PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing January 1st 2007

Flowergirl
1st January 2007, 11:45 AM
Played matchplay against Johnny boy this morning. Wow - that's the best I've played all year. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: gee - I'm funny.

Hit the ball ok. Gave him 9 shots and was 3 up at the turn. Game , set and match by the 14th.
We played out each hole and I had gross 87 - net 71 - which is playing to my handicap.Did not par any of the par 3's and even had 2 doubles on them.
Going to try and play and practise a lot more this year - Mmmm I think I said that last year too.

Goal for December 2007 - 14.:shock:

shazza_rs
1st January 2007, 11:47 AM
Goal for December 2007 - 14.:shock:

You can do it!

Thats only two shots.....:-D :mrgreen:

Flowergirl
1st January 2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks daughter.:-D Nice round you had yesterday I see.:smt002 Well played

McCoy
1st January 2007, 10:33 PM
Made it to Redland Bay at 0600 today, wife drove me down from Alex Hills as I was in a pretty poor state. Didn't hit off until 0615, had to drive the porcelain bus - and thank God it was open.
Went out in 8 over and came home 1 over for an 81. Enjoyed the course, first few holes were a bit of a blur, but years since I played there and unfortunately probably years until I do again.

Jarro
2nd January 2007, 05:20 AM
Made it to Redland Bay at 0600 today, wife drove me down from Alex Hills as I was in a pretty poor state. Didn't hit off until 0615, had to drive the porcelain bus - and thank God it was open.
Went out in 8 over and came home 1 over for an 81. Enjoyed the course, first few holes were a bit of a blur, but years since I played there and unfortunately probably years until I do again.

That's the Ozgolf spirit 8) Good work McCoy !

brad
2nd January 2007, 02:09 PM
Turned up at Ashlar GC with Jimandr and Grunt. Shot 32 pts (20:) and 12:|).

Some really nice drives, that I didn't follow through to complete the hole well. Some nice putting. All up not a bad benchmark for the year given how last year ended .... I submit as evidence my Champs efforts ... :)

Grunt
2nd January 2007, 02:16 PM
Played Ashlar, well I think you call it playing 24 points :???:.

Couldn't get off the tee,
Couldn't puttHit my irons ok but it was useless when they were having to get out of trouble all day, maybe tomorrow will be better.[-o<

jimandr
2nd January 2007, 02:40 PM
It was a sad tale for me as well at Ashlar today. Started by hitting the ball well and putting woefully, finished by hitting it poorly and putting poorly, for 27 points. While this may have been the best game played this year, by the Flowergirl measurement, I'm hoping every other game will be better than this one.

Fairways = 5 of 14
Greens in reg = 6 of 18
Putts = 36, 3x3putts, no birdies, 3 other putts under 5 feet missed
Up&Down = 3 of 9
Sand Saves = 0 of 1
3 penalty shots.

Campbelltown tomorrow, giving Brad a big start in our 36 hole tourney.

Grunt
2nd January 2007, 02:43 PM
Is it 36 holes, boy if your start is big? Is mine achievable at all?:shock:

Pinglauncher
3rd January 2007, 09:12 AM
Well the last round of 2006 and the first rounds of 2007 have been completed by PL and Junior PL (he wants to be known as Titleist Rules)

A couple of 34 point rounds by me. Have been pretty happy with ball striking and putted really well but have had 2 rounds where shots even slightly off line have finished in unsanded divots, dead against trees etc etc. :smt093 I am sure everyone has experienced this but it does get a little tiresome.

Nathan on the other hand has had the following at Carnarvon

# 37 points in the middle of the big storm Xmas weekend for a "C" grade win and a win in 4BBB :smt038
# 41 points yesterday (wiped the last 2 holes) for another win and also picked up the 4BBB again :smt038

His handicap is now an even 2.0 from me and I think I am in big trouble in the next few months :smt100

PeteyD
3rd January 2007, 11:10 AM
Played Reddy Bay, monthly Mug in the wind and rain today. Course played a bit tricky with the wind. Shot 100 of the stick for nett 73. 2 pars and 7 bogies and a few others. Had a 20 metre birdie putt hit the back and plop out 1" from the hole .... 30 Putts. I need to stop choking on birdie par putts and bringing them up short :(. Happy with my game as I seem to be getting fairly consistant and hittinga few good shots. Roll on this year!

Grunt
3rd January 2007, 02:15 PM
Played no better than out and out crap today. :(

16 points
9 wipes
45-50 putts

Got that bad lately I have even thought of giving the game up for a while, buit that would be quitting and I am no quitter. Just going to have to work hard and get my game back to where it was just before the champs.

Flowergirl
3rd January 2007, 02:49 PM

16 points
9 wipes
45-50 putts

Got that bad lately I have even thought of giving the game up for a while, buit that would be quitting and I am no quitter. Just going to have to work hard and get my game back to where it was just before the champs.

Ouch. 16 points - that's gotta hurt. What did you get on the back nine????:smt002

Sorry - I couldn't help it. Hang in there Grant. Just relax and let him happen.:-D

Grunt
3rd January 2007, 02:50 PM
got 7 on the Front and came back with 9 on the back.

Flowergirl
3rd January 2007, 02:53 PM
got 7 on the Front and came back with 9 on the back.

I was being nasty implying that you got 16 on the front...don't worry.:twisted:

AndyP
3rd January 2007, 03:11 PM
Some of the scores handed in at OZgolf rounds these days make my 17pts at Brookwater look spectacular.

dc68
3rd January 2007, 03:17 PM

16 points
9 wipes
45-50 putts:shock:

Chin up mate better get on the putting green methinks.

jimandr
3rd January 2007, 04:17 PM
I was with Grunt at Campbelltown today. I'd like to blame him for my ordinary play, but it wouldn't be true. I hit the ball OK, but couldn't get it in the hole, through a poor chip or a poor putt or both, for a total of 31 points.

Fairways = 9 of 12
Greens in reg = 5 of 18, but never more than 5 yards from the green on 16 of the 18
Putts = 33, 1x3putt, no birdies
Up & Down = 4 of 11
Sand Saves = 0 of 1
1 penalty shot.

Courty
3rd January 2007, 08:44 PM
I had a weird one today. As usual, I hit some balls on the range first. I was flushiing my 8 iron, and striping the driver. When it came time to play, I snap-hooked the first three drives. :???: On the front 9, I had 2 points after the first 5 holes, then went 2, 3, 3, 3 to finish with 13 and had my name on 2 NTP's. Same on the back 9. I either had a great hole, or a wipe. Very little in between. I'm still trying to figure out where it all went wrong.:neutral:

brad
3rd January 2007, 08:45 PM
Campbelltown today with 37 pts. One wipe, 3 double chips, 1 double bunker shot, a lost ball and a 3 putt or two mean some shots were left out there today. I'll find them some day :)

All in all I feel pretty good about the day.

Flowergirl
3rd January 2007, 08:50 PM
Campbelltown today with 37 pts. One wipe, 3 double chips, 1 double bunker shot, a lost ball and a 3 putt or two mean some shots were left out there today. I'll find them some day :)

All in all I feel pretty good about the day.

Nicely done Brad. Keep up the good work. :smt002

brad
5th January 2007, 05:19 PM
Nicely done Brad. Keep up the good work. :smt002

OK - played Dunheved GC today (I think that's the spelling). Another 37 points.

Better off the tee today, driver much neater, but chipping still my main hurdle to a lower score.

Yay for me again :mrgreen:

jimandr
5th January 2007, 05:34 PM
Dunheved today with Brad, Amanda and Jono. My third entry this week. Certainly a record for me.

While a better round, still not good enough for 34 points. Really struggled around the front nine, but a switch from the fade swing to the draw swing meant some better ball striking on the back. Good chipping also helped.

Fairways = 8 of 13
Greens in reg = 6 of 18
Putts = 32, 2x3putt, 2 birdies
Up&Down = 3 of 7
Sand Saves = 1 of 3.

amanda
5th January 2007, 05:43 PM
A very average 26 points today at Dunheved. This was my first full round of golf since early December and it showed! I'm out of shape - pretty exhausted by about the 15th hole.

Hit a few good shots - but had lots of shockers :)

Courty
5th January 2007, 06:30 PM
I played the 'Friday Friendly' at Sea Temple resort (formerly known as The Links Port Douglas). My run of poor form continued, and what a course to play with no form. :shock: 26 stableford points. I completely lost my swing and at one point hit 3 OOB's in a row. :cry:
However, I'm feeling pretty good about the Monthly Medal tomorrow because one of my buddy's pointed something out on the 16th hole and I finished with 2 easy pars. There IS light at the end of the tunnel. :roll:

billybaub
6th January 2007, 09:11 AM
played socially at riverlakes but played off the back plates...
shot 6 under my handicap for a 5 over par.
driver was huge and was pretty accurate...only a few misses and they wernt even bad misses.
wedge play got me my score. would shank an iron on a par 3 into the water...drop and hit a wedge to a metre to take a bogey

was really happy with how i was swinging it

BrisVegas
6th January 2007, 12:53 PM
played Brookwater Sat comp from the gold tees.

83 gross for 33 points.
10 Fairways
7 GIR
28 putts

had 4 washes and a few one-pointers, but made a few birdies. My iron play was shocking today.

PeteyD
6th January 2007, 02:25 PM
Played The medal at Reddy today. Off the plates with nasty pins. 103 of the stick for 76. Was playing fairly solidly until the last 4 holes (11 over bugga :( ). 29 Putts, 1 Sand save, 1 chip in.

Jono
6th January 2007, 04:12 PM
After yesterday's shocker (24 points) at Dunheved, I was tempted not to play for a while, but took Grant's advice and got back on the horse. Played in the monthly medal at Eastlake today.

For those who have played this course, the front nine plays pretty much downwind and the back nine (you guessed it) is back into the wind. Had a pretty unspectacular 4 over on the front and by the time we turned around, the wind had picked up to a solid 2 club headwind. Played a lot of knockdown shots, sunk some good putts, and had a pretty good 3 over on the back. So, 78, nett 70 (par 71). Pretty happy with that.

Oh, one change I made in the equipment side of things. I have been experimenting with different driver shafts. (Fuji Vista Tour, Gramman Limey, Penley, Striper Tour) I went back to my trusty NV today. Made a big difference. 8)

Eag's
6th January 2007, 04:42 PM
Nice shooting Jono :smt023

Courty
6th January 2007, 05:37 PM
Meh. 89 in the Monthly Medal. I'm over it. :???:

Bruce
6th January 2007, 06:35 PM
A major milestone today. Monthly Medal at Neanger Park - my Dad's home course.

Started double, tripple, double in windy conditions and was wondering wft I was doing out there. Finished with 48 for the front side and was mostly chopping it up. Dad was going just as bad and had the same (although he plays off 11).

And then things clicked in after the turn. Par, par, bogey, par, and suddenly I was a shot at breaking 40 for 9 holes and 90 for 18 for the first time in my life. Bogey, bogey, par, bogey though put me up against it. Two heartbeaking lip outs in there. I needed the birdie on the last to break 40 for 9 and the 15 foot birdie attempt was tracking, tracking, tracking before just sliding by and I had to settle for a par and 40 off the bat for the harder (front) 9 at Neanger.

88 -22 = 66 (par 71) and a win in C Grade.

First time in my life to break 90. Best ever score for 9 holes and the first time I've beaten the old man off the bat. He had a shocker the poor bastard. There aint much of him and so the wind knocks him about a fair bit.

Lots of beers tonight :) :)
The boys at Neanger are very welcoming of guests :)

PeteyD
6th January 2007, 07:24 PM
Well done Bruce!! Nice effort.

AndyP
6th January 2007, 10:21 PM
Congrats on the milestone, Bruce. I hope you can do it in consecutive rounds.

Fishman Dan
6th January 2007, 10:29 PM
Medal today. Nett 1-over.

Started with a triple and played pretty ordinary - i think i only had a single bogey on the front. Birdies on 5 (problem hole for me) and 9 (index 3) to turn 3 up, then rotted away over the back 9 starting with a double on 12. The heat wasn't the problem - the lack of wind with it was.

The irons were the biggest let-down, but a double on the final hole assured my .1.

Moe Norman
7th January 2007, 07:00 PM
Well, it all came together today for one of my better rounds in a while.

Played visitors comp at Macleod and had 43 Points for even par off the bat.

Could have been alot better too. 12 Pars, 3 birdies, 3 bogeys. I made 3 of the 3 of the 5 Par 5's in 2 and made birdies on each of them.

No 3 jabs, but apart from a 15 footer on 18 for an up & down par I made absolutely nothing on the greens. Peppered the pin 4 holes in a row at one stage and just couldn't hole anything!

All in all, pretty happy with the round. Will have to work out some stats later.

Moe Norman
7th January 2007, 08:22 PM
I've just realised I had 1 over and that there are only 4 Par 5's and 17 is a Par 4 Index 2.

I wrote down 4 a 4 thinking it was a Par 5. Thats gonna be a DQ isn't it?

Gets confusing when the members index is actually the ****ing ladies - stupid course!

Oh well, I could do with another 0.1 :)

BrisVegas
7th January 2007, 08:54 PM
nice playing thommo. pity you hosed up the card.

well played nonetheless. good to see.

PeteyD
8th January 2007, 06:19 AM
Moe, my understanding is that only the strokes are important. It is up to the club scoring people to fix the stab score for the hole up if you got it wrong. that is how it was explained to me anyway.

Jono
8th January 2007, 07:05 AM
Congrats, Bruce, on achieving your milestone. B grade, here we come. 8)

Sounds like you had an "easy" 1 over par, Moe. Nothing spectacular with the flatstick, but no 3 jabs. I'd take that any day. ;) As to signing the wrong card ... well, you're still on target for that 10 handicap, ey? :lol:

Moe Norman
8th January 2007, 09:12 AM
thats what I've been told PeteyD, but apparently if I add the scores up I take that responsibilty away from the 'scorer'. Besides A-Lo who doesn't add scores up though?!

No big deal, I don't want to go down to a 5 hcp anyway.

Grunt
8th January 2007, 01:27 PM
in my dealings as match committee you are only liable for incorrect stroke scores on a card. It is the responsibility of the scorer to check and correct any stableford mistakes either in addition or actual points given for a hole.

Flowergirl
8th January 2007, 03:39 PM
Played with Bris Westy, JohnnyBoy and my friend Rosa at The Dunes on Saturday. I played like crap, Johhny boy played like crap and Rosa not much better. Bris Westy showed off and started off on fire picking up points very nicely on the front nine. Got a bit cocky:mrgreen: and the course showed it's true colours but he still had a respectable 33 points.

Not even worth posting a report on my game - but hey - you can't just post your good ones can you! Always next game:mrgreen:

Moe Norman
22nd January 2007, 01:36 PM
I just noticed my Macleod round went into Golf Link.

Back down to 5.8 :(

Dare I say it, it was as hoc!

AndyP
22nd January 2007, 01:46 PM
Commiserations, Moe.

If you weren't so against reducing your handicap, that adhoc would be looking dodgy.

Fishman Dan
22nd January 2007, 02:27 PM
Not sure if anyone told you, but Ad Hoc isn't latin for "cheat".

Moe Norman
22nd January 2007, 02:39 PM
AP,

It would look dodgy, but I don't work in the shop there and don't have access to the machine ;)

I'm not 'against' reducing my hcp - I'd just prefer a hcp that I can comfortably score 30+ points with on a regular basis. I'm thkning about 10 would be nice.

AndyP
22nd January 2007, 03:01 PM
Not sure if anyone told you, but Ad Hoc isn't latin for "cheat".
I'll jump all over him when he has his next adhoc reduction then.

Moe Norman
22nd January 2007, 03:04 PM
I just had a look at whats in my record.

4 ad hocs and 3 of them are 0.1's including a 99 off the bat and an 88 off the bat :o

I'm not very good at this ad hoccing.

shazza_rs
22nd January 2007, 07:42 PM
I just had a look at whats in my record.

4 ad hocs and 3 of them are 0.1's including a 99 off the bat and an 88 off the bat :o

I'm not very good at this ad hoccing.

And you aren't really good at letting anything go either :roll:

Ps... nice shooting on a shiela's course. :mrgreen:

Moe Norman
22nd January 2007, 09:27 PM
nice hcp from the red tees :D