PDA

View Full Version : Increase Rust Speed

le_quiet_uno
13th January 2007, 06:07 PM
G'day all,

Need all the help of the "Rust" expert in this forum. I've purchased a set of Mizuno MP Raw Haze wedges close to 4 months and have tried many times to get them to rust (i.e. coke then salt water) However, I have no luck in getting one single rust on the club at all.

I would kindly appreciate it if someone can suggest / advise how to get these "bastards" to rust?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Le Quiet Uno

Jarro
13th January 2007, 06:12 PM
I thought Coke stopped rust from forming ? It certainly has on my Titty (raw) wedges.

Maybe just dunk 'em again, take them out and leave them propped up in the shed overnight ... see what happens then.

PeteyD
13th January 2007, 07:54 PM
look up electrolosis at golfwrx etc. Plenty on it there

le_quiet_uno
24th January 2007, 11:09 PM
Many thanks for your tips and helps... after doing a little bit of research and experiementing.. the wedges are starting to rust!! :D:D

Will post some pics once it's fully rusted :D *fingers cross - let's hope it doesn't take too long* :D

Rusty
25th January 2007, 01:25 PM
in a way, good to know it does take a bit for'em to rust.

le_quiet_uno
25th January 2007, 02:41 PM
Rusty: It is good for golfers who likes to have nice shiney clubs.. but in my case it was really fraustrating for me not to see the wedges rust when I want it to. :)

Webster
25th January 2007, 03:12 PM
I have used the following method with some succuss:

Wrap the clubhead in a couple of tissues that cover all the exposed areas you want to rust. Then put the club in a bucket full of salty water. Every so often take the club out and let it dry, then dunk it again. Repeat half a dozen times (works best on a hot day). If you dont like the finish then Coke them and start again!

le_quiet_uno
29th January 2007, 10:53 PM
Many thanks for the tips, Jack! I'll give that a try.. and see how we go. :)

Jarro
4th April 2008, 09:42 AM
Any tips on how to remove rust quickly ?

Dazza
4th April 2008, 10:24 AM
Newbie question.... Why would anyone actually want their clubs to rust? Something to gain out of having a rusty clubface?

Cheers

3oneday
4th April 2008, 10:35 AM
give them a buff.

Jarro
4th April 2008, 11:49 AM
Buffing is for buffers !

I'll go the easy route and just get new wedges ;)

mikezone13
4th April 2008, 12:34 PM
Coke :)

Deano
4th April 2008, 09:27 PM
"Any tips on how to remove rust quickly ?

Oh about 20 practice bunker shots should do it.

Courty
4th April 2008, 11:30 PM

From heads or shafts?

rick3003
5th April 2008, 01:32 AM
Newbie question.... Why would anyone actually want their clubs to rust? Something to gain out of having a rusty clubface?

Cheers
Assists with glare and spin.

Jarro
5th April 2008, 09:12 AM
From heads or shafts?

From the clubhead itself.

I read on another golf website that using fine grade steel wool was a good way ... but that seems like too much hard work :roll:

WeekendHacker
18th April 2008, 11:41 AM
I read on another golf website that using fine grade steel wool was a good way ... but that seems like too much hard work :roll:
Get a junior at your club who is looking for a few bucks to do it for you. We have one at our club who has setup his own cleaning business. Leave them with the pro and when you come in next week they are like brand new.