PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 12th February

Grunt
14th February 2007, 04:50 PM
Played Cumberland Country Club this morning with Andrew. Played really scrappy, was not as bad as the score suggests. It was just one of those days where I could not score. Had at least 8 putts shave the cup and stop within 2 inches of the hole. Only the one wipe when I played the hole poorly due to trying to get the score back on track.

29 points
94 Gross
5 Fairways
0 GIR
1/8 Up & Downs
1/3 Sand Saves
2 Penalties
33 putts

Not sure where tomorrows game will be, if I play at all. I might hit the range for a few hours and get the swing good for the game at Kooindah on Friday.

chappy1970
15th February 2007, 02:47 PM
Haven't been playing that much recently, so no posts in this thread for ages.

Had a hit and giggle 9 holes this morning with some blokes from work.

At Royal Burnley a Public course in Melbourne, very simple course, short soft, slow greens, sparce grass covering on the fairways (like most public courses in Melbourn at the moment).

Have adopted a few pointers from the pro that I had a lesson with a while back and it is starting to come together.

Bogeyed the first,
bogeyed the second after tugging a 1 foot putt for par left, due to a dirty great lump of crap on the putter face (note to self - clean putter face before every putt.)

Birdie (hilarious hole - drive into the left tree line about 230 mtrs and had a partial swing and view to the green, chocked down on a 6 iron, hitting it low, it went chasing up to the green, onto the green and hit the pin, finishing about 4 inches from the hole.simple birdie putt),

par,

par,

par,

par,

birdie,

par (3 putted from 15 feet, should have 2 putted for birdie - pretty easy hole though Par 4 - 205 mtrs, I knocked a three iron on, it hit and actually plugged and spun back 2 foot???????.......a 3 iron how can you do that?) Shot even par 35, should have been a 2 under 33, except for not cleaning the putter face on the second and being a little careless on the last.

I was pretty happy with my game, its only a short course, but hey you still gotta get it in the hole don't YA.

Chappy

Grunt
16th February 2007, 05:17 PM
Played Kooindah Waters

Played Crap
19 points
7 wipes
2 pars
too much crap golf.

BrisVegas
17th February 2007, 01:49 PM
Sat comp at Brookwater.

77 gross for 37 points. The comp was a 4BBB stab and we had 41 points.
10 fairways
7 GIR
27 putts

Hit it pretty well, although nothing too spectacular. Short game is helping me save some scores lately. I dropped the extra wedge (48) out of the bag today and didn't notice it.

Fishman Dan
17th February 2007, 03:25 PM
36 points (20/16).

Had a stiff and sore back all week but never considered not playing. Hit driver and irons beautifully pretty much all day, but lost the plot with my wedges. I tried the TM wedges again (2nd week back in the bag) and lost all confidence. The course doesn't have good enough grass coverage to use them. Flubbed and stuffed them up all day. I guess it's not the fault of the wedges - it's my fault for missing the friggin' greens!

Escaped with 36 points off the new handicap with a total of 2 points from the 3 holes where I don't get shots :oops:

Courty
17th February 2007, 06:16 PM
23 points. :oops:
I'm starting to think I should take some time off while I concentrate on getting my core strength back (Pilates etc.). I just can't make 2 swings the same. And it's doing my head in. The putting is going just fine (no thanks to Jono's drills ;)), but it's the getting-to-the-green bit that's not working.

On another note, I played with Greg Dowling today (yes that Greg Dowling). He was a top bloke and a very consistent 14-marker. He confirmed our thoughts that the Bunnies have got nuthin' ;).

goughy
17th February 2007, 06:31 PM
On another note, I played with Greg Dowling today (yes that Greg Dowling). He was a top bloke and a very consistent 14-marker. He confirmed our thoughts that the Bunnies have got nuthin' ;).

Here is your new sig courty!!!

PeteyD
17th February 2007, 06:55 PM
1/4 Final Salty's Cup Match Play today. Big win to Pete 6/5. Really happy with the irons now with the new shafts in them. 44 going out, won the first 5 holes. Took the foot off the throttle a bit after the win, but had 93/67 off the bat (yes the KV round is finally in golf link). 12/14 Fairways (The FT-3 is rather nice), 3 GIR, 35 putts (The Scotty is coming along, still not great with it from about 4' to 6'). 5 Pars, 6 Bog 6 Doub and 1 triple. Best I have played so far.

Roll on the semi's next week.

AndyP
17th February 2007, 07:12 PM
Rock on, Petey! Great stuff!

Grunt
17th February 2007, 07:16 PM
Great Stuff PeteyD, keep on going mate and enjoy it.

BrisVegas
18th February 2007, 07:43 AM
1/4 Final Salty's Cup Match Play today. Big win to Pete 6/5. Really happy with the irons now with the new shafts in them. 44 going out, won the first 5 holes. Took the foot off the throttle a bit after the win, but had 93/67 off the bat (yes the KV round is finally in golf link). 12/14 Fairways (The FT-3 is rather nice), 3 GIR, 35 putts (The Scotty is coming along, still not great with it from about 4' to 6'). 5 Pars, 6 Bog 6 Doub and 1 triple. Best I have played so far.

Awesome Pete! Congrats on the win and the solid play! 12/14 fairays is unbelievable! Once you get that GIR and putting sharpened up a bit, you'll be in the 80's before you know it.

Jarro
18th February 2007, 12:51 PM
85 (nett 73) at Nudgee today.

Hit the driver pretty, but had some issues with the shortgame :(

11 fairways
4 G.I.R's
32 putts
5/14 u&d's

Eag's
18th February 2007, 02:10 PM
Played Nudgee today Single Stab
82 (69 net)

Hit the ball solid most of the day with a nice consistent fade :-D
9 Greens
8 fairways
33 putts :(
1 Birdie
8 pars
6 Bogeys
3 Doubles

BrisVegas
18th February 2007, 02:18 PM
nice work Eagsy. 33 putts is not like you though! Great to see the fade is working. I tried to hit a couple yesterday and failed miserably.

Eag's
18th February 2007, 08:49 PM
Yes the putter was cold today mate :(
The confidence has had a real boost with the improved ball striking :smt002

shazza_rs
18th February 2007, 09:01 PM
Played American Foursomes at Riverlakes on Saturday (17-2-07).

My partner and i had 75/62.... ended up winning the best gross and we won net on a countback.

Scored a 30 buck voucher and a couple of balls.

perci
18th February 2007, 09:12 PM
Yes the putter was cold today mate :(
The confidence has had a real boost with the improved ball striking :smt002

Good to see your on the way back Richard,We'll have to hook up for a game soon.

AndyP
18th February 2007, 09:48 PM
Played American Foursomes at Riverlakes on Saturday (17-2-07).

My partner and i had 75/62.... ended up winning the best gross and we won net on a countback.

Scored a 30 buck voucher and a couple of balls.
I saw that in the paper, Shaz, well done. Remind me what American Foursomes is, and what did your partner play off?

goughy
18th February 2007, 09:52 PM
Is it the one where you both hit a drive, then you play eachothers ball for the second shots, then select the best positioned ball and play alternate shot from there, picking up the other ball.

shazza_rs
19th February 2007, 10:47 AM
what did your partner play off? 11

Is it the one where you both hit a drive, then you play eachothers ball for the second shots, then select the best positioned ball and play alternate shot from there, picking up the other ball.

Correct Goughy.

We actually combined pretty well... when one stuffed up the other usually came through with the goods. Like when Phil domed his driver on 2 into the water in front of the tee.....
My tees were well in front of the water..... ARGHHH!

Riverlakes is par 70 (36-34). We had 38-37 for a 75. With a 13 handicap we had a net 62.