View Full Version : Week beginning Monday 6 September

jaster
9th September 2004, 04:45 PM
Let us know how you went this week...

Fishman Dan
9th September 2004, 04:57 PM
](*,)

Still broken... this weekend out, maybe next weekend? [-o<

Sacked the old physio, went for a second opinion somewhere a block from work. He had new thoughts on some of the pain (sore and stiff hip) and we worked on that area and it's improved out of sight. Still soreness in the lower-back though...

Courty
9th September 2004, 05:14 PM
I played yesterday afternoon in the semi-final of the Club Championships Matchplay. I won my match 3/1 and will now be playing in the Final on the 25th. I worked out I would have had 80 or 81 if it was strokeplay. Was 3 over after 8 and doubled the 9th to finish 5 over, but 2 up in the match. Went around the 2nd 9 in 4 over. Highlight was seeing my opposition hit the par 5 12th in two, but still having the balls to lay up, hit a knockdown wedge to 6ft and make the birdie putt, then watch him 3 putt .
I also picked up a Demo R7 to try out on Saturday arve.

Jarro
9th September 2004, 05:19 PM
nice shootin' Courty 8)

macleod
9th September 2004, 05:43 PM
err, shot 105 at gailes with damo....selling more gear....

'tis my job to obey the exhortations of the board! :)

markTHEblake
9th September 2004, 05:46 PM
Highlight was seeing my opposition hit the par 5 12th in two, but still having the balls to lay up, hit a knockdown wedge to 6ft and make the birdie putt, then watch him 3 putt.

Gotta love that courty. I remember doing that exact same thing to a fella when i was a kid - but on two par 5's in a row! and the first one was an up and down with a 3 wood from the scrub followed by a mighty long putt.

I guess he wouldnt have minded so much, but I did hit a 3W to a couple of inches the hole before, and then an up and down with a Driver 3 holes previous. I think what really rattled him was when I chipped in for a birdie, and he missed a 3 foot eagle putt. :-)

claydog
9th September 2004, 07:56 PM
Hi Everybody,
This my first post on this forum,shot 99 at Capricorn International (Old Course) off the blue tees last week ,played like a dog (no GIR) (2 Fairways) and 8 bunkers in the round. SHOT 90 the week before (new course)white tees,this round included(6 GIR) (7 Fairways) and 4Pars 1 Birdie. my best score is 90 off white tees on the new,90 off the blue tees on the old.

jaster
9th September 2004, 08:06 PM
Good first post Craig...welcome and post all you want mate :)

goughy
9th September 2004, 08:08 PM
Hi claydog,

If you like bunkers, missing greens and hitting it into the rought then you're in good company here. My last game was 93, with 1 gir and 39 putts. And someone told me table tennis is hard :lol: :lol: (vincent price laugh)

claydog
9th September 2004, 08:12 PM
Thanks guy's,
look foward to many more posts.But it's time for me to go to work now gotta love nightshift.till next time

McMw
9th September 2004, 09:07 PM
78 with some dodgy shots thrown in and out... :roll:

Anonymous
9th September 2004, 09:09 PM
had a 97 at Gailes with Macca - that was 10 strokes better than a week ago - [an Ugly 107 at Nudgee] - so at that rate I should be on track for a good round at the Scramble next week ! - as for Macca can someone please buy his wedges off him - he would have shot an 80 if he stopped hitting wedges !!!
damoocow

Anonymous
9th September 2004, 09:11 PM
hang on that was no guest - that was..............
damoocow

AndyP
10th September 2004, 07:26 AM
What's the deal with these separate threads?

I thought the other way worked fine. :?

jaster
10th September 2004, 07:29 AM
Just a trial ANdyp..don't get your nose out of joint :lol: I have had a few comments that posts are getting lost too quickly in the other thread..that's all.

AndyP
10th September 2004, 07:41 AM
Just a trial ANdyp..don't get your nose out of joint :lol: I have had a few comments that posts are getting lost too quickly in the other thread..that's all.
OK, we'll see how it goes.
:idea: May I suggest that monthly may be more appropriate at this time.

Jarro
10th September 2004, 01:33 PM

do we really need 2 threads about the same thing :-k

Trung
10th September 2004, 01:37 PM

I thought the topic on the main page was fine :wink:

AndyP
10th September 2004, 02:12 PM
I believe that they are meant to replace the old mega-thread.

3oneday
10th September 2004, 02:24 PM
This would make it easier when trawling, ie at least you have a date to start looking for, anyway, I rarely post in these because I PLAY CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :roll: mind u, I'm pumped again for this weekend :smt026

Fishman Dan
10th September 2004, 04:05 PM
I'm just glad to see they obviously haven't settled on a moderator yet ;)

Jarro
10th September 2004, 05:21 PM

whatyoutalkinaboutwillis :?: :evil:

AndyP
10th September 2004, 08:56 PM
Yes, I believe they are trialling the role. I heard a rumour that the current moderator may get the sack after the recent avatar scandal. :-$ :wink:

McMw
10th September 2004, 09:37 PM
yeh....had a good round just then....

funny thing was that I was playing the way I wanted to - BORING GOLF!!!

I was playing with the aussie, and after his bogey on the first, he went birdie/birdie/birdie, and I was already 2 strokes behind him after 4...WTF!!!

anyway...boring golf wins out, I finished 1over for the nine - damn stupid bogey on the 8th... :evil:
he finished 2 over... :lol:

the KID wasn't even in contention!!! :wink:

Courty
11th September 2004, 08:29 PM
Played ind stab today. Only had 32pts. A few 3-putts but couldn't find a fairway with that damn R7. I had it set to High Neutral, but all I could hit was low hooks. Piece of *&^%! It's going straight back to Golf World on Monday.

McMw
11th September 2004, 09:19 PM
played to my hcp this arvo....with a breaking 8 footer on the last to save my par... :D

as it turned out, I thought I had 40 bucks in the pocket, but miscommunication on the first tee, meant I only won 8bucks... :shock:
but took the pool anyway... :wink:

once again....couldn't get off the bogey train on the back nine... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

36 holes tomorrow... great (long) weekend of golf!!!

Courty
11th September 2004, 09:33 PM
Played ind stab today. Only had 32pts. A few 3-putts but couldn't find a fairway with that damn R7. I had it set to High Neutral, but all I could hit was low hooks. Piece of *&^%! It's going straight back to Golf World on Monday.

Forgot to mention my highlight of the day. I won the NTP on the 151 water carry par 3 11th hole. Measured it at 180cm (pin high). Canned the putt too.

AndyP
12th September 2004, 12:43 PM
couldn't find a fairway with that damn R7. I had it set to High Neutral, but all I could hit was low hooks. Piece of *&^%! It's going straight back to Golf World on Monday.
:lol: :lol:
That's the way, Courty. :mrgreen:

mike
12th September 2004, 11:01 PM
Good on you Courty, I wouldn't be seen dead with an R7 in my bag either.

Have you sorted the Whatsi-drive out yet ?

andylo
13th September 2004, 07:30 AM
Ouch. whatever I posted in the lock down thread yesterday was gone :cry:

Kee
13th September 2004, 07:32 AM
Played Logan with Andylo and shot 103 this week. Down by 7 shots from last week.

My problem areas were, well, everywhere, but mainly consistency it the hardest thing to achieve at them moment.

Pars = 4
Bogeys = 4
Double Bogeys = 3
Triple Bogeys = 6

But, had a great day just being out and playing golf :D .

andylo
13th September 2004, 07:32 AM
Ouch. whatever I posted in the lock down thread yesterday was gone :cry:

Flowergirl
13th September 2004, 07:58 AM
WEll done Kee & Andylo ( read your report on other thread) Great to see you both improved on last weeks game. Just cut out those triple bogeys - they will kill you every time.
I didn't get to play this weekend - the weather was just so bad. Played nine holes on Friday aft before the rain and hail set in for the next 48 hours - shot a steady 45. :D
Went up late yesterday aft and spent over an hour practising the putting. It's been letting me down lately. Sorted out a few problems and spent a lot of time sorting out speed. I reckon that if I have the speed right - as long as I don't completely mis-read the break - I should be able to two putt most of the time rather than those dreaded 3 putts ( or even - dare I admit) 4 putts!!!)
Happy golfing to all and for the record I like this new topic. :wink:

amanda
13th September 2004, 08:20 AM
Shellharbour Links on Saturday - a career worst 17 points - Trung and Jono can tell you how awful my game was! (though my swing looks great in the pictures!)

The bad score didn't worry me though - I was more worried about standing upright in the wind!

burger
13th September 2004, 08:41 AM
Had a game with Pete D (3oneday) on Sunday.
I had a great day out . . . played like shite for 26 pts, but had a great day out.
Greens were furry and I just couldn't get the pace AT ALL ](*,) I lost count of how many 3 putts, I think I got 1 past the hole all day and mostly left them 3-6 feet short :shock:
there is merit to saying tiredness affects your game too, I've had a big couple of weeks.
Now having put up my excuses :?
Highlights for me were -
Great Drives on 8 & 16
General (for me) good chipping and a couple of nice flop shots too :D
Also good company from Pete and his to Fox hills single marker mates. 8)
Their combined Driving & putting displays =D>

stu.

McMw
13th September 2004, 11:32 AM
played 36 yesterday on 2 different course!!! :D

shotgun start at the airport course....had an AWESOME round...
broke 80 for the first time in a big way!!! shot 71!!! 3birdies, 2 bogeys!!! :D Had a chance to play 70, but I bogeyed the 2nd last hole, and missed a birdie chance on the last... :(
Won the Guest prize winner, and also took home the best front nine (33)...
Not too bad I thought, considering the last time I played there, I shot a 91... :oops:

straight after the game (didn't collect the prizes - dad took them) went down to the old course to play our social comp...
apart from a quad8 on the 2nd hole, I had 13 pars and shot 80... :(
lost a heap of balls on the fairway...got to be the worst course to play when wet!!!

anyway....that's 3 of the 5 courses off the list (breaking 80)...2 more to go!!! 8)

amanda
13th September 2004, 12:28 PM
congrats on the 71 mau - excellent work!

3oneday
13th September 2004, 01:05 PM
Almost, almost....

shot 7 over, which I guess I should be happy with in the wind, started off Par, triple (6 iron downwind, ended up going 200 through a fence, into a creek, only needed to go 170 !!!), was then 2 over after 7 and proceeded to hop on that bogeys train for the next 6.

Finished bird, bogey, bird - (dogleg par 5, downwind, 460 metres, Driver (GBB II NV 65), 9 iron, two putt bird), par.

Quite happy except had 34 putts, next week can't come soon enough. Very nice day out with S Burger, quite a few laughs which is always good.

Pete

Speirsy11
13th September 2004, 02:11 PM
Solid :cry: 83 at Shellharbour with the OZGolf crew for me this week.....I'm actually pretty happy with it, since it was my first round in 6 weeks due to a wrist injury, AND it was blowing a gale.......

45 on the front had me worried about breaking 90, but 38 on the back (with 5 bogeys to finish :evil: ) made me feel a little better.......

Not a great score, but it was better then any day at work......

Speirsy11

claydog
13th September 2004, 03:07 PM
Hi Everybody,
Played yesterday at Capricorn International (Old course) not a great round by any means but some glimmer of hope.Shot 96 which included 2 birdies 8)
2 pars :)
6 bogeys
5 doubles
2 triples :(
1 quad :evil:
Hit 6 fairways,4 greens in reg and had 35putts. Most memorable shot of the day was a 290y drive on the par 5 16th(off a new Stinger tee I was trying out).Just have to get a bit more consistancy and better course management,should improve game heaps.

Courty
13th September 2004, 04:50 PM
Good on you Courty, I wouldn't be seen dead with an R7 in my bag either.

Have you sorted the Whatsi-drive out yet ?
The Ezy-drive is starting to really work well for me. I'm starting to get the distances dialled in, and no more nasty hooks either.