PDA

View Full Version : Dunheved Fri Jan 5th 11:30am

Jono
2nd January 2007, 03:32 PM
As the title says, this Friday at Dunheved.

1. Jimandr
2. Jono
3. Amanda
4. Brad

Late morning tee off so Jim has no excuse ... :twisted:

Grunt
2nd January 2007, 03:40 PM
Love too but am working Friday.

amanda
2nd January 2007, 03:45 PM
1. Jimandr
2. Jono
3. amanda
4. brad

jimandr
2nd January 2007, 03:48 PM
Well done Brad and Amanda.

This must be a near record for organising a group through OzGolf. Jono rang me at 1.30, a suggested venue was agreed at 2.30, and a full group arranged by 3.30. Great stuff.

amanda
2nd January 2007, 03:50 PM
I'm dying for a game of golf. Had to wait for a courier delivery today, got to go to a Uni open day tomorrow :( Wasn't going to pass up a chance to play :)

Jono
2nd January 2007, 07:19 PM
Great stuff. If more people want to play, let me know. I think I can book another group.

brad
5th January 2007, 06:32 PM
Well what a bloody hot round of golf that was. Rankings are:

1. Brad 37 points :)
2. Jim 34 points
3. Amanda 26 points
4. Jono 24 points

Thanks for the game guys.

jimandr
5th January 2007, 06:44 PM
It actually wasn't really hot, perhaps about 30 degrees and sunny, but it was certainly the warmest day for about a month, and was a bit of a shock to our systems.

Nevertheless, Dunheved is a course I quite like, it was in excellent condition, and the company was good as always. Unfortunately, I can't recall anything particularly funny happening.

Brad played quite well again. His lead over me after 54 holes is now 14. We might play again in a week or so. I think I'll concede defeat and start afresh.

Amanda struggled through swing rust and heat, and Jono just struggled. Not many fist pumps from either player.

We were entertained by Jono's demonstration of the pro's and con's of the 73degree wedge. It was for sale after he sculled it's first stroke over the green on 2, was back in the good books after a great chip on 3, and from there its value depreciated severely with each failure, of which there were many. If he can find a foundry, it'll be melted down for the metal value this weekend, so get your bids in quickly.

amanda
5th January 2007, 06:51 PM
Jim's summary is spot on - though "rusty" is a little of an understatement - I'd say "thoroughly rusted and about to fall apart" is a better assessment of my golf swing at the moment!

Wouldn't mind going back to Dunheved in the near future for another game - there are a few tricky hazards that catch you out if you're not 100% aware of what is around.

Thank goodness the course wasn't hilly - I think I may have just laid down to die around hole 14 if it was!

Jono
6th January 2007, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the game, guys. Congrats to Brad for the good round. I must say, since his shoulder operation, Brad's a much better golfer. Hits straighter and seems to be more positive on the course.

I played crap. I couldn't hit straight to save my life, and only good drives I hit was over the trees trying to cut doglegs. Iron play was really, really bad. I'm talking about hitting 6 iron 30 meters right. :oops: Might have to start seeing my swing coach again ...

I quite like the layout around Dunheved as well. Semiwide fairways and semiflat greens but it has plenty of little traps around to blow up your score.