PDA

View Full Version : Ashlar 2nd January 2007

Grunt
28th December 2006, 10:29 AM
Ok 1st NSW Ozgolf game of the year.

Where: Ashlar GC
When: 8:30

I will book a group of 4 this morning and see if req'd we can have a 2nd group.

Who's keen

Grunt
Jimandr
Brad

Grunt
28th December 2006, 12:39 PM
I have just spoken to Ashlar and due to School Holidays and the like it is pretty busy and filling up fast.
I got 3 slots booked for Tuesday @ 8:25 tee off. I put Jim's, Brad's & my names down.
The guy in the shop said there were slots in other groups around that time, if anyone else wants to play. Pro shop number is 9621 3924.

jimandr
28th December 2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks for making the booking.

Has the 2007 Ozgolf year already started, or is this the first chance to head the Player of the Year leaderboard.

I can't win the Vardon, or most improved, or any other event that depends on Golflink scores, because my club doesn't participate in Golflink.

AndyP
28th December 2006, 09:45 PM
Has the 2007 Ozgolf year already started, or is this the first chance to head the Player of the Year leaderboard.
OZgolf year starts straight after the Champs.

I can't win the Vardon, or most improved, or any other event that depends on Golflink scores, because my club doesn't participate in Golflink.
If you can pass on your handicap at the relevant times, then you can still participate in the most improved at least. The Vardon is probably a bit hard though.

Andrew
29th December 2006, 10:48 AM
I would love to play, but will be busy for the first 5 days of the year.

Although, the way things are going, I may only be busy for the first 3 days.;)

Grunt
1st January 2007, 04:02 PM
Is everyone (Brad & Jim) still on for tomorrow? It looks as if the rains have been pretty erratic today and Ashlar should have been able to handle it and not be too soggy under foot. See you all tomorrow morning.

Grunt
1st January 2007, 05:58 PM
Weather for Tomorrow predicts showers in the afternoon so hopefully we will have a dry day.

jimandr
1st January 2007, 09:38 PM
I'm still in, assuming I wake up early enough to make it. I'm aiming to get there about 8.00am.

amanda
2nd January 2007, 06:37 AM
Brad is still in. He has a bit of a cold - so he'll drive out there and see how wet it is.

It's been bucketing down here all night - but I'm not sure how much rain there has been at Blacktown.

Grunt
2nd January 2007, 06:52 AM
Ok will see him there, we had some heavy showers around 10 last night and nothing that heavy since. It looks like it may be a wet one though, pretty grey outside at the moment.

brad
2nd January 2007, 02:49 PM
Well well well.

Brad has won his first OzGolf event. Scoring wasn't anything to gloat over though. Placings.

1st Brad - 32 pts (20 & 12 - would you believe it .. :()
2nd Jimandr - 27pts
3rd Grunt - 24 pts

Turned out to be great weather on the course with a little wind to make it interesting. Highlight was a par 5 that all 4 of us (1 non-OzGolfer) hit our second shots in the drink.

Thanks for the game gents and looking forward to the next one.

jimandr
2nd January 2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the game guys.

It rained much of the night at my place, and was torrential between 6am and 7.30am. I really thought we wouldn't be playing.

But the rain hadn't hit Ashlar, and stayed away all day, so it was a very pleasant day for golf.

My only excuse was the early (for me) start and my lack of talent. See you again tomorrow.

Grunt
2nd January 2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks guys, no excuse here other than lack of ability. Hopefully I will play better tomorrow. Even get a putt to drop rather than shave the cup.

Grunt
2nd January 2007, 05:23 PM
Results are on the Golflink site for Ashlar today, 43 points won the day. I came 101st :( Looks as if Jim was 85th, but cant see Brads result anywhere. No one off 19 got 32 points, 32 points was worth =47th. Cant say your card never went in as it was the same card as Jim's