PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Tri-series Aust/NZ/England

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jarro
5th January 2007, 03:55 PM
Australia tri-series squad Adam Gilchrist (wk), Matthew Hayden, Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Hussey, Michael Clarke, Andrew Symonds, Cameron White, Brad Hogg, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Stuart Clark, Nathan Bracken, Glenn McGrath.

Good to see they're giving White a go, he's been playing well of late.

NZ have been playing well against the SriLankans .. so at least we'll have somebody who might give us a run for our money :p

AndyP
5th January 2007, 04:04 PM
McGrath and Clark to be rested for 20/20 match too.
Hilfenhaus gets a go over Tait.

Australia's squad for the Twenty20 match against England: Ricky Ponting (capt), Adam Gilchrist, Matthew Hayden, Mike Hussey, Michael Clarke, Andrew Symonds, Cameron White, Brad Hogg, Nathan Bracken, Mitchell Johnson, Brett Lee, Ben Hilfenhaus.

raidrboy
12th January 2007, 02:41 PM
Game 1.

Michael Vaughan won the toss and the poms are 0/9.

Jarro
12th January 2007, 02:44 PM
1/20 thanks to a great catch from Haydos 8)

Should've been 2/20 too... Gilly dropped a sitter off Bell first ball :shock:

Grunt
12th January 2007, 03:37 PM
3/77 now 18 overs.
Peiterson & Collingwood in

dc68
12th January 2007, 04:00 PM
How good is Mitch Johnson going? :)

Just shows how bad the "pieman" goes. :p

Jarro
12th January 2007, 04:05 PM
Couldn't agree more Dave. Johnson will be around for years to come

AndyP
12th January 2007, 04:07 PM
Get a room, you two.

Fishman Dan
12th January 2007, 04:14 PM
Johnson? How good is Michael Clark going? :roll:

Face it, this Pommy team is totally inept at scoring. The biggest mistake Australia have made is getting Bell out.

dc68
12th January 2007, 04:31 PM
Hmmmm I don't really rate White as a bowler.......

Jarro
12th January 2007, 04:39 PM
How good is Michael Clark going?

Who ??

Good to see some younger players finally getting a chance anyway.

Fishman Dan
12th January 2007, 04:43 PM
Hmmmm I don't really rate White as a bowler.......

Neither does Pietersen :lol:

AndyP
12th January 2007, 04:44 PM
I'm not even watching the game, but I can tell how boring the 20 to 40 over period is...........as usual.

Jarro
12th January 2007, 04:47 PM
I'm not even watching the game, but I can tell how boring the 20 to 40 over period is...........as usual.

Hardly.

Pietersen just gave White a lesson in clean hitting, consecutive sixes to the longest boundary :shock:

AndyP
12th January 2007, 04:51 PM
Well, that makes up for the 15 overs before it.

Jarro
12th January 2007, 04:53 PM
Poms are going OK actually, playing some good shots.

Fishman Dan
12th January 2007, 05:14 PM
Sounds like Pietersen is really struggling after McGrath cleaned him up. That's what happens if you don't show a class bowler the respect he deserves. Could struggle beyond this game?

Jarro
12th January 2007, 05:17 PM
Looked nasty on the replay too. 130kph straight into his ribs 8) Hope it knocks some of the cockiness outta him, i think the guys a prick anyway ;)

The wicket doesn't look to be doing anything nasty, looks pretty flat actually.

Grunt
12th January 2007, 05:49 PM
What a catch Ponting just made to dismiss the Next pom

Jarro
12th January 2007, 05:59 PM
good debut from Johnson ... 2/34 from 10 overs

goughy
12th January 2007, 07:34 PM
Damn bloody who cares about antiques showcase or local news, or national news for .................................................. .....................

It came back on at 0/95 from 13.2 overs. Bloody telecasts................Nine - up yours :smt076 ](*,) :smt019

Grunt
12th January 2007, 07:35 PM
We missed the first 30 min here in Sydney.

AndyP
12th January 2007, 11:19 PM
Nine have no idea. You think they would know by now that all the action in a one-dayer happens in the first ten overs and the last 10 overs.

Jarro
13th January 2007, 08:18 AM
So KP is out for the rest of the series with a cracked rib 'eh ;)

Wonder how that will dent the Poms confidence ? He looks the only one likely to score any runs.

I agree about channel 9. If they can move the news and ACA forward for the ODI finals, why the hell can't they do it for every game ?

3oneday
13th January 2007, 08:26 AM
I hope Australia start batting first. It was as boring as batshit towards the end.

Courty
13th January 2007, 10:06 AM
So KP is out for the rest of the series with a cracked rib 'eh ;)

Wonder how that will dent the Poms confidence ? He looks the only one likely to score any runs.

They will miss KP for sure. But now that Freddy doesn't have to worry about the Captaincy anymore, I expect his focus will return, and with it, his confidence & productivity.

Bruce
13th January 2007, 01:31 PM
If ever there was an injury waiting to happen it was KP. He has been walking towards medium-fast bowlers and trying to hoik them to cow corner all his life. He was bound to wear one like that eventually.

Flowergirl
13th January 2007, 05:06 PM
WEnt to the cricket at the MCG yesterday. It was so so boring!!!!!!!!Big time yawn. The only good thing was having lunch in the members dining room. There are so many dickhaeds at the cricket only interested in brawling, drinking and doing the mexican wave. Boring!!!!!!!!! Yawn.
Won't bother going again. Did I mention I was bored.:confused:

CobraSS
13th January 2007, 06:46 PM
WEnt to the cricket at the MCG yesterday. It was so so boring!!!!!!!!Big time yawn. The only good thing was having lunch in the members dining room. There are so many dickhaeds at the cricket only interested in brawling, drinking and doing the mexican wave. Boring!!!!!!!!! Yawn.

So how was it FG ?:p

AndyP
14th January 2007, 01:33 PM
That hat-trick by Bond is a bit of a joke. It's like a hole-in-one that's not in a comp.....

I was debating whether or not I really wanted to go to the one-dayer at the Gabba this Friday. Cameron White just convinced me to turn up.

Grunt
14th January 2007, 01:39 PM
When he hits the ball it stays hit doesn't it. Can't work out why Clark was not in when it was the Hat Trick though. I think he is a better batsman than Bracken.

Jarro
14th January 2007, 01:45 PM
Cameron White just convinced me to turn up.

What .. Gilchrist/Hayden/Symonds wasn't enough for ya :roll:

AndyP
14th January 2007, 02:03 PM
Are you going? Didn't think so....

Jarro
14th January 2007, 02:37 PM
Are you going? Didn't think so....

What's that got to do with your last comment ? :-s

Anyway, Kiwis in trouble early .. 2/10 after 5 :mrgreen:

AndyP
14th January 2007, 03:13 PM
What's that got to do with your last comment ? :-s
Well if they are all such big drawcards, why aren't you going?

Anyway, at the least the Kiwis will try and have a go at it, unlike the Poms who just cave in.

Grunt
14th January 2007, 03:32 PM
Really don't think Australia has anywhere near as strong a bowling attack at the moment

goughy
14th January 2007, 03:38 PM
And how much dosen't it appear to hurt them.

Grunt
14th January 2007, 03:50 PM
yeah but if a team were to post a real big score upfront it puts pressure on the Batsmen and that in turn could lead to failure

Fishman Dan
14th January 2007, 04:07 PM
There are so many dickhaeds at the cricket only interested in brawling, drinking and doing the mexican wave. Boring!!!!!!!!! Yawn.

Sums up my last trips to the cricket in recent years. I haven't been for a few because of that. One year it was solid brawls no matter where you were.

Just goes to show that the best seat in the house is at home these days, which is a little sad. It's no longer a family trip to go to the cricket.

Someone mind telling me why Hayden is back in this team? Good PR perhaps, but a 35+ year old taking up the job that Katich was perfectly good at doing (if not better) before he got the ar$e, and Jacques should be doing currently. Remember of course that Hayden's success in ODI's has come at 5 or 6 in the order.

goughy
14th January 2007, 04:35 PM
Someone mind telling me why Hayden is back in this team?

Someone told the selectors that you wouldn't be at the ground today. Something about watching the game at home on the telli !!! ;)

BrisWesty
14th January 2007, 04:59 PM
Oh well, I'll wave to you all while at the Gabba this Friday. (Might be another washout, like last time I went. At least the Poms will get a point that way!)

Grunt
14th January 2007, 05:04 PM
NZ Gone.What a collapse 7/23!!!
I just hope we don't get too cocky before the World Cup with these real minnows of World cricket here.

Jarro
14th January 2007, 06:06 PM
Symonds MOM ..... go you good thing :mrgreen:

Grunt
14th January 2007, 06:08 PM
Have to be honest the MOM could not really be picked today there were no real stand out in the Aussie side.

Jarro
14th January 2007, 06:11 PM
The officials didn't agree with you Grant

Grunt
14th January 2007, 06:13 PM
Well they have to pick someone, I was just speaking of there not being a standout Aussie, I think they sort of played as a team and no stand out individual. If you had to push me I would have thought the Tasmanian Bowler may have been the pick.

BrisWesty
14th January 2007, 06:49 PM
Ross Taylor seems to go alright for NZ.

AndyP
14th January 2007, 07:17 PM
Symonds MOM ..... go you good thing :mrgreen:
Seems about right. He kept it steady, when the Aussies could have collapsed.

Bruce
15th January 2007, 12:15 PM
Some emails I drafted this morning.

Dear Cricket Australia,
Please consider doing something to allow for some kind of a contest in this year's ODI series. I propose that the home state for each match play the opposition as the team representing Australia. They will still win but at least the Kiwis and Poms will be a chance to be competitive.
Bruce

Dear ICC,
Please consider reducing England's ODI status. They should join Kenya, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe in the reduced schedule status and they should be made to qualify for events such as the ICC trophy and world cup. If they can win the Plate stage of the World Cup then perhaps they can go in instead of Holland or some other pack of nuffies who are just there to make up the numbers. I am thinking of seceding from Australia and forming my own nation to compete in such events. I reckon me and a dozen mates can make a better run of things than those hacks.
Bruce

Fishman Dan
16th January 2007, 02:56 PM
Looks like Vaughan is gone again. Word on the radio is that it's a hamstring, but having had a knee problem in the past myself I can tell you that they are very likely related. In an effort to rebuild strength in the knee it's often at the deteriment of the hammy.

Grunt
16th January 2007, 02:58 PM
He has a runner, hopefully for England's sake it is only a tweak of the Hammy

Fishman Dan
16th January 2007, 03:20 PM
It's his good leg, so now he has a dud knee on one leg, and a dud hammy on the other.

Bruce
17th January 2007, 09:47 AM
Yesterday's game looked like a battle to see who could lose.
****en turgid cricket.

Fishman Dan
17th January 2007, 10:04 AM
They should have stopped 2 overs from the end, held hands and simultaneously declared "Why fight? We're both losers".

The only slight on the comp so far is that Brad Hodge is in the team for tomorrows game in place of the fragile Ponting.

AndyP
17th January 2007, 10:09 AM
It's good to see a couple of Vics in the side for a change. They just need to bring in Harwood now.

dc68
17th January 2007, 11:08 AM
Well, we do need to give the poms and kiwis a chance.

Grunt
17th January 2007, 02:44 PM
How does Harwood make it when Gillespie has been told he is too old. Harwood is older and is an out and out pie chucker!

AndyP
17th January 2007, 02:57 PM
Pies that got him 6/38 against NSW.

I wasn't even serious. I know he's well down in the order, but thanks for biting.

BTW how well is Jacques going? I think we can forget about him for a while.

terryand
17th January 2007, 04:07 PM
Pies that got him 6/38 against NSW.

I wasn't even serious. I know he's well down in the order, but thanks for biting.

BTW how well is Jacques going? I think we can forget about him for a while.

Thank God they didn't give him a run. imagine how Fishy would be going off after they dropped him :-s

Terry.

Fishman Dan
18th January 2007, 02:28 PM
He's had a lean time of it, although he's a walk-up start for Langer's spot. Thornely is the next best thing to come out of NSW, I'm a little surprised he didn't make the ODI squad.

Solid innings in the Pura Cup game vs Vic has set NSW up for a win.

AndyP
18th January 2007, 04:08 PM
he's a walk-up start for Langer's spot.
Now you're delusional.

Jarro
18th January 2007, 04:10 PM
Jacques is hardly a walk-in start ... he's really got a lot of areas he needs to improve on, fielding being just one of them

Fishman Dan
18th January 2007, 05:04 PM
You're right... i overlooked his fielding. How remiss of me.. :roll:

Grunt
18th January 2007, 05:12 PM
You're right... i overlooked his fielding. How remiss of me.. :roll:

Like other players have not been picked for Australia for their lack of Fielding ability. Australia have a dedicated fielding coach now that could fix most flaws. Not strong enough arguement Sorry

Jarro
18th January 2007, 05:21 PM
Well that's good enough for me then.

Grant wants him in the side so he must be picked.

How old is hungry anyway ? I mean, if we're talking a long term replacement for Langer, shouldn't we be looking at a younger guy ?

Fishman Dan
18th January 2007, 05:28 PM
Nearly 28.

Crikey, how young do you want to start them? Perhaps we should get Bindi Irwin to open?

AndyP
18th January 2007, 05:30 PM
jarro didn't say fielding was his only problem. He's not making any runs either.
He has a good patch of form last year, and now he's a walk-up start? I don't think so.

Grunt
18th January 2007, 05:32 PM
Never said he was a walk up start, hope he goes to the UK to play county cricket after the season ends otherwise he has no hope. Seeing as we don't play another test until November.

Jarro
18th January 2007, 05:33 PM
Nearly 28.

Crikey, how young do you want to start them? Perhaps we should get Bindi Irwin to open?

younger than your boyfriend Clarke.

AndyP
18th January 2007, 06:23 PM
So is anyone else going tomorrow?
I'll be there looking over the bowler's arm. As much as I bitch about ODI cricket, it's still good to go watch it at the ground. There's just too much of it on TV for it to have great value.

Jarro
18th January 2007, 06:26 PM
I'll be flicking the work TV on every chance i get ;)

AndyP
18th January 2007, 06:28 PM
BTW what do you guys think of the new pyjamas the Aussies are wearing? I know they aren't the traditional gold and green, but I really like it.

Grunt
18th January 2007, 06:32 PM
BTW what do you guys think of the new pyjamas the Aussies are wearing? I know they aren't the traditional gold and green, but I really like it.

I like them

Jarro
18th January 2007, 06:33 PM
I think they look great 8)

Not gay like the all yellow strip used to look

Courty
18th January 2007, 06:40 PM
It just seems a bit weird watching them run around in dark green. I keep mistaking them for Seth Effrica.

Fishman Dan
18th January 2007, 09:11 PM
Don't like it... like Courty said, too much like those coloured hating, Paki abusing losers.

just
18th January 2007, 09:29 PM
Don't like it... like Courty said, too much like those coloured hating, Paki abusing losers.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. There are many Australians as bad or worse than any South African I have ever met. Dumbass:roll:.

Personally I like the strip.

Fishman Dan
18th January 2007, 11:05 PM
Dumbass? Take a deep breath, we'll get through this together..

AndyP
19th January 2007, 11:06 AM
Dark clouds overhead here today, however there hasn't been much rain....yet. Hopefully it all skips the Gabba.

Fishman Dan
19th January 2007, 11:20 AM
Please don't use the term 'dark', some people get offended.

Possibly the Poms best chance for a result against Australia.

poidda
19th January 2007, 11:28 AM
Yep, my day here at work is nearly done. (Dont know what I bothered really). Off to the Gabba for a few quiets!

AndyP
19th January 2007, 11:30 AM
Half day's pay for little work is much better than no pay at all.

Jarro
19th January 2007, 03:42 PM
Same old story, Poms are selfdestructing :roll:

brad
19th January 2007, 03:48 PM
I work with 3 avid Poms, so I am loving this :D

Jarro
19th January 2007, 03:54 PM
Maybe we should just let The Poms and Kiwis play 10 games straight and work out who will play us in the Finals.

It'd be more entertaining to watch than the predictable massacre.

Grunt
19th January 2007, 06:55 PM
Just saw the footage of Bell's Runout. It is one of the best comedy capers ever.

Grunt
19th January 2007, 08:51 PM
Aussies are stumbling to a win.

BrisWesty
20th January 2007, 12:03 AM
Not an exciting game of cricket, thank goodness for Hussey. So many dot balls left to go through to the keeper.
Bracken & McGrath bowled well. Australia would have won 10 overs earlier if not for Lee being highest scorer (with the ball).
Mal Love was worth watching. The swept six off Lee was almost worth the price of admission.
Was sitting up in the nosebleed section.

Jarro
20th January 2007, 06:13 AM
I would've loved to have heard the banter between Hussey and the Pommie keeper ;) He really looked to be getting under Hussey's skin towards the end there

Bruce
20th January 2007, 08:31 AM
Just another day for the season where the Poms took it up to us for a while and we stared them down. Lewis, Anderson and Flintoff bowled as well as they have all summer - shame they didn't have any runs to defend.

Nixon is just another lippy bloke with nothing to back it up. Shameless certainly had the last laugh when he smashed Freddy away twice to win the game.

And Lee's "pace" is so intimidating that he got slog-swept for 6 in his opening spell by a scrub replacement who got pulled out of NZ grade cricket. He can't even intimidate a club cricketer - no wonder internationals continue to smack him around the park.

goughy
20th January 2007, 09:56 AM
Was listening to it on ABC. On of the comentary team was talking about Loye. They were describing this insane stroke he has a reputation for - sweeping fast bowlers off the front foot for 6. No kidding, the pommie comentator was going on about it and how it is a sight to see. Then next ball he does it to Lee. It couldn't be scripted better, and man didn't they have fun talking about it.

AndyP
20th January 2007, 04:04 PM
It wasn't quite the match I wanted to see, as I would have loved to see the Aussies bat first and flog them. It did get pretty intense at times though, as another Aussie wicket would have made it interesting.

The pick of the bowlers was Bracken, while Lee was an absolute hack. It was a shame that Lee picked up two wickets.
How good were Hodge's catches, especially the first? Would have been nice if he could have backed it up with the bat, but Anderson was bowling well.

Hayden and Symonds threw their wickets away when it was tight, while others got done by good balls. But great innings by Clarke and Hussey saw us over the line and grab the bonus point.

Grunt
21st January 2007, 02:51 PM
Kiwi's have started well, NOT!! 2/13 after 7

goughy
21st January 2007, 03:00 PM
Lee was looking great against batters who are out of form/lacking confidence. Let's see how he goes against one waiting to clobber him.

Grunt
21st January 2007, 03:23 PM
NSW are playing well against the Kiwi's. How good would NSW be in the Pura Cup if their players could play in the Cup for more than the single game that most of them play.

Grunt
21st January 2007, 03:39 PM
Looks like another early finish to the cricket tonight Kiwi's 4/53. Lee has 2 and Clark has 2.

Jarro
21st January 2007, 04:27 PM
What a boring game, almost as bad as the one the other night :roll:

A word to the curator of the SCG too, i'm sure it's not in the spirit of the game to have two green strips of lush grass growing down the middle of the wicket :-s

What the hell's that all about ?????

terryand
21st January 2007, 04:28 PM
What a boring game, almost as bad as the one the other night :roll:

A word to the curator of the SCG too, i'm sure it's not in the spirit of the game to have two green strips of lush grass growing down the middle of the wicket :-s

What the hell's that all about ?????

Only in NSW would they think thats a good idea :-s I guess they thought Lee needed all the help he can get to make him look good in front of his home crowd.

Terry.

Grunt
21st January 2007, 04:29 PM
Maybe the wicket is a rebirth of one used earlier in the year and it has grown back in the areas that they had to fill after use.

Fishman Dan
21st January 2007, 07:42 PM
Only in NSW would they think thats a good idea :-s I guess they thought Lee needed all the help he can get to make him look good in front of his home crowd.

Terry.

Why not just say "Didn't Lee bowl well today"? :roll:

Jarro
21st January 2007, 07:46 PM
Clark and McGrath bowled better.

3oneday
21st January 2007, 07:56 PM
Why not just say "Didn't Lee bowl well in his first spell today"? :roll:then got carted as usual :p

Fishman Dan
21st January 2007, 07:56 PM
You whinge he doesn't take top order wickets, but he did that again. He saved Australia's bacon the other night with a superb effort with the bat, but the whinging still comes.

I notice you left out Symonds from your list?

Jarro
21st January 2007, 07:59 PM
Symonds isn't there as a spearhead bowler Dan.

He did however make a nice quickfire 30 odd .. getting us back in the game after a disasterous start :roll:

Dan, you must have Brett Lee posters on your wall .. i've never seen or heard anyone defend him as vigorously as you.

Fishman Dan
21st January 2007, 08:03 PM
Just calling it as I see it Jarro. No space for Brett Lee posters, too many of you.

Good "spearhead" out-clause. :roll:

Fishman Dan
21st January 2007, 10:26 PM
So........ how good is Hayden going.

AndyP
21st January 2007, 10:44 PM
Pretty ordinary. I wouldn't be sending him to the Caribbean.

terryand
21st January 2007, 11:20 PM
Fishy, I don't know how you can get excited with 2 or 3 good overs. When you have to bowl 10 in a match. I'll give credit for those first 2 or 3, but then he got hit out of the attack and didn't get any better when he came back on :-s

When he can consistently bowl 10 over for 3/24 like McGrath I'll be a fan.

Terry.

Jarro
22nd January 2007, 05:07 AM
So........ how good is Hayden going.

About as good as Gilchrist

3oneday
22nd January 2007, 07:27 AM
Quote from todays papers

Both were victims of Brett lee, who, like a chirping cicadas, find glorious voice once every summer.

goughy
22nd January 2007, 08:06 AM
Is McGrath hanging up the boots too soon. Wasn't it only months ago that people were saying he's out and time to step into retirement. I think it was while he was out caring for his wife.

Still out best bowler.

Fishman Dan
22nd January 2007, 09:58 AM
Fishy, I don't know how you can get excited with 2 or 3 good overs. When you have to bowl 10 in a match. I'll give credit for those first 2 or 3, but then he got hit out of the attack and didn't get any better when he came back on :-s

When he can consistently bowl 10 over for 3/24 like McGrath I'll be a fan.

Terry.

You don't need to be a fan Tez, you just have to appreciate a good spell every now and then. You're quick to criticise and reluctant to dish out praise.

Fact is that he removed 2 top order batsmen with rip-snorters. Even Clark got smashed for his wickets. I think going for 43 runs on a top batting deck (racing stripes and all) isn't a bad effort - what you haven't quoted yet much to my surprise is that he went for 26 in his final 3 overs which soured the occasion. He'll never bowl 10 overs for 30 or less.

Jarro - that's a great quote! Pity you can't claim it to be yours.

Bruce
22nd January 2007, 02:27 PM
How do Australia keep winning? They should have got done last night and somehow snuck in a win. The failed run-out was spectacularly awful. I think that was the second worst run-out attempt I have seen in my life, second only to Tuffers trying to throw the stumps down from a meter with the batsman at half pitch and missing to give up a couple of overthrows when he should have just taken a step and whipped off the bails.

Our openers need a rocket up them. There were some "interesting" LBW decisions. Brett threw away his early good work especially at the end when he was bowling at the tailenders. He seems to lose the plot when he bowls at the tail and has them not handling the short ones very well then trying to spear in a leg stump - which turns into overpitched crap in the slot for a tailender backing away. His first 15 balls were very good - but then he got dragged when Taylor took to him.

C'mon Poms and Kiwis!! You aren't far away - just gotta get a few more runs on the board.

Bruce
22nd January 2007, 02:58 PM
Jaysus Dickie! That was bog ordinary. Phil Simmons had stacked it on too and Joel Garner is now a monster of a man.

Fishman Dan
22nd January 2007, 03:26 PM
Now? He always was, until of course The Whit cut him down to size in that Toohey's ad.

Looked like a great day, although I'd like to know what was all over Richy Rich's hands to make that bat slip continually.

Jarro
22nd January 2007, 05:46 PM
BEACH CRICKET !!!!!!

you're havin a larff :p

brad
22nd January 2007, 05:58 PM
I think the viewing is free. There looked to be heaps of seats on the coverage over the weekend.

I watched the last three games. Thought the first game was great, but it got sort of monotonous after that. Still good viewing, especially for the kids who got to keep balls hit for 4 and 6 and bats that were thrown their way :)

Good use of indoor cricket rules to make the games short and punchy!

Grunt
22nd January 2007, 06:43 PM
What time was it on? I never knew it was on TV I was expecting it to be like the beach footy the other week filmed to be shown in a few weeks.

dc68
23rd January 2007, 02:59 PM
Looks likely to be another snoozefest between unco and uncoer today.

Fishman Dan
23rd January 2007, 03:41 PM
Forgot it was on. Who's losinger?

dc68
23rd January 2007, 04:54 PM
Who dares watch it for fear of falling asleep?

Jarro
23rd January 2007, 05:25 PM
Am i right in concluding that if the kiwis don't win this one they're out of the running for the finals ?

I think i'd rather play the Poms than the kiwis anyway ;)

Courty
23rd January 2007, 05:41 PM
Since I'm still in Adelaide, I was thinking of going to this tonight. Then I realised Australia wasn't playing and decided I have more fun watching the back of my eyelids.

dc68
23rd January 2007, 05:42 PM
Well Courty if you have fun watching eyelids this could be the perfect nights viewing.

Courty
23rd January 2007, 05:46 PM
Well Courty if you have fun watching eyelids this could be the perfect nights viewing.

I never said I enjoyed watching my eyelids, only that it would be more so than wasting my time going to this game. ;)

Fishman Dan
23rd January 2007, 07:19 PM
I wouldn't go too early lads. Oram managed to get something out of it, and with the Poms @ 3/30 they could get smashed.

Which is always great viewing ;)

Grunt
23rd January 2007, 07:22 PM
The problem is the Kiwi's showed in the Aussie game that they can show new ways to stuff it up.

goughy
23rd January 2007, 08:11 PM
Courty, I think Aussie/Pommie game in adelaide on friday ;) ;) ;)

Grunt
23rd January 2007, 09:00 PM
Kiwi's just might get the win plus the bonus point.

goughy
23rd January 2007, 10:07 PM
In my best Gomer Pile voice "Well Golly".

Kiwi's were favourites too.

Courty
24th January 2007, 09:41 AM
Courty, I think Aussie/Pommie game in adelaide on friday ;) ;) ;)

I'm flying home on Thursday. :oops:

Grunt
26th January 2007, 04:20 PM
Another Early night going to happen
30 Overs
8/106

3oneday
26th January 2007, 04:22 PM
Another Early night going to happen
30 Overs
8/106oh, so if you are updating everyone, shouldn't you include who is playing/batting ? oh, we are watching it, that's right :p

:lol:

Grunt
26th January 2007, 04:22 PM
oops the poms are the one's 8 for 106

Grunt
26th January 2007, 04:24 PM
Is good, it is going to be over in time to switch to Fox to watch Sydney FC V Newcastle Jets in the A league.

AndyP
26th January 2007, 04:41 PM
All out. There's one word that comes to mind when watching the Poms....Shit.

If only the double bonus point was available, like the domestic comp.

goughy
26th January 2007, 05:10 PM
Play a 20/20 after the match. They should be able to get the first 20 overs done before the scheduled tea;)

Grunt
26th January 2007, 05:16 PM
Gee isn't Hayden really struggling 1 off 16 and Gilly 22 off 15, he is in danger of not going to the Wes INdies for the World Cup.

Jarro
26th January 2007, 09:18 PM
was there a game on :roll:

Grunt
26th January 2007, 09:21 PM
Would not call it a game, maybe a centre pitch net session

Grunt
27th January 2007, 04:58 PM
Gee Darren Gough just gave it to the Pommy selectors at the Beach Cricket game. He was asked if he would play in the one day side if asked, his reply "they said I am not fit enough" he seemed like he was giving them the finger bigtime. Who else reckons they should give him a go?

Bruce
27th January 2007, 05:23 PM
Worst! One Day! Series! EVER!

The world cup squads are decided in 2 weeks and this is our lead up form guide. FFS! Will England win a game before their home series? Kiwis' depth is questionable but they still got smashed too.

goughy
28th January 2007, 03:57 PM
I'm a Qld'er through and through - maybe the most Qld'er here. I've only spent a cumulative 36 hours out of the state in my life. I've always been a supporter of Haden's..............

But even I've gotta say it's well and truely time.

And that hurts..

Jarro
28th January 2007, 03:59 PM
he's had two lives already and the game is only 6 overs old :(

AndyP
28th January 2007, 04:05 PM
Hayden has been dropped by everyone, except the selectors.

Jarro
28th January 2007, 04:06 PM
He'll probably go on and score well today after the dropped chances ;)

Grunt
28th January 2007, 04:07 PM
He normally saves his ass just as they are about to drop him.

goughy
28th January 2007, 04:15 PM

I'll buy that for a dollar!

perci
28th January 2007, 05:15 PM
I'd love to see the photo's he has got of the selectors,it must be a RIPPER.

Grunt
28th January 2007, 05:33 PM
Got to ask, is this series actually doing the rest of the cricket world a favour. Blokes like Hayden will make the world cup squad and will face real opposition in the world cup and fail.

Grunt
28th January 2007, 07:16 PM
Can NZ forfiet now and stop the pain of watching it? They will have to change the name to the 3/4 day series (sometimes 1/2)

AndyP
28th January 2007, 07:29 PM
Shit performance by the Aussies. Where's this 400 runs in an innings they promised us?

How good was Hussey's cover drive for 6? It just looked so easy. Surely it's the modern day bats that make it so easy for them now???

FWIW I'll be watching the tennis instead of the NZ innings.

goughy
28th January 2007, 07:41 PM
It's worth nothing..... I figured you'd be watching the tennis regardless.

Was that the luckiest century in cricket? I swear, when Hayden went down to the crossroads and sold his soul to the devil for a place in the aussie team, he forgot to mention that he wanted it to appear performance based rather than enchanted....

He should ask for his soul back.

Jarro
28th January 2007, 08:00 PM
He was lucky sure, but capitalised on it thoroughly ... as a good player should.

He'll be going to the World Cup for sure now.

Fishman Dan
30th January 2007, 08:02 AM

Pure gold AP. Thanks for keeping the momentum up in my absence. Good to see him make runs but lets face it, someone who gets dropped 3 times should have made that many and more. Simple chances too.

I scanned quickly but couldn't find anything about Lee's sensational performance - 8 overs, 2 maidens, 1 for 8. Shame to have missed it...

AndyP
30th January 2007, 09:22 AM
It's hard to praise any Australian's performance against the hacks they are playing. It should be expected.

Grunt
30th January 2007, 06:53 PM
How did the Kiwi's go this afternoon?, was at work so have not even seen any scores yet.

terryand
30th January 2007, 06:57 PM
Pure gold AP. Thanks for keeping the momentum up in my absence. Good to see him make runs but lets face it, someone who gets dropped 3 times should have made that many and more. Simple chances too.

I scanned quickly but couldn't find anything about Lee's sensational performance - 8 overs, 2 maidens, 1 for 8. Shame to have missed it...

You NSWelshmen have a short memory. Wasn't too long ago when Taylor and Waugh where given endless time to retire on their own terms and were passengers for well over a year :-s

Terry.

Grunt
30th January 2007, 07:08 PM
Bloody Nine pretending the coverage is live after Current Affair and the News. they are 5 overs behind :(

Jarro
30th January 2007, 07:42 PM
This is shaping up to be a pretty competitive match.

Kiwis have made 300+ on a pretty good wicket, if the Poms don't selfdesturct like they do against us, they are a big chance of making the runs

Grunt
30th January 2007, 07:44 PM
Poms have no chance, this will be almost over after 10 overs.

Jarro
30th January 2007, 07:58 PM
it's not a Souths game Grant ;)

Grunt
30th January 2007, 08:07 PM
Yeah. I agree, not many teams will last longer than 30 mins against them this year.

AndyP
30th January 2007, 09:25 PM
You must be the only 2 people watching the match.

Courty
30th January 2007, 09:58 PM
How good is the Kiwi's fielding tonight. :roll:

Grunt
31st January 2007, 08:03 AM
Did the Kiwi's win it? I stopped watching it at 4/100 odd.

Grunt
31st January 2007, 08:05 AM
Sort of Off Topic.

By Robert Craddock
January 31, 2007

QUEENSLAND cricket officials fear their state could be banned from hosting Test and other international matches because they are unable to sign a new sponsorship agreement.

Officials have arranged an emergency meeting with long-time sponsors Fourex today in a bid to solve a crisis which could see the state stripped of Test and first-class matches.
Cricket Australia has decreed that for states to be eligible to host major matches they must sign a new sponsorship agreement aimed at ensuring there is no conflict of interest between ground advertising and CA's major sponsors.
The document must be signed by Monday but Queensland officials have received strong legal advice not to sign it because it would breach a contract the state has with its long-time backer Fourex, which is in direct competition with Cricket Australia's partner Foster's.
The issue will be thrashed out at what is expected to be an animated CA board meeting in Melbourne on Monday.
CA is hopeful that the meeting will sort out next summer's draw which tentatively includes a Test against Sri Lanka in Brisbane in November.
"The way it stands we can't sign the agreement because our legal advice says if we do then Fourex can take legal action against us," Queensland Cricket chief executive Graham Dixon said.
"At the moment there is no solution. Hopefully there will be one. Our position is we have not acted inappropriately."
Dixon conceded that unless Queensland signed the document or a compromise was reached, technically "it means Queensland can't host any matches . . . international or domestic".
Despite its new sponsorship rules, CA has a charter to be fair and equitable about its distribution of international matches and it would therefore be a major surprise if Queensland lost its Test.
Asked whether Queensland could be in danger of losing its major international matches, CA spokesman Peter Young said: "That is a decision for the board."
CA is following a blueprint of other sporting codes and trying to get its grounds "clean" of rival sponsors.
"We are sympathetic to that point of view but this is the sixth year of an eight-year contract with Fourex," Dixon said.
"Fourex has been our major sponsor sine 1993 and as a state sporting body we are not in the business of breaking contracts."
Tension between brewery giants Foster's and Fourex heightened this summer when Fourex started its beach cricket series featuring teams from Australia, England and West Indies.
Test great Allan Border, who agreed to skipper the Australia beach cricket team, was forced to resign as a national selector as part of a damage control measure to appease angry sponsor Foster's.
Queensland Cricket was urged by CA before the first Ashes Test to persuade Fourex to replace beach cricket signs at the Gabba with those simply promoting the beer. Fourex refused to budge and the signs stayed.
http://network.news.com.au/images/h14_thecouriermail.gif (http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/?from=ni_story%22)

Grunt
31st January 2007, 08:10 AM
SCG tickets that nobody wants

By Josh Massoud
January 31, 2007
A MERE three months earlier, the thought of paying $5 for a ticket to the cricket at the Sydney Cricket Ground would have applied solely to Pura Cup games.
But following a summer of dreadful England surrenders, tickets for the one-day series are now being flogged for the price of a light beer in the outer.
In a remarkable turnaround in public perception, seats for Friday's Australia-England day-nighter at the SCG were going for $5 each on the resale market yesterday.
It's a bargain-bazaar price that makes the halcyon days of England's arrival for the most hyped summer in the history of cricket seem much longer than three months ago.
Then, desperate punters were engaged in online scrambles for tickets. Now they are a back in cyberspace - but instead the scramble is about offloading the same gems they fought so hard to secure.
The Daily Telegraph yesterday watched as four tickets in the Doug Walters stand for Friday's game sold on eBay for the miserable sum of $20.50 - just over $5 each.
Ten minutes before bidding was due to end, the single digit price began to rise at the same painful rate as England's run-rate for much of the summer.
It inched up in 50c increments, until the winning bid was tendered at less than 10 per cent of face value.
Other sellers have fared a bit better - with some managing to recoup half their costs from a largely ambivalent market.
Priced at $162, two "Silver category" tickets in the O'Reilly Stand sold for $51.07. Another pair of equal value fetched $80.
But hundreds came and went without a single offer.
One "regular seller", known only as Stuart, rated yesterday's bear market as the most grizzly he had encountered.
"We are hurting and people should take this opportunity," he said.
"There is no point in auctioning the tickets - I am just selling them at below cost to begin with."
England's woeful slide - iced with its embarrassing 10-wicket daylight defeat by Australia in Adelaide - has wiped out interest and demand.
Now desperate to offload spares for Friday night, Stuart is even guaranteeing a full refund should England's innings not reach 200 at the SCG.
"It's just died off completely," Stuart said.
"Ever since the last couple of games the interest around the England games has been non-existent."
The Barmy Army's Australian head Craig Gill is in a similar predicament, still holding scores of tickets abandoned by fed-up compatriots who returned home early in disgust.
"I just can't give 'em away," Gill said.
It's a sentiment shared by regular punters.
In the past, Sydneysider Kristen Hopkins has been a avid cricket-goer.
The Aussie fanatic secured two tickets for Friday's game, but, fearful of another flogging, will not even bother going.
"I'm sick of it, mate," he said.
"After England scored 110 in Adelaide, I just don't want to go any more.
"It's a waste of my time. I don't know who on earth would want to buy them. I'd give them away if I could."
An eBay spokeswoman said the scenario was "unexpected".
"Given how quickly the Ashes and international matches sold out last year, we have seen an unexpected rise in people selling tickets to the remaining cricket matches in Sydney," the spokeswoman said.
"Many of the tickets sold have been significantly under face value - some as little as 10 per cent of the original price."
Cricket NSW last night confirmed the match was not yet a sell-out, with 300 tickets still available through Ticketek.
http://network.news.com.au/images/h14_dailytelegraph.gif (http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/?from=ni_story%22)

raidrboy
31st January 2007, 01:52 PM
Sort of Off Topic.

By Robert Craddock
January 31, 2007

QUEENSLAND cricket officials fear their state could be banned from hosting Test and other international matches because they are unable to sign a new sponsorship agreement.

Officials have arranged an emergency meeting with long-time sponsors Fourex today in a bid to solve a crisis which could see the state stripped of Test and first-class matches.
Cricket Australia has decreed that for states to be eligible to host major matches they must sign a new sponsorship agreement aimed at ensuring there is no conflict of interest between ground advertising and CA's major sponsors.
The document must be signed by Monday but Queensland officials have received strong legal advice not to sign it because it would breach a contract the state has with its long-time backer Fourex, which is in direct competition with Cricket Australia's partner Foster's.
The issue will be thrashed out at what is expected to be an animated CA board meeting in Melbourne on Monday.
CA is hopeful that the meeting will sort out next summer's draw which tentatively includes a Test against Sri Lanka in Brisbane in November.
"The way it stands we can't sign the agreement because our legal advice says if we do then Fourex can take legal action against us," Queensland Cricket chief executive Graham Dixon said.
"At the moment there is no solution. Hopefully there will be one. Our position is we have not acted inappropriately."
Dixon conceded that unless Queensland signed the document or a compromise was reached, technically "it means Queensland can't host any matches . . . international or domestic".
Despite its new sponsorship rules, CA has a charter to be fair and equitable about its distribution of international matches and it would therefore be a major surprise if Queensland lost its Test.
Asked whether Queensland could be in danger of losing its major international matches, CA spokesman Peter Young said: "That is a decision for the board."
CA is following a blueprint of other sporting codes and trying to get its grounds "clean" of rival sponsors.
"We are sympathetic to that point of view but this is the sixth year of an eight-year contract with Fourex," Dixon said.
"Fourex has been our major sponsor sine 1993 and as a state sporting body we are not in the business of breaking contracts."
Tension between brewery giants Foster's and Fourex heightened this summer when Fourex started its beach cricket series featuring teams from Australia, England and West Indies.
Test great Allan Border, who agreed to skipper the Australia beach cricket team, was forced to resign as a national selector as part of a damage control measure to appease angry sponsor Foster's.
Queensland Cricket was urged by CA before the first Ashes Test to persuade Fourex to replace beach cricket signs at the Gabba with those simply promoting the beer. Fourex refused to budge and the signs stayed.
http://network.news.com.au/images/h14_thecouriermail.gif (http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/?from=ni_story%22)

Just play all the tests in Melbourne, problem solved.

poidda
31st January 2007, 02:19 PM
What a load of shyte! Does that mean that any team sponsored by a bank or insurance firm shouldn't play at Suncorp Stadium?

Actually aren't the broncos sponsored by NRMA insurance?

Grunt
31st January 2007, 02:25 PM
What a load of shyte! Does that mean that any team sponsored by a bank or insurance firm shouldn't play at Suncorp Stadium?

Actually aren't the broncos sponsored by NRMA insurance? I know in the NRL there are quite a few sponsorship deals that have fallen through because the NRL would not allow teams to be sponsored by competitors of their major Sponsors. Vodafone was denied to a Aussie based club but allowed for the warriors because it was in NZ not Australia. I know QANTAS has asked the NRL to make sure that no other airline sponsor a team in the NRL.

brad
31st January 2007, 05:56 PM
Grant, the answer to your original question is yes, the kiwis won it, although you probably know that by now.

Jarro
2nd February 2007, 04:29 PM
Game on today ... Poms are 1/153 after 31 overs :shock:

Courty
2nd February 2007, 04:35 PM
Holy crap! Who's been bowling? Gilchrist?!

Jarro
2nd February 2007, 04:39 PM
All the bowlers have gone for plenty

Courty
2nd February 2007, 04:42 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/common/imagedata/0,5001,5377675,00.jpg

Ahahahhaa!

Jarro
2nd February 2007, 04:49 PM
good thing it wasn't Tait that was bowling that delivery ... he's been pushing Bret Lee for the fastest ball bowled this summer

AndyP
2nd February 2007, 04:54 PM
I'd forgotten about it, until I saw this thread. Turn it on, and my mate Whitey gets a wicket.

goughy
2nd February 2007, 05:32 PM
And this is the game they couldn't get rid of tickets for. Ha Ha.

Grunt
2nd February 2007, 05:42 PM
Still going to be almost a sell out Goughy

Jarro
2nd February 2007, 05:43 PM
looks like a lot of empty seats to me

Grunt
2nd February 2007, 05:48 PM
May fill up once the people finish work.

goughy
2nd February 2007, 05:58 PM
People couldn't sell their tickets to thsi game remember. That's why it'll be a sellout. Mayb e they'll decide to head down now.

3oneday
2nd February 2007, 06:02 PM
McGrath shouldn't be going to the World Cup, and neither should Tait.

McGrath has been smacked at the death more than ever lately....

Grunt
2nd February 2007, 06:07 PM
McGrath should have retired with Warnie.

Grunt
2nd February 2007, 06:22 PM
Maybe will get a one day Match rather than the 1/2 and 3/4 ones we have been given so far.

AndyP
2nd February 2007, 06:23 PM
Who's taking bets on how many overs it takes the Aussies? I'll put my cash on 28.

Fishman Dan
2nd February 2007, 06:25 PM
England win by 65 runs.

Symonds a 10 ball-duck.

Grunt
2nd February 2007, 06:25 PM
How much can I have on that not happening?

Fishman Dan
2nd February 2007, 06:42 PM
I was on a plane, i've just found out the team of spastics we've put on the field.

Tait dropped Joyce on 6, then conceded 68 including 9 wides.
Hodge out. 2 for 4. Hodge now has scores of 0 and 1. There is a god.

England by 165, and name your price.

Grunt
2nd February 2007, 06:51 PM
Hodge has got March/April free now.

AndyP
2nd February 2007, 06:51 PM
He'll be busy in the Shield Final, I believe.

Jarro
2nd February 2007, 06:52 PM
Who's taking bets on how many overs it takes the Aussies? I'll put my cash on 28.

I'll take some of that thankyou ;)

Grunt
2nd February 2007, 06:53 PM
Can I have $50 AP?

Fishman Dan
2nd February 2007, 07:11 PM
I forgot to add Monty will take 6 when he comes on. Clarke not out 70 at the death.

Jarro
2nd February 2007, 07:33 PM
stupid shot from Clarke :p

we're in the shite now ... 3/46

terryand
2nd February 2007, 07:38 PM
I forgot to add Monty will take 6 when he comes on. Clarke not out 70 at the death.

Was that Clarke or Clark :mrgreen:

Terry.

Jarro
2nd February 2007, 07:39 PM

Terry.

:lol:

Haydos is looking in good nick ;)

Fishman Dan
2nd February 2007, 07:57 PM

Terry.

I've still got no idea which is which... but that's the worst shot i've seen for a long time. I haven't seen Hodge's dismissal (thanks Current Affair :evil:), but it can't be worse than that.

AndyP
2nd February 2007, 07:58 PM
Great stuff by the Aussies. Kiwis stopped us from getting in the finals a couple of years ago by exploiting the bonus points system, now we're attempting to turn the tables.

And wouldn't you prefer to play the Poms in the final?

3oneday
2nd February 2007, 08:03 PM
I haven't seen Hodge's dismissal (thanks Current Affair :evil:), but it can't be worse than that.Hodges was worse, gutless indecision... back to state cricket for good now :p

Jarro
2nd February 2007, 08:08 PM
Looks like the Aussies have decided to go down swinging (if indeed they are to lose this game)

I have to say the pitch looks great and the outfield is pure ... no reason why they really couldn't make the runs required anyway

Fishman Dan
2nd February 2007, 08:55 PM
They need Brett Lee to bat for the draw.

Grunt
2nd February 2007, 08:56 PM
Better watching the A league semi. Was a bit of biff too, Sydney down a man already. 0-0 Halftime

Grunt
2nd February 2007, 08:58 PM
Game over now 6/160, go watch the a league

Jarro
2nd February 2007, 09:38 PM
the loss we needed to have.

That's what i reckon anyway ;)

Grunt
2nd February 2007, 09:46 PM
This whole series has made us think they can't be beaten, the other teams that can actually play are rubbing their hands together. I seriously doubt they will defend the World Cup.

AndyP
2nd February 2007, 09:58 PM
Settle down, Grunt. It's one day cricket, and it's bloody hard to win every single match.

Cricket Australia deserve a big pat on the back. They've just ensured more bums on seats for the next two games in the series.

Grunt
2nd February 2007, 10:00 PM
The Aussies have played crap when pressured for years and when they were pressured by a crap side they folded yet again.

3oneday
3rd February 2007, 03:14 AM
The Aussies have played crap when pressured for years and when they were pressured by a crap side they folded yet again.yeah nice one Damo :p

Rotation policy at work ?? several factors and the simple fact is they bowled crap... it happens. Plus the backup #3 sucks ;)

PeteyD
3rd February 2007, 05:34 AM
They didn't get the miracle partnership to pull em out of the poop. Who was the genius that told me it wasn't worth betting on England to win any of their remaining matches ...

Fishman Dan
3rd February 2007, 07:40 AM
Cricket Australia will be very happy with the result, and Ricky sudden mystery injury. Perhaps they also rigged the first ball of the innings for Australia!

Just saw the Hodge dismissal on the Fox replay, talk about fish out of water. I think his is worse than Clarke's, at least Clarke knew he wanted to hit the thing!

terryand
3rd February 2007, 09:58 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21166972-23212,00.html

Oh well, there goes the world cup :-s

Terry.

Fishman Dan
3rd February 2007, 11:18 PM
They didn't comment on the World Cup, but you get a feeling that if it's serious enough for the knife then he's going to struggle to start in the World Cup.

Don't worry though, we'll have Watson back :rolleyes:

Anyone see the chat with Ponting about who he will take to the WC? The following commentry from Tubbs contradicted just about everything Ponting suggested. 6 fast bowlers?!

Jarro
4th February 2007, 06:13 AM
Pity about Symonds getting that injury .. he's a real match-winner on his day :)

3oneday
4th February 2007, 07:24 AM
Yeah, in comes Watson :p :p :p

So now we will have Watson and mini Warne either getting 50 or nothin :p

Jarro
4th February 2007, 05:17 PM
Kiwis are putting up a bit of a fight

Courty
4th February 2007, 05:20 PM
Kiwis are putting up a bit of a fight

Where have I heard that before? :roll:

Grunt
4th February 2007, 05:25 PM
Slowing down a little now, might get 270-280.

Jarro
4th February 2007, 05:45 PM
Good to see Brett Lee is resticting them in the final overs.

:roll:

Grunt
4th February 2007, 06:03 PM
Will be another Aussie loss I reckon, the batsman are not in good enough form to win this. If they do they will score the highest 2nd innings win ever at the MCG.

3oneday
4th February 2007, 06:14 PM
Be good to see Brad Hodge get... some runs at least :roll:

Even my wife reckons the Aussies look bored !!!

AndyP
4th February 2007, 06:19 PM
The Aussies were robbed. Dean Jones clearly didn't nick that ball through to the keeper.

Fishman Dan
4th February 2007, 06:40 PM
Clever play. Just raising their price for the World Cup.

No Symonds. Watson and perhaps (hopefully) Hodge into the team. White in for his batting skills it seems.... who wouldn't bet on the Aussies?!

goughy
4th February 2007, 09:43 PM
i think hodge may have found his feet. some great batting to watch. and why am i typing this from my pda rather than going and getting ourtaptop ?

AndyP
4th February 2007, 10:05 PM
Who said he can't bat? He averages 50 in ODIs.

Of course, if the selectors are consistent, they'll drop him like they did for the tests.

Jarro
5th February 2007, 12:19 AM
now i know why the Kiwis hate us so much :p

Great win to the Aussies, Ponting is a master batsman 8)

BrisWesty
5th February 2007, 09:14 AM
According to Lou Vincent the Aussies are master baiters.

Jarro
5th February 2007, 10:27 AM
According to Lou Vincent the Aussies are master baiters.

He'd know all about that

dc68
5th February 2007, 12:07 PM
And the fugger was actually born in Oz along with Styris.

Jarro
6th February 2007, 06:44 PM
Poms have set the Kiwis a target of 271.

Does anybody really care who we play in the finals ?

Moe Norman
6th February 2007, 06:47 PM
i'd like england to make the finals - we can;t have them leaving the country on the back of a win against the aussies.

AndyP
6th February 2007, 09:46 PM
Here's the finals squad.

Australian squad: R. Ponting (c), A. Gilchrist (vc), M. Hussey, B. Hodge, M. Hayden, M. Clarke, G. McGrath, B. Lee, N. Bracken, B. Hogg, M. Johnson, S. Watson, C. White

Clark must feel pretty ripped off to be dropped.

Fishman Dan
6th February 2007, 10:01 PM
I don't understand Cam White's inclusion then. He's not being used as a bowler, and not getting much of a bat. Clark would have every reason to feel ripped off.

Jarro
7th February 2007, 06:19 AM
White had to be in there now that Symonds is out. He'll give them t he big-hitting they want lower down the order for sure.

Maybe Clark is just being rested before the WC ???

3oneday
7th February 2007, 07:20 AM
Maybe Clark is just being rested before the WC ???according to the papers, the selectors reckon he doesn't react well when a batsman goes after him. Richie reckons he also bowls too many full tosses when under pressure.

I guess we'll see, there was carry on here (Sydney rag) about Watson in, Clark out, but we know what that's all about ;).

Let's just hope that McGrath doesn't get carted in the finals ;)

goughy
7th February 2007, 07:43 AM
The ABC radio guys were talking in a similar way about him a week or 2 ago. I think they consider him the opposite of Braken. Good in one form, but not working in the other.

It is strange that he was such a good test bowler. But I spose they're not trying to hit you for 16 an over in a test, so the pressure is less.

AndyP
7th February 2007, 09:34 AM
Series stats:
Name, Wkts, Ave, Eco
Glenn McGrath, 11, 19.18, 4.40
Stuart Clark, 10, 29.00, 5.47
Nathan Bracken, 9, 28.44, 4.86
Mitchell Johnson, 9, 25.89, 4.85
Brett Lee, 8, 28.50, 4.75

Pick Johnson instead of Lee?

3oneday
7th February 2007, 09:37 AM
I wonder what their stats read like for the past 2 (or 3) games when we have struggled to get the teams out ?

or... maybe the stats are flattering given the routing early in the series ?

dc68
7th February 2007, 10:01 AM
I don't understand Cam White's inclusion then. He's not being used as a bowler, and not getting much of a bat. Clark would have every reason to feel ripped off.

Then Brett the "pieman" must be feeling extremely lucky.

Fishman Dan
7th February 2007, 10:05 AM
On current form that may be the case, but it would be pretty hard to drop him in lieu of several bowlers who haven't had much exposure to world cricket.

AndyP
7th February 2007, 11:34 AM
Or third world cricket, which is the case for the current series.

poidda
7th February 2007, 11:45 AM
And what sort of a bonus do the Aussie players get now that England are in the final series?

dc68
7th February 2007, 11:50 AM
The bonus of being able to really stick it fair up the pommy ****s.

terryand
7th February 2007, 01:36 PM
I don't think we will hear a whimper out of the Poms in the finals. They played their final last night.

The way they carried on was if they won the final and not right to be in the finals :-s

Terry.

Moe Norman
7th February 2007, 06:27 PM
I rate Clark as a world class test bowler, but I don't think he has shown that he can adjust his immaculate line and length to suit the situation.

He lacks variation in many regards.

Jarro
7th February 2007, 06:30 PM
He's not our best one-day bowler by a long shot, but he's cemented his place in the Test side for years to come i believe.

Good to see Johnson bowl well in his limited appearances, i think he could thrive in the one-day arena, he seems to be pretty creative.

Anyone give Roy a chance of making it to the West Indies ?

Grunt
7th February 2007, 07:17 PM
Anyone give Roy a chance of making it to the West Indies ?

I think even he has given up on making it.
Would be too big a risk to name him and not be able to replace him. Funny rules for the world cup selections I think they have to be in with the organisers by the end of this week.

Fishman Dan
9th February 2007, 03:25 PM
Anyone listening to ABC cricket commentary would have just heard the Chappell - Hadlee series team.

Not present - R. Ponting, A. Gilchrist.
Called up - Haddin, Voges.

Captain - M. Hussey.
VC - The Future of Australian Cricket.

Apparently there is sound medical advice to rest Ponting for the who-cares 3 game cup, and Gilchrist isn't getting any younger.

AndyP
9th February 2007, 03:35 PM
Get rid of the Chappell-Hadlee yearly series FFS.