PDA

View Full Version : Victorian 2007 Matchplay

Toolish
2nd February 2007, 10:16 AM
Given we are a month into the year...thought should get this thread started. Anyone keen?

Updated with draw :
1. Toolish vs AndiGold
2. FlowerGirl vs Johnboy
3. Bruce vs Falcon
4. Chappy vs Chiper

2nd Round :
5. Toolish vs Johnboy
6. Winner of 3 vs Winner of 4.

Final :
Winner of 5 vs Winner of 6.

Bruce
2nd February 2007, 12:40 PM
Any excuse.

1. Bruce

AndyP
12th February 2007, 02:14 PM
FG? Ona? Chappy? Falcon?

Falcon
12th February 2007, 06:22 PM
I'm in!

Ona
15th February 2007, 11:05 AM
I'm out. Haven't played in months, sold my hogans and don't have a handicap. Hope you get a crew together tho.

chappy1970
15th February 2007, 11:26 AM
I'm in.

1. Bruce
2. Chappy

Hopefully some of those new VIC members will get on board and hopefully Toolish wont have the greatest golfing purple patch in recorded history around finals time again......right Bruce :oops:

Flowergirl
15th February 2007, 12:59 PM
I'm in. :mrgreen: And I'll put Johnny Boy in too.

Toolish
15th February 2007, 08:51 PM
I'm in!

Lovely!

I'm out. Haven't played in months, sold my hogans and don't have a handicap. Hope you get a crew together tho.

Just keep on posting mate, too much Alba is never enough! How is the tennis going?

I'm in.

1. Bruce
2. Chappy

Hopefully some of those new VIC members will get on board and hopefully Toolish wont have the greatest golfing purple patch in recorded history around finals time again......right Bruce :oops:

Purple patch...hmmm...I am just a superior golfer who can't play official comps at my home course to save myself! 2 of the 4 best rounds of last year were in ozgolf events!

I'm in. :mrgreen: And I'll put Johnny Boy in too.

Ok....so far we have

1. Bruce
2. Chappy
3. Falcon
4. Flowergirl
5. Johnny Boy (what is his forum name again...doesn't sound right saying that not being FG??)
6. Toolish...best try to defend the title!

What other mexicans are there out there...2 more would give us 3 full rounds! From memory 2005 was just Bruce vs FG, 2006 had 4 of us, if we get 8 this year we are doubling each year...at this rate we can catch those bloody Queenslanders!

AndyP
15th February 2007, 09:44 PM
whitey just joined up, Toolish. You could give him a try.
Should be some other new candidates too. Hopefully they see the thread.

edit: As I say that, I can see him reading this thread.

chiper
15th February 2007, 09:47 PM
I could be in.... subject to date and venue.

I need to redeem myself after my last dismal effort.

whitey
15th February 2007, 10:07 PM
yes ill be in but im shift worker so that sometimes makes it a little difficult

goughy
15th February 2007, 10:27 PM
The rounds can be arranged any time with the person you are playing against. They don't have to be specific times or courses. It can be jus tthe two of you on the day. So it does leave it more open to getting the games in.

Although I don't think it helped us Qld'ers much last year ;)

Bruce
16th February 2007, 08:39 AM
Ideally we would want the thing finished by end of October - or before the champs at least. We don't want to follow the Qld lead on having the thing hanging around for months.

At most we will have 3 rounds to fit in before October - we should be able to do that easily. And they are usually an excuse for us to get together as a group. More rounds mean more opportunities.

Toolish
16th February 2007, 11:15 AM
Well at the moment we have 8 starters, so will have at least 3 rounds. 1 more entry and we will be heading to a 4th round!

This is how I see it:

Seedings should be based on last years match play results, followed by POTY results

So, at this stage seedings would be as follows.

1. Toolish (Defending champ)
2. Chappy (Defending R/Up)
3. Bruce (Gets 3rd over FG due to a better POTY result last year)
4. FlowerGirl (Last of 4 who played last year, rest are in order from POTY)
5. Johnboy
6. Falcon
7. Chiper
8. Whitey

Will close entries by end of February. Final draw and round timing will be out soon after that.

At this stage, with 3 rounds would be

Round 1 Complete by end of May
Round 2 complete by end of July
Round 3 complete by end of September

If we get another round this timing will have to be shortened.

Any other entries or other input is welcome!

AndyP
16th February 2007, 11:26 AM
If you get nine or 10, you could split into small pools and do a round robin, then finals?

Toolish
21st February 2007, 09:27 PM
AP...always thought of matchplay events being knock out...2 pools of 4 could work!

Means each person would play 3 matches, then top person in each plays a final, or top 4 move to semi finals?

One week left for entries to finish up...anyone else keen to play?

AndyP
21st February 2007, 10:20 PM
You can decide, there's no set format. I just thought it would be a good excuse for you guys to play more games.

Flowergirl
22nd February 2007, 08:00 AM
Ok Bruce and Toolish. Start organising this. Bring it on boys. Bring it on:mrgreen:

chappy1970
26th February 2007, 02:14 PM
How are the organisers going with the 1st round matches?

Toolish
26th February 2007, 08:32 PM
Entries weren't meant to close until end of Month...however given that this thread has stopped here is the draw...

1. Toolish vs Whitey - Defending champ meets new kid on the block, I can almost hear the Rocky music...

2. FlowerGirl vs Johnboy - Household battle...sorry it fell this way guys!

3. Bruce vs Falcon - Matchplay official photographer vs Bridgestone boy...a great match up for sure.

4. Chappy vs Chiper - Battle of the ch's...runner-up last year does battle with newish member from Geelong...

2nd Round :
5. Winner of 1 vs Wnner of 2.
6. Winner of 3 vs Winner of 4.

Final :
Winner of 5 vs Winner of 6.

First round matches to be completed by end of May...let the sledging begin!!

chappy1970
26th February 2007, 08:54 PM
Chiper, you aint got nuthin chump

Toolish
26th February 2007, 08:57 PM
Whitey....check the sig, you're in my world now!

whitey
26th February 2007, 10:44 PM
ok toolish

Flowergirl
27th February 2007, 07:42 AM
Oh crap. I just told John that I have to play him and he told me he would withdraw any marital duties if I don't let him win. Does that mean I've got to take out the rubbish bins if I win????

So - do we want to combine these first round matches into a Vic Ozgolf Day???

chappy1970
27th February 2007, 07:50 AM
Oh crap. I just told John that I have to play him and he told me he would withdraw any marital duties if I don't let him win. Does that mean I've got to take out the rubbish bins if I win????

So - do we want to combine these first round matches into a Vic Ozgolf Day???

I think that would be a great idea FG,

Marital duties hey, you could do the same FG. It is only a small load, so he could probably do it by hand anyway.\!!!!!:razz:

Flowergirl
27th February 2007, 08:41 AM
Ok..........so where and when do we play. Falcon - how about hosting at your home track???????

chiper
27th February 2007, 05:22 PM
Chiper, you aint got nuthin chump

Bring it on Chappy… Just remember I’m the underdog with nothing to lose, (insert Rocky theme music here) :-D

BTW, 13th Beach sounds good?

Falcon
27th February 2007, 06:48 PM
I think we have a limit on the amount of guests. Plus i'm sick of playing at my home track.

I'll go anywhere else though.

chappy1970
28th February 2007, 07:56 AM
I think we have a limit on the amount of guests. Plus i'm sick of playing at my home track.

I'll go anywhere else though.

Hey Falcon, did you play in the Southern Open Amateur on the weekend? If you did how did you go, if you didn't but went for a look, who won?

If you didn't play and didn't go, how are you goin anyway!!!!!!:razz::razz::razz::razz:

Falcon
28th February 2007, 08:50 PM
Chappy,

Nah, i was thinking of playing.. but i had a few things on. I'm gonna try play in some other opens after pennant. Running second after the first 2 rounds in the club champs here. Two rounds to go this Sat\Sun.
I'll let you know how it pans out.

Oh, one other thing.. i was announced as senior pennant captain last week. ;) Not bad for a 25yo!

chappy1970
1st March 2007, 08:15 AM
"Chappy,

Nah, i was thinking of playing.. but i had a few things on. I'm gonna try play in some other opens after pennant. Running second after the first 2 rounds in the club champs here. Two rounds to go this Sat\Sun.
I'll let you know how it pans out.

Oh, one other thing.. i was announced as senior pennant captain last week. :wink: Not bad for a 25yo!"

Falcon big congrats on the Captaincy buddy and hit em well on the weekend. You can do it........

Bruce
1st March 2007, 09:31 AM
So what are folks doing on the Queen's Birthday weekend?

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6698

When do pennants start for you Falcon? I was planning on the Mirboo club champs throughout May. Maybe Chappy can host us on a neutral venue (and my personal putting paradise).

chappy1970
1st March 2007, 09:45 AM
Bruce I can most certainly ask the question of Southern, if we get an agreement on the day, unfortunately I can't make any guarantees. Will have to be Sunday for Southern to be a chance though.

Toolish
1st March 2007, 12:08 PM
hmmm...maybe I should not have entered...our pennant practise starts next weekend, and pennant does not finish until nearly end of May. Going to be working hard to squeeze a match in there assuming I get in the pennant side!

At the moment I have the following as possible dates until end of May:
Sunday April 1st.
One day over Easter 4 days is a possibility, probably unlikely though! I also could have Tuesday after Easter as a day off, which is a chance. Not being a weekend will limit attendance though I would imagine!
25th April - Anzac Day
Sunday 13th May.
Saturday 19th May
Possibly Sunday 27th May....is pennant final so depends how the season goes.

Whitey, what sort of shifts do you work, any of the above stand out as possible for you.

I am not too worried about venue at the moment. Depends who is going.

whitey
2nd March 2007, 04:57 PM
hi toolish april the 1st is good for me.the 19th of may am good and 27th of may also depending on how u go i wouldnt like to travel to geelong though. whitey

Falcon
2nd March 2007, 06:55 PM
VGA Pennant starts April 1st through to May 8th IF we make the semi's then May 15th if we get through to the final.

Any time after is sweet.

chappy1970
5th March 2007, 02:15 PM
Falcon how did you finish in the clubbies?

Grunt
5th March 2007, 02:19 PM
Falcon how did you finish in the clubbies?
He told me last night he won.:-D

Falcon
5th March 2007, 05:25 PM
Who told you!! :D

Chappy,

Finished with 75-74 (double on the 72nd) :p..Down by 4 at the start of round 3, won by 7.

Club Championship number 2:smt079

Grunt
5th March 2007, 05:34 PM

Chappy,

Finished with 75-74 (double on the 72nd) :p..Down by 4 at the start of round 3, won by 7.

You did in the chatroom last night, good work mate not many of us can say they are club champions.

Falcon
5th March 2007, 05:53 PM
Cheers Grunt!

Vic Amatuer, here I come!

chappy1970
5th March 2007, 06:34 PM

Chappy,

Awesome effort mate, well done:smt023:smt038. I pity the damn fool who has to play you first up in the Match Play.....err Sorry Bruce.

I'm heading to Patto River on Thursday for a golf day, what's the course like at the moment?

Chappy

Falcon
5th March 2007, 07:29 PM
Ahh, fairways are great. Pure couch, as for the greens.. well definately a point of contention i must say. They're struggling in the warm\humid conditions of late, but are just ok.

Bruce
5th March 2007, 07:33 PM
That's it! I'm not playing another comp round until after the match.

I'm gunna need every single shot I can get by the looks.

Congrats on the win though.

chappy1970
5th March 2007, 07:41 PM
Ahh, fairways are great. Pure couch, as for the greens.. well definately a point of contention i must say. They're struggling in the warm\humid conditions of late, but are just ok.

I played there last year for the first time in about 6 years and lost 2 or 3 balls off the tee due to hidden water.
I was playing off 11 last year, shot 10 over on the front nine and wasn't looking forward to the back, but I fired up and shot 1 over on the back to finish nett 72.

Lets hope I can reproduce the back and not the front nine this year.

Toolish
5th March 2007, 08:50 PM
Nice effort Falcon...seems kick off for matchplay will be in June if we want first round matches to be played at one time at one venue!

Flowergirl
5th March 2007, 08:56 PM
WEll done Falcon. You legend you!!!!!!!!!

chappy1970
30th March 2007, 01:03 PM
Is June the agreed month for 1st round matches?.....anyone..anyone...Bueller

Toolish
3rd May 2007, 07:20 PM
Nearly time to get this moving again!

I am free every Sunday in June except the long weekend. Anyone got ideas for venues, 13th Beach would be good for me, but happy to travel.

andigold
29th May 2007, 11:35 AM
Hi guys (& flower girls :) ) just joined the site and Andy P mentioned the champs. I'm obviously a bit late to join in but if there's a withdrawal I'd be happy to jump in and play.
Cheers Andrew

Flowergirl
29th May 2007, 11:59 AM
Glad this has been given a bump. Gee guys - do we want to be as slack as those NSWers. :evil: Ok - we all have to play our matches by the end of June. Ok!!!!!!!!! Flowergirl has spoken.:smt093

Toolish
29th May 2007, 05:31 PM
Been trying to PM Whitey for last few days to organise a weekend for us to play, but he normally plays mid week...so not sure what we are going to sort out there.

Flowergirl
29th May 2007, 06:11 PM
Been trying to PM Whitey for last few days to organise a weekend for us to play, but he normally plays mid week...so not sure what we are going to sort out there.

If Whitey hasn't responded by FRiday - then I think Andi could step in - if he wants. Flowergirl has spoken again.

Be graet if we could organise another day we can all get together. Plan it and they will come.:lol:

andigold
29th May 2007, 09:24 PM
If Whitey hasn't responded by FRiday - then I think Andi could step in - if he wants. Flowergirl has spoken again.

Be graet if we could organise another day we can all get together. Plan it and they will come.:lol:

I know that'll suit Andi :lol:

Toolish
4th June 2007, 01:48 PM
No news from Whitey, have sent another PM...how does everyone feel about following dates for a get together...

17 June
24th June
1st July

Venue.. no idea at moment.

Bruce
4th June 2007, 03:40 PM
Falcon and I are ready. Even without a big day out.

We were hoping either Chappy or perhaps new Andi might be able to host us at a neutral venue.

Flowergirl
5th June 2007, 09:54 AM
Any of those dates are fine. Come on guys - let's do it!!:smt038

andigold
5th June 2007, 04:39 PM
Falcon and I are ready. Even without a big day out.

We were hoping either Chappy or perhaps new Andi might be able to host us at a neutral venue.

I'd be happy to host a day at Spring Valley, but of those dates can only do the 1st July.

In the afternoon field (from 11.15) on a Sunday it's only $35 for guests.

Thoughts?

Toolish
5th June 2007, 05:41 PM
1st July @ Spring Valley works for me...given whitey's non response I guess it is you vs me andig...who else is in for that day?

Flowergirl
7th June 2007, 09:44 AM
Yep - I'm in.:smt038

1. Andigold
2. Toolish
3. Flowergirl

chappy1970
7th June 2007, 09:54 AM
1. Andigold
2. Toolish
3. Flowergirl
4. Chappy (Not sure about Chiper though), Andi I hope the wind isn't up that day!!!

andigold
7th June 2007, 10:51 AM
1. Andigold
2. Toolish
3. Flowergirl
4. Chappy (Not sure about Chiper though), Andi I hope the wind isn't up that day!!!

it's ok if it's a southerly, those Northerly's stink though.
:lol:

Bruce
7th June 2007, 12:18 PM
I will be far too hungover to play on 1 July. Have fun kids. Me and Falcon will get our act together shortly.

chiper
10th June 2007, 07:10 PM
Wind or no wind, Sundays suit me, but unable to confirm until we have a definate date.

Flowergirl
11th June 2007, 09:13 AM
Wind or no wind, Sundays suit me, but unable to confirm until we have a definate date.

July 1st.:mrgreen:

Toolish
12th June 2007, 10:04 AM
Andi..Out of interest, would we be part of the competition on the day?

andigold
12th June 2007, 01:12 PM
Andi..Out of interest, would we be part of the competition on the day?

Up to us, if we are playing true matchplay (conceded putts etc.) then we obviously can't put in a comp card. But if we play the comp of the day (Stableford) with the Matchplay as secondary comp just between us then that's fine.

What do you normally do?

Flowergirl
12th June 2007, 02:06 PM
Up to us, if we are playing true matchplay (conceded putts etc.) then we obviously can't put in a comp card. But if we play the comp of the day (Stableford) with the Matchplay as secondary comp just between us then that's fine.

What do you normally do?
Your call - you're the host:mrgreen:

chiper
21st June 2007, 07:27 PM
1st July, Ok im in.
Have not played for a while, looking forward to it.
Cheers
chiper

Toolish
21st June 2007, 08:22 PM
That makes 5...will that work for you Andi as far as getting us on?

FG is johnny boy in too, would get 3 of the first round matches done!

oz
21st June 2007, 09:42 PM
Sounds like fun. I'm a bit disappointed it is a weekend I can't do, though. Visitors and family commitments..... Maybe next time....

andigold
22nd June 2007, 04:22 PM
That makes 5...will that work for you Andi as far as getting us on?

FG is johnny boy in too, would get 3 of the first round matches done!

Shouldn't be a problem Toolish, the only concern is that it is the 1/4 finals of the Spring Valley Cup on the day and I'm still alive in the comp. We are playing last years runners up this week so I'm sure I'll be fine to play.
:( :D

andigold
24th June 2007, 04:51 PM
Shouldn't be a problem Toolish, the only concern is that it is the 1/4 finals of the Spring Valley Cup on the day and I'm still alive in the comp. We are playing last years runners up this week so I'm sure I'll be fine to play.
:( :D

Sorry guys but we won today. :)

I'm playing in the 1/4 final of the spring valley cup next sunday afternoon and won't be able to play in this event.

Do you want to re schedule or those that can play are still welcome to play at SV, I'll just be out.

Toolish
24th June 2007, 06:24 PM
Well done andig...as my main purpose for heading across was the matchplay we will have to look at resceduling our match at least.

chappy1970
25th June 2007, 11:30 AM
Reschedule works for me, 1st July out due to personal commitments.

Chappy

andigold
26th June 2007, 07:38 PM
So that's 3 for a re schedule, any more?

Flowergirl
27th June 2007, 08:00 AM
We'll have to make another date - soon.:wink:

andigold
1st July 2007, 07:13 PM
Well I'm out of the Spring Valley cup now 2 & 1 today. I'm unable to play next week but what about the 15th, 22nd or 29th of July? Let me know what works for you guys.
Cheers Andrew

Flowergirl
1st July 2007, 10:25 PM
Well I'm out of the Spring Valley cup now 2 & 1 today. I'm unable to play next week but what about the 15th, 22nd or 29th of July? Let me know what works for you guys.
Cheers Andrew

29th is no good for me. 15th or 22nd is ok.:smt023

By the way - first round winner of Flowergirl v Johnny Boy - Johnny Boy won 1 up.;)

Toolish
2nd July 2007, 07:04 AM
22nd is out for me...

Should we pencil in the 15th?

Flowergirl
2nd July 2007, 07:47 AM
22nd is out for me...

Should we pencil in the 15th?

Lets write it in blood. :mrgreen: Sounds good to me.

andigold
5th July 2007, 05:58 PM
So who else is in for the 15th? So far we've got -

andigold
Toolish
Flowergirl

chappy1970
10th July 2007, 12:27 PM
I'd love to but, as chance would have it , it's swap day between Southern, Spring Valley and Kingswood. And by sheer coincidence I will be playing Spring Valley this Saturday.

So Chiper and I will have to play our match another day.

Chappy

Flowergirl
11th July 2007, 01:36 PM
Ok. So is this happening? I have an invite to play elsewhere on Sunday but my first committment is to this? Are we in?

dc68
11th July 2007, 01:52 PM
There is another thread in 1st Tee Reenie.

Toolish
16th July 2007, 09:27 AM
Updated results on first post.

Falcon and Bruce are lined up to play their match shortly, Only need chappy and chiper to get organised and round 1 matches will be complete.

In the meantime I have johnboy in the next round, how does August 26th sound, that is the next free Sunday I have...or if you are free on the 20th of August we could have a hit then as I have an RDO.

Flowergirl
16th July 2007, 02:06 PM
Updated results on first post.

Falcon and Bruce are lined up to play their match shortly, Only need chappy and chiper to get organised and round 1 matches will be complete.

In the meantime I have johnboy in the next round, how does August 26th sound, that is the next free Sunday I have...or if you are free on the 20th of August we could have a hit then as I have an RDO.
Have to check with John. But can't see any problems at this stage.

Toolish
16th July 2007, 02:52 PM
For the sunday FG, or the Monday... I know how much of a fan you are with weekday golf!

chappy1970
16th July 2007, 05:54 PM
Chiper,
Let me know your availability.

Bruce/Falcon what have you organised?

Flowergirl
17th July 2007, 07:48 AM
Sorry Brendan. For the Sunday. :mrgreen:

Toolish
17th July 2007, 09:03 PM
FG...that should work...just need to sort out a course, will leave that for closer to the date though.

chappy1970
23rd July 2007, 12:43 PM
Chiper I was hoping to get our match out of the way soon, are you able to make Sunday the 5th of Aug at Southern for a late morning-early afternoon game.

If you would prefer to have the match at a neutral venue thats cool, just let me know where.

That will leave at least 2 spots open for any other Vic's. If Falcon is interested we might even be able to get a second 4 ball organised as he is in sweet with one of the blokes in the Pro Shop.

Let me know your thoughts

Chappy

Bruce
23rd July 2007, 01:06 PM
Might be a good day for the Falcon and I to get our game done.

chappy1970
23rd July 2007, 01:15 PM
Happy to host a few if they are interested.

You may draw a crowd as well Bruce, a few might gather and watch on in amazement as you continue to take the greens apart.

(Nuff pressure for you Bruce)

chappy1970
24th July 2007, 07:59 AM
Bump for the Vics to get on board

Flowergirl
24th July 2007, 08:10 AM
Not for me or John. Family committments this weekend.

Toolish
24th July 2007, 11:24 AM
I'm out...have already commited to the better half for that weekend to be golf free...have a good one though gents!

chappy1970
24th July 2007, 12:16 PM
Not for me or John. Family committments this weekend.

FG its the week after??

chiper
24th July 2007, 05:07 PM
Sorry Chappy, the 5th is no good for me... my Sons Birthday.

chappy1970
26th July 2007, 08:21 AM
Bruce, Falcon.....I'm assuming by the deafening silence that I don't need to book a 4 ball in for Sunday week.

Can you let Chiper and myself know when you are scheduled to play your match as we might be able to complete our match at the same time.

Chappy

Flowergirl
26th July 2007, 09:28 AM
Never was good with calendars.:oops:

Toolish
26th July 2007, 11:11 AM
Bruce, Falcon.....I'm assuming by the deafening silence that I don't need to book a 4 ball in for Sunday week.

Can you let Chiper and myself know when you are scheduled to play your match as we might be able to complete our match at the same time.

Chappy

If you cant get it sorted you guys are more than welcome to tag into the match between myself and Mr FG. Still need to sort out a venue for that one, depends who is willing to travel etc I was thinking 13th Beach might be a goer.

Falcon
26th July 2007, 03:24 PM
Im back guys, moved to closer to the city and finally got the broadband up and running. I'm willing to go anywhere, Sundays are excellent for me.

chiper
26th July 2007, 10:20 PM
The 12th or 19th of August suits me, 13th Beach would be a good venue…never played there before.

Flowergirl
27th July 2007, 07:40 AM
19th is out for us. But 13th bBeach on the 12th would be fine. Just got to get a cart for me - stress fracture in the foot. Gee it's great being 50!!!!!!!!!

Bruce
27th July 2007, 11:02 AM
Im back guys, moved to closer to the city and finally got the broadband up and running. I'm willing to go anywhere, Sundays are excellent for me.

Finally!!

So does the 13th beach idea sound good mate? or do you want to hook up with Chappy at Southern?

Toolish
27th July 2007, 11:06 AM
I can't play the 12th. The 19th or 26th would work for me though.

Falcon
27th July 2007, 09:04 PM
Finally!!

So does the 13th beach idea sound good mate? or do you want to hook up with Chappy at Southern?

13th Beach sounds good, but is a LONG way from here. I'd have to pick Southern if i had to chose one over the other.

Flowergirl
28th July 2007, 08:05 AM
13th Beach sounds good, but is a LONG way from here. I'd have to pick Southern if i had to chose one over the other.
Try getting there from Rosebud. Oh - I suppose the ferry is the best option. The 19th is out for us.

Toolish
28th July 2007, 07:25 PM
Chiper, Ona and myself came over to the Dunes last year and I headed to Spring Valley this year...Ozgolf is all about travel, but open to options still.

FG, I assume John is still right for the 26th, so we will go with that date and sort a venue, bit hard to get one half way, although Bruce did suggest the course near the Westgate as one worth playing.

If the others want to tag along that is up to them.

chappy1970
29th July 2007, 12:40 PM
Happy to go to 13th beach on the 26th

Chappy

Flowergirl
29th July 2007, 05:17 PM
Yep - the 26th is fine with us - and yes at 13th beach. Our turn to travel - I agree. You're a big soook Falcon:mrgreen:

chiper
31st July 2007, 03:07 PM
Sorry guys, but the 26th is a no go for me,
Im happy to sit this one out, as it seems to be the only date available that suits the majority.
cheers
Chiper

chappy1970
31st July 2007, 05:16 PM
Well Chiper can you suggest another date

chiper
3rd August 2007, 06:11 PM
Well Chiper can you suggest another date

The 19th is ok for me.

chappy1970
6th August 2007, 01:19 PM
19th no go for me mate....

Toolish
15th August 2007, 10:11 PM
Flower, looks like it is you me and john for the 26th, unless you want to delay it until others are available.

If you are up for the 26th what time suits you as we had better look at booking in I guess? Any others keen on the 26th?

Flowergirl
16th August 2007, 10:11 AM
Flower, looks like it is you me and john for the 26th, unless you want to delay it until others are available.

If you are up for the 26th what time suits you as we had better look at booking in I guess? Any others keen on the 26th?

We might take a rain check if that is ok with you. John and I have been away the last 4 weekends out of 5 so it would be nice to stay home. We'll wait until we can get some committment happening with all the Vics.
Hope that this is ok with you.:smt023

Toolish
16th August 2007, 10:36 AM
no problem...

I am free on the 2nd September or the possibly the 23rd of September...those dates work for anybody?

Flowergirl
17th August 2007, 01:20 PM
The 2nd is in - 22nd is out.

Toolish
26th August 2007, 10:24 PM
Sorry FG, 2nd is now out. Fiance has to go in for a minor operation on Thursday so weekend will be spent looking after her.

This years matchplay is becoming tough to get through!

Toolish
8th October 2007, 08:38 PM
ok...has anyone else played their games yet? Into October now and first round still not complete?

Bruce
8th October 2007, 09:04 PM
Any day now Falcon and I will be scheduling something. Really.

Courty
10th December 2007, 08:25 AM
This done yet? :roll:

Toolish
10th December 2007, 08:31 AM
Nope...it's dead.

I sent a few PM's, tried to get things going, but nothing happened. My efforts as an organiser obviously weren't quite there.

Not sure if it is worth attempting to fire one up for next year or not...

Courty
10th December 2007, 08:33 AM
I think with the influx of some new Vic members lately it might be worth trying again... I mainly asked as I'm updating the Honour Board.

Toolish
10th December 2007, 09:19 AM
Can we have a tie...only 2 of us actually got to the 2nd round, is that close enough!

AndyP
10th December 2007, 09:24 AM
It's tougher for you guys, as you have those big distances to travel, plus the course availability is more limited.

It seemed to work well the year before when you got a few matches done at the one venue on the same day.

Flowergirl
10th December 2007, 01:44 PM
We will try again for next year. Don't give up too easily Toolish. This year has been a tough one for us organising things. John has had lots of staff stuff ups at work and I've had a few health issues and neither of us have played a lot of golf.
Next year will be better - I promise.;)

chappy1970
14th December 2007, 09:57 AM
I must accept some responsibility as well with my inability to attend scheduled days. I will most definitely make myself available next year.:oops:

Chappy