PDA

View Full Version : NSW Matchplay 1st round

Grunt
28th January 2007, 07:25 AM
Hi Everyone

We have talked about trying to hold the 1st round matches at a common venue for those that can play their matches.
How would trying to find a venue for it to be held on Feb 24 sound?
Those not playing the matchplay could also play. Camden Lakeside & Riverside Oaks were mentioned, any other ideas of where and when to play.
Don't worry if this does not fit everyone, those that can't play will just have to find a venue and place that fits and play it.

zipptopp
28th January 2007, 01:28 PM
Grunt

The dates fine by me as are either of your suggested venues. Just a thought about weather though. If it's still hot in late February maybe something a little closer to the coast might have more pleasant playing conditions.

Jono
28th January 2007, 02:45 PM
I'm OK for that date also. Either RO or CL is fine by me. 8)

Grunt
28th January 2007, 03:04 PM
Alrighty then lets see how many others are interested as it looks like one match is a yes. Trung you keen?

Jono V Zipptopp

TS
28th January 2007, 03:08 PM
I am playing at The Dunes that day, don't think Fish want to play me there.

Grunt
28th January 2007, 04:56 PM
ok 1/8 games can't be played @ Camden Lakeside on the above date. I will contact the course this week to see what sort of deal we can get. Preference for Matchplay games but if we can't we could always have a good NSW OzGolf turnout for a game.

amanda
29th January 2007, 09:30 AM
Grant - Brad and I are happy to play our match on that date.

burger
29th January 2007, 09:50 AM
I cant do Sat's unless we kick off at about 7am, due to a course running on Sat's from 10/2 to 31/3 or 7/4 which start at 2pm

Grunt
29th January 2007, 11:28 AM
I cant do Sat's unless we kick off at about 7am, due to a course running on Sat's from 10/2 to 31/3 or 7/4 which start at 2pm

No Worries Burger I am pretty sure that Most Sat's are out for Andrew too. Will be up to you guys to find a date suitable to both players.

Grunt
1st February 2007, 07:40 PM
Grunt
Just a thought about weather though. If it's still hot in late February maybe something a little closer to the coast might have more pleasant playing conditions.

Course option is open to any ideas. Just has to be somewhere we can all get on. Are we all AGU Handicap holders? if so we have quite a few options for Sunday as alot of clubs have their Sunday comps as open Days.

AndyP
1st February 2007, 08:16 PM
Are we all AGU Handicap holders?
McCoy doesn't have one, but he was going to. So his match may have to be delayed?

Grunt
1st February 2007, 08:22 PM
McCoy doesn't have one, but he was going to. So his match may have to be delayed?
Guess it was good he drew a bye in the 1st round then hey. Another vote for the random Draw.

Grunt
6th February 2007, 03:48 PM
Well rang Camden Lakeside today and unless we get more than 16 starters they want $88 per player. Too much in my opinion.

Fishman Dan
6th February 2007, 04:06 PM
If we had managed to get 16 before the draw (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=138661&postcount=71)

McCoy
6th February 2007, 09:56 PM

McCoy has the 5 cards submitted at RAE so I'll have it in time to take out Bye and make it through to the next round. Putting will be the key :smt002

Go the Hawks!

McCoy
6th February 2007, 09:57 PM
Well rang Camden Lakeside today and unless we get more than 16 starters they want $88 per player. Too much in my opinion.

Well understated.

zipptopp
9th February 2007, 06:21 PM
Just a bump

Are we any closer finding an venue that reasonably priced ? I will be away on business the full week preceding our scheduled game date and won't be back till late Friday night.

Maybe Sunday the 25th might be easier to find an open event at some club than Saturday 24th. I don't like suggesting a date change after I agreed to the 24th but I suppose it's all about a reasonably priced venue.

Grunt
9th February 2007, 07:00 PM
Might have to forget the whole idea of a group game as the days are hard to get all to attend and the fact that the course that are available are quite expensive. Might be easier for each of us to organise games then see if others can attend.

3oneday
9th February 2007, 09:42 PM
Oh, hasn't this been played yet ??

:lol:

Jarro
10th February 2007, 07:03 AM
Oh, hasn't this been played yet ??

:lol:

When are you playing toss ??

Grunt
10th February 2007, 12:08 PM
When are you playing toss ??
he Decided not to play in it.

zipptopp
10th February 2007, 12:54 PM
Grant
It seems we are running two threads about this event. Maybe we need an executive decision about which one to use.
I am happy to arrange my game with Jono and if Amanda and Brad are available we will make it a foursome.

Grunt
10th February 2007, 01:03 PM
Not running 2 threads at all, this thread was for everyone to organise their 1st round matches. The other thread was for results to be posted so we can keep the other thread running well without the posts like this.

zipptopp
10th February 2007, 01:25 PM
O.K. that's cool. I'll agree to use the correct thread in future.

Grunt
10th February 2007, 01:29 PM
No worries Zipp, would have loved to be able to hold a 1st round meeting like our QLD OzGolfer but that was not able to be done this year.

Jono
10th February 2007, 11:04 PM
So are we abandoning the idea of a 1st round Ozgolf day because not enough people can make it that day? Or is it because the venue is too expensive?

If it's the former, then so be it. But if it's the latter, do we all feel that way? I agree that paying $88 for a round is a lot, but it's not something we do every weekend. We haven't had a large NSW Ozgolf day for a while and we can use this opportunity to invite new people, etc. I met some top blokes from the "other" forum when they held a game at Eastlake in January, so I can invite a few of them along as well.

What do you think? Is $88 really too much to pay for a great day out? :-D

Jono
10th February 2007, 11:05 PM
he Decided not to play in it.

It's the PTSD ... ;)

amanda
11th February 2007, 06:27 AM
Jono - $88 is fine with me (us) - just let us know what date and we'll be there - zipptopp said something about the 24th or 25th which is cool. :)

Grunt
11th February 2007, 06:44 AM
So are we abandoning the idea of a 1st round Ozgolf day because not enough people can make it that day? Or is it because the venue is too expensive?

If it's the former, then so be it. But if it's the latter, do we all feel that way? I agree that paying $88 for a round is a lot, but it's not something we do every weekend. We haven't had a large NSW Ozgolf day for a while and we can use this opportunity to invite new people, etc. I met some top blokes from the "other" forum when they held a game at Eastlake in January, so I can invite a few of them along as well.

What do you think? Is $88 really too much to pay for a great day out? :-D

It was both Jono, I drive past Camden Lakeside regularly and it is not in the best condition due to the Drought so I feel $88 there is a waste of money. Camden Lakeside wanted me to pay for the day beforehand, I was not going to do that when there is history of no shows and people dropping out at hte last minute.
In respect to the other reason, we only had 1 group confirmed.

Grunt
11th February 2007, 06:48 AM
Are there other places that people could suggest for this then? Or do you guys just want to play Lakeside?

burger
11th February 2007, 10:24 AM
Riverside Oaks was in good condition when I played on 28 Dec and they will have kept it that way for the PGA. Its always good nick out there, I think they pump water up from the Hawkesbury river.

stu

Jono
12th February 2007, 05:59 AM
I like the idea of Riverside Oaks. However, if it's too far for most people, Camden Lakeside is good also.

Has someone rung RO? Burger, do you mind giving them a bell?

I'll call a couple of guys from ISG and see if they are interested in coming along.

amanda
12th February 2007, 07:52 AM
Jono - zipptopp PMd me and said he'd make a call to RO - not sure when though.

Virgal_Tracy
12th February 2007, 07:57 AM
I'm up for RO but can't do it on the 24/25.

If another date suits everyone then I am in. If not good luck to everyone.

zipptopp
12th February 2007, 12:02 PM
I spoke to Riverside Oaks today, I was offered a group of 4 at 11:50am om Saturday February 24th. I have made a booking.
If people want to join us on this day they can try to get a booking after us. As they take your credit card number for security I am not prepared to put up my money for anyone other than our group.
I'll be away all next week so I would like to have this all tied down by this Friday.

Grunt
12th February 2007, 12:04 PM
How much is it?

zipptopp
12th February 2007, 12:10 PM
$92 per person on weekends, as per their website

Grunt
12th February 2007, 12:14 PM
Too much for this black duck, have fun everyone.

amanda
12th February 2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks geoff - brad and I will be there! :)

Fishman Dan
12th February 2007, 12:53 PM
Too much for this black duck, have fun everyone.

Weren't you going to pay $4 less for Camden Lakeside?

Grunt
12th February 2007, 01:17 PM
No i was not going to pay $88 at Camden Lakeside, I was interested if we could get on for around $60.

amanda
19th February 2007, 09:32 AM
I spoke to Riverside Oaks today, I was offered a group of 4 at 11:50am om Saturday February 24th. I have made a booking.

Hey everyone - from the south-west of Sydney - how long should it take us to get to Riverside Oaks (as I hear it's in the boonies)?

Fishman Dan
19th February 2007, 09:52 AM
Give yourself a little over an hour I reckon, although the motorways will have made the travel time shorter. Allow yourself to get lost atleast once out near Cattai/Pitt Town though ;)

Grunt
19th February 2007, 09:56 AM
I was thinking it would be an hour and a half from my place here at Liverpool.

Trung
19th February 2007, 10:23 AM
Amanda, it's 1h15" from my house if you leave at 6am..

You will need 1h35" from your house at around 9.30am.

Grunt
19th February 2007, 10:27 AM
Where and when are we going top play our match Trung?

Fishman Dan
19th February 2007, 10:28 AM
To refresh - is this Saturday 24th?

Greens are being worked on at Gordon as I speak. Although TS isn't coming it might be worthwhile making the trip. How many are booked in the 2nd group?

Trung
19th February 2007, 11:47 AM
Where and when are we going top play our match Trung?

Please let me know which Grunt (Real or Current) I'm up against? :mrgreen:

I'm not keen with Mac Grange.

I'm open to any course during the week. I can always invite you to Carnarvon, but that would be unfair on you.

Grunt
19th February 2007, 11:49 AM
will sort out a mid week venue then. Tee time around 12 suit you?

amanda
19th February 2007, 01:29 PM
I was thinking it would be an hour and a half from my place here at Liverpool.

You will need 1h35" from your house at around 9.30am.

So what's the best way to get there - M4/M2? M5/M7/M2?

AndyP
19th February 2007, 01:46 PM
That's confusing.

M4/M2 = 2
M5/M7/M2 = 5/M14

Fishman Dan
19th February 2007, 01:47 PM
That's how the tolls are worked out AP.

Grunt
19th February 2007, 02:54 PM
Probably M5, then M7 and then Richmond Road. Others may think another way is easier.

TS
19th February 2007, 02:55 PM
Probably M5, then M7 and then Richmond Road. Others may think another way is easier.

Is it Richmond Rd or is Windsor Rd closer to RSO?

Grunt
19th February 2007, 02:58 PM
I was thinking of getting on Richmond Road @ Blacktown then across to Windsor Road after you pass the point of not having to pay a toll. Just thought that way would be a little easier.

3oneday
19th February 2007, 03:31 PM
M5 then M7 through to Windsor Rd would be easiest/fastest/most direct for the uninitiated.

Trung
19th February 2007, 04:09 PM

M4 to Cumberland Hwy.

Cumberland Hwy to Old Windsor Road.

All the way till you you see a sign to turn right for Cattai.

amanda
19th February 2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks everyone!

Grunt
21st February 2007, 05:29 PM
Hi NSW OzGolfers
To help AndyP corilate results for OzGolfer of the year Money can you start a thread for each match?
Just will make his job easier when the starter of the thread posts results in the 1st post.

Fishman Dan
21st February 2007, 05:37 PM
Grant - we can crown you NSW OzGolfer of the year now if you want.

Grunt
21st February 2007, 05:40 PM
Grant - we can crown you NSW OzGolfer of the year now if you want.
No Chance mate I cant play enough games to come last in and catch the QLD'ers who actually get players to turn up and commit to games.

Jono
21st February 2007, 06:23 PM
No Chance mate I cant play enough games to come last in and catch the QLD'ers who actually get players to turn up and commit to games.

Self deprication? Sarcasm?

:confused:

AndyP
21st February 2007, 06:56 PM
Hi NSW OzGolfers
To help AndyP corilate results for OzGolfer of the year Money can you start a thread for each match?
Just will make his job easier when the starter of the thread posts results in the 1st post.
Only if they are separate days and they actually have results. I'll cope.

Fishman Dan
23rd February 2007, 08:21 AM
Self deprication? Sarcasm?

:confused:

My point being was that by and large there's only really 1 source of NSW games posted in here.

Don't they have to a be minimum of 4 players?

3oneday
23rd February 2007, 09:42 AM
Don't they have to a be minimum of 4 players?no, I asked that once before. As long as it is an open invitation on here and more than 1 player (:lol: I assume) then it fits the bill.