PDA

View Full Version : Game next Wednesday.

Grunt
24th December 2006, 12:05 PM
Hi all

Who is keen for a game Wednesday 3rd January?

Campbelltown (Bathurst Recip Club)
8:30 tee slot booked (4 slots)
Grunt
Jimandr

Jono
24th December 2006, 03:49 PM
Grant,

Do you mean this coming Wednesday (27th) or Wednesday after?

Grunt
24th December 2006, 03:57 PM
Sorry Wednesday the 3rd Jan.

jimandr
26th December 2006, 07:26 PM
I'm available.

Is Macquarie Links likely to be having a Wednesday Open Day?

Grunt
26th December 2006, 07:30 PM
Looking at my roster I have noticed that I am off Monday/Tuesday as well.

jimandr
27th December 2006, 08:59 PM
Looking at my roster I have noticed that I am off Monday/Tuesday as well.

Monday is New Years Day. Only really brave people or those totally without a life plan to be fit enough to play on New Years Day.

Tuesday is another matter. I'm free. Ashlar or Camden Valley or Wallacia or somewhere else?

Grunt
27th December 2006, 09:31 PM
I will look into Ashlar if you like Jim.

amanda
28th December 2006, 09:57 AM
Brad is interested in Tuesday or Wednesday.

Unfortunately I have to wait for a delivery at home on Tuesday morning and then on Wednesday I have to go to uni for a few hours.

Grunt
28th December 2006, 10:20 AM
Ok
Who is keen for a hit at Ashlar Tuesday morning? It is very easy to get a tee slot around 8:30 usually. I will ring later today and book if that suits everyone. I will book for 4 and they are usually pretty good when it comes to late changes.

Grunt
28th December 2006, 10:44 AM
See seperate thread for Tuesday @ Ashlar.

Jim, not sure if the Macquarie Links open days are weekly. I know they were $79 bit out of my price range so soon after Xmas.

jimandr
30th December 2006, 12:04 AM
I haven't played Campbelltown for a long time. Although I don't recall it with much affection, I'm happy to play there, or at Cabramatta, or at Cumberland.

I'll let you make the booking. Hopefully someone else will join us.

Grunt
30th December 2006, 10:37 AM
Is around 8:30 good Jim?

Grunt
30th December 2006, 11:36 AM
Tee time Booked, see 1st post for details. 2 spare slots in 8:30 group.

jimandr
30th December 2006, 11:57 PM
Grant,

Thanks for making the booking. My experience of the last few days tells me that any tee time is a good time. On Friday morning I rang Camden Valley and couldn't get a game because there were no spare spaces. It seems that lots of people who don't go away for a holiday fill in their time by playing Open Days.

Grunt
31st December 2006, 07:27 AM
That surprises me about Camden Valley, I got on last week for a 7:40 tee off ringing up at 7:10.

Grunt
1st January 2007, 04:05 PM
Any more takers?
If not I will ring Campbelltown in the morning and let them know their will only be 2 of us.

amanda
2nd January 2007, 02:38 PM
Brad is also in - I'm sure he'll post in the thread pretty soon.

brad
2nd January 2007, 02:53 PM
That's scary ... how did you know ... :)

Yes, I'm in! I'm looking it up in the old Gregory's right now. I'll be able to wear my other Bathurst GC shirt. I think they make the difference :)

Grunt
2nd January 2007, 03:00 PM
Will ring the club this arvo and make it a 3 then.

jimandr
2nd January 2007, 03:45 PM
The same three player group two days in a row. If this has become a 36 hole event, Brad has a big first round lead. We'll have to sledge him hard, because our talent won't be enough to catch him by honourable means.

Grunt
2nd January 2007, 03:46 PM
Well I picked up the New Driver so I guess it will become even harder to catch him.

Grunt
3rd January 2007, 03:09 PM
Well yet again Brad kicked our butts

Brad 37 points
Jimandr 31 points
Grunt 16 pointsThanks for coming guys, I am sorry for the really poor effort I put in today. Probably was not the best golfing partner either, just got to get out of this slump.

jimandr
3rd January 2007, 05:30 PM
Once again, thanks for the game.

Brad played close to his capabilities, and showed that a very good game might be just around the corner, as long as he keeps playing regularly. The easy highlight was his approach to the 10th, where he assessed the non-spin qualities of the Spalding Plus 'rock' he was using to perfection, leaving himself a 4 inch putt for birdie. We are playing again on Friday. I'm now 11 behind after 2 rounds, and looking through the PGA record books for inspiration. I remember Stewart Cink winning from 9 behind a few years ago.

Trouble is, Brad is playing quite well, and I'm not, at the moment.

The best thing I can say about Grant's game is that to get to the 15th tee you walk through the car park. It was raining at the time. Most players having the shocker he was having would walk straight to the car, jump in and go home. But Grant the trouper kept going. And the rain stopped while we were on the tee, and didn't start again. An hour on the practice fairway, working on rhythm and timing, then half an hour chipping and putting, is my recommendation. (Actually I think I might do that myself tomorrow)

Grunt
3rd January 2007, 05:35 PM
Lesson booked Jim and maybe some Practice Monday.

brad
3rd January 2007, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the game guys. And I'm with Jim. Grant, thanks for digging deep and continuing.

It is with fond memories and a touch of sadness that I said goodbye to the trusty Spalding plus 'the rock' on the 18th tee. It was the 5th game in a row for that ball (found it at Bribie Island - funnily enough in some water) and I'll miss it.