PDA

View Full Version : Looking to play comp more often

kpac
15th February 2007, 05:44 PM
G'day, wanting to get out weekly to competition golf. Have read the thread about open comp's in south east queensland and that is a big help. I can play Wed morning early, Thurs early saturday (prefer early) or sunday. Can anyone advise good social comps for these day. Cheap would be a bonus. approx $20 - $30 i realise the open days are listed on the other thread i just figured others may have advise as to which clubs have good comps on these days. (and by good, i simply mean easy going, happy to have a beer after style of play)
Also (i've tried to link my golflink in my sig, but can do it as fancy as the rest of you, as it comes up saying the whole link not just "golflink" but i tried in vein and couldn't get it, oh well) anyway, i haven't handed in a card for 12 months, is my handicap still eligiable to play in other clubs competitions, or do i have to hand in, home club, rounds first. To add to this i've never played stableford before, and although i know the rules and scoring no worries, i'd prefer to get the first couple of comps out of the way shortly, so i can get into the swing of things.
appreciate any advise. impressed by how many games seem to be organised through this website, (i've been contemplating throwing my hand up for the Kooralbyn champs weekend, but being new about here i figured i'd wait untill i got to play a round with some of you blokes (or girls) first.
Thanks
K

Jarro
15th February 2007, 05:49 PM
kpac, Nudgee has open comps on wednesdays, fridays and sundays.

I play as many Wednesdays as i can, depending on my roster ..... i'll let you know when i'm playing next and if you're availoable, come along and have a bash.

(i'll also give you the dirt on all the wankers on the site .... invaluable stuff really) :mrgreen:

kpac
15th February 2007, 05:52 PM
kpac, Nudgee has open comps on wednesdays, fridays and sundays.

I play as many Wednesdays as i can, depending on my roster ..... i'll let you know when i'm playing next and if you're availoable, come along and have a bash.

(i'll also give you the dirt on all the wankers on the site .... invaluable stuff really) :mrgreen:
champion jarro, that'd be super, first wednesday i could play would be the 28th but any week after that works for me.

AndyP
15th February 2007, 05:53 PM
Who better to get it from than the number one candidate?

I'll fix your golflink link up for you.

Jarro
15th February 2007, 05:56 PM
champion jarro, that'd be super, first wednesday i could play would be the 28th but any week after that works for me.

sounds good, i'm on nightshift that night so i don't start work 'till 6pm.

I might put a thread up and see if anyone else wants to join us.

kpac
15th February 2007, 06:01 PM
sounds good, i'm on nightshift that night so i don't start work 'till 6pm.
I might put a thread up and see if anyone else wants to join us.

i like this forum already! thanks mate.

AndyP
15th February 2007, 08:27 PM
I can play Wed morning early, Thurs early saturday (prefer early) or sunday. Can anyone advise good social comps for these day.
A lot of us take advantage of the Sunday open days, so sign up if we get something going or start something yourself.

anyway, i haven't handed in a card for 12 months, is my handicap still eligiable to play in other clubs competitions, or do i have to hand in, home club, rounds first.I think you should be right, as it says your handicap is lapsing (but not lapsed). It might kick in again once you play another round.

To add to this i've never played stableford before, and although i know the rules and scoring no worries, i'd prefer to get the first couple of comps out of the way shortly, so i can get into the swing of things.
appreciate any advise.Playing your first one with jarro mightn't be the best thing to do, as he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he probably has some idea, so he'll have to do.

i like this forum already!
Sweet Talker. ;)

AndyP
15th February 2007, 08:38 PM
I found this post helpful re lapsed handicap. Gotta love Blakey's work.
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=74111&postcount=9

BrisWesty
16th February 2007, 11:10 PM
Welcome aboard kpac, Woodford is a $7 comp on a Sunday. We ought to get a day out there at some stage. If Cobra doesn't want to start organising I might!