PDA

View Full Version : WTB Wedge or Wedges.

Johnny Canuck
24th January 2007, 11:23 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a few options I am considering at this point. I am currently playing 56/10 and 60/04 Vokeys and have no grooves left. I am either going to buy a 56 and a 60, a 58 to split the difference, or else try out one of those re-grooving tools that was recently posted.

I am just curious what is available out there still. I see there are a lot of posts over the past few months about wedges for sale and just want to know what is left, and for how much.

I would love to buy new, but I just got married and have recently received permanent residency status, so moving countries and tying the knot has left me a little thin in the wallet.

Cheers in advance,
JC

3oneday
25th January 2007, 07:24 AM
I have some Mizuno RAW Black wedges in 56/11 and 60/06. They are new, PM me with your budget.

Costs a bit to send to WA which is the only prob I guess ;)

Pete

peter_rs
25th January 2007, 08:15 AM
Johnny.

Do you have that replacement driver yet?

Stay with two wedges.... you need it at KB

Have a look at stoney's post in the pro shop. He has some titty wedges

You could also try 3balls on ebay. 4 & 5 out of 7 condition wedges still have a lot of life. I got some CG10's and titty SM for $75 (AU) shipped

BrisVegas
25th January 2007, 09:28 AM
JC - stoney's 48, 56 & 60 Vokey SM's are mint. He doesn't play golf anymore.

Iain
25th January 2007, 09:56 AM
He doesn't play golf anymore.

He doesn't???!! Why?? :-s

AndyP
25th January 2007, 09:58 AM
He's too busy with all of the rugrats.

Iain
25th January 2007, 10:04 AM
He's too busy with all of the rugrats.

Thought it might've been that.....

BrisVegas
25th January 2007, 10:05 AM
yep, 4 kids 4yo and under.

3oneday
25th January 2007, 10:31 AM
yep, 4 kids 4yo and under.yep, that'll do it :(

Johnny Canuck
25th January 2007, 10:38 AM
Johnny.

Do you have that replacement driver yet?

Stay with two wedges.... you need it at KB

Have a look at stoney's post in the pro shop. He has some titty wedges

You could also try 3balls on ebay. 4 & 5 out of 7 condition wedges still have a lot of life. I got some CG10's and titty SM for $75 (AU) shipped

they sent me a srixon z-ti driver to replace my other one. not the most attractive thing. the first time i hit it, the sound made me and about 20 kangaroos jump. however, it actually hits really nice, so i consider it a success.

i was thinking about pm'ing stoney. the 56 is perfect, but the 8 degree bounce for the 60 worries me a bit because it is 4 degrees more than what i use, and kennedy is nothing but tight lie after tight lie.

will also take a look at 3balls.

thanks for that peter.
john

Moe Norman
25th January 2007, 11:22 AM
i have a few mate.

got some oil can vokeys in 54* that are in pretty good nick.

around $60 plus post would get one of them, can't remember what they cost me. I also have some hogans etc.

if you want an inventory, just PM me

Johnny Canuck
29th January 2007, 12:13 PM
JC - stoney's 48, 56 & 60 Vokey SM's are mint. He doesn't play golf anymore.

Does anyone know where Stoney is? Trying to reach him for a few days now.

i have a few mate.

got some oil can vokeys in 54* that are in pretty good nick.

around $60 plus post would get one of them, can't remember what they cost me. I also have some hogans etc.

Thanks Moe. The one wedge I have that is in good nick is my 53. Will keep you in mind if things change.

Stoney
29th January 2007, 06:20 PM
Busy with those 4 rugrats.

PM sent Johnny.

BrisWesty
29th January 2007, 09:55 PM
There was a set of 3 wedges at that discount golf place opposite Golfworks at the Gabba for $100 last Friday week. Think they may have been MacGregor or Ram. Wasn't looking too hard.

Johnny Canuck
1st February 2007, 12:15 AM
Thanks to everyone that sent me offers. Stoney and I have come to an agreement. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my 56* & 60* Vokeys!

Johnny Canuck
6th February 2007, 11:27 PM
ok.
got the wedges, they are great. thanks stoney.
played 9 holes with them today and was a little pissed at hitting 7 out of 9 greens in reg, because i wanted to hit the wedges!!
however, when used, they were fantastic.

i was just a little miffed at the mail courier just leaving them at the front of the house without ringing the bell or anything. glad i heard her pull up.

goughy
7th February 2007, 06:45 AM
I've had that here Johnny. I've heard the thump by the front door signifing a delivery.

AndyP
7th February 2007, 09:22 AM
I had my Ipod left by the front door, despite Apple requiring a signature on delivery.

BrisVegas
7th February 2007, 09:24 AM
I got a split system aircon being delivered this afternoon... hope they don't just dump it on the front deck!

3oneday
7th February 2007, 09:38 AM
I got a split system aircon being delivered this afternoon... hope they don't just dump it on the front deck!:lol: we have a new dining table being delivered, we have only paid for half so ours should have some care taken I reckon ;)

Johnny Canuck
7th February 2007, 10:06 AM
i have had it happen a few times now. it amazes me that they don't even bother to ring the bell or anything. it wouldn't take them any longer to do so. i could start a good business just driving around behind the delivery truck and picking up whatever it leaves behind.