PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on some new additions

kwantfm
18th February 2007, 08:29 PM
Well I played eight holes today with Pinglauncher... and had two new clubs in the bag.

(1) TM R500 Tour 10.5 with NV-105 S.
(2) Ping G2 EZ 400cc 15.5 with TX-90 R.

First off, the R500 is one sweet stick. Head is so small it looks like a contemporary 3-wood. Launch and flight are beautiful with a lowish launch for loft and what looked to me to be low spin characteristics. Hit two tee shots into the wind and definitely no ballooning. This driver is also as long as anything I've hit recently. The 105 gram shaft is wonderful. It has a super solid feeling and does not seem to diminish swing speed at all. All in all, this is a great feeling, great looking, great sounding driver.

As mentioned in a previous post, I wanted to try out the thriver idea. The 15.5 G2 fits the bill well. It sets up square and with the TX-90 (and an extra 10 grams in the hosel) specs out at about 43.5". I only hit it twice today but it is extremely forgiving (much easier to hit off the tee than a 3-wood), longer than a 3-wood, but much, much straighter than driver. I was getting respectable distance with this club (I'll have to take it out a few more times before I know how far I'm really hitting it). TX-90 felt okay, but still had the twangy feeling that I always find in wood-length steel shafts. Might try an NV-105 in this club too.

Cheers,
T

rick3003
19th February 2007, 02:16 PM
Holy smokes T, An NV 105?? Thats a serious shaft mate, 103 grams, 1.8 Torque. No problems loading it? Did it play alot firmer than the other NV's?

kwantfm
19th February 2007, 02:28 PM
Rick,

No problems loading it at all and the shaft is smooth as silk (I often find that heavier shafts feel smoother to me and make me swing with better tempo). I felt that the flex played similar to other NVs (I've tried 65, 75 and 85) but didn't feel as boardy as the lower weight versions.

T