PDA

View Full Version : Moss Vale GC - Thursday 22nd Febuary Results plus review added.

Grunt
10th February 2007, 02:33 PM
Who is keen for a game? Moss Vale. Off to the Southern Highlands for a game.
Will be an early tee time, tee time will be added once booking enquiry made.

Andrew 36 points
Grunt 24 points (another spoon:()

Andrew
10th February 2007, 03:01 PM
I'm a simple man, Grant. Now you are just confusing me......

..... but, yes, I am interested.

jimandr
13th February 2007, 09:23 PM
Technically, I'm available for a game, but only at a course within an hour of Forster, as that is where I'll be next week.

Now if Andrew was contemplating a game at Newcastle one day next week, I might be prepared to put in a few extra miles.

Grunt
15th February 2007, 07:14 AM
Course has been selected, Moss Vale GC.

Fishman Dan
15th February 2007, 09:19 AM
That's the way... put your foot down... and play with yourself!

Virgal_Tracy
15th February 2007, 02:09 PM
Pencil me in for this. Should know tomorrow whether I can make it. Been wanting to get down to the highlands for a game

Andrew
15th February 2007, 08:45 PM
It is a roll up start, so no booking.

As Grant said, it needs to be an early start. That is due to me, unfortunately, so I would think a 7:30 tee time would be good.

Grunt
15th February 2007, 09:00 PM
I'll drive Andrew, as the petrol is paid for by QANTAS.

Andrew
15th February 2007, 09:13 PM
I'll be waiting out the front of my place, as my petrol is paid for by ANDREW.

What time ? 6:00am

Grunt
15th February 2007, 09:22 PM
Reckon we could leave a little later, did a recalculation of travel time and I reckon it will take a little over an hour. So how does 6:15 sound?

Andrew
15th February 2007, 09:51 PM
Reckon we could leave a little later, did a recalculation of travel time and I reckon it will take a little over an hour. So how does 6:15 sound?

Sounds good, as long as you pay attention to that woman who keeps talking to you this time. :-P

Grunt
15th February 2007, 10:13 PM
LOL, I will. She is saying it will take 1 hour and nine minutes this time.

goughy
18th February 2007, 11:49 AM
I'll drive Andrew, as the petrol is paid for by QANTAS.

How well does aviation fuel burn in the Focus. Bet you get some acceleration there? ;)

Grunt
20th February 2007, 04:12 PM
Pencil me in for this. Should know tomorrow whether I can make it. Been wanting to get down to the highlands for a game
Are you joining us Vince?

Virgal_Tracy
21st February 2007, 08:59 AM
Unfortunately no. HAve chold duties that means I can't get away early enough.

Have fun boys and be sure to include a review.

Grunt
21st February 2007, 06:27 PM
See you in the morning Andrew just after 6.

Andrew
21st February 2007, 07:54 PM
See you in the morning Andrew just after 6.

Ready & waiting.

Grunt
22nd February 2007, 07:11 PM
Tried to add a review but I don't have access to the reviews page. So here it is.

Moss Vale Golf Club

A nice little country golf course that seems to be in a constant redevelopment as some holes are showing their age in both design and condition.

Hole 1
336m Par 4
Relatively straight hole, slightly uphill with a small green, no real hazards in this one, fairway is quite forgiving in the landing zone for most drives.

Hole 2
145m Par 3
A nice par 3 going across the hill to a green that is relatively flat. Don't miss the green right as it looks as if you could roll quite some way down the hill.

Hole 3
291m Par 4
A hole going back across the hill in the opposite direction to the 2nd. It doglegs slightly back up the hill to the right just at the landing zone for drives. Another green that sits on the side of a hill with itself relatively flat.

Hole 4
473m Par 5
A downhill par 5 that doglegs to the right, 2nd shots are a lay-up iron to get in position for a chip over the water to a green that for the first time has bunkers. Green slopes back to front.

Hole 5
371m Par 4
Uphill dogleg left par 4 with a wide open driving area. Long drivers may run out of fairway if they dont draw it round the corner. Yet another green that is sitting on the hill. Green slopes back to front and a little left to right.

Hole 6
160m Par 3
A relatively new hole, the green it a little more complex than the original greens that are on some of the holes on the course. A bunker short and left protects the front pin placements. Green is wider than it is deep, so with the multiple tees that can be used club selection would be vital.

Hole 7
466m Par 5
Another hole that leaves the clubhouse back towards the hill. This hole dogleggs to the right at about the 3rd shot layup point. Flat raised green with a little back to front, left to right break.

Hole 8
373m Par 4
A weird par 4 that most players will not play the ball to the correct position on the fairway to have a shot at the green. You have to drive a close toe the left hand edge of the fairway as you can as the dogleg to the right is quite late and quite sharp about 60m out from the hole. It looks as if this green has been upgraded in the past as it is noticeably different to the other older style greens.

Hole 9
313m Par 4
A par 4 that follows back alongside the 8th doglegging back to the left. Another old style green with itself elevated about 1m above the fairway.

Hole 10
309m par 4
Shorter par 4 with a wide fairway that has another newer looking green

Hole 11
127m Par 3
A nice little par 3 with a bunker to the left and a long swale running across the back of the green. A totally new hole.

Hole 12
329m Par 4
Straightforward Par 4 that does not require Driver off the tee to give a good short iron shot into the green.

Hole 13
312m Par 4
Another short par 4 that just requires a solid tee shot that will find the fairway, to give an good chance at hitting the green in regulation

Hole 14
365m Par 4
Uphill Par 4 that needs the drive to get round the corner on the right or be on the left hand side of the fairway to give a shot at the green. Second shot goes uphill around 10m.

Hole 15
401m Par 4
Straight Long Par 4 that has a quite wide fairway, has a long grass garden thing on the right hand side of the fairway that may catch some drives. Second shot to a flat green

Hole 16
203m Par 3
Long hole with a bunker on the left front side. Longish flat green. Actually looks shorter off the tee than the 200m but is all of the 200m.

Hole 17
501m Par 5
Nice par 5 with large open fairway as it slowly rises up to the green, long thin green with a little swale to make the running shot pull up before making it to the green.

Hole 18
379m Par 4
Nice Finishing hole, drives must get as far down the fairway to enable a shot at the green. It requires the player to cross the creek that runs in front of the green.

Hope this is an accurate review, Andrew pick me up on any mistakes I have made if I confused any holes or left out info that you feel should be added.