PDA

View Full Version : ON HOLD!! Victorian Links Challenge - Queen's Birthday Weekend

Bruce
14th February 2007, 10:06 AM
Alrighty then I think I have a plan now for this. The limiting factor is the day that visitors are allowed to play the Beach course at 13th Beach. The Sands will take group bookings for any Sunday morning.

The plan therefore is:
Saturday PM - 13th Beach - Ocean ($60)
Sunday AM - The Sands ($85 including cart)

Both of these are on the Bellarine so fly down to Avalon for those that are going to make the trip. The important question is - which weekend suits the most.

12-13 May, 26-27 May or 9-10 June. The June dates are Queen's Birthday and so accomodation is likely to be more $$$ or harder to organise.

I will start sniffing around for accomodation deals. It is mostly B&B places down there by the looks.

NOTE - The poll allows more than one answer so vote for every weekend you can make if you want to come.

A rename to make it clear we are talking about real golf and not computer golf.

peter_rs
14th February 2007, 10:10 AM
good work bruce

andylo
14th February 2007, 10:10 AM
Lucky barstards... have a links style course to play

Bruce
14th February 2007, 10:17 AM
If this works I am thinking of getting more ambitious. The Tri-Corner Links Challenge. 13th Beach Ocean, The Dunes or Moonah Legends, and Barnbougle.

That would/will be 9 kinds of awesome.

Flowergirl
14th February 2007, 10:27 AM
Not the first date option. Mothers Day. Good work Bruce. :)

Bruce
14th February 2007, 10:28 AM
I hope you have approval from our arkitecha afficionado's to call those courses "Links".

I thought sort of debates happened 'elsewhere'?

And "Links-style Challenge" doesn't have the same ring to it.

BrisVegas
14th February 2007, 10:44 AM
sorry Bruce, sounds great but I can't make it. We're taking a trip to Tassie & Barny dunes in March now. (Jetstar rawks! $130 return) Will be our last trip away for a while with bub #2 coming in late July/early Aug.

PeteyD
14th February 2007, 11:10 AM
If this works I am thinking of getting more ambitious. The Tri-Corner Links Challenge. 13th Beach Ocean, The Dunes or Moonah Legends, and Barnbougle.

That would/will be 9 kinds of awesome.

Bruce if my little side project takes off I might take you up on this one

Fishman Dan
14th February 2007, 11:15 AM
I thought this was a computer game challenge until I read the thread. Aside from that I'm too scared to call any golf course a "Links".

Bruce
24th February 2007, 12:16 PM
So it looks like Queen's Birthday Weekend is the choice of the masses.

I will confirm course and accomodation availability.

Looks like I'm booking for up to 12.

poidda
24th February 2007, 06:27 PM
hmmm, this is looking even more tempting now seeing the Socceroos are playing Argentina on Wednesday the 6th as their last leadup game before the Asia Cup!!!

Jono
25th February 2007, 03:09 PM
I know I've got some leave in May, but not sure about my roster in June. Have to wait and see. I'm keen though. 8)

Ona
8th March 2007, 06:41 PM
Bruce if the game at the beach is still on throw me in for sure, I'm keen.

Bruce
3rd April 2007, 07:56 PM
Bump to look for actual numbers now. Accomodation needs to be booked for some/all and I need some real details.

Please respond with confirmations.

1. Bruce

Falcon
3rd April 2007, 08:02 PM
Me Second!

I can stay at my g\f's in altona if worst comes to worst ;)

Flowergirl
4th April 2007, 05:17 PM
1. Bruce
2. The Falcon
3. Flowergirl
4. Johnny

Bruce - are you booking the accomodation or just the golf?

Bruce
4th April 2007, 07:53 PM
1. Bruce
2. The Falcon
3. Flowergirl
4. Johnny

Bruce - are you booking the accomodation or just the golf?

I can do both. There are a couple of options depending on how many actually require accomodation.

peter_rs
5th April 2007, 10:27 AM
Bruce

Shazza & I will be a last minute thing for this if we can make it. Let me know when your booking.

marcel
6th April 2007, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=golfer69;145255]I have promised judge smails I'll be down for his 50th birthday. Not sure of the date but its in June I think.
QUOTE]

I'm sure judge is humbled that you're planning something so far ahead, you may want to see how his 40th goes first however. I think it is the long weekend.

Ona
6th April 2007, 10:25 PM
I can't be kept away from the Beach game Bruce. Although if last Thursday is a sign I might not make it round 18 :(

zipptopp
8th April 2007, 05:20 PM
Preliminary negotiations with the CEO are looking promising on this one.When do I have to make a final commitment by?

Bruce
20th April 2007, 06:35 PM
Everyone.

My most sincere apologies but I have just been given a new job here at IBM (a bit of a promotion :) ) and it looks very likey that I will have to spend the first 2 weeks of June out of the country. I must therefore place this on hold for the time being until I have this detail confirmed.

I am really really really really sorry. :(

PeteyD
20th April 2007, 06:39 PM
No worries Bruce. Good luck with your new job recruiting Indian programmers

Flowergirl
28th May 2007, 05:12 PM
Ok...I know this event is on hold but is anyone interested in a game on either Sunday or Monday of Queens Birthday weekend. I'm happy to travel - or to have a game down here on the Peninsula. Any takers????