PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 18th December

Courty
20th December 2006, 10:57 PM
I played in the club comp this afternoon (stableford). I started a bit scratchy but made 18 points for the first nine. The 2nd nine was a bit of an exercise in frustration, as I made four 1 pointers to finish with 14 pts. However, it was more than enough to win the bet. Most of the damage was done when my partner skulled an 80m wedge shot and had it drop in the hole for eagle!

Flowergirl
21st December 2006, 09:29 AM
Played at Cape Shanck yesterday. I really like this course.:-D Had a great front nine - one wipe though - but had 18 points. 13 on the back:evil:

One of my playing partners - female - was having a bad day. She was bashing clubs into her bag, cursing and being a real pain. And it got to me. On the 11th she made a real cutting comment to me and I said "that's it". I'm quitting. I've put up with your crap heaps of times before and I've had enough. She was amazed that I could be upset with her bad temper cos she said that it didn't have anything to do with me. But it does. I can't focus on my game if someone is cracking the sh&ts around me. I'm just not that focused that I can divorce myself from what's happening around me. I should do - but I can't. Anyway she sort of apologised and we got on with the game. She played a bit better - but no more dummy spits. Hopefully she'll realise that it's not all about her. And hopefully I'll learn not to be so sensitive.

TS
21st December 2006, 09:39 AM
Played at Cape Shanck yesterday. I really like this course.:-D Had a great front nine - one wipe though - but had 18 points. 13 on the back:evil:

One of my playing partners - female - was having a bad day. She was bashing clubs into her bag, cursing and being a real pain. And it got to me. On the 11th she made a real cutting comment to me and I said "that's it". I'm quitting. I've put up with your crap heaps of times before and I've had enough. She was amazed that I could be upset with her bad temper cos she said that it didn't have anything to do with me. But it does. I can't focus on my game if someone is cracking the sh&ts around me. I'm just not that focused that I can divorce myself from what's happening around me. I should do - but I can't. Anyway she sort of apologised and we got on with the game. She played a bit better - but no more dummy spits. Hopefully she'll realise that it's not all about her. And hopefully I'll learn not to be so sensitive.

Reenie. I agree with you, I hate playing with people like that, I find it very distracting. My game normal suffer because of it. The only time I don't mind playing with people with bad temper is in matchplay, because I want to kill the other person.

Courty
21st December 2006, 09:40 AM
And hopefully I'll learn not to be so sensitive.

You? Sensitive? :shock: ;)

Well done for telling her she was acting like an idiot.

AndyP
21st December 2006, 10:14 AM
Reenie. I agree with you, I hate playing with people like that, I find it very distracting. My game normal suffer because of it. The only time I don't mind playing with people with bad temper is in matchplay, because I want to kill the other person.
Aren't you playing with A-Lo next week???? Interesting.........

TS
21st December 2006, 10:25 AM
Aren't you playing with A-Lo next week???? Interesting.........

May have to organise a quick trip to Brisbane instead.

Grunt
21st December 2006, 05:17 PM
Played @ Liverpool today. Did not play well, 25 points. Guess you get that playing after 3 hours sleep. I was too desperate to play. :(

Courty
21st December 2006, 05:32 PM
I played 18 again today with my dad. The tees & pins were in the same place as yesterdays comp. I played much better on the back nine today (18pts) than i did yesterday (14pts) but stumbled in the closing holes on the front nine. I needed par on the last to score 36 pts, so what did I do, hit it in the greenside bunker for 2, then took 2 to get out and missed a 4-footer for a double. :evil:

Grunt
21st December 2006, 07:43 PM
Just checked the Golflink results, I came 130th out of 168 starters :( Hopefully a better round tomorrow morning.

Grunt
22nd December 2006, 01:06 PM
Played Camden Valley this morning. Should have stayed in bed!! Had a shocker and the funny thing is I scored better than yesterday, 28 points.
1 Fairway
1 GIR
34 putts
Lots of bad shots, linked with lots of bad luck. Really wanted to play well today and it just never happened:( Oh well that game will make the handicap blow out to 19 again:(

Courty
22nd December 2006, 05:42 PM
Snuck out for a quick nine this arve with some mates. I played absolutely dreadful until the last hole, where I realised I wasn't getting any hip rotation during the backswing. Went on to make an easy birdie after that. :roll:
I'm just glad I got it figured out before the comp tomorrow.

BrisVegas
23rd December 2006, 01:02 PM
Played the Sat comp at Brookwater, gold tees.

80 gross for 36 points.
9 fairwarys
8 GIR
30 putts.

Knew i was in trouble when i started with a tap-in birdie...
3 washes and 2 shanks for 16 points on the front. 20 round the back.

Grunt
23rd December 2006, 01:50 PM
Played @ Mac Grange in the 3 club Challenge. Played great shot 88 off the stick, very happy with the way I played. It was a real learning curve but I really think I may have finally realised that I don't need to think about golf as much as I do.

Stats
10 Fairways
5 GIR
36 putts

Missed a few putts, but that was to be expected with the putting being made with the 2 i wood.

Courty
23rd December 2006, 05:42 PM
4BBB stableford for 38pts :oops:. I was surprised when I added up the card to see that we had that many points. Neither my partner or myself could get anything going. My swing has gotten progressively worse over the last few days.

AndyP
24th December 2006, 04:40 PM
22/12/2006, Nambour GC, Stableford (Whites)

7/12 effective T-shots.
4/18 effective approaches.
6/9 up and down successes.
27 putts.
------------------
2 birdies.
7 pars.
6 bogeys.
2 doubles.
1 other.

Score 44-35-79 stab 37 (Par 34-34-68 CCR 64)

I started a bit scratchy, and due to some issues on the homefront I probably got a bit more dejected about the bad shots. A birdie 4 pointer on the 9th got things going and I finished with five 3 pointers (five one-putts).

Didn't seem to do anything special, I just hit more fairways and got up and down.

23/12/2006, Nambour GC, Stableford (Blues)

8/12 effective T-shots.
4/18 effective approaches.
6/14 up and down successes.
29 putts.
------------------
9 pars.
8 bogeys.
1 double.

Score 38-40-78 (Par 34-34-68 CCR 65)

Hitting lots of fairways certainly helps the score. I have been consistently hitting with a fade, which allows me to trust my setup target. I'm not getting my chips as close as I would like (and expect), which is leaving medium putts instead of short putts.

It was a fairly consistent round overall, as I didn't have blowout holes, but didn't nab a bird either. I'm starting to get shirty about not being able to bring it all together and shoot a low score.

24/12/2006, Gympie Pines GC, Social

1 birdie.
5 pars.
9 bogeys.
2 doubles.
1 other.

Score 39-46-85 nett 73 (Par 34-36-70 ACR 68)

The consistent fade off the tee has turned into a slice, and the confidence chipping around the greens has gone. I even shanked a few chips. Considering this is the part of my game that I have relied on a lot this year, it is very frustrating to have it actually cost shots.
Putting rules. What's a three putt? I'm sure I'll get sorted out at Pelican Waters though.....

I thought I played worse than my score suggests, but I guess I just forgot about my good holes. The OOB / triple bogey finish was a great way to finish. Thanks 7 wood, I'd say that your time in the bag is limited.

Next round: 27/12/2006, Club Pelican, Social

There will be a quiz about this post later. So I hope you read it all......

BrisVegas
24th December 2006, 07:23 PM
Got out for a hit this arvo off the gold tees.

77 gross for 69.
12 fairways
6 GIR
26 putts

I was 6 over on the par 3's!! 3 birdies and some reasonable chipping and putting saved the score. I've hit 3 shanks now in the last two rounds. It's got me a bit freaked, actually. Today's was on the 18th after bombing one to 90 metres out, and I ended up almost on the crtpath. Super up and down though, so maybe the shank was all part of the strategy!

Eag's
24th December 2006, 08:12 PM
Nice shooting again Dion, you are playing very well lately 26 putts is great :smt023
I feel your pain with the shanks though mate, like you, mine come out of nowhere :(

Sounds like young AndyP has been having a few as well.

AndyP
24th December 2006, 08:48 PM
Sounds like young AndyP has been having a few as well.
Just here and there out of nowhere. The chipping shanks are particularly concerning. All I can do it try to commit myself to each shot as I play it, coz buggered if I know how it happens.

chappy1970
26th December 2006, 12:57 PM
My new lease on golfing life continues and strangley every game so far keeps getting better.

Playing PAR on sunday (I f@#ken hate PAR and they have cored the greens ahhhhh), finished with +2. Fair dinkum could have been anything. Was 2 up after the front nine shooting a steady 39 of the stick. Had 1 birdie, 4 pars and 4 bogeys, the birdie was a highlight on the 4th par 5, was probably playing about 475 mtrs. Hit a great drive, the green is heavily guarded by about 6 bunkers. I said to one of my playing partners I usually lay up and leave a full shot in, but hey its Christmas time, I pulled out the Sonartec 3wd and nailed it gun barrel straight and the ball finished about 15 foot from the pin, left the eagle 2 inches short, but a simple birdie al the same.

Back nine was littered with highlights and low lights, 3 bad shots saw my potential 6 up dwindle down to only 2 up. A poor second on the 11th par 5, scrambled but a - was the result, hit back with a par for a + immediately. steady over the next 2 for a couple of half's. The short par 4 15th, hit a good drive only to find when I walked up to play my second that it had come to rest in one of the biggest divots I have ever seen, why don't people just put some bloody sand in the divots, end result a -, Parred the next for a half. The 17th par 5, hit argueably the best drive for the day, hit a servicable 2nd leaving me about 45 mtrs to the green. Setup for my stock knock down SW (my bread and butter usually), first bounce hit the small incline to the green bounced once and came back down the hill. Hit the short chip skinny and couldn't salvage a half. Halved the last to finish 2 up.

Have come in .2 to 9.8 as the CCR was 71, was hoping to pop back in to single figures before Christmas , but to no avail. Was a little disappointed with the finish, but overall, hitting the ball as good as I have done for
a long time.

Got a 1hr lesson from DAD for Christmas, that will come in handy. Also received my last copy of Golf Australia and it came with a free lesson as well.

I believe if the lessons can help with a little consistency with my iron play, I will be able to bring the handi into 6 or 7 by the end of day light savings.

Merry Christmas to all

Chappy