PDA

View Full Version : Carney quits Titans

dc68
16th January 2007, 05:52 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21067893-23214,00.html

What is going on at the Coast?:shock:

Grunt
16th January 2007, 05:54 PM
Good old self destruct, no one wants to play there.

dc68
16th January 2007, 05:56 PM
Ahem. Bit like the last 35 years at Redfern?

Grunt
16th January 2007, 06:05 PM
Forget the past just look at the Future. The New Bunnies will be the pick of 2007.

3oneday
16th January 2007, 06:12 PM
yep, won't know whether to pick them or not, then by the time we've decided we've done our cash cold.

Grunt
16th January 2007, 06:17 PM
Don't pick the Titan's for anything other than the spoon. Just wait for New Ltd to help them out when they hit trouble.

cazandpaul
16th January 2007, 06:18 PM
Heard an interview with Michael Searle (CEO) - Carney has retired from football and will return to UK to complete a law degree - should he wish to play any type of football he will require a release from the Titans and payment of a transfer fee.

The lure of playing on the Coast was the only thing that tempted him to try a further year.

cazandpaul
16th January 2007, 06:19 PM
Grunt - bit harsh coming from a Bunnies supporter.

Grunt
16th January 2007, 06:20 PM
Don't forget to tell everyone how the other high profile player Mr. Rogers broke down at training today

Fishman Dan
16th January 2007, 06:26 PM
At least the Bunnies made it too 100 years.. unlike those Seagulls... i mean Titans... i mean BOTH!

gazgolf1
16th January 2007, 06:28 PM
Who?

cazandpaul
16th January 2007, 06:51 PM
A sprained ankle equals broke down:confused: - he will be back at training Thursday.

Give the Titans some credit - they have organised a good coach and support staff (John Cartwright and Billy Johnstone), financial backing with Jetstar as major sponsor, a brand new 25,000 seat stadium from 2008 and a solid playing squad with a mixture of experience and youth.

As for previous teams on the Coast, they deserved to go along with a couple of others in Sydney without mentioning any names:-D

3oneday
16th January 2007, 06:55 PM
Don't pick the Titan's for anything other than the spoon.pity I wasn't talking about the Titans ;)

Grunt
16th January 2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah Yeah, were you talking about the Roosters or the Sharks then?

Jarro
16th January 2007, 07:55 PM
That's a big backflip from carney then. He was on the news last night saying he was keen to play with the Titans this year.

We really don't need pommie players over here anyway, we've got enough good juniors running around to fill the spots.

Grunt
16th January 2007, 08:10 PM
Maybe just maybe he was not that keen but the club pressured him so as to make sure of no salary cap breaches this year.

Fishman Dan
16th January 2007, 10:54 PM
Rogers has to be feeling some regret. He quits union because he's getting shafted and can't play where he wants, then Latham does his knee big time.

His impetulance cost him the Wallabies fullback spot. But of course he'll be stable, settled player at the Titans.....

Bwahahahahhahaahhahahahah!

cazandpaul
17th January 2007, 05:10 AM
Conspiracy theories, focusing on Mat Rogers - is there something you good ol' southern boys are trying to say,cover up or divert attention from down your way.

Or are you just a bit concerned the Titans will make a go of it and be a more competitive team than you would like?

Grunt
17th January 2007, 05:36 AM
Very much doubt they will be as competitive as everyone else may think. They have no set combinations in any positions as yet. I reckon they just may gel in the latter part of the season and may become a pest side for teams trying for the 8.

3oneday
17th January 2007, 05:37 AM
Or are you just a bit concerned the Titans will make a go of it and be a more competitive team than you would like?hehe, no you keep thinking that, you'll be fine ;)

Their halves are outstanding :roll: and they have signed one forward ;)

Every team hopes for success in their first season, doesn't usually go to plan.

Jarro
17th January 2007, 06:02 AM
They'll still beat the Bunnies :p

Grunt
17th January 2007, 06:08 AM
Will have to put a little wager on this then Jarro. I am not worried about the Bunnies getting beat by them at all.

Grunt
17th January 2007, 06:17 AM
Forgot to add they released Frank Pulatua back to the Panthers just before Xmas because he did not like it up there. 3 players signed don't actually play for the team that must be a record.

3oneday
17th January 2007, 07:37 AM
3 players signed don't actually play for the team that must be a record.probably not, there were 17 guys playing for Souths last year that didn't play ;) or was that couldn't ?? sorry, getting confused.... :p

Fishman Dan
17th January 2007, 09:07 AM
hehe, no you keep thinking that, you'll be fine ;)

Their halves are outstanding :roll: and they have signed one forward ;)

The line-up looks good with the ball, it's their defence that will be lacking. Although i agree with Jarro - i think they'll beat the Bunnies ;)

....and Carlton.

dc68
17th January 2007, 09:44 AM
His impetulance cost him the Wallabies fullback spot. But of course he'll be stable, settled player at the Titans.....

Bwahahahahhahaahhahahahah!

What the hell sort of word is that Fishy?

Impatience or petulance.

:p

Fishman Dan
17th January 2007, 10:02 AM
Great pickup dc....

Pr!ck. (need me to consplain this word?)

dc68
17th January 2007, 10:13 AM
yes placebo.

3oneday
17th January 2007, 10:23 AM
flatulence ???

PeteyD
17th January 2007, 10:31 AM
The titans wil lprobably suck for a year or too, but they will beat the bunnies

AndyP
17th January 2007, 10:44 AM
I think you should keep the words to three syllables or less in a rugby league thread.

terryand
17th January 2007, 10:51 AM
I don't think I will be a Titans supporter, but i will watch their games. But I still think they have a good enough list to finish ahead of the bunnies on the ladder.

Grunt you think you are a good supporter of your team....You got nuthin. Have painted your team logo on your fence or driveway,well I have seen both these on 2 different house here in Moranbah.I think I will have to keep my Broncos support quiet till I find out how fanatical these Cowboy's supporters are :-s

Terry.

dc68
17th January 2007, 10:59 AM
I don't think you would need to worry about The Broncs mate....however if you wanted to paint your fence red and green you might cop some stick.

Eag's
17th January 2007, 11:34 AM
Don't pick the Titan's for anything other than the spoon. Just wait for New Ltd to help them out when they hit trouble.

Mate, one thing I can guarantee, the Titans will finish higher on the ladder than the hopeless Bunnies :twisted:
Mind you, in saying that, the womans salvation army would knock off the Bunnies :mrgreen:

Grunt
17th January 2007, 02:35 PM
Boy it is going to be good to rebirth this thread during the year.:p Could be some egg on faces I think and I am confident it will not be mine.

dc68
17th January 2007, 02:40 PM
I can't wait for that one.

terryand
17th January 2007, 02:45 PM
Boy it is going to be good to rebirth this thread during the year.:p Could be some egg on faces I think and I am confident it will not be mine.

Even if they happen to finish ahead of the titans, they won't come with in coo-wee of the Broncs :mrgreen:

Terry.

Grunt
17th January 2007, 02:48 PM
Might be closer than everyone thinks. In saying that the Bronco's may well be the team to beat once more. Can't work out why the Bulldogs are the favorites though. I have a feeling this year the gap between the top 4 and the rest of the comp will be greater than ever before.

terryand
17th January 2007, 02:55 PM
Might be closer than everyone thinks. In saying that the Bronco's may well be the team to beat once more. Can't work out why the Bulldogs are the favorites though. I have a feeling this year the gap between the top 4 and the rest of the comp will be greater than ever before.

And the gap between the 8th spot and the bunnies will be about the same :mrgreen:

Terry.

3oneday
17th January 2007, 03:10 PM
Can't work out why the Bulldogs are the favorites though. .cause we will have a secret weapon, chamois on our arses ;)

cazandpaul
17th January 2007, 03:36 PM
Now that Turner and Carney are out of the way there is plenty left in the salary cap - Tuquiri a Titan?

Grunt
17th January 2007, 03:43 PM
Would not be surprised if that happened but it now seems the Rugby boys are offering him some big coin to stay in Rugby.

Eag's
17th January 2007, 04:22 PM

Grunt, do yourself a favour and lay off the crack mate :smt107 :smt120
I mean People think I am crazy being a Dragons supporter but you must be the most patient supporter on the planet :smt016

shavey
19th January 2007, 12:40 AM
And the gap between the 8th spot and the bunnies will be about the same :mrgreen:

Terry.

Don't you mean the game between the 15th spot and the Bunnies will be about the same :)

Expect a solid year from the Tightends, I think they will surpise a few teams.

But you really can't go lockyer and the broncs! QLD 3-0 in the Origin will make this year even sweeter!!!