PDA

View Full Version : Shaft tendancy or swing flaws?

Fishman Dan
7th September 2004, 11:45 AM
Prior to my being sidelined, i started ballooning my driver, with the obvious (gay) fade. I rarely hit a ball straight any more, i am happy if i can limit the left-right so it stays between the trees.... (or carries the trees and finds neighbouring short grass).

Please note - I know I have swing flaws (like all of us), but does the 35s pronounce them? When i first got this club i was smashing them lower and straighter....

I am pretty sure the technique has gone skewiff, but wondering if the ProLite 35s is contributing to the ballooning?

But i am a good craftsman... :roll: I think it's the tool on the end of the club ;)

Thoughts?

andylo
7th September 2004, 11:53 AM
A block during down swing? :wink:

Fishman Dan
7th September 2004, 12:01 PM
A block during down swing? :wink:

A-Lo, you're talking riddles.... :smt102

I am more concerned about the ballooning flight, whereas a lower (further) fade would be more bareable...

AndyP
7th September 2004, 12:14 PM
When i first got this club i was smashing them lower and straighter....

I think your answer is there. You could hit the club at some stage so my guess is that swing flaws are most of the problem.
Or it's the honeymoon period of a club, that these HOs are always talking about. :roll:

Jarro
7th September 2004, 03:47 PM
Fishy, i had a Prolite 35S in my old Cobra driver and i hated it :evil: didn't seem to kick the ball out there at all ... it had a pop-gun type ballflight that started out high and strong, then just died in the arse :roll:

burger
7th September 2004, 03:48 PM
Dan,
I find when I try to SMASH the bejesus out of the driver (all the time) I also SLICE the bejesus out of it.

Are you trying to exact more distance out of the beasty compared to when you first got it?

stu

Fishman Dan
7th September 2004, 03:50 PM
Fishy, i had a Prolite 35S in my old Cobra driver and i hated it :evil: didn't seem to kick the ball out there at all ... it had a pop-gun type ballflight that started out high and strong, then just died in the bum :roll:

You bitch. You were the one who told me that it's a good shaft in a good club in the first place! :shock: :P

3oneday
7th September 2004, 03:52 PM
Fishyfishyfushyfushy,

Whats the loft ?? I can't remember when we played, but then that probably isn't a good example of your golfing ability (that, I remember :lol: ). You could be compensating for a low loft by scooping the ball or dropping into it and flipping the wrists. As advised previously, there is a bloody good coach at Fox Hills, any one of the 3 of them. Don't listen to this crowd :P .

The other, and more obvious solution, one which I have employed many, many times myself............ Get a new driver 8) now, let me tell you what I have going at the mo..... :lol: .

:lol: Pete

Jarro
7th September 2004, 04:02 PM
Fishy, i had a Prolite 35S in my old Cobra driver and i hated it :evil: didn't seem to kick the ball out there at all ... it had a pop-gun type ballflight that started out high and strong, then just died in the bum :roll:

You bitch. You were the one who told me that it's a good shaft in a good club in the first place! :shock: :P

I'm not a bitch :o

.. but i have been wrong before :wink:

Don't listen to Pete, it's never your fault.... always the clubs. :wink:

Get out there and HoHoHo 8)

Fishman Dan
7th September 2004, 04:19 PM
Whats the loft ?? I can't remember when we played, but then that probably isn't a good example of your golfing ability

No, that wasn't a good day :oops: Didn't putt too badly - if i made it onto the green with shots to spare that is... :roll:

9.5* - don't know the shaft length either. But i've dead set lost 20 metres because of the 'poofy' ballooning slice... (not that there's too much wrong with that).

McMw
7th September 2004, 04:28 PM
another ex-prolite 35s users - not have had great memories...

the 35r was better, the Elite R even better!!! :wink:

kwantfm
7th September 2004, 04:39 PM
I second the Elite R... by far my favourite Grafalloy shaft of all time!

jaster
7th September 2004, 04:57 PM
I used a prolite 35 stiff last year in a TM300, great shaft and no way would it have anything to do with the ballooning, especially if you did hit this club well in the past.....sounds to me like you are too steep with your swing and moving from out to in rather than in to out.

You either need to get a lesson or send me a video and I'll give you a few pointers ;)

Fishman Dan
7th September 2004, 05:34 PM
You either need to get a lesson or send me a video and I'll give you a few pointers ;)

You're talking golf swing, yeah? :lol:

At last a good news story, in a way... perhaps a lengthy lay-off is what my swing needed. So which shaft is the one that makes you hit the nice, searing draw-shot? :roll:

Jarro
7th September 2004, 05:40 PM
So which shaft is the one that makes you hit the nice, searing draw-shot? :roll:

Fujikura Speeder 757 stiff \:D/

McMw
7th September 2004, 05:42 PM
So which shaft is the one that makes you hit the nice, searing draw-shot? :roll:

any ladies shaft could do the trick!!!

Jarro
7th September 2004, 05:45 PM

any ladies shaft could do the trick!!!

oohhh you're a nasty bit of work McMw :P :lol:

jaster
7th September 2004, 05:49 PM
Now this comes from a lifetime slicer....bad shot is and has always been the high ballooning gay fade....it's all about swing path. You could be coming Over the Top

The latest American Golf Digest has an article.....one of the simplest and best I have ever read and is exactly what I have been working on this whole year and have almost rid myself of the slice.

http://www.golfdigest.com/instruction/index.ssf?/instruction/gd200408flick.html

http://content-golf.live.advance.net/images/gd200408/flick3.jpg
Over-the-top cure: (1) From your normal address position, keeping your arms quiet, hinge your wrists until the shaft is parallel to the ground. (2) Swing the hands, arms and club to turn your shoulders. (3) Swing the club to the top. (4, 5) Swing your arms down and through on an inside path.

You cannot hit Gay fades easily with this swing path :)

gazgolf1
7th September 2004, 05:49 PM
Fishy,
Check your ball position (don't say it :roll: )

If the pill is too far forward in your stance you will tend to slice it.
Bring it back a couple of inches and experiment a bit to see if that helps.

jaster
7th September 2004, 05:56 PM
I agree Gaz but too far forward with the driver can actually make you hook the ball and too far back can make you slice it...it's all about where you release your hands in relation to the ball....too far forward and your hands have already released and are rolling over...HOOK CITY ;) Too far back and your release is too early.....SLICE HEAVEN :P

I think swing path if it's gay fades.....

McMw
7th September 2004, 06:06 PM
http://www.golfdigest.com/instruction/index.ssf?/instruction/gd200408flick.html

http://content-golf.live.advance.net/images/gd200408/flick3.jpg
Over-the-top cure: (1) From your normal address position, keeping your arms quiet, hinge your wrists until the shaft is parallel to the ground. (2) Swing the hands, arms and club to turn your shoulders. (3) Swing the club to the top. (4, 5) Swing your arms down and through on an inside path.

wonder wat the rest of the foursome would say if I show up with a swing like that tomorrow... 8)

jaster
7th September 2004, 06:14 PM
Probably say well done when you hit 10m draws to the middle of the fairway all day and take $20 each off them ;) :lol: