PDA

View Full Version : Grunt's Golf Adventure - Trying to get back on that Horse!

Grunt
2nd January 2007, 09:03 PM
Hi all
Who is available for a game or 2 next week. I will be off Tuesday to Friday. One of those days I will be making the trek up to Kooindah Waters to play my rain check round from mid last year. Should be able to play 2 of the other days too, i have to organise a car service that week too.

Grunt
3rd January 2007, 06:43 PM
Ok, during today's round I did make a statement about giving up on playing for a while but this is not going to happen. I am going to go by the age old rule, if you fall off the horse the sooner you get back on the better. Next weeks plan is:

Tuesday: Golf Somewhere
Wednesday: Golf Somewhere/Lesson
Thursday: Kooindah Waters
Friday: Golf SomewhereSo I am open to offers if anyone is off next week.

Fishman Dan
3rd January 2007, 08:52 PM
How many times has this horse kicked you?

Grunt
3rd January 2007, 08:54 PM
Lots, and I keep coming back for more. :)

Pinglauncher
4th January 2007, 08:48 AM
Ok, during today's round I did make a statement about giving up on playing for a while but this is not going to happen. I am going to go by the age old rule, if you fall off the horse the sooner you get back on the better. Next weeks plan is:

Tuesday: Golf Somewhere
Wednesday: Golf Somewhere/Lesson
Thursday: Kooindah Waters
Friday: Golf SomewhereSo I am open to offers if anyone is off next week.

Grant, my leave starts next week. Nathan and I are booked in for Carnarvon on Tuesday but we would both be up for a hit somewhere on the Friday.

Grunt
5th January 2007, 12:33 PM
Going to have a hit with some mates @ Beverley Park on Tuesday morning. Good for a game somewhere Friday, no preferences for where only prefer morning tee off not too late as it is Rachelle's Birthday.

Grunt
5th January 2007, 09:46 PM
Another Day and more changes after Sunday night at work I don't go back for a fortnight :p. I have decided to take a break from work and have taken 4 days leave to give me such a break. I may go away for the weekend on the 12th but I will be free for a hit on the following week too.
Anyone else off work?

Pinglauncher
6th January 2007, 04:13 PM
Going to have a hit with some mates @ Beverley Park on Tuesday morning. Good for a game somewhere Friday, no preferences for where only prefer morning tee off not too late as it is Rachelle's Birthday.

Weather prediction for Friday is 37 degrees. Not too sure I want to play in that sort of weather.

May wait for a few days to see if their predictions change.

Grunt
6th January 2007, 04:37 PM
No worries Chris, but since when has the weather predictions been correct more than a few hours before the forecast. It will probably piss down rain now.

Grunt
7th January 2007, 03:14 PM
Tuesday - Beverley Park morning / Lesson
Wednesday - Bankstown
Thursday -
Friday - ? - ping & Ping Jnr depending on weather
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
Thursday -
Friday -Nothing else set in concrete, will no doubt play some comps in the weeks to come. Anyone else off?

Grunt
9th January 2007, 04:30 PM
A few changes, going to play Bankstown tomorrow, Kooindah is dropped. I rang and got my voucher extended till the end of the month.

Grunt
9th January 2007, 09:35 PM
So Ping, with the warm/Hot weather still predicted for Thursday & Friday, does that mean you are out for golf on Friday.

Moe Norman
10th January 2007, 12:15 AM
got the car booked in?

Grunt
10th January 2007, 05:11 AM
got the car booked in?

? Car service was done on Monday.

Fishman Dan
10th January 2007, 08:04 AM
Thanks Moe.... Grant was going for a record in consecutive posts and you ruined it!

Pinglauncher
10th January 2007, 05:13 PM
So Ping, with the warm/Hot weather still predicted for Thursday & Friday, does that mean you are out for golf on Friday.

Grant 39* might see me in a lot of places but a golf course isn't one of them. I think it might be a good day to take the kids to the pictures.

Grunt
10th January 2007, 05:54 PM
No Worries, some other time.

Grunt
11th January 2007, 07:49 PM
Going to attempt to play Macarthur Grange in the morning before it gets too hot. May even be able to play OK with the little tips I got today at my lesson. If anyone else is keen I will be there about 6:30 hoping to tee off by 7. Should be finished in around 3.5 hours and well before the heat gets up too much.

Grunt
12th January 2007, 05:39 AM
Anyone keen for Bonnie Doon on Monday?
$45 when booked through Golf link. The tee times available were mid morning, 10:30ish onwards.

Grunt
13th January 2007, 05:39 AM
Well the first week may be almost over but the improvements to my game have a little bit to go.

Tuesday - Beverley Park 32 points- played ok can be better
Wednesday - Bankstown 27 points- 4 bad holes cost me the mental game let me down, brain explosions:oops:
Thursday - lessons
Friday - Macarthur Grange - 36 points- played the best game in ages with the mental game staying together to score after some bad holes.So today I play again at Macarthur Grange, good for some more fine tuning, the swing changes are becoming more entrenched in the muscle memory too.
Next week is as follows

Monday - Bonnie Doon - a maybe at this stage
Tuesday - Cromer
Wednesday - Leura
Thursday ?
Friday - Twin Creeks
Saturday - Macarthur GrangeI know it is a lot of golf but I just need to do it to get my game back on track.

3oneday
13th January 2007, 06:18 AM
I know it is a lot of golf but I just need to do it to get my game back on track.isn't this described as obsessive compulsive ???

Good luck to you, but after playing golf for 25+ years I find 2 games a week to be more than enough... generally a diet of one game a week keeps the enthusiasm high.

Jarro
13th January 2007, 08:21 AM
isn't this described as obsessive compulsive ???

Well if anybody would know it'd be you :p

;)

3oneday
13th January 2007, 08:24 AM
Well if anybody would know it'd be you :p

;)nice putter :p

for a dwarf

Jarro
13th January 2007, 08:26 AM
nice putter :p

for a dwarf

ouch :(

well, at least it isn't my 5th club ... THIS YEAR :p

:lol:

3oneday
13th January 2007, 08:28 AM
ouch :(

well, at least it isn't my 5th club ... THIS YEAR :p

:lol:pfft, I have only changed a putter this year. The fact I have changed it 3 times is irrelevent :p

goughy
13th January 2007, 08:42 AM
Tuesday - Beverley Park
Wednesday - Bankstown
Thursday - lesson
Friday - Macarthur Grange -
Next week is as follows
Monday - Bonnie Doon - a maybe at this stage
Tuesday - Cromer
Wednesday - Leura
Thursday ?
Friday - Twin Creeks
Saturday - Macarthur GrangeI know it is a lot of golf but I just need to do it to get my game back on track.

Hey grunt, can you get your wife to call my wife and have a chat to her about how you play all this golf. You're about to play almost as many games in 2 weeks as I managed to play in the last year. And I squeezed to get those in!! :smt116 (that smilie is pointing to his green eye of jealousy :) )

Fishman Dan
13th January 2007, 01:35 PM
I know it is a lot of golf but I just need to do it to get my game back on track.

Ever heard of "Less is more"?

Grunt
13th January 2007, 01:39 PM
Well it is starting to work I shot 38 today and in all honesty a few putts drop and it is well over 40. My game is coming back.

Grunt
14th January 2007, 08:22 PM
Playing @ Liverpool tomorrow to see if I can keep the good run happening. :)

Grunt
18th January 2007, 05:08 PM
The shaky run of golf is all but over with only 2 games to go before I go back to work on Monday. Hopefully tomorrow will be an enjoyable day at a good golf course, going to take it as a fun round. Thing is with the small field I could get it right and win.
http://www.coachcam.com.au/images/newsletter/newsletter_banner.gif (http://www.coachcam.com.au/)
http://www.coachcam.com.au/images/newsletter/left_sub_heading_panel.gif ANGOSTURA MONTHLY CHALLENGE COMING SOON !!!! http://www.coachcam.com.au/site/files/newsletter_ads/3be9becf29a9241d4e5153c03fa02c42.JPG (http://www.angostura.com/)
ANGOSTURA MONTHLY CHALLENGE (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/#article94)
Keep your CoachCam details up to date (http://www.coachcam.com.au/site/my_details.php),
Don't want to receive this newsletter anymore? Opt-Out (http://www.coachcam.com.au/site/opt_out.php?a=YToyOntzOjI6ImlkIjtzOjU6IjM3MzMwIjtz OjU6ImNoZWNrIjtzOjMyOiI5YjA3NGJkYzBiYjg0OTg1ZDQ0Y2 FkNTNkOGJkYTAyYiI7fQ%3D%3D),
CoachCam main page (http://www.coachcam.com.au/).ANGOSTURA MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Welcome to the newest event on your golfing calendar!

THE

ANGOSTURA MONTHLY CHALLENGE.

CoachCam along with Angostura, have formed a strong alliance to bring you an exciting series of events in 2007.

Each month you have the opportunity to play some of Sydney's newest golf courses accompanied by a golf professional. The format for the events is a single stableford for both amateurs and professionals and all ties will be decided by a countback.

$1200 in prizes are up for grabs each month for the amateurs and the pros will play for $1000 in prize money.

Throughout the year "The CoachCam Leaderboard" will be run with points being allocated for playing in each event and players will also receive additional points for finishing in the top 10. At year end the winner of the Order of Merit will receive a full set of golf clubs fitted by a PGA professional.

A schedule for 2007 is listed below and we hope to see all of you at these events.

Good Golfing!

The CoachCam Team

2007 SCHEDULE

SCHEDULE:

Friday Jan 19th (Twin Creeks)

Friday Feb 23rd (Kooindah Waters)

Thursday March 29th (Twin Creeks)

Friday April 20th (Mt Broughton)

Friday May 25th (Camden Lakeside)

Friday June22nd (Twin Creeks)

Monday July 23rd (The Vintage & Dinner Sunday 22nd)*

Friday August 24th (Twin Creeks)

Friday September 21st (Kooindah Waters)

Friday October 26th (Twin Creeks)

Friday November 16th (Mt Broughton)

Friday December 14th (Twin Creeks)

*accommodation packages available please contact Loraine or Chris

FORMAT

·12 events

·Single Stableford

·Ties decided by count back

·Championship Tees – Men

·Ladies Tees - Ladies

MONTHLY PRIZES

AMATEURS

1st Place prize: $600 RRP

2nd Place prize: $300 RRP

3rd Place prize: $100 RRP

Each Monthly Amateur Winner will receive entry to our Grand Final in December for FREE

Grunt
19th January 2007, 06:41 PM
Well What a great day was had at the Coachcam Championship. I had a good round off the Black Tees and shot 34 point with 3 wipes. Best of all I came 2nd on the day :) I won a Bridgestone J33 utility iron 19* loft. Will have to keep playing in the series now as I am in 2nd place in the overall champs. The winner get a new set of fitted clubs.

Grunt
19th January 2007, 07:22 PM
This is the club I have won/ordered
http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/en/prodj33airmuscle.aspx

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/6296/productimagej33aok2.jpg

Grunt
30th January 2007, 08:18 PM
Got a prize from Cromer in the mail today. I won the NTP for the day on the 4th Hole. 2.5cm. I won 6 Callaway HX Tour balls. :p

burger
31st January 2007, 09:12 AM
Thats the one over the pond,right? Was the pin tucked behind the left hand bunker? damn fine shot grunt.

how did you go on the second?

stu

Grunt
31st January 2007, 09:20 AM
The pin was on the right hand side just as the slope from the right hand edge flattens out. I parred the 2nd.

burger
31st January 2007, 09:24 AM
well done!