PDA

View Full Version : Does Brisbane have a proper PING fitting center?

andylo
15th January 2007, 11:46 AM
Lets say I am interest in a set of i5 but I want to get it fitted properly in Brisbane. Is there a PING fitting center in Brisbane? I went thru their website and found nothing :(

BrisWesty
15th January 2007, 11:50 AM
ALo, Ask Rusty. He should be able to point you in the right direction.
P.S. They have to be out of the womb before they can be fitted.

BrisVegas
15th January 2007, 12:06 PM
I could be wrong, but I though Drummonds golf stores were Ping stockists now. They'd have the full set of fitting irons there and could take you through it.

Otherwise, wait for the next Ping demo day. I've seen the Ping fitting cart at both Oxley GC and Vic Park at their respective demo days.

3oneday
15th January 2007, 12:19 PM
I could be wrong, but I though Drummonds golf stores were Ping stockists now. so they does got it than ???

goughy
15th January 2007, 12:21 PM
There should be a few clubs around that are ping fitters, rather than the big stores. Middle Ridge up here has a fitting cart. I'd try some of the big name places, or those with decent ranges, like vic park.

Sounds like you've got some clear thinking going on alo ;)

andylo
15th January 2007, 12:31 PM
Just that Clo hit my X18 PS then the i5 and she believe i5 is better for me

peter_rs
15th January 2007, 12:32 PM
vic park have the ping cart.

AndyP
15th January 2007, 12:39 PM
Are you serious? You are basing your club selection on how a club when hit by your non-golfing wife?

I shouldn't be surprised really.

goughy
15th January 2007, 12:40 PM

Are you saying that clo saw YOU hit your x18ps and then i5 and thought YOU hit the i5's better.

Or are you saying that CLO hit your x18ps and then hit i5's and thought you would be better with the i5's?

If she watched you hit them then I guess ok. But I don't know if you're gonna gain much from going to i5's from the x18's. If I wasn't using pings I would probably have looked at x16 or 18's.

If she hit them, then no disrespect meant, but I doubt she will be a great guage on what is good for you. I mean no offence, but does she shoot a lower score than you for 18 holes. And I mean a much lower score.

If you're using x18's, then I don't think you will gain anything much from changing to any other iron ont he market. They are a great forgiving iron. What more do you want.

Otherwise if it's an excuse to ho - then go for it ;)

BrisVegas
15th January 2007, 12:42 PM
zing! Goughy, I coulda put money on you trying to make sense out of alo's post. It would have been so much easier to simply ignore it...

andylo
15th January 2007, 12:50 PM
I don't mind the X18PS at all... but I probably swing a little quicker nowadays since my swing getting a little more mature.... Look I am NOT too sure about this yet so I will have to see a club fitter regrading to the shaft thing....

It just that we came across in GolfWorks yesterday and I hit both in front of her, then she do the same. I don't feel a difference (into the net) but the i5 obviously easier for clo for some reason, so she ask me how much it would cost to change shafts on X18 compare to sell the X18 and get fitted for a set of i5.

I really just want to find out get fitted by PING's ppl is possible or not, and if yes, where :)

goughy
15th January 2007, 12:57 PM
Vic Park would be the go, as Peter said. And a good range to hit from.

Toolish
15th January 2007, 12:57 PM
Isn't a fitting a fitting no matter what the club?

If you are convinced you want the I5 then clubhead is taken out of equation...see any good fitter to work out length and lie angle...shaft is only variable yet...are you planning on going with a Ping factory shaft?

andylo
15th January 2007, 01:02 PM
"IF" I really go for the I5 then yes I would like to have Ping factory everything... and thats the main reason why I looking up for the PING guys. I have no preference on head really at the moment.

Anything that is no less forgiving than X18PS, and correctly fitted for me and I can swing it... whatever it is.

andylo
15th January 2007, 01:03 PM
Post #2,3,5 and 7 are helpful for me. Thanks.

I will go to Vic Park one day this week and see what to do. Thanks.

Rusty
15th January 2007, 01:40 PM
yep, if you're definite about atleast trying the Pings, see Sean Dwyer (head pro) at Vic Park (ph 3252 9891 shop). there's nothing like seeing the ball flight after hitting it and getting a true "feel", than just hitting into a net. hell, you can even try them off the grass. the cost of the fit is deducted from the cost of the clubs + you can have as many fit sessions as you want. i had 2.5!

3oneday
15th January 2007, 02:08 PM
Post #2,3,5 and 7 are helpful for me. Thanks.I hope you can sense my disappointment with this statement ;)

:lol:

Fatherhood has hardened you :p

BrisVegas
15th January 2007, 02:12 PM
you got 4 helpful posts. what are you complaining about!

Choppa
15th January 2007, 02:22 PM
"IF" I really go for the I5 then yes I would like to have Ping factory everything... and thats the main reason why I looking up for the PING guys. I have no preference on head really at the moment.

Anything that is no less forgiving than X18PS, and correctly fitted for me and I can swing it... whatever it is.

Just wait till you are married a little longer.

3oneday
15th January 2007, 02:24 PM
:lol: :lol:

AndyP
15th January 2007, 02:28 PM
Post #2,3,5 and 7 are helpful for me. Thanks.
I'm worried that he is going to start a trend with this statement, ala, the +1 crappola.

amanda
15th January 2007, 02:29 PM
andy - save the $2k from a set of Pings and put it towards nursery furniture, car capsule, baby's education!

Fishman Dan
15th January 2007, 02:49 PM
andy - save the $2k from a set of Pings and put it towards nursery furniture, car capsule, baby's education!

What sort of attitude is that? It's posts like this that brings this website into disrepute.

A-Lo - the dob button is in the bottom-left corner (i think?).

BrisVegas
15th January 2007, 02:51 PM
$2k won't even cover the OB visits mandy. May as well spend it on Pings and throw themselves onto the public health system.

AndyP
15th January 2007, 02:53 PM
Posts #21, 22, 23, 24 were not helpful.

+1

Eag's
15th January 2007, 02:59 PM

+1

Andy, don't you start that bloody +1 crap like so many others on this site :smt021

TS
15th January 2007, 03:00 PM

+1

AP. I agree with you. This is a golf forum, people. Stop all this rubbish talk about babies. We need to encourage ALO to go for S58 Tour instead of the I5 hackstick.

Virgal_Tracy
15th January 2007, 03:12 PM

What do you think the baby bonus is for, if not for a new set of clubs and a plasma TV?

McCoy
15th January 2007, 03:15 PM
What do you think the baby bonus is for, if not for a new set of clubs and a plasma TV?

Well the last thing you want to spend the baby bonus on is the baby.

Fishman Dan
15th January 2007, 03:22 PM
As if the baby can appreciate it. Their bones haven't finished forming. Their swing is bound to change completely by their 2nd birthday.

Choppa
15th January 2007, 03:42 PM

+1

You're even ragging your own posts now......time for a break I think.

AndyP
15th January 2007, 03:48 PM
I don't pretend to be helpful. I think A-Lo is beyond help.

peter_rs
15th January 2007, 05:34 PM
A bird has told me.

Golfworks have the full fitting cart with the i5 & s58 irons and a nice new lanuchie to test on.

You have to ask.

just
15th January 2007, 07:54 PM
I find posts #23,24,27,28,29 & 30 are helpful.

Mate the only big spend items for kids are baby capsule, decent cot and pram-and you can take cost cutting measures in this area-the rest of the stuff you can get from Target and K-Mart or the grandparents can get it.

This is especially unhelpful:razz:. It will breed a sense of entitlement in the kids that they don't need. Send your kids to state schools, Moe wouldn't approve but you will make big savings, and then make them join the Army/Airforce (not the Navy) as an Officer so they can go to the Defence Academy and voila - no tertiary costs, the government will pay for the lot and it will instill a sense of discipline in them.

Ultimately you have to remember you can have, play and enjoy a set of Pings for the rest of your life, the kids will most likely bugger off when they are eighteen (and if they don't kick them out) and they will only cause you pain.

Give yourself the pleasure of a lifetime, buy the Pings, you know you want to.

azza
15th January 2007, 08:27 PM
A bird has told me.

Golfworks have the full fitting cart with the i5 & s58 irons and a nice new lanuchie to test on.

You have to ask.

No birds here but I got my i5s fitted at Golfworks by Jamie. He did a pretty good job too.

BrisWesty
15th January 2007, 08:28 PM
I find post #34 to be helpful.

Jarro
16th January 2007, 06:48 AM
sorry but i had to correct the initial thread title, it was driving me cwaazyyyyyy :roll:

ALo .. get whatever clubs you bloody well like mate, don't listen to these hackers :p

rick3003
16th January 2007, 09:49 PM
Isn't a fitting a fitting no matter what the club?

If you are convinced you want the I5 then clubhead is taken out of equation...see any good fitter to work out length and lie angle...shaft is only variable yet...are you planning on going with a Ping factory shaft?
Spot on Toolish, going direct means nothing!

I went to the Ping factory in Sydney to do the whole measure up crap. Came out with 1 & 1/4 inch over 4 degrees up and an average swingweight of E1.

Worst club fitting I have ever experienced. Went purely on height and lie angle was based on length of shaft.

Now playing 1/2 inch over and 2 degrees flat.

ALO, If you want a set of i5's get measured up by a reputable club maker and then go on the hunt for the cheapest set.

Just my 2 cents.

Grunt
17th January 2007, 05:49 AM
Spot on Toolish, going direct means nothing!

I went to the Ping factory in Sydney to do the whole measure up crap. Came out with 1 & 1/4 inch over 4 degrees up and an average swingweight of E1.

Worst club fitting I have ever experienced. Went purely on height and lie angle was based on length of shaft.

Now playing 1/2 inch over and 2 degrees flat.

ALO, If you want a set of i5's get measured up by a reputable club maker and then go on the hunt for the cheapest set.

Just my 2 cents.

Was that the Factory @ Caringbah Rick? A friend had the same thing happen went from being a solid 4 or 5 marker with his old clubs to now struggling to stay under 10. He is adamant that it is he who is different but his swing is exactly like it used to be. Maybe he has had the same great club fit experience.

rick3003
17th January 2007, 06:52 AM
Was that the Factory @ Caringbah Rick? A friend had the same thing happen went from being a solid 4 or 5 marker with his old clubs to now struggling to stay under 10. He is adamant that it is he who is different but his swing is exactly like it used to be. Maybe he has had the same great club fit experience.
Yep, the factory at Caringbah. Huge high hooks was all I could hit with the Pings, needless to say they lasted about 2 weeks.

amanda
17th January 2007, 08:10 AM
Brad had his fitted there around 4 yrs ago - they've been great. The only thing holding back Brad's game is:

a) his brain (sometimes it seems on holidays)
b) his shoulder - gets sore or he does something stupid to injure it (like handstand pushups!)

Trung
17th January 2007, 08:36 AM
Brad had his fitted there around 4 yrs ago - they've been great. The only thing holding back Brad's game is:

a) his brain (sometimes it seems on holidays)
b) his shoulder - gets sore or he does something stupid to injure it (like handstand pushups!)

Best wife to husband sledge of the year... :mrgreen:

amanda
17th January 2007, 10:30 AM
Got to keep him on his toes :-D

Jono
17th January 2007, 12:43 PM

Should have heard the husband to wife sledge on the 1st green at Dunheved. Let's just say Amanda didn't look amused ... :lol:

amanda
17th January 2007, 06:10 PM
Jono - care to repeat it - I don't actually remember what he said.

amanda
17th January 2007, 08:18 PM
Brad just made the mistake of reminding me :evil: :evil:

He is now receiving appropriate punishment:
:smt021

:smt075

:smt062

:smt014

brad
18th January 2007, 06:12 PM
:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

just
18th January 2007, 09:47 PM
his shoulder - gets sore or he does something stupid to injure it (like handstand pushups!)

Brad
Have you thought about graphite iron shafts, might help with the shoulder and will certainly hurt less than steel when Amanda whacks you on the head with them.:-D
Just

brad
19th January 2007, 02:01 PM
Shoulder is actually fine, try doing a handstand pushup or two while drunk and then play a good round of golf the next day - it just aches a little for a while.

Amanda wouldn't dare give me cause to buy new ping irons, she has her own graphites ...... :) .... it was one of my better sledges ... :D