PDA

View Full Version : How much is this worth please - and quick!!

Fishman Dan
6th May 2004, 03:00 PM
35 minutes left... no bids and asking for $138 ($149 Buy Now)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1515&item=3674508181&rd=1

Brand: Taylor Made Golf
Model: 300 Ti Driver
Condition: Good Condition
Loft: 8.5 degree
Hand: Right Handed
Shaft Material: Graphite
Shaft Brand: True Temper
Shaft Model: EI-70
Shaft Flex: Stiff
Grip Brand: Taylor Made
Grip: Crossline
Length: 44.5"
Headcover: Not Included

Whaddya reckon; damaged, shonky or hot? The seller is next suburb from me - should get in touch with him and offer him $100 when the auction closes.

AndyP
6th May 2004, 03:19 PM
The seller is next suburb from me - should get in touch with him and offer him $100 when the auction closes.

That's an ebay no-no. [-X

Fishman Dan
6th May 2004, 03:24 PM
I'm an eBay nono.. It's hardly a place which defines ethical standards ;)
Besides, if they can't get a single bid online then i can't see the problem. Mind you, i checked out his other items - there's 35 or so drivers going in the next 10 days from this vendor.

AndyP
6th May 2004, 03:31 PM
Just spoke to jarro on the phone for you.

He seems to recall onewood getting one for about $120-$130 not that long ago.
He said that if you were really keen for it and didn't mind the loft being that low, then a bid of $140 might be worth you while.
Keep in mind that this club is fairly common.
Another option would be to get one from the US, with shipping, etc, it would probably come out to the same price.

AndyP
6th May 2004, 03:36 PM
2min left.

If you bid, don't forget to watch out for snipers. I got burnt. :(

Fishman Dan
6th May 2004, 03:40 PM
Snipers? I guess people sit there and wait for a last minute bid. Get a life :lol: I won't be bidding - besides if he hasn't sold it i bet it will be back up online tonight for another 10 days.

I copied myself in a quick message I send to the vendor. This is a statement eBay sticks onto any e-mails (it's on all of them i presume, not just the naughty ones);

---------------
Never respond to an unsolicited email that includes incentives to buy or sell an item off the eBay Marketplace. If you get such an email, please report it to eBay.
---------------

I just find it mildly amusing that they would pursue someone trying to rob them of whatever tiny percentage they get. What is the eBay cut?

AndyP
6th May 2004, 03:45 PM
What is the eBay cut?
Depends on the price range of the item that is being sold. Plus they grab some fees, as well.

terryand
6th May 2004, 03:50 PM
Fishman Dan,if you can hold off on a driver till Ap comes down.I could send a couple of drivers down with him for you to try if its OK with Andy.

Terry.

AndyP
6th May 2004, 03:54 PM
You don't mind if I try these drivers as well, do you? :roll:

Fishman Dan
6th May 2004, 03:58 PM
Terry,

Sounds like an offer too good to refuse - though a little beyond the call of duty! What drivers are we talking, and what terms?! I'm a a little flattered, because a) all i am doing is watching the clock, avoiding do any actual work and browsing eBay, and b) because i'm the only Mexican on this forum. I feel like a honorary Qld'er.. i'm touched..

Andy, only if you have the room/time. I'm flying into/out of Brissy on the June long weekend if nothing can be arranged.

Jarro
6th May 2004, 04:01 PM
Dan,

if you're in the marjet for a new driver, i'd strongly recommend trying out the SMT's :smt002

terryand
6th May 2004, 04:10 PM
Andy of coarse you can use them,I'd be hurt if you didn't :smt098

FD just gettin the word out there of these great drivers :smt076

I was some what gaged on the other forum,but I know the sheriff here :smt023

Terry.

Fishman Dan
6th May 2004, 04:18 PM

Terry.

:?:

Terry, what drivers do you anticipate sending down - are you on the SMT bandwagon as well?

:smt098 <- Is this a thumbs up, or an up-yours?!

terryand
6th May 2004, 04:39 PM
Gota be tumbs up for Andy :smt083

I have been trying my hand at importing the SMT range for about 6-8 months now,but the partner I had weren't real interested so I haven't been either. Now they want out,I'lll try a few other avenues to get them out there.

But I still have a few demos set up in various lofts and shafts :smt023

Terry.

AndyP
6th May 2004, 08:09 PM

Terry.

Terry, they are definitely sticking up the middle digit in that emoticon. :x

I had noticed you were pushing a bit heavier on this site. Would have been no talk of the pro chipping mat on the other forum either. 8)
As long as it doesn't get out of control with outside agencies, if they discover us. :evil:

I reckon jarro should get some sort of commission too. Especially for someone that doesn't even have an SMT. :roll:

terryand
6th May 2004, 08:20 PM
No way Andy there thumbs :smt098

These are digits :smt097

Terry.

AndyP
6th May 2004, 08:31 PM

Terry.
I think the top one is a cheeky up yours, and the bottom is an angry up yours. =;

Jarro
7th May 2004, 06:38 AM
where did all these new emoticons come from by the way :-k

i like 'em :smt023

AndyP
7th May 2004, 07:16 AM
where did all these new emoticons come from by the way :-k

i like 'em :smt023

jarro, I'm sure clikchic would have chucked them on.

But don't avoid the issue at hand. Is it thumbs up or up yours :?:
:x :wink:

Jarro
7th May 2004, 07:46 AM

Terry.
I think the top one is a cheeky up yours, and the bottom is an angry up yours. =;

have to agree with you AndyP,

that is definetly a cheeky up yours :smt098

terryand
7th May 2004, 08:08 AM
OK then guys :smt098 :smt098 :smt093 :smt093 :smt019 :smt019

Fishman Dan
7th May 2004, 08:30 AM
Enough of this shameless post-boosting gibber... back to the topic at hand - who else has clubs for me to 'road test'?!

:lol: :smt083 [-o<

Jarro
7th May 2004, 09:24 AM
Enough of this shameless post-boosting gibber... back to the topic at hand - who else has clubs for me to 'road test'?!

:lol: :smt083 [-o<

I've got a really good condition DFX 2-ball putter Dan :wink:

Fishman Dan
7th May 2004, 09:35 AM
Excellent - put it on the pile. I guess we'll need a bag of sorts to transport this gear around? Anyone?

I'll also need a job which will accomodate plenty of daylight hours for the uninhibited use of all this stuff...

Jarro
7th May 2004, 09:39 AM
don't want much do you :roll:

did you end up getting onto the seller about that 300Ti :?: I think i remember you saying he lives pretty close to you :?

Fishman Dan
7th May 2004, 10:09 AM
did you end up getting onto the seller about that 300Ti :?: I think i remember you saying he lives pretty close to you :?

I forwarded an eBay message to him, but i don't expect a reply. I think it will be back on the market already (haven't checked). He's got over 30 items online - usually the starting price is $10 to $20 below the Buy It Now price.

AndyP
7th May 2004, 10:11 AM
Now you are back on topic. :roll:

Fishman Dan
7th May 2004, 10:16 AM
Hold the phones Jarro;

=====================
Hi,

I have the Taylor Made 300Ti 9.5* with Grafalloy Prolite 35-S Stiff Shaft
sale at $130 (pick up from West Ryde).
Please let me know if you are interested with this one.
Thank you.

Regards,
Bprogolf
=====================

In my e-mail i told him i was after a 9.5* (as you commented, i wouldn't want any lower). So is this deal fairly 'run-of-the-mill', or should i be considering it?'

Seeing as though i got my dodgy MaxFli driver for $100, i can't see i can go far wrong with it?

Jarro
7th May 2004, 10:23 AM
Dan,

for $130 i'd say grab it. The 35S is a great shaft. You are also lucky enough to be able to check it out in the flesh first... so have a look and see what condition it's in first 8)

see if you can twist his arm for a headcover too :wink:

good luck :D

Fishman Dan
7th May 2004, 10:26 AM
And all of this after spending $7.50 replacing the grip on my MaxFli.. :roll:

Holy $hit, i sound like my father... Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

AndyP
7th May 2004, 10:51 AM
Fishy, have you had a look at some completed auctions on ebay to get some idea what they have been going for?

Fishman Dan
7th May 2004, 10:54 AM
Fishy, have you had a look at some completed auctions on ebay to get some idea what they have been going for?

Sorry, much too compulsive for that sort of behaviour. You can do that?

AndyP
7th May 2004, 11:23 AM
Listed at $128 not $130. That guy is trying to rob you of $2.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1515&item=3675241429&rd=1

Here's a headcover.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1515&item=3674859266&rd=1

Not much found on the completed list.

http://search-completed.ebay.com.au/search/search.dll?GetResult&bs=Search&catref=C6&from=R10&sacategory=1515&sapricehi=&sapricelo=&satitle=Taylor+300&sbrftog=1&searchfilters=&socolumnlayout=3&sofocus=bs&soitemstatus=2&soloctog=9&sorecordsperpage=50&sosortorder=2&sosortproperty=2&sotextsearched=2

Here's some completed in the US

http://search-completed.ebay.com.au/search/search.dll?GetResult&bs=Search&catref=C6&from=R10&gotopage=&saavailabletosite=15&sacategory=-1&sapricehi=&sapricelo=&satitle=Taylor+300+driver&sbrftog=1&searchfilters=&socolumnlayout=3&sofocus=bs&soitemstatus=2&soloctog=1&sorecordsperpage=50&sosortorder=2&sosortproperty=2&sotextsearched=2

Fishman Dan
7th May 2004, 11:30 AM
Yes, but the Buy It Now is $139 - so i'm saving $9. :smt019
Saw the headcovers - although my ProLine generic should do well. Besides, i'm not one to flagrantly advertise as I walk a golf course.. :?
I thought i was apathetic - how much time do you have on your hands?! ;)

AndyP
7th May 2004, 11:41 AM
Saving $9 assuming he gets a bid.

I'm on the last day of my contract, before changing positions. So I am just killing time until beer o'clock. :wink:

Fishman Dan
7th May 2004, 01:35 PM
Saving $9 assuming he gets a bid.

I'm on the last day of my contract, before changing positions. So I am just killing time until beer o'clock. :wink:

Does that make you a contract killer?? :shock: 8) :smt071 :smt070

Got the thumbs up, completely on your advice Jarro. I need a scapegoat if i can't hit this thing ;)

AndyP
7th May 2004, 01:40 PM
Does that make you a contract killer?? :shock: 8) :smt071 :smt070

Maybe you will be a little nicer to me in the future. :smt027

Got the thumbs up, completely on your advice Jarro. I need a scapegoat if i can't hit this thing ;)
Ha, ha.
That's why I put all of that advice in a quote. :wink:

Fishman Dan
7th May 2004, 06:05 PM
Achieved 2 things here; picking up the club tomorrow morning, and secondly we've amassed more posts than Jarro's Vokey thread.

Well done team, i couldn't have done either without you.

Jarro
7th May 2004, 06:59 PM
good work Dan 8)

Jarro
7th May 2004, 07:12 PM
Hey Tez..drop me a PM. I need your address to drop these demo's back on Sunday. Unless there is someone else I can give them to.

What'd you think of them golfer69 :?:

clikchic
8th May 2004, 03:01 PM
jarro, I'm sure clikchic would have chucked them on

Yup, I confess that was me! :smt039

I don't know why I am even reading this thread?? Probably the subject heading...sounded very much like an ebay question and I am an ebay addict...

On the topic of ebay, a great way of beating the snipers, providing of course you have a high enough proxy bid is http://www.auctionstealer.com/

You don't have to sit there refreshing and watching the auction and you can just sit back and check it after it is all done and see if you won or not... I always use it for things I REALLY want...otherwise I just set a proxy and forget about it till the end of auction..

Fishman Dan
8th May 2004, 04:04 PM
She's mine, and she's bewwwwwwwdiful.... ;)

\:D/

AndyP
9th May 2004, 05:01 PM
Achieved 2 things here; picking up the club tomorrow morning, and secondly we've amassed more posts than Jarro's Vokey thread.

Well done team, i couldn't have done either without you.

Congrats on the purchase, Fishy.

Vokey thread hasn't finished yet. :wink:

Fishman Dan
9th May 2004, 10:09 PM
Quick update on the TM 300Ti - it's long. I am a believer. :smt083

Played this morning at Gordon, crap course really but it was just a social hit. On the 7th, par 4 index 1 i usually hit Driver (if i catch it)/5-iron. Today i played Driver/8-iron.

The 14th is a long'ish (for this course) hole with an elevated tee, downhill to a gully then climbs back to the tee. There's a small rise at about 150 out which was about my mark - today i went 5 metres past the 100 mtr marker. :shock: :shock: And the tees were back too. It just kept going. Instead of driver/6-7 iron, i played driver/wedge.

On the 15th i caught it on the heel, which was my ugliest drive, still blocked it down the guts to about 130 out.

The ball i was using incidently was a Nike TA2|LNG.

AndyP
10th May 2004, 10:36 AM
Well Fishy, I wish you well in your future endeavours of club ho-ing.
Next you'll be looking at wedges on Ebay, and $400 putters.

Looks like it's just me and Andy in the club now ! :(
I already look at wedges on Ebay. :roll:

Fishman Dan
10th May 2004, 10:46 AM
Well Fishy, I wish you well in your future endeavours of club ho-ing.
Next you'll be looking at wedges on Ebay, and $400 putters.

Looks like it's just me and Andy in the club now ! :(
I already look at wedges on Ebay. :roll:

You're more than a critic G69, you have regressed to being a fanatic. Allow some light into your life. I don't think a new driver in 2 years can be considered 'HO'. Mind you, if Andy's spending spree moves on from wedges... :wink:

There's another driver like mine online - simple $139 + postage and you're set. Don't strain yourself when you're looking for the extra 10 metres off the tee ;)

PS - Do you use a Pinnacle or B51 ball? If not, you may have been cheating on yourself for years without knowing :twisted:

Jarro
10th May 2004, 06:44 PM
glad you like the new driver Dan 8)

next you'll be ready to step into the world of Tour Issue clubs ....

.. then you'll really start to see some increased distance :shock:

Fishman Dan
10th May 2004, 08:44 PM
I saw some Tours at Al's Golf - there must have been 10-12 300/320 etc mix of standard and Tour. What's the difference with the Tour club?