PDA

View Full Version : Srixon Ball HRX 333...opinions?

jaster
7th September 2004, 06:05 PM
I'm thinking of trying a few different balls and noticed the HRX333 sure seems like a good ball on paper. I used the URX a few times and while it was a good feeling and playing ball it was shorter than the PROV1X by 10-15ms.....does anyone know if the HRX333 compares?

What about durability? I can get 18 holes comfortable from a prov1x and found the HXtour to be nearly as good in durability but just too expensive :(

Opinions are appreciated.

Iain
7th September 2004, 06:09 PM
Why do you want to change? What are you looking for? :?: Something that is better for the short game? Long game? Irons?

I haven't read anything about them? On BSG, they rate the Nike Black quite well? (Which I'm sure you've read anyway) :roll:

Iain

gazgolf1
7th September 2004, 06:16 PM
Never hit one but I've heard the the durability is terrible. :x

Apparently Srixon are aware of this problem and are working on it.

jaster
7th September 2004, 06:17 PM
I am wanting a little more check with chips, not that I can't get the PROV1x to check, I guess I just like the sound of the Srixon :) I guess I could just use the normal prov1 but it is 10m shorter than the X also :roll:

kwantfm
7th September 2004, 06:45 PM
Jaster,

Have you tried the U-Tri Tour... apparently designed for swing speeds > 105 mph (i.e. you).

They are selling them for $50 per dozen at Power Golf at the moment. IMO the best ball on the market bar none.

Jarro
7th September 2004, 06:58 PM
Jaster,

Have you tried the U-Tri Tour... apparently designed for swing speeds > 105 mph (i.e. you).

They are selling them for $50 per dozen at Power Golf at the moment. IMO the best ball on the market bar none.

..another vote for the U-Tri Tour here as well :smt023

jaster
7th September 2004, 07:37 PM
I bought a dozen 2nd hand Utri Tours to try a few months ago but didn't really get time due to wanting to try and practice with the same ball I was playing comp/pennants with...thanks for reminding me 8) :lol: I'll dig them out of the cupboard and take a few out to the course to practice with ;)

McMw
8th September 2004, 12:23 AM
I've played a few good rounds with the UTRITOUR, and whilst I don't have the SS to take advantage of the sposed distance on offer, I did get a lot of check with the iron shots with these balls...never done it before with other balls (inc the ProV) on the greens here...

Jarro
8th September 2004, 02:19 AM
for me the Utri-Tours aren't quite as long as the ProV1X's but they do feel lots better to chip and putt with :)

.. also heaps cheaper as well :wink:

jaster
8th September 2004, 04:36 AM
.. also heaps cheaper as well :wink:

Tight ar$e :wink: :lol:

gazgolf1
8th September 2004, 04:42 AM
The new Maxfli Revolution Tour is rumoured to be a gun pill. 8)

AndyP
8th September 2004, 03:54 PM
:?: Do Ping make any good balls? :wink:

Iain
8th September 2004, 04:03 PM
:?: Do Ping make any good balls? :wink:
If they did, they'd probably be some funny grey colour and fugly, I'd don't know how a ball could be ugly, but Ping would find a way..... :P :twisted: :roll:

McMw
8th September 2004, 04:24 PM
if Ping made balls...this thread wouldn't have started!!!! :wink:

jaster
8th September 2004, 04:43 PM
I would be laughing if there was something funny to laugh at, its growing very old guys :roll:

markTHEblake
8th September 2004, 04:48 PM
[quote=AndyP]If they did, they'd probably be some funny grey colour and fugly, I'd don't know how a ball could be ugly, but Ping would find a way..... :P :twisted: :roll:

You dont remember the multi colour balls? white and Green, white and yellow, or white and orange.

jaster
8th September 2004, 05:32 PM
He hasn't been playing for long enough blakey ;) he has NFI :lol:

terryand
8th September 2004, 05:45 PM
I would be laughing if there was something funny to laugh at, its growing very old guys :roll:

Yes Jaster it is getting old :smt045

But it still funny for most of us :smt042 :smt043 :smt044 :smt047

Terry.

jaster
8th September 2004, 06:11 PM
Figures :shock:

gazgolf1
8th September 2004, 06:35 PM
:shock:

Tezza you champion.......now thats an avatar. :wink:

nudgee
8th September 2004, 06:42 PM
holy crap terry love the freakin avatar - yummy

AndyP
8th September 2004, 07:14 PM
Old for you maybe.
I think we can still get some more out of it. :wink:

jaster
8th September 2004, 07:21 PM
Old for you maybe.
I think we can still get some more out of it. :wink:

Especially when the delete key comes out hey!! 8)

AndyP
8th September 2004, 07:26 PM
Especially when the delete key comes out hey!! 8)
Let's not go there again, jaster. :evil: [-X

jaster
8th September 2004, 07:31 PM
Yes lets not [-X