PDA

View Full Version : Peter_rs Vs Nudgee

peter_rs
25th February 2007, 06:32 PM
This is going to be fun. :mrgreen: So where and when big man? Are you allowed out of the house with the bub on the way. ;)

Hope you have a change in form... and get over me being a bad luck jinxs:twisted:

shazza_rs
25th February 2007, 07:22 PM
Go NUDGEE!!!!!

BrisWesty
25th February 2007, 10:14 PM
Sheesh, give her a ring, and she starts sledging the giver!

nudgee
4th March 2007, 09:01 PM
Peter Rs - mate keen to have a go wherever you want dont let a tiny thing like a baby come between this match - happy to use some of my freebies for brookwater if you so wish! Unfortunately I shot the lights out on friday and went from handicap of 9 to hcap of 7 so thats 2 more shots I gotta give you.

PeteyD
4th March 2007, 09:11 PM
Freebies for Brookwater? Nice for some ;)

BrisVegas
4th March 2007, 09:29 PM
Unfortunately I shot the lights out on friday and went from handicap of 9 to hcap of 7 so thats 2 more shots I gotta give you.

good work Jamie! A 9 hcap looked "wrong" on you anyway mate!

48 points won the comp today! That young kid I was telling you about from Drummonds shot 68 gross off 8....:shock:

gazgolf1
4th March 2007, 09:29 PM
Trying to setup a

Nudgee vs Peter RS
Gaz vs Blakey

Brooky Day.

nudgee
4th March 2007, 09:31 PM
definately gaz- should be a good day - hopefully peter rs and Blakey come to the party on this one - freebie game shuold be a good incentive :smt002

Eag's
4th March 2007, 09:31 PM
good work Jamie! A 9 hcap looked "wrong" on you anyway mate!

48 points won the comp today! That young kid I was telling you about from Drummonds shot 68 gross off 8....:shock:

Bloody hell :shock: how good is that!!!

Eag's
4th March 2007, 09:32 PM
definately gaz- should be a good day - hopefully peter rs and Blakey come to the party on this one - freebie game shuold be a good incentive :smt002

Gaz, if Blakey can't make it we could always have our match instead :smt002

peter_rs
5th March 2007, 10:51 AM
Nudgee wheres your golf link...... Am I giving you local knowledge since you always play brooky and come close to winning ;)

nudgee
5th March 2007, 05:22 PM
Peter, I have played Brooky 3 times in the last 4 months and all have being social games - no comps. Local knowledge is quickly erased by availability of GPS. :smt002

Up to you mate......

peter_rs
5th March 2007, 05:37 PM
What tee's were you thinking at Brooky? I don't know if I want you hitting saftey shots or drivers ;)

Whats the run down on your bag at present..... putter/driver/irons?

AndyP
5th March 2007, 05:38 PM
Can you really turn down a freebie at Brooky, Pete? If you do, you're a strong man.

peter_rs
5th March 2007, 05:50 PM
AP I have played brooky twice.... and both times the course was much better.

freebie is one thing losing 10 & 8 and setting a oz golf record is another.

gazgolf1
5th March 2007, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE=nudgee;146923] Local knowledge is quickly erased by availability of GPS. :smt002
[QUOTE]

Especially when you have to convert your distance from yards to metres. :)

nudgee
5th March 2007, 10:17 PM
Peter,

Driver FT 3
3 Wood SteelheadIII Fuji 869
Irons old trusty X Tours PX 6.5
Wedges X Tour Forged PX
Putter 2 Ball SRT with XG Insert (like 3oneday)
Ball HX Tour 56
Glove Callaway
Undies - depends on the day but I like bonds - give me the warmth and comfort I need
Deodorant - Rexona for men
Toothpast - Colgate

I like long walks down the beach and romantic dinners......

Is that enough detail or do you wish to know more about me

BrisVegas
5th March 2007, 10:22 PM

what do you mean? :???:

peter_rs
5th March 2007, 10:31 PM
Where are the X-20 tours and ft5?

oh and thanks..... just let me know what shirt your wearing so we don't match ;)

BV... I have played brooky twice and I don't think I have played one hole well out there. Let alone a round.

BrisVegas
5th March 2007, 10:33 PM
ahh i get it! ta.

nudgee
5th March 2007, 10:36 PM
mate nothing new as such - bloody arrival of the f T5 tour head has being delayed (not happy) and I have decided that I dont want to change irons after all as I am hitting the X Tours spot on.

perci is currently putting together my new weapon that will debut at the Links Championships at Hope Island this wednesday. Hope it is as good as I think it may be. I love having contacts that get me exactly what I want cheaply.................he he he

goughy
5th March 2007, 10:37 PM
Peter,

Driver FT 3
Wedges X Tour Forged PX
Ball HX Tour 56
Glove Callaway
Undies - depends on the day but I like bonds - give me the warmth and comfort I need
Toothpast - Colgate

Is that enough detail or do you wish to know more about me

When you pull on your pants do you dress to the left or the right?? I'm thinking this would be on his list!

peter_rs
5th March 2007, 10:43 PM
Would that be the ft-i?

do you want to get me some cheap x-20 tour heads then :).... or r7 tp forged;)

Drop another shot and I will play you at brooky ;) good work on the hcp

nudgee
6th March 2007, 07:32 AM
Peter,

No its not the FT I and mate I will be lucky to stay at 7 for much longer as I am at 7.4. You know it doesnt have to be brooky, I thought it would be good to share a couple of the freebies that I have. It really can be anywhere you want - I really dont give a shite where you want to play. Heck we can play your own course if you want.

nudgee
6th March 2007, 07:33 AM
Peter,

sorry mate but the cheap goodies only work for me..............kinda payment for my caddying if you know what I mean

Jono
6th March 2007, 07:54 AM

freebie is one thing losing 10 & 8 and setting a oz golf record is another.

Pete,

I know what you mean. I've played Brooky 5 times now, and I think the best score was 32 points. It does something to you mentally even before you tee off. Must be the tall trees ...

Having said that, I don't think I could ever pass up a freebie there. Even if it meant being on the receiving end of the worst beating in Ozgolf history. 8)

3oneday
6th March 2007, 08:05 AM
Peter,

Driver FT 3
Wedges X Tour Forged PX
Ball HX Tour 56
Glove Callaway
Toothpast - Colgate

Is that enough detail or do you wish to know more about mesorry, one thing missing, hanging right or left ???

:lol:

peter_rs
6th March 2007, 08:06 AM
Heck we can play your own course if you want.

What so I would have to caddie for you :twisted: .... Its cool I have some new irons in the pipe.... your just the cally man :)

Nudgee I have faith that your hcp can go much lower.

You would love to play me at middle ridge or riverlakes. The two course that can destory me.

Brooky is fine... just trying to stir you. :mrgreen: I don't see brooky as a hard course, I have just have never played well there.

BrisVegas
6th March 2007, 09:01 AM
I'm so glad you accepted the offer of a freebie at Brookwater! The course is in good nic at the moment with the rain lately and the reno's are over. Enough of the reverse sledging of Nudgee, that's loser talk! You got just as much, probably more, chance of going low there as he does.

peter_rs
6th March 2007, 09:52 AM
BV... The trees are to tall. I would not be able to aim far enough right to allow for the hook back

Eag's
6th March 2007, 07:51 PM
Pete,

I know what you mean. I've played Brooky 5 times now, and I think the best score was 32 points. It does something to you mentally even before you tee off. Must be the tall trees ...

You and me both mate, first time I played it I said I would never be back.
Now that I have played it a few more times (cheers Jamie) I love the place :-D

One of these days I will put a score on the board there :smt002

peter_rs
11th March 2007, 11:14 PM
So how did the new driver work?

I have got some good news for you....... You have to give me one more shot I'm back to 16 ;)

goughy
12th March 2007, 07:24 AM
Did you play sunday as well? They haven't updated your golflink for it then, as that says your still off 15. Unless of course you are predicting at least one more round gaining .1 before the matchplay.

peter_rs
12th March 2007, 10:10 AM
I did play the sunday round. Those cards should go in today. They are just to busy with the Club champ stuff sunday arvo to do cards.

nudgee
12th March 2007, 12:48 PM
Peter RS - Thats great news coz I have gone from 7.4 to 7.5 so I am off 8!! Stil have to give you 8 shots - Driver went OK but will not be putting that one in play for our matchplay.

peter_rs
12th March 2007, 01:27 PM
So what was the driver combo?

Do you know the matchplay index at brooky and are we playing of the plates?

Grunt
12th March 2007, 02:09 PM
Pete this topic has come up lots of times before the Matchplay index is the same at just about every golf club playing under R & A Rules

It is

Index 18
Index 8
Index 12
Index 3
Index 14
Index 6
Index 10
Index 1
Index 16
Index 5
Index 11
Index 2
Index 15
Index 7
Index 13
Index 4
Index 17
Index 9

peter_rs
12th March 2007, 02:37 PM
key words there grant "just about". I know a lot that are different

Grunt
12th March 2007, 02:54 PM
there are not many if any here in NSW different. It is an index set down by either the AGU or the GA in each state.

Fishman Dan
12th March 2007, 03:04 PM
Is this the most anticipated match ever @ 40 posts and counting?

AndyP
12th March 2007, 03:11 PM
I don't think so.

peter_rs
12th March 2007, 03:32 PM
do not get jealous ap ;)

peter_rs
15th May 2007, 03:35 PM
OK LETS START THIS.....

now my bag is set for a little while :)..

Jamie when are you free after this weekend? Would have to be a sunday round is that ok?

Jarro
15th May 2007, 03:46 PM
What about next sunday the 27th at Nudgee ??

AndyP
15th May 2007, 04:00 PM
I think they were playing Brooky, jarro.

Jarro
15th May 2007, 04:10 PM
Okey Dokey

peter_rs
15th May 2007, 04:26 PM
I don't care nudgee is fine.

3oneday
15th May 2007, 04:58 PM
Sheesh, us NSWelshmen can cancel 14 events in 3 months, you blokes can't organise ONE SOLITARY GAME in the same time !!!!

:lol:

Jono
15th May 2007, 05:06 PM
Go Brooky. It'll be a more exciting match there, I reckon. 8)

nudgee
15th May 2007, 07:13 PM
Peter mate 27 May is fine by me - you choose where we play - dont give a rats arse - Brooky/Nudgee/Augusta/TPC Sawgrass - anywhere mate- 27 will give me time to test out my four drivers and shortlist two of them.

shazza_rs
15th May 2007, 07:19 PM
Can pete use the other two??? He needs a new driver that he can hit :)

Looking for flights now..... TPC Sawgrass it is... lets hope its over by the 17th hole.. :):)

nudgee
15th May 2007, 08:40 PM
Shazza tell Pete he can borrow one of the 4 drivers if he wishes - but this time if he breaks it he pays for it!!

TM Burner TP with Candy Apple Ozik XCon7
ERC III Axiv V 8072
Titty 905 R with Epic Shaft
Ole faithful FT 3 with Blackboard proto Diamana

shazza_rs
15th May 2007, 08:45 PM
i'll have to see prices and payment plans before i let him borrow one jamie. ;)

shazza_rs
15th May 2007, 08:48 PM
BTW, Pete is happy to play you at nudgee on the 27th may.

goughy
15th May 2007, 10:33 PM
Shazza tell Pete he can borrow one of the 4 drivers if he wishes - but this time if he breaks it he pays for it!!

Oooohhhh, tell me more, tell me more, tell me more!!!

Jarro
16th May 2007, 06:22 AM

=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

BrisVegas
16th May 2007, 08:25 AM

ERC III Axiv V 8072

this time??? You mean he's broken one in the past and hasn't paid for it??? :shock:

peter_rs
16th May 2007, 10:02 AM
It not that bad... :(. its been covered on here before

It was a FT-2 (proto head :() that I was looking at buying the sound noticeable started to change during a range session. and I meet jamie at the range to see what was going on after jamie hit a couple the sound changed again and on inspection the glue between the carbon and face was failing.

I was going to buy it if he could get it fixed or replaced. I think he could not get the proto head replaced but got a FT 3 instead that he wanted to keep.... I think.

peter_rs
16th May 2007, 10:10 AM

ERC III Axiv V 8072

Do you have lofts and shafts specs?

still waiting on pricing ;)

nudgee
27th May 2007, 01:50 PM
OK its all over - Peter RS was the winner 1 up - came down to the last hole and some wayward putting cost me dearly - actually the putter cost me dearly all round as well as some wayward iron play.

In summary I played like a drunken bum in first nine and Peter played great, tables turned on the back nine but Peter got up last hole - well done mate good luck in your next round.

peter_rs
27th May 2007, 01:59 PM
thanks jamie for a fun round played in good spirits.

Quick summary----

Nudgee 4 down after 5 holes. Half way 3 down. Then on the next 6 holes nudgee played 2 under and i fell apart to be 1 down. We both made birdie on 16 but i had my last shot so it was all square going into the last 2 holes.
We halved 17th after a chop fest. It all came down to the 18th... Nudgee on the green for 1, me over the back in a garden bed. Drop in the smokers area, and managed to make four to win the hole after some gumby putting from nudgee.

We'll have to have a rematch sometime. It was good to play with you.

Nudgee was unlucky to lose, as i pulled a few putts out of nowhere in the first 9.

AndyP
27th May 2007, 04:27 PM
Losing with a 4 putt!?!?!?
Welcome to Choppa's world.

Nicely played, Pete.

kpac
27th May 2007, 04:40 PM
Losing with a 4 putt!?!?!?

rush of blood to the putter head on the 3rd putt... he wasn't going to leave it short :lol:

Jarro
27th May 2007, 05:08 PM
Well done Pete :)

Bad luck Nudge :(

Eag's
27th May 2007, 05:48 PM
Yeah what he said ;)

Jarro
27th May 2007, 05:50 PM
Out of curiosity Jamie, what clubs were in your bag today ?

shazza_rs
27th May 2007, 05:51 PM
none of his jarro... he borrowed pat's clubs ...

Jarro
27th May 2007, 05:53 PM
none of his jarro... he borrowed pat's clubs ...

WTF :shock: .. that's stoopid :roll:

peter_rs
27th May 2007, 05:58 PM
I think he had his own wedges,putter and 4 wood.

The X-forged haven't arrived yet.

He had Pat's MP32's and GBB Driver, 7 wood.

I'm pretty sure that most of those clubs have been in Jamie's bag at one time or another though ;)

I did offer to reschedule the match, but for clubs that weren't his own he did play pretty well. A birdie couldn't even give him a win on the front nine.

Flowergirl
27th May 2007, 09:10 PM
WEll done Pete. Bad luck Nudgee. Must have been an exciting match.:smt038

Keza_G
28th May 2007, 08:41 AM
well done Petey !!!!!