Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Trung
11th September 2004, 10:33 PM
Replace "ducks" with "chics" =P~

and "hunting" with "overseas" :smt030

McMw
13th September 2004, 12:34 PM
might get a game this arvo (public hols) if the course isn't too wet...
the lure of 5bucks per hole is too tempting to resist!!! :twisted:

Iain
13th September 2004, 04:45 PM
Played 9 at Logan this afternoon, played holes 1-9 and shot 38. \:D/ 1 Bird, 3 Bogies, 5 Pars. :lol:

Didn't hit a heap of greens but the short game was going well, as was the driver... :wink:

Only had 11 Putts. 8)

amanda
13th September 2004, 05:44 PM
Replace "ducks" with "chics" =P~

and "hunting" with "overseas" :smt030
Does your girlfriend know about this Trung :wink:

gazgolf1
13th September 2004, 07:40 PM
4 ball stab on Saturday,had 37 pts.

Good back nine,bad front nine,putting like crap.

That is all. :?

McMw
13th September 2004, 10:05 PM
well...it was a waste of a great afternoon...
couldn't do most things right...miss a couple of really baby putts... :evil:
and just generally didn't have the head screwed on properly...
lost 6 holes to Jean, who shot a 92 to my 80...
gonna have to review the 1/1/3 stroke advantage... :?

but all in all, 78/74/71/80/80 for the past 90 holes in 5 days is decent enuff... 8)

just annoyed at shooting 80 today... :x

Onewood
14th September 2004, 06:35 AM
but all in all, 78/74/71/80/80 for the past 90 holes in 5 days is decent enuff... 8)

just annoyed at shooting 80 today... :x

Might be Fatigue setting in :roll: SUPER G :D

Super golfer, :P 5 rounds in 5 days....Do you ever WORK :D :lol: :lol:

Flowergirl
14th September 2004, 09:04 AM
Thats what I was going to ask Onewood. Some great golf happening there McMw. Keep up the great work!!

And 11 putts Iain.........way to go :lol:

McMw
14th September 2004, 10:22 AM
royal wedding on Thursday (public hols), friday work, sat golf, sun golf comp am/golf comp pm, monday public hol... :D :wink: :lol:

Jarro
14th September 2004, 12:18 PM
royal wedding on Thursday (public hols), friday work, sat golf, sun golf comp am/golf comp pm, monday public hol... :D :wink: :lol:

... sure you can't fit any more golf in mate :roll:

McMw
14th September 2004, 12:52 PM
Jean was holding me back!!! :wink:

Andrew
14th September 2004, 02:05 PM
royal wedding on Thursday

I thought you & Jean were already married.

Don't worry mate, you're royalty as far as we're concerned. :)

Flowergirl
16th September 2004, 10:22 AM
Played "flag" yesterday.
So...........here I am on the 18th tee.........the Flag in the middle of the fairway within driving distance(just) if I can pull out one of my best drives. I've been driving pretty good all day - so I goes for it. Oh........and I've only got one shot left. Yep..you guessed it...OOB into someones backyard swimming pool. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ended up getting an 8 on the hole and lost another .1 :cry:

AndyP
16th September 2004, 11:44 AM
Nice choke, FG.

Seems strange that your h/cap is affected on a Flag event.

Flowergirl
16th September 2004, 12:14 PM
Nice choke, FG.

Was a stroke/flag event combined.

gazgolf1
18th September 2004, 12:23 PM
Nice choke, FG.

Speaking of chokes. #-o

Hows 23 pts on the back nine (even par) and 14 pts on the front nine sound? :cry:

ok extract the urine..........I deserve it.

AndyP
18th September 2004, 12:40 PM
Played Scramble at Nudgee GC (North) yesterday with Eag's and Iain. We had 70 gross, 62 2/3 nett on a par 70.

Hard to assess how well I went individually, but couldn't believe how well I was driving it. It just kept going straight, straight and straight. Didn't seem like I was hitting the irons that well, and putting was nothing special.

Andrew
18th September 2004, 02:01 PM
Had 38 points at The Coast GC yesterday.
9 GIR
35 putts

23 points on the back nine. (2 0ver) Which included 18 putts, one 3 putt & 2 missed birdie putts from less than 5 foot. :cry:

At least I know which are of my game needs work.

To make matters worse. My 4 year old wanted to have a putt in the lounge room when I got home. He knocked one in the cup from 10 foot at his first attempt. It took me 5 attempt to get one.

Onewood
18th September 2004, 07:20 PM
Well played Shavey 8)

Another bridesmaid for me today :cry:

74/7/67 :D

Had a 4 putt and 3 putt :shock:

Only 2 birds so a fairly consistent day :D

Jarro
18th September 2004, 07:25 PM
played in the Holden Scramble yesterday.

drove the ball terribly. Iron play was crap. Putted alright.

just a normal day at the office :lol:

markTHEblake
18th September 2004, 08:32 PM
I was the usual...patches of crap...patches of decency for a 86 off 10. [/b]

Nice Form - and I predicted you would shoot 32pts!
I should do this for money.

McMw
18th September 2004, 10:03 PM
after starting with a double on the first hole, I was prepared to walk back ASAP.... :roll:
but got a bird to finish the nine at just +1...figured that was fair going...
then proceeded to play the back nine +7... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

great form going into tomorrow's comp... :roll:

BrisVegas
18th September 2004, 10:42 PM
..... couldn't believe how well I was driving it. It just kept going straight, straight and straight....

Glad to see your new driver is working AndyP 8) :D Hope it sticks.

I guess I'll see for myself in a few hours. yawn... better go to bed.

Go The Lions! =D> \:D/

markTHEblake
18th September 2004, 11:53 PM
Played "flag" yesterday. So...........here I am on the 18th tee.........the Flag in the middle of the fairway ..

Whats the Flag doing in the middle of the 18th fairway? shouldnt the flag only be used from the 19th hole onwards.

BrisVegas
19th September 2004, 06:32 PM
38 points at City GC today. (76 stroke score) 8/15 fairways, 12/18 greens and 34 putts. Missed 4 putts inside 4 feet... :roll:

Silly thing was, I mistakenly picked up a tap-in for 6 on the par 4, 14th, which would have been a "6 a 1", thinking that I'd blown it. Thing was I had hit a great drive to about 70 metres out, then shanked my sand iron way right of the green. Chunked it back on the green, then missed the putt twice. By this time I was furious and just picked it up rather than putting again... :oops: :cry:

Happy with how I played overall. Striped the ball off the tee, but really struggled to convert the birdie chances. The only birdie I had was a 2-putt. :lol:

jaster
19th September 2004, 06:46 PM
Great drive you hit on the 7th today Bris 8) Pity you couldn't have drained the putt!!

I had a 77 (33 points) off the stick with 1 unplayable, very unlucky as I hit a great drive down the 11th an it landed at the base of a small tree that has its own irrigation system and plugged :( ....6 fairways, 8 greens (missed 4 greens from inside 70ms with my lobbie :() and 31 putts with my new DFX CS...that included a massive bomb on my 17th hole and a 3 putt on my 18th from an impossible position :roll: :lol:

BrisVegas
19th September 2004, 06:55 PM
Great drive you hit on the 7th today Bris 8) Pity you couldn't have drained the putt!!

I had a 77 (33 points) off the stick with 1 unplayable, very unlucky as I hit a great drive down the 11th an it landed at the base of a small tree that has its own irrigation system and plugged :( ....6 fairways, 8 greens (missed 4 greens from inside 70ms with my lobbie :() and 31 putts with my new DFX CS...that included a massive bomb on my 17th hole and a 3 putt on my 18th from an impossible position :roll: :lol:

Thanks Jaster. I hadn't really tried going for that green before, so thought why the hell not. My driver has been working pretty well lately.... Plus, I wanted to give Goughy a fright! :lol:

You were lucky to even have the chance to 3-putt the 9th from where you hit your approach shot.. :wink: Is that part of the golf course even in play???!!! :lol:

amanda
19th September 2004, 07:09 PM
MM today - 101/76 - not too bad - and I won a ball & a beauty salong treatment voucher (random drawing of lady members).

I hit barely any fairways (3), 1 GIR - I played bogey golf most of the time (which is my goal) but then had the occasional blowout :evil: It will be something I need to work on!

My new(ish) fairway woods were going great - I can't hit them off a really tight lie, but normal fairway works great - I hit my 5 wood today over a green (by 30m) when I was 135m out :shock:

We got caught by rain for holes 10-16 - I didn't bring a brolley (didn't believe the weatherman) - but it cleared up.

People were complaining about how windy it got - since I've played Shellharbour, today was a light & gentle breeze!

jaster
19th September 2004, 07:38 PM
You were lucky to even have the chance to 3-putt the 9th from where you hit your approach shot.. :wink: Is that part of the golf course even in play???!!! :lol:

Hehe, sure is in play :oops: First time I have ever been over there before :roll: Great shank with the 1 iron :?

goughy
19th September 2004, 08:50 PM
Time to learn how to putt :oops:

Shot a 79 off the stick today to end it with my lowest index ever, 10.7

8 fairways, 10 greens, 66% up and downs and 36 putts. Very happy with the score but really yipped on the putter. To shoot 79 (40pts) with 4x1 pointers and 5x3 putts was dissapointing. What's worse was 4 of the 3 putts resulted in 2 pointers. Only 1x3 putt was for 1 point, and that was on the last hole from 1 foot and I came second by 1 point. At least I know the new irons are working. :D

Time for me and jaster to hit the practice green.

Missed out on a holiday at club pelican, but I'm sure I do need a fourth golf bag. Might have to swap it for an mb wedge :D or something.

Courty
19th September 2004, 09:43 PM
Played Ind. Stroke yesterday. Had 84 (74). I felt as though I hit the ball terribly, but I was right on the money (well, would have been if I didn't triple the 11th). I think I hit 2 fairways all day. One of those was the 470m par 5 sixth, which I then hit a 5 iron to the centre of the green and left my 20ft eagle putt 12 inches short of centre cup :x ) I have also got the Ezy-Drive working well now, it got me out of some spots I would have struggled with otherwise. Nothing else to rave about, except that I hope I used up all my bad shots before my matchplay final next week.

McMw
19th September 2004, 09:46 PM
ANOTHER +1 out +7 in scorecard today!!! :shock:

I had a score to chase, and I was on track after the 9th...then proceeded to play like the jack@$$ that I am on the 10th, 14th, 16th (doubles) and had a shocking luck on the 18th, where my 2nd shot (par5) landed in a old filled divot (might as well not have been), and hacked around for a bogey... :(

3oneday
20th September 2004, 10:21 AM
Played an event at Leonay (in Sydneys West) on saturday as me and my mate weren't keen on another ambrose. Shot about 15 over, had a great day, not, course was the roughest I have ever seen it and to top it all off, apparently the apprentice greenkeeper, when fertilising the greens very recently, used ROUNDUP instead of fertiliser :P .

Needless to say, greens were shite, had at least 36 putts.

Pete

AndyP
20th September 2004, 10:47 AM
Had 31pts in the Toowoomba City Pro-Am yesterday. Not unhappy with the score, as I came good at the end. Happy about 10/15 fairways, driver goes good. ;) I can now see the importance of having a warm-up before a round, if I want my iron shots to be any good.

I hadn't really tried going for that green before, so thought why the hell not. My driver has been working pretty well lately.... Plus, I wanted to give Goughy a fright! :lol:
Don't worry about upsetting the guy who was putting at the time. :evil: 8) FYI, it was a pretty ordinary putt too, was lucky to get it down in two.

wayz
20th September 2004, 06:14 PM
33points :evil:
absolutely frustrating day... long drives, couldnt hit an iron to save my life everything went left??? all the bad balls ended up unplayable???
but on the positive side - 1st hole (10th) 300mtrs+ drive!... BUT! it sat right under a tree, bumped out for +1
601yard BIG BOB - got on in 2, 3putt :evil: !!!

Next week: goal - 36+ points & lose less than 2 balls :D

Onewood
20th September 2004, 06:17 PM
33points :evil:
absolutely frustrating day... long drives, couldnt hit an iron to save my life everything went left??? all the bad balls ended up unplayable???
but on the positive side - 1st hole (10th) 300mtrs+ drive!... BUT! it sat right under a tree, bumped out for +1
601yard BIG BOB - got on in 2, 3putt :evil: !!!

Next week: goal - 36+ points & lose less than 2 balls :D

Welcome wayz,

As you'll find out around here 33pts is a great score :D

Anonymous
20th September 2004, 09:14 PM
For the first time in my life I birdied the first 3 holes to have 11 points after 3. I was still 6 up after 5 but then began to suck the gas and limped home in 33 points. It was rather rarified air up there at 3 under for a 9 handicapper but just didn't go on with it :oops: :cry:

990B Luva
20th September 2004, 10:20 PM
i had 77, net 58, (11 over the card, 8 under hcp) in the Jindalee Cup and only got a SINGLE ball :cry: out in 41, in with 36. i hit 6 GIRS which is better than the 1-2 per round recently, 1 from 1 sand saves (for bird after 2 iron from 7th tee which is a 225m par 4 from the tips, hit greenside trap) and 30 putts. including TRIPLE on a 150m par 3

jaster
20th September 2004, 11:39 PM
i had 77, net 58, (11 over the card, 8 under hcp) in the Jindalee Cup and only got a SINGLE ball :cry: out in 41, in with 36. i hit 6 GIRS which is better than the 1-2 per round recently, 1 from 1 sand saves (for bird after 2 iron from 7th tee which is a 225m par 4 from the tips, hit greenside trap) and 30 putts. including TRIPLE on a 150m par 3

What par is Jindalee? 58 nett??? :shock: Single ball for going 8 under your handicap?? 225m Par 4...what the ****??

McMw
20th September 2004, 11:45 PM
sounds like a fun track Jaster.... :D
wouldn't mind belting the ball around there...

225mtr par 4??? aren't they par3s on the US tour that long???

Onewood
20th September 2004, 11:56 PM
74/7/67 :D

Only 2 birds so a fairly consistent day :D

Down to 6.3 8) if Windaroo lakes would have put my score in it would be 6.1

Oh well I get 2 weeks on 6 :D