PDA

View Full Version : Week comencing 29th January

goughy
30th January 2007, 10:04 PM
I won! I won! First post anyways.

Since wynnum is only 1.5 weeks away I thought I might need some practice.

9 holes, 5 over par. Happy enough with the score. Telling stats - 0/6 fairways, 1/9 GIR. This is the sort of play that could really peeve a matchplay opponent; if of course they aren't beating you :)

Grunt
1st February 2007, 05:02 PM
Played Kooindah Waters this afternoon, pretty good round
88 Gross
70 Nett (2 Under)
6 Fairways
32 putts
2 GIR
4/6 Up & Downs
0/6 Sand Saves

Was a weird round for the first time in ages I just jotted the score on the card and went to the next tee. After 9 I never added it up and did not actually add the score up until I got home. I was surprised I did not feel I played that well, but 2 under nett is great :p

BrisWesty
2nd February 2007, 07:53 AM
Nice work Grunt and Goughy.

Grunt, sometimes it's less of a stress not knowing whether you're over or under the card.

Goughy, you either putted well, or chipped well. You're right, missing greens and getting up and down easily really peeves your opponent. (That means you DC68!)

Iain
2nd February 2007, 02:25 PM
Played on Monday at a work day, 2 man ambrose at Caboolture. Played very well, very solid just about everywhere. My partner and I ended up with a 62 off the stick (57 1/4 nett), with 1 bogie. Still left a couple of shots out there though!! We just happened to make quite a few putts and a chip in.

Course was in good nick, greens played quite true and fairways were nice.

BrisVegas
2nd February 2007, 02:41 PM
Nice going Iain! Ambrose's are all about making putts eh.

Grunt
2nd February 2007, 03:18 PM
Played Oatlands this morning.

Had a pretty good round:)
38 points
1 Birdie
6 pars
32 putts
9 Fairways
5 GIR
2/10 Up & Down
1/3 Sand Saves

Monthly Medal tomorrow so hopefully the form will continue.

Grunt
2nd February 2007, 04:45 PM

38 points
1 Birdie
6 pars
32 putts
9 Fairways
5 GIR
2/10 Up & Down
1/3 Sand Saves

Woo Hoo lowest handicap EVER!!! 17.0 :razz:

3oneday
2nd February 2007, 05:05 PM
38 points
1 Birdie
6 pars
32 putts
9 Fairways
5 GIR
2/10 Up & Down
1/3 Sand Savescomparison......

37 points
1 birdie
10 pars
29 putts
6 greens

I don't worry about fairways, U & D and SS sorry, too hard.

Grunt
2nd February 2007, 05:09 PM
Well played pete, What are you off nowadays? Is it still 3oneday or 3never?

AndyP
2nd February 2007, 05:29 PM
Well played pete, What are you off nowadays? Is it still 3oneday or 3never?
Wow! A compliment followed by a swipe. Nasty!

Woo Hoo lowest handicap EVER!!! 17.0 :razz:
Congrats Grunt. I would have thought you would have it a lot lower by now though.......

Grunt
2nd February 2007, 05:40 PM
Congrats Grunt. I would have thought you would have it a lot lower by now though.......
Thanks AndyP
It would have been if it not for the period where I could barely hit the ball. I consistently played games where I parred/birdied holes then lost the plot totally and could barely hit it.

just
2nd February 2007, 05:45 PM
...and it flies right over his head, like the 737's he services, or else he knows how to play a very very very straight bat.

AndyP
2nd February 2007, 05:48 PM
Thanks just. I didn't think it was that subtle.

How's your game going BTW? Still sticking to the range mostly?

Grunt
2nd February 2007, 05:48 PM
...and it flies right over his head, like the 737's he services, or else he knows how to play a very very very straight bat.

I don't work on Bug Smashers 767 or bigger!!!

Grunt
2nd February 2007, 05:49 PM

I knew what you were on about I just decided to ignore it and tell you a little story.

just
2nd February 2007, 05:57 PM

How's your game going BTW? Still sticking to the range mostly?

It's awful, thanks for asking. I had a great game at the Cut before Xmas where I scored 18 over par from the tips and since then everything has gone downhill. I am hitting everything left as a standard shot and I can't hit anything off the tee. I am going to start lessons again soon with someone Jarro has recommended:shock: at Nudgee. But it gets me out of the house so its all good. I will be trying to play and get lessons at least every fortnight this year in the hopes of improving.

Jarro
2nd February 2007, 06:04 PM
I am going to start lessons again soon with someone Jarro has recommended:shock: at Nudgee.

Just, Gary is based at the range almost exclusively now ... you shouldn't have much trouble finding him ;)

Good luck

3oneday
2nd February 2007, 06:15 PM
Well played pete, What are you off nowadays? Is it still 3oneday or 3never?I guess it shows I hit it like a 17 marker hey ;)

Grunt
2nd February 2007, 06:18 PM
LOL I guess so.

Fishman Dan
2nd February 2007, 08:05 PM
I don't worry about fairways, U & D and SS sorry, too hard.

Counting to 3?!

3oneday
2nd February 2007, 08:06 PM
Counting to 3?!oneday ;)

PeteyD
3rd February 2007, 01:22 PM
Meddal and rnd 2 of the Summer Cup. Played OK, had 101 for 74 nett, nett 147 for the summer cup, and probably not good enough to qualify for matchplay.

9/14 fairways, 3 GIR and 2 birdies (First in comp at Reddy for me). But my bad holes today were bad. Including 2 strokes for playing the wrong ball :( and a couple of water hazard penaties. Shining light was putting the 3 wood to 20cm on the 13th, which will hopefully win NTP and the club pin.

Grunt
3rd February 2007, 01:27 PM
Played Medal this morning and played well for all bar 3 holes
92 Gross
75 Nett
8 Fairways
2 GIR
32 putts
2/8 Up & downs
0/2 Sand Saves
2 penalty shots
2 pars
1 Birdie.

Hopefully the bad shots were all played today. I felt like I shot 150.

BrisVegas
3rd February 2007, 01:50 PM
Single Stab at Brookwater, tees were back to normal and back near the plates on a few holes.

80 gross for 35 points.
9 fairways
9 GIR
33 putts

I was battling the straight left pull shot, despite hitting the ball ok. New irons were solid, no surprises there thankfully. Fairways and greens were aggressively cored on Monday and were still pretty average. Greens were pretty fuzzy and I left a lot of putts short. Hopefully it's better next Saturday.

Grunt
3rd February 2007, 01:59 PM

38 points
1 Birdie
6 pars
32 putts
9 Fairways
5 GIR
2/10 Up & Down
1/3 Sand Saves

Woo Hoo
Won the 2 ball
$50 voucher coming my way :)

AndyP
3rd February 2007, 03:43 PM
03/02/2007, Hills International GC, Blue Marker Monthly Medal.

9/14 effective T-shots.
5/18 effective approaches.
1/9 up and down successes.
34 putts.
----------------
1 birdie.
5 pars.
8 bogeys.
2 doubles.
2 other.
Score 46-43-89 nett 78 (Par 36-36-72 ACR 77)

If the CCR is the ACR, then I played around my handicap, which is what it felt like. I was hitting the driver very well, with just a couple of bad hits near the end of the round. I think when I try to hit it a little harder, the reg shaft sends it left??? The T-shot stat would be better if my perfectly hit drives down the centre didn't kick off into the rough too.......

Irons were nothing special, but I really need to be getting my chips closer when I do miss the green. Some were pretty tough off the bare lies, but I kept leaving the straight forward ones short. It might be just an adjustment to using the 52* greenside instead of the 50*. Using the 48* at one stage seemed to get it a bit closer. Lipping putts doesn't help putting or up and down stats either.

If I can hit the driver next week, like I did today, it will make things a lot easier around a short course like Wynnum.

Next round: 11/2, Wynnum Cup.

Courty
3rd February 2007, 05:21 PM
Slopped about in the mud & rain from today's Monthly Medal. I think there were around a dozen plugged balls lost in our group alone. Many of them in the fairway.. I splashed my way to a water-logged 87 (79). Nothing much else to tell... did I mention it was wet?

BrisWesty
3rd February 2007, 06:08 PM
Not medal today at Caboolture.

39 points - 81 off the stick
28 putts (only 10 putts on the first 9 including a chip in).
10/13 fairways - stopped trying to hammer my drives.
5 GIRs
9 pars
1/2 sand saves

Only a ball in the run down. I'd suggest it's "goodbye B-Grade" though.

oz
3rd February 2007, 06:25 PM
Medal today at Thurgoona. Swung it poorly, but didn't pay much of a price until 16, where I made double, and 18, where I made triple. Finished with an 80 (nett 74), which was probably all it deserved.

Fishman Dan
3rd February 2007, 06:48 PM
Medal Day for a nett 3-under.

Started well and maintained it, never in trouble but was 2 shots up after 3 holes and never got any worse than that, but never any better than 3 shots.

Driver was great, but got caught out a couple of times putting the ball near over-hanging branches that made the next shot awkward.

The only stat of note was 30 putts (no 3-jerks) without sinking anything outside about a foot. All first putts (including from off the green) were thereabouts, but never in the bottom of the cup.

Jarro
3rd February 2007, 07:24 PM
The only stat of note was 30 putts (no 3-jerks) without sinking anything outside about a foot.

Exactly how far outside 1 foot were some of these misses mate :shock:

PeteyD
3rd February 2007, 07:24 PM
Woohoo my 20cm held on for Club Pin. Blokes who played with me must be happy!

Jarro
3rd February 2007, 07:30 PM
Nice going Pete, that's a great shot on that hole 8)

PeteyD
3rd February 2007, 08:00 PM
Gotta get lucky sometime Mark. Constant ribbing about leaving it 20cm short was worth it!

peter_rs
3rd February 2007, 08:04 PM
Medal at river lakes

nett 71.

played ok. still looking for a fairway wood. the reshafted steelhead didn't work. The driver (only used twice) and irons were ok I'm liking the new grips and the putter is working well, but still had 2x3putts due to poor irons then the putter.

I'm loving long irons.

peter_rs
3rd February 2007, 08:06 PM
good shooting boys.

shazza_rs
3rd February 2007, 09:00 PM
Monthly Medal.... Riverlakes

Had a 86/71...... 3 jabbed the 9th and 18th holes... putted great appart from that.

Highlight of the round - chipping in on the 16th from the front bunker for a birdie.

jimandr
4th February 2007, 07:34 PM
I've heard it said that your last four holes often correct your game to the score you deserve. This was proven to be true today. I wasn't striking it well, but stayed out of trouble to be 4 over after 14. A major choke for 5 over the last 4 holes, and hey presto, 9 over for 35 points. I was very disappointed at the time.

Fairways = 9 of 14
Greens in reg = 6 of 18
Putts = 32, no birdies, 1 threeputt
Up & Down = 4 of 9
Sand Saves = 1 of 1
2 penalty shots.

reg320
4th February 2007, 08:18 PM
Played single stroke at Brisbane this morning -76/69 which I was happy with except for the 32 putts! couldn't find a way for the ball to fall into the hole...

BrisVegas
4th February 2007, 08:36 PM
great shooting reg320! Nice debut for the new blades!

PeteyD
5th February 2007, 01:32 PM
I qualified for the Salties cup so Iget a warmup match play game on Saturday before wiping the floor with the Tezza.

dc68
5th February 2007, 03:29 PM
9 holes, 5 over par. Happy enough with the score. Telling stats - 0/6 fairways, 1/9 GIR. This is the sort of play that could really peeve a matchplay opponent; if of course they aren't beating you :)

It certainly would

Goughy, you either putted well, or chipped well. You're right, missing greens and getting up and down easily really peeves your opponent. (That means you DC68!)

Thanks Westy I am well aware.