (12:35) and finished just before 6. :mad: Fortunately, we are off early tomorrow so hopefully it is a faster round.

The course can't have been too easy, as the two locals we played with, who are off 16/17, both cracked the tonne.

A-Lo played a pretty solid round for someone who wasn't using driver or fairway woods. However, now that he's noticed that he may be in contention, I expect some choking on his part tomorrow. :mrgreen:
I played garbage on one nine, and golf on the other. :roll:

Although Cobra is probably out of contention for the all important :roll: POTY money, it should be an interesting tussle between the rest of us. ;)

markTHEblake
7th April 2007, 09:01 PM
Andy, if you happen to read this before tomorrow, please see if you can see what Ken Anderson scored today. He should be amongst the low scorers, plays off about 3, which is not bad for a bloke thats about 67yo thanks.

AndyP
7th April 2007, 09:09 PM
Andy, if you happen to read this before tomorrow, please see if you can see what Ken Anderson scored today. He should be amongst the low scorers, plays off about 3, which is not bad for a bloke thats about 67yo thanks.
Since you know his handicap and probably his homeclub, you might be able to find out via golflink. They display all that stuff now.

BrisVegas
8th April 2007, 08:52 PM

Is he any relation of Phil and Trevor Anderson from Toowoomba (City GC) ?? They'd be around the same age.

AndyP
8th April 2007, 08:54 PM
Full time
1. andylo 94/75, 91/72 => 185/147
2. Rusty 93/77, 90/74 => 183/151
3. AndyP 90/79, 94/83 => 184/162
4. CobraSS 92/84, ??/?? => ???/???

Second round down and it was hard work out on the course again. Pins weren't as tricky and greens weren't as fast as last year, although it still wasn't easy.

In the end A-Lo got third overall for C-grade Nett, which was good work considering he continued with the rescue club policy. I don't think he did anything too special, although he had a couple of nice saves and putts, so I guess it shows that there is still plenty of shots he can save.
It also demonstrates how tough it plays if +3 nett gets third.

I don't want to say much about my golf, but it's not everyday you get to play golf with a former Queensland premier (Russell Cooper). He was a really nice bloke and played the game in good spirits at all times.

I'm sure I'll play again next year, but I think I will leave all expectations behind, as the adjustment is too tough for me.

BrisVegas
8th April 2007, 08:56 PM
Congrats Andylo on cracking the 200, as challenged by AndyP. He'll have to start setting loftier golas for you, as you smashed it!

Eag's
8th April 2007, 09:05 PM
Nice shooting Andylo :smt023
Sounds like it was tough going out there today.

AndyP
8th April 2007, 09:07 PM
He didn't choke as much as expected either (although he did seem to tighten up on the last few holes and play some ordinary shots).

He also beat me off the stick today. However, if he wants to take credit for beating a guy who got off his deathbed to play, then he can go ahead. ;) I still beat him off the stick over two days.........just.

markTHEblake
8th April 2007, 09:11 PM
It also demonstrates how tough it plays if +3 nett gets third.

Yet the winner shoots 9 under off the bat. Dunno who it was but he was from Horton Park (they breed bloody good golfers there) that would have hurt some of the Headland old boys.

Whats the 17th green like now Andy, still like concrete and every chance of putting off the green and down the fairway.

Brisvegas - Ken Anderson hails from somewhere around Darling Downs way back - one of the small towns, but spent most of his late life in darwin. Best swing i have even seen ( and i have seen Norman, Els) and I only knew him from when he was 50+
has a distinguishing feature, ears... as a guess if he has brothers they would be the same http://www.darwingolfclub.com.au/photoarch/viewer.php?albid=35&stage=1&imgid=8

AndyP
8th April 2007, 09:25 PM
Yet the winner shoots 9 under off the bat. Dunno who it was but he was from Horton Park (they breed bloody good golfers there) that would have hurt some of the Headland old boys.Wow! 9 under is awesome.
As I've said before the A-graders seem to dictate the CCR, as the rest of us generally struggle.

Whats the 17th green like now Andy, still like concrete and every chance of putting off the green and down the fairway.
That was the case last year, as well as the 8th and 9th greens. This year the greens were a bit slower, and I didn't see anyone putt off a green (except the practice green). 17th's pin position today wasn't conjucive to putting off the green. Yesterday's was, and A-Lo and DaveMason did putt off the green for a similar position last year, but it never looked like it this year.
The 8th caused some trouble for guys putting from the back to the front, and 9 was a scary putt if you went too hard at it, but we coped okay.

Maybe there were a few complaints after last year.

Jarro
9th April 2007, 03:42 AM
:smt023 Well played ALo :smt023

Davemason
9th April 2007, 05:27 PM
Well done Alo on the score

What was the ccr for the two days did you beat your hcap

did you finally bring the cat????

AndyP
9th April 2007, 05:32 PM
What was the ccr for the two days did you bet your hcap
CCR was 73 for both days, and A-Lo lost 0.3 on Sunday.

There also wasn't any near deaths from released clubs on the tee, unlike last year. :mrgreen:

andylo
10th April 2007, 11:12 AM
Thanks for AP as my playing partner. Througfully enjoyed the company on both day. Beat ya off stick make it sweater on 2nd day.

Rusty actually has the best off the stick result so IMO he deserve more respect than I do.

The course setup is a real test! Thank god the green speed are more human managable this year (they said last year after the open their greens has lots of problem and had hard, hard time to revive them so they make the grass longer this year) Saw a +1 real golfer shot a high 80s 2nd day and I believe it explained a lot.

I played some very ugly golf and I don't want to mention it. Somehow I scramble myself to nett 3rd but it was all luck and no skills involved.

Finanlly Rusty, Christine wants me to thank you for staying with us after the game and both me and herself very enjoy the conversation we had :)

andylo
10th April 2007, 11:16 AM
Well done Alo on the score

What was the ccr for the two days did you beat your hcap

did you finally bring the cat????

No... cat stay at home. We put left lots of foods and water for him to access.

When we got home he didn't touch a lot of neither food or water. We feed him 1/2 gigantic can of fish when we got back.

Rusty
13th April 2007, 03:15 PM
Finanlly Rusty, Christine wants me to thank you for staying with us after the game and both me and herself very enjoy the conversation we had :)

thanks Alo. i enjoyed myself too + watching the pros shoot for (and more often than i expected, miss) the 18th green, was certainly entertaining.

AndyP
13th April 2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the invitation. I was only five minutes away. :p

andylo
13th April 2007, 04:08 PM
Why 2 intellgent ppl want to get a tool around ;)

Should have called you... at least I thought you would have come at around 5-6 to check result etc. Sorry mate.

just
13th April 2007, 05:19 PM
Why 2 intellgent ppl want to get a tool around ;)

Should have called you... at least I thought you would have come at around 5-6 to check result etc. Sorry mate.

You mean why would they need another, Rusty and Christine already had you!;):razz:

AndyP
13th April 2007, 10:13 PM
I was probably drunk or asleep by that time anyway. :lol:

andylo
14th April 2007, 04:47 PM
You mean why would they need another, Rusty and Christine already had you!;):razz:

Ouch :twisted: