PDA

View Full Version : Forum Upgrade

AndyP
17th December 2006, 12:57 AM
Peoples

Tonight I upgraded the site from version 3.5.3 of vBulletin to 3.6.4, as we were quite a bit behind the current version. As I should have known, it didn't go anywhere near as smoothly as I would've liked, but it seems to be running fine now.

There may be a couple of faults around, for example, the multi-quote button is showing as text instead of a button.
However, this function is one of a few new features that you may find handy.

The portal is also down for now, and probably needs to have something done to it to make it compatable with the rest of the forum again. I'll let Robyn know I have a fun job for her.....

Let me know, if you come across any major problems.

I'm over this now, and am going to bed.

AndyP
17th December 2006, 01:19 AM
OK, I lied. Multi-quote button is now fixed. This is a handy button for those of us who quote multiple posts and reply in the one post, instead of doing copy and pasting.

Other things like the button colours, flashchat integration, and site usage records I'll fix in the coming week.

3oneday
17th December 2006, 03:30 AM
I'm clicking the multi quote and it does nought ? Please explain !! :lol:

AndyP
17th December 2006, 08:09 AM
Bugger! Added to problem list. But the button is pretty, isn't it?

Features I've noticed so far:

Improvements to the reporting system.
A User Infraction system. Beware!
More detailed emails when you receive a PM.

Iain
17th December 2006, 08:21 AM
I'm clicking on the ozgolf.net button up the top and it's not going to the usual page. Just keeps going to a page that says Database error.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/clikchic/public_html/ozgolf/includes/functions.php on line 538
Database error
The ozgolf.net forums database has encountered a problem.

AndyP
17th December 2006, 08:29 AM
I already said the portal/front page is broken.

Iain
17th December 2006, 08:41 AM
Oh whoops... I just re-read your initial message... SORRY! :oops:

Keza_G
17th December 2006, 01:37 PM
Um, we used to be able to see ppl in the chat... cant now ?

Grunt
17th December 2006, 07:13 PM
The who's chatting feature was a good thing, is that coming back AP?

Grunt
17th December 2006, 07:18 PM
The portal is also down for now, and probably needs to have something done to it to make it compatable with the rest of the forum again. I'll let Robyn know I have a fun job for her.....

AP, I reckon a lot of members that are not too computer literate may not log on until the portal page is fixed as I reckon many of them would have the portal page set as their favorite and also their entry point to the site. Therefore they all may think the total site is down.

I may be wrong though.

AndyP
17th December 2006, 07:35 PM
Other things like the button colours, flashchat integration, and site usage records I'll fix in the coming week.
Re seeing people in chat.

I can't do anything about the portal.

Fishman Dan
17th December 2006, 08:29 PM
Apparently people don't read Admin posts in this version. Can that be fixed?

AndyP
17th December 2006, 08:32 PM
Will a different colour fix it? Bold? Flashing text?

Fishman Dan
17th December 2006, 08:36 PM
Will a different colour fix it? Bold? Flashing text?

I seriously doubt it ;)

Grunt
17th December 2006, 08:48 PM
Sorry did not know Flashchat integration meant you cant see if others are chatting.

PeteyD
18th December 2006, 08:45 AM
AP,

Your dedication to the site is amazing. Thanks for keeping it updated.

Grunt
18th December 2006, 09:27 AM
AP, not sure if you don't already know this but for some reason this morning the New Post button does not seem to be working. If I click it the main parts of the page load without the body of the page showing the threads.

Grunt
18th December 2006, 09:28 AM
Sorry forget that post the page does load it just has a large free area at the top of the page.

Fishman Dan
18th December 2006, 09:52 AM
AP, not sure if you don't already know this but for some reason this morning the New Post button does not seem to be working. If I click it the main parts of the page load without the body of the page showing the threads.

2 posts within 60 seconds tells me otherwise.

PeteyD
18th December 2006, 10:09 AM
yea frames have gone haywire. Left side now sits on top of everything instead of being a left frame.

AndyP
18th December 2006, 10:57 AM
yea frames have gone haywire. Left side now sits on top of everything instead of being a left frame.
What left frame? Can you post a screenshot, as I don't have that problem.

Johnny Canuck
18th December 2006, 11:03 AM
on my computer, i have to scroll down, below the paypal donation buttons, before the threads appear. took me a good while to find some text!

PeteyD
18th December 2006, 11:12 AM
Might be something to do with IE7. Essentially all posts etc start below the left column (user's login, buddies etc). Meaning there is a whole lot of white space on the screen, and you have to scroll down to see posts

Iain
18th December 2006, 11:12 AM
Might be something to do with IE7. Essentially all posts etc start below the left column (user's login, buddies etc). Meaning there is a whole lot of white space on the screen, and you have to scroll down to see posts

Nope, mines doing it with firefox.

Jarro
18th December 2006, 11:13 AM
this sucks :p

I never have any troubles like this over at ISG

Iain
18th December 2006, 11:14 AM
this sucks :p

I never have any troubles like this over at ISG

Then stay there..... :-P

PeteyD
18th December 2006, 11:16 AM
Nope, mines doing it with firefox.

which suggests it might be something t odo with IE7 which is what I am running.

AndyP
18th December 2006, 11:18 AM
Essentially, the templates are out of date, and can't be automatically updated because of previous customisations.

Is it working now?

PeteyD
18th December 2006, 11:20 AM
not yet

AndyP
18th December 2006, 11:27 AM
Has your problem gone yet, Petey? Hopefully the ointment worked.

What about the forum viewing issue?
It's a PITA when the error isn't happening to me.

Grunt
18th December 2006, 11:32 AM
Andy
With the sidebar on, and for some reason I can't turn it off, it just has the sidebar at the top of the page. I will try and forward you a screenshot.

PeteyD
18th December 2006, 11:32 AM
I now have nothing on the left side when viewing (so no buddy list et al)

Grunt
18th December 2006, 11:34 AM
Yeah I lost the sidebar too petey. Funny thing is the quick links key still has turn off Sidebar option available. Problem is gone though. Page is set up all right now.

PeteyD
18th December 2006, 11:36 AM
yea seems to be working fine and I can't turn the sidebar on

Bruce
18th December 2006, 11:42 AM
It seems to have restored a lot of PMs for me.
Suddenly I'm nearly full and I have a lot of old messages I'm sure I had deleted are back.

AndyP
19th December 2006, 11:23 AM
I'm clicking the multi quote and it does nought ? Please explain !! :lol:
Took a while for me to figure it out, as i thought it might have been broken too. But you select the multiple quotes that you want to select, then when you are ready to post, click quote on any post or 'post reply' at the bottom, and it multi-quotes all of the selected posts. It doesn't work for a quick reply.

The who's chatting feature was a good thing, is that coming back AP?
It's only on the bottom of the screen at the moment. Hopefully the mod that put it up the top of the screen neatly, gets updated soon.

AP, I reckon a lot of members that are not too computer literate may not log on until the portal page is fixed as I reckon many of them would have the portal page set as their favorite and also their entry point to the site. Therefore they all may think the total site is down.

I may be wrong though.
I've just sent an admin email out to all registered users providing them with the web address that takes them directly to the forum. I think the portal will need a full upgrade.

AP,

Your dedication to the site is amazing. Thanks for keeping it updated.
Thanks. I've been a bit slack with it lately, but that was partly avoidance of doing an upgrade as I thought it would be painful. It was easier to do than I expected, but the problems afterwards are a tad annoying.

yea seems to be working fine and I can't turn the sidebar on
I've turned the portal stuff off until it is fixed, and this includes the sidebar.

It seems to have restored a lot of PMs for me.
Suddenly I'm nearly full and I have a lot of old messages I'm sure I had deleted are back.
That's weird. Anyone else have this happen?

dc68
19th December 2006, 11:28 AM
Yes. But only sent items, I had about 25 go back into my outbox.

AndyP
19th December 2006, 12:05 PM
Main New Version Features

Multi-quote (as described and shown above)
Mark Forums Read
If you wish to mark a forum read, you can simply click its status icon on the index page and the change will be processed without a reload.
Quote Tags
When quoting a post, the ID of the post is automatically included with the [quote] tag. When the quoted text is viewed in a thread, a small icon links back to the quoted post.
New Buddy/Ignore List Interface
Private Message Preview in Notification Emails
Auto-Resize Oversized Image Attachments
Infraction System
The infraction system allows mods/admins to flexibly reprimand problem users via a points system. Different types of infractions can be created to represent any type of rules violation on the board.
Private Messages: Quota Warning (90%)
Full BCC Support in Private Messages
Each recipient will be able to see all the names from the To field, as well.
Plus, many new admin/mod options.Have fun with it.

Golf_Novice
19th December 2006, 12:22 PM
I've just sent an admin email out to all registered users providing them with the web address that takes them directly to the forum. I think the portal will need a full upgrade.

Hi Andy - I never received this email... can you please let me know what it is?? THANKS :)

PS: Good job!!

AndyP
19th December 2006, 12:27 PM
That's because you have chosen NOT to receive emails from admin. We're quite hurt by it actually.

Basically, it said go to www.ozgolf.net/forums (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums) to get here instead of www.ozgolf.net (http://www.ozgolf.net).

Golf_Novice
19th December 2006, 12:29 PM
That's because you have chosen NOT to receive emails from admin. We're quite hurt by it actually.

And you think I know how to set that up?? :shock:

AndyP
19th December 2006, 01:28 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions
Tick the relevant box.

Ducky
19th December 2006, 06:05 PM
Mr Andy,

I visited the forums after the upgrade and now I get pop-ups saying I have spyware. I click on the 'fix now' button but my computer keeps rebooting itself. Also, whenever the computer reboots it keeps dialing up to a 1800 number. Will these issues be fixed?

#-o

AndyP
19th December 2006, 06:37 PM
No. The forum needs money badly.

clikchic
20th December 2006, 07:28 PM
Hey Guys

I have upgraded the portal now, so the front page should be ok again... with any luck!

AndyP
20th December 2006, 10:42 PM
I'll work on getting the sidebar back for those that use it.

Golf_Novice
21st December 2006, 08:27 AM
Good work guys :)

AndyP
21st December 2006, 10:43 AM
I believe the sidebar should be working now, at least it looks like it is to me. I don't usually use it though, so could someone who is a sidebar user please let me know if it's okay or not.

TS
21st December 2006, 10:48 AM
Good Work AP. Most things appear to be working fine.

Grunt
21st December 2006, 05:38 PM
Only thing that is not there that was before the upgrade is the box letting you know who was chatting.

Courty
21st December 2006, 05:43 PM
Sidebar is back now. Only thing I could find that isn;t working is the chatbox (as Grunt said above) and none of the 'modules' appear to be working (site stats/ reviews/ top posters etc.)

goughy
21st December 2006, 06:11 PM
Is the 'who is chatting' box not working or can't you see it? Atm it's down the bottom.

AndyP
21st December 2006, 07:09 PM
It's only on the bottom of the screen at the moment. Hopefully the mod that put it up the top of the screen neatly, gets updated soon.
I'd like it at the top too, but there's not much I can do about it.

AndyP
12th January 2007, 01:57 PM
Is the 'who is chatting' box not working or can't you see it? Atm it's down the bottom.

I'd like it at the top too, but there's not much I can do about it.
The guy who wrote the mod to get it up the top of the screen, doesn't seem to be maintaining the mod anymore, as there hasn't been any answers on the relevant forum for getting it upgraded for this new vbulletin version. And I'm not the only one asking. Bugger!

However, I have edited the code in the navigation bar above to include the number of chatters in the chatroom next to the link in parentheses. If you need to know who is in there then check the bottom of the main forum page.

Courty
12th January 2007, 01:59 PM
Nice work, AdminnyP. ;)

AndyP
25th January 2007, 11:23 PM
You may have noticed since the upgrade that a couple of the buttons were blue instead of green. Just a minor thing, but this has now been fixed thanks to Courty.

For the multi-quote users, when you select a post to multi-quote, the button doesn't change colour, it just changes from the '+' to a '-'. If this is a pain, let me know, and it can be changed to stand out more when selected.

3oneday
26th January 2007, 04:12 AM
Nice work, AdminnyP. ;)

it just changes from the '+' to a '-'. .sweet ;)

Grunt
15th February 2007, 06:36 AM
Is there another upgrade happening or just happened? The main home page for the site is now blue and green and the ozgolf logo is missing.

Jarro
15th February 2007, 06:39 AM
I thought it was just you taking over Grant ..... GRUNTGOLF !!

Grunt
15th February 2007, 06:50 AM
Look out, one day I may just do that!!! Be afraid, very afraid.

3oneday
15th February 2007, 07:00 AM
Look out, one day I may just do that!!! Be afraid, very afraid.I feel this is a significant threat to the wellbeing of ozgolf.... please BAN HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

AndyP
15th February 2007, 07:14 AM
Is there another upgrade happening or just happened? The main home page for the site is now blue and green and the ozgolf logo is missing.
Using that style is the only way the modules of the portal, like the reviews, links, and stats actually work for now. I have to find a way to fix the normal style so it works as well now.:-?

Jarro
15th February 2007, 07:16 AM
Ditch the orange while you're at it AndeePee

AndyP
15th February 2007, 07:18 AM
No chance. Our orange logo is going nowhere.

Jarro
15th February 2007, 07:35 AM
maybe we should run a poll ?

Courty
15th February 2007, 08:07 AM
:roll:

goughy
16th February 2007, 05:42 AM
Love the double banner this morning!!!!

3oneday
16th February 2007, 05:43 AM
:lol: :lol:

someone making a point about his orange ???

Grunt
16th February 2007, 05:51 AM
Maybe, I thought it was me having too much to drink last night and seeing double.

AndyP
16th February 2007, 06:35 AM
Sorry, I've been playing with the templates attempting to fix the front page modules. I didn't realise that had happened as my view hasn't refreshed.

goughy
16th February 2007, 07:00 AM
Das kool babie!!

AndyP
16th February 2007, 08:55 AM
It took me several more hours than I would have liked, but I believe the portal issues have now been fixed, with the correct colour scheme. (Let me know if it is otherwise)

The equipment and golf course reviews should now be able to be viewed or added to, as well as the various other modules.

Feel free to reacquaint yourself with the front page and it's features. :)

poidda
16th February 2007, 09:44 AM
Just one thing I've noticed? When I go to a post I have already read, it no longer auto-scrolls to the last post?

AndyP
16th February 2007, 09:46 AM
If you've already read it, why would it go to the last post? I don't think it would have been doing that before.

poidda
16th February 2007, 09:53 AM
hey AP, I I'll try and explain it gooder! :) I'm yet to have a coffee.

When I click on a thread now it takes me to the first post of the selected thread. It used to go to the first new post of the tthis ishread. This is from clicking the post from http://ozgolf.net/
Make sense?

AndyP
16th February 2007, 10:15 AM
When I click on a thread now it takes me to the first post of the selected thread. It used to go to the first new post of the tthis ishread. This is from clicking the post from http://ozgolf.net/
Make sense?
Are you clicking on the thread title or the little button to the left of the title?
The title takes you to the first post of the thread, and the little arrowed button to the left takes you to a new post in the thread. Which are you clicking on?

poidda
16th February 2007, 10:22 AM
Ahhh, that's what I was looking for!

Up until yesterday, the Title of the thread was doing the same as the little button on this page http://ozgolf.net/modules.php?name=Jig.

Sweet. All sorted now! :) Cheers

AndyP
16th February 2007, 10:29 AM
Okay. I didn't know that. It should behave the same way as the rest of the forum now.

poidda
16th February 2007, 10:33 AM
Yeah it must have been a small error in the previous setup that i capitalised on! :)

But now at least the button has been pointed out for those that didn't know it was there! hey BV!

AndyP
16th February 2007, 11:07 AM
BV was scrolling to find the newest post everytime??? That must have been painful.

Maybe I should have a forum tip of the day.

goughy
16th February 2007, 01:11 PM
Yeah it must have been a small error in the previous setup that i capitalised on! :)

But now at least the button has been pointed out for those that didn't know it was there! hey BV!

Heck, I only found out about it a little while ago. :oops:

BrisVegas
16th February 2007, 01:22 PM
BV was scrolling to find the newest post everytime??? That must have been painful.

Maybe I should have a forum tip of the day.

Hey, what? My ears are burning! Nah, I was just using "New Posts", then going to the last post in the thread. I've never really used the portal.

AndyP
16th February 2007, 01:26 PM
Hey, what? My ears are burning! Nah, I was just using "New Posts", then going to the last post in the thread. I've never really used the portal.
That button on the left is available on the new posts page as well, and will take you to the first unread post in the thread.

I also use the new posts search page instead of the forum.

BrisVegas
16th February 2007, 01:30 PM
yup. all sorted now. keep up the good work.

Ducky
16th February 2007, 02:10 PM
Have vBulletin progressed towards allowing you to modify everything through the stylesheets or not?

AndyP
16th February 2007, 02:36 PM
I haven't looked into it too much, but all of the pretty colours can be changed individually, as well as fonts, etc via CSS.

Rusty
16th February 2007, 04:57 PM
Ahhh, that's what I was looking for!

Up until yesterday, the Title of the thread was doing the same as the little button on this page http://ozgolf.net/modules.php?name=Jig.

Sweet. All sorted now! :) Cheers

yep, same thing was happening for me. those ticks'll now come in handy.

AndyP
18th February 2007, 09:26 PM
For those that are still having trouble viewing the reviews area on the front page, have a look in your cookies for one labelled bbstyle or something like that, and delete it. Removing this cookie worked for me at home.

burger
19th February 2007, 08:52 PM
Love the new Header!
A great tribute to, from all accounts, a couple of great guys.

stu.

AndyP
8th January 2008, 02:59 PM
I'm gearing up for another upgrade very soon, it may be tonight, it may be this weekend, but it will be happening, so you'll know why the site is down.

Wish me luck in having a smooth transition and not having to fix errors for the next couple of months. I don't like my chances.

PeteyD
8th January 2008, 03:06 PM
good luck doofus.

AndyP
8th January 2008, 03:07 PM
You'll forgive me if your account accidentally gets deleted, won't you Petey?

dc68
8th January 2008, 03:10 PM
:-#

PeteyD
8th January 2008, 03:11 PM
Where is that tazer ...

gazgolf1
8th January 2008, 03:36 PM
"Don't taze me bro"

Jarro
8th January 2008, 03:41 PM
Will the new upgrade include a "No banner shall include Golfer69" option ?

PeteyD
8th January 2008, 03:57 PM
Leave BrittanyP alone ...

AndyP
8th January 2008, 04:07 PM
I don't get it.

Courty
8th January 2008, 04:30 PM
What's the new upgrade consist of? Anything interesting?

AndyP
8th January 2008, 04:32 PM
Usually for security fixes, but I don't know about functional changes. I just hope it stops all these spammers from joining.

AndyP
8th January 2008, 08:43 PM
Very, very soon.

AndyP
8th January 2008, 10:33 PM
Well, I think that worked. Please let me know if there are any problems you come across.

I notice that this quick reply box is really small, and there are a couple of blue buttons about.

3oneday
9th January 2008, 06:22 AM
Not seeing blue buttons ?

AndyP
9th January 2008, 06:40 AM
You are or you aren't? If you aren't, they will turn up when you cache refreshes, unless I have put the greens back in by then.

Courty
9th January 2008, 06:42 AM
Hmmmm, do you have all the green versions you need?

AndyP
9th January 2008, 06:43 AM
I'll know after I upload the ones we have. It doesn't look like there are any new ones.

Grunt
9th January 2008, 06:47 AM
Only blueish coloured button I see is the little new posts arrow at the start of threads.

AndyP
9th January 2008, 07:36 AM
Oh crap, I thought the new version was meant to stop Grunt from logging in. #-o

Trust me, the blue buttons are there, because the greens ones aren't even on our server. You just haven't had a refresh yet. I've got a mix of both green and blue at the moment.

Eag's
9th January 2008, 07:38 AM
Yep a mix of green and blue here as well.

Grunt
9th January 2008, 07:38 AM
Have got the little quick reply box AP, that really sucks ;)

poidda
9th January 2008, 07:55 AM
I have red buttons. Ort maybe that's just my eyes after a few beers last night.

AndyP
9th January 2008, 07:56 AM
Have got the little quick reply box AP, that really sucks ;)It's not the size that matters.

Grunt
9th January 2008, 08:00 AM
It's not the size that matters.

Yeah it is quality but that is not there either;)

AndyP
9th January 2008, 12:36 PM
The upgrade went a bit better than i thought. Although it was a sub-sub-version upgrade as opposed to the sub-version upgrade that caused some issues last time. I think there's just a few blue buttons to be OZgolfed and it's done until next time. Maybe I'll try harder to keep up with it next time.

Next up is the portal upgrade.

dc68
9th January 2008, 01:48 PM
Next up is the portal upgrade.

Went to the Beat a few too many times last year P?

Choppa
9th January 2008, 01:50 PM
Is there a mod that makes it look like I am reading a technical word document? Would help me with all those prying eyes over my shoulder.

AndyP
9th January 2008, 01:50 PM
Went to the Beat a few too many times last year P?
Straws..clutching.

poidda
9th January 2008, 01:56 PM
Anyone succesfully Inserted an Image? I can't see to.

poidda
9th January 2008, 01:58 PM
Anyone succesfully Inserted an Image? I can't see to.

Actually, it seems to work in IE and not firefox.

AndyP
9th January 2008, 02:03 PM
I have it working in firefox.

What exactly is it doing or not doing?

poidda
9th January 2008, 02:11 PM
I have it working in firefox.

What exactly is it doing or not doing?

hmm, it does noting with a click of the image in the toolbar. I can't confirm that this hasn't been the case for ages though.

AndyP
9th January 2008, 02:23 PM
poidda, I just had the same problem, but then I clicked around the other buttons then went back to it and it worked. I've then closed the browser, and come back in, and it still works. It's a strange one, and isn't overly repeatable.

poidda
9th January 2008, 02:43 PM
poidda, I just had the same problem, but then I clicked around the other buttons then went back to it and it worked. I've then closed the browser, and come back in, and it still works. It's a strange one, and isn't overly repeatable.

Yeah all good now. That's a weird one.

Anyway, can we update this banner to something like this? It's getting a bit old!

http://lh5.google.com/poidda/R4RPx225vcI/AAAAAAAAADY/VwWhPEK-JvU/69.jpg?imgmax=640

AndyP
9th January 2008, 02:44 PM
<borat voice>Very Niiiiiice!</borat voice>

Choppa
9th January 2008, 02:51 PM
:smt038

shazza_rs
9th January 2008, 03:50 PM
Um.... why are there two logouts???

AndyP
9th January 2008, 03:57 PM
I'm trying to tempt people as much as possible to take that option instead of posting.

Courty
9th January 2008, 04:37 PM
The Quick Reply box is the same size for me (using Safari - it just works ;)). And anyhow, there are resize buttons if it's not big enough.

AndyP
9th January 2008, 05:35 PM
The Quick Reply box is the same size for me (using Safari - it just works ;)).
Damn Apple Spam!

I fixed it earlier today, ya dill.

Courty
9th January 2008, 05:49 PM
Yes, but I was logged in this morning before work and it was fine then, too.

just
9th January 2008, 05:58 PM
Andy
There are no numbers appearing between the chat brackets on the top toolbar. Before the upgrade if no one was in there I always got a (0) appearing, now its just ().
Any thoughts, or is it just my stupid computer?
Just

AndyP
9th January 2008, 08:37 PM
I didn't realise there was a zero there before, but I also see just the two brackets. There is definitely a number there when someone is in the chatroom though.

I had to upgrade the mods too, so maybe something changed with them.

edit: Nope, it's just brackets except the front page.

AndyP
9th January 2008, 09:24 PM
Um.... why are there two logouts???
Fixed. That one was a copy and paste error by myself. I have to manually edit a few things, to put the Chat link in the navigation bar.

There are no numbers appearing between the chat brackets on the top toolbar. Before the upgrade if no one was in there I always got a (0) appearing, now its just ().
Fixed for every page I believe, except when the new posts page has no posts (same as before).

TS
9th January 2008, 09:27 PM
Nice work. AP.

AndyP
14th September 2008, 04:51 PM
The upgrade went a bit better than i thought. Although it was a sub-sub-version upgrade as opposed to the sub-version upgrade that caused some issues last time. I'm looking at doing an upgrade tonight. And it will be a sub-version upgrade, which means it's quite likely that there will be problems integrating with the portal.

My priority tonight will be to have the forum operational, which means the portal may be down, colours different or functionality missing.

Something to remember if this is the case is to go to www.ozgolf.net/forums (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/../forums) instead of www.ozgolf.net (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/../).

As a result of the upgrade there will be downtime, so enjoy 'Idol' or 'Dancing'.

3oneday
14th September 2008, 06:09 PM
What time are you expecting it ? could you do it through CSI please, I won't miss anything then ;)

:lol:

AndyP
14th September 2008, 08:20 PM
Righto, it looks like posting is working. That's a start I guess.

Let me know what problems you come across and I'll see what I can do.

AndyP
14th September 2008, 08:31 PM
Oh crap! I think I've upgraded to an OZgolf version of Facebook.

Scottt
14th September 2008, 08:32 PM
chat missing?

clikchic
14th September 2008, 08:33 PM
He he! Love it, note the album feature, fabulous!!! We don't need a gallery anymore! :-)

AndyP
14th September 2008, 08:34 PM
chat missing?Nope, just the link in the navigation bar, which I've always had to manually include. It can still be accessed from the bottom of the main forum page.

shazza_rs
15th September 2008, 06:03 AM
I've lost all the banners at the top of the page.

Grunt
15th September 2008, 06:12 AM
I've lost all the banners at the top of the page.

Me too

Scottt
15th September 2008, 06:30 AM
me three, and the toolbar on the left with

User CP
View New Posts
View Today's Posts
Mark Forums Read
etc

Grunt
15th September 2008, 06:35 AM
Left toolbar was a pain, good to see it gone.

AndyP
15th September 2008, 06:45 AM
I've lost all the banners at the top of the page.The portal is now out of sync in versions with the forum, and the banners are part of that. Next job is to update the portal.

Me too+1

me three, and the toolbar on the left with

User CP
View New Posts
View Today's Posts
Mark Forums Read
etc
The sidebar is also managed by the portal.

Left toolbar was a pain, good to see it gone.You actually had it on your screen? Why didn't you just turn it off? I never had it on.

Grunt
15th September 2008, 06:46 AM
AP I did turn it off, just commenting that it was a pain when it was there.

Scottt
15th September 2008, 07:43 AM
I found it a great feature. My bottom lip started quivering when I saw it was gone!

mike
15th September 2008, 12:46 PM
Doesn't look any different.

Well done.

3oneday
15th September 2008, 01:09 PM
The Ignore thread option seems to have disappeared?

AndyP
15th September 2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks Pete. I'll add it to the list. I'm sure the fix won't be too hard.

Minor_Threat
15th September 2008, 06:24 PM
Pissed the banners off have we?

Edit: It seems about 3 others have already noticed this.. My bad!

AndyP
15th September 2008, 09:33 PM
They'll be back.

AndyP
15th September 2008, 10:58 PM
The Portal/Front Page has now been updated which means that the sidebar and banners are back.

There is still some tidying up to do, but once again the priority was to have it working. I can get to the other stuff later.

sms316
16th September 2008, 08:34 AM
I like the NSW sky blue set up.

Flowergirl
16th September 2008, 10:25 AM
Thought the new colour would be orange.;)

AndyP
16th September 2008, 10:53 AM
I think it looks more like Victorian blue (not that it is staying).

3oneday
16th September 2008, 03:17 PM
Do we still get emails with these "notifications" or do we have to set that back up ?

AndyP
16th September 2008, 03:20 PM
Haven't you been getting emails for notifications? I still have been.

Dazza
16th September 2008, 05:45 PM
Haven't you been getting emails for notifications? I still have been.

As have I.

jaybam
16th September 2008, 06:13 PM
Seeing as how i will not have access to the internet for a while it really doesnt matter but i miss the chat that was in the top bar. Was always easy to see if anyone was in there and then poke your head in to say hi. But seeing, as i said this is my last night on the internet who cares what i think. Wish all ozgolfers health and happiness and hope to return soon.
John

3oneday
16th September 2008, 06:18 PM
No emails for any PMs or notifications at all.

mikezone13
16th September 2008, 06:36 PM
When visiting the front page every thread is showing as new even after multiple visits to the page (i.e. threads are showing as new even though I visited them and viewed them yesterday)

3oneday
16th September 2008, 06:51 PM
Getting emails now 8)

AndyP
18th September 2008, 05:49 PM
The Ignore thread option seems to have disappeared?I've fixed it now. Unfortunately, it looks like I've wiped the current ignore thread lists that everyone would have had.

Seeing as how i will not have access to the internet for a while it really doesnt matter but i miss the chat that was in the top bar. Was always easy to see if anyone was in there and then poke your head in to say hi.As I said, this was a manual edit, that is, more painful. But I will get to it, despite rarely using the room myself anymore.

When visiting the front page every thread is showing as new even after multiple visits to the page (i.e. threads are showing as new even though I visited them and viewed them yesterday)
Is this still happening, Mike? Or is anyone else having this problem? It hasn't happened to me.

Dazza
18th September 2008, 05:55 PM
Is this still happening, Mike? Or is anyone else having this problem? It hasn't happened to me.
Edit- Working fine here. My bad.

AndyP
18th September 2008, 06:33 PM
A-ha. I actually saw your initial post and went hunting for an answer, but couldn't find one.

Dazza
19th September 2008, 07:08 AM
Anyone else having issues accessing the portal page?
http://www.ozgolf.net/modules/Jig/index.php

Even when I typed in www.ozgolf.net (http://www.ozgolf.net) it redirects to the above address & fails to work (Blank white screen).

AndyP
19th September 2008, 07:16 AM
Yeah, I just opened the site in IE and the portal produced the white page. Joy!

henno
19th September 2008, 07:16 AM
http://ozgolf.net/modules/Active_Topics/index.php

... is also broken.

AndyP
19th September 2008, 07:20 AM
That page is part of the portal also, although it just worked for me on Firefox on the MacOS.

For that sort of thing, I use the new post function through the forum anyway.

dc68
19th September 2008, 09:21 AM
When is this going to be fixed P? I am still getting the white page of death!!!

AndyP
19th September 2008, 12:05 PM
Dunno. I haven't looked into it, so I don't know what the problem is.
At least the forum still works.

sms316
19th September 2008, 12:32 PM
Dunno. I haven't looked into it, so I don't know what the problem is.
At least the forum still works.
Read: He is too busy praying to God that Hawthorn don't choke this weekend to have time for anything else.
:mrgreen:

AndyP
19th September 2008, 01:39 PM
Or I've got a rostered day off while you suckers are at work. :mrgreen:

AndyP
20th September 2008, 11:43 AM
When is this going to be fixed P? I am still getting the white page of death!!!I believe this is fixed now. Could someone please tell me if it is not (reset the cache first before reporting back)?

What a pain in the arse problem. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working, but in some circumstances I could get the portal to appear. Anyway after plenty of time trying to work it out, it turned out to be a simple fix. I hate when that happens!!

Dazza
20th September 2008, 11:48 AM
I believe this is fixed now. Could someone please tell me if it is not (reset the cache first before reporting back)?

What a pain in the arse problem. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working, but in some circumstances I could get the portal to appear. Anyway after plenty of time trying to work it out, it turned out to be a simple fix. I hate when that happens!!

Working fine here. :)
Good job AndyP!

PeteyD
20th September 2008, 09:38 PM
Simple fixes are always good. What is the Tag box ?

AndyP
20th September 2008, 10:10 PM
It's for tags......

Ummm, it's on my to-do list to find out what the new features are and give a bit of a brief. That one does intrigue me though.

Coffs_Hacker
21st September 2008, 08:35 AM
Anyone else having issues accessing the portal page?
http://www.ozgolf.net/modules/Jig/index.php

Even when I typed in www.ozgolf.net it redirects to the above address & fails to work (Blank white screen).

I had this problem too, cleared all the internet cached files off the comp and it worked fine afterwards.

AndyP
22nd September 2008, 07:40 PM
Here's some new functionality that has potential for us to use.

I can set up something called a thread prefix (http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/thread_prefixes) that gives a thread starter the option to choose from a list of prefixes that will be at the start of the thread title (it would also stand out in different font/colour).
The main spot I am thinking for this is the Pro Shop with the prefixes:
For Sale
Wanted
Trade

or something like that.

Maybe the 1st Tee too.
QLD
NSW
VIC
ACT
TAS
SA
WA
NT
OS
Special

What do you think?

Grunt
22nd September 2008, 07:42 PM
good Idea AP

PeteyD
22nd September 2008, 07:43 PM
looks like an idea. The andyp_twit image is not showing

Courty
22nd September 2008, 07:53 PM
Could that be used to differentiate 'For Sale' threads from 'Sold' threads?

AndyP
22nd September 2008, 07:57 PM
Could that be used to differentiate 'For Sale' threads from 'Sold' threads?I was thinking that, but I wasn't sure if a user could change the prefix once the thread was going. It is something I would need to test.

Petey, the tag system won't work if people abuse it. :razz:

Courty
22nd September 2008, 07:59 PM
I was thinking that, but I wasn't sure if a user could change the prefix once the thread was going. It is something I would need to test.

Oh ok. I'm still in favour of the idea of separating the 'Sold' threads from the 'Still for sale' threads.

AndyP
22nd September 2008, 08:26 PM
It can be edited after it has started, so how about the following?

For Sale
Sold
Wanted
Found
Trade
Traded

Suggestions?

Courty
22nd September 2008, 08:36 PM

For Sale
Sold
Wanted
Found
Trade
Traded

Suggestions?

Yeah, something like that would be fine. I reckon only 2 colours would be needed. One for active sales or searches, and one for completed... I think we should use something other than the lime green too. :smt108

How about"

For sale or
Wanted and
Sold or
Found

henno
23rd September 2008, 05:24 AM
Yeah, something like that would be fine. I reckon only 2 colours would be needed. One for active sales or searches, and one for completed... I think we should use something other than the lime green too. :smt108

How about"

For sale or
Wanted and
Sold or
Found

I also vote for two colours only (active and inactive), and to ditch the lime green.

Jarro
23rd September 2008, 02:36 PM
How about : What's replacing this ??

3oneday
23rd September 2008, 02:46 PM
I vote for the Mod person with no admin rights to be Pink not red.

Grunt
23rd September 2008, 02:46 PM
Or one for the 1st Tee in the colours of which state it is

NSW
QLD
Victoria
SA
WA

AndyP
23rd September 2008, 02:56 PM
Or one for the 1st Tee in the colours of which state it is

NSW
QLD
Victoria
SA
WAWhat an awesome idea!!!! Pure genius!!!

Grunt
23rd September 2008, 02:57 PM
I know you put it in earlier, just thought you had decided against it and was trying to bring it back up.

sms316
23rd September 2008, 02:58 PM
Would Tasmania be;

Tas Tas

3oneday
23rd September 2008, 03:33 PM
I think QLD should be pink too.

PeteyD
23rd September 2008, 03:49 PM
NSW Poo Brown?

Jarro
24th September 2008, 07:21 AM
Um .. er, how long have we had these 'friends' and 'social groups' functions for ? Are they new applications from the recent upgrade ?

I've only just found them :oops:

AndyP
24th September 2008, 07:24 AM
You're dumb. You're stupid. No.

3oneday
24th September 2008, 07:24 AM
Can't see it easily, if it is still there somewhere.

Jarro
24th September 2008, 07:25 AM
Chat's still there stupid/dumb-dumb

You have to access it through the portal now though (that sounds so sexual)

3oneday
24th September 2008, 07:25 AM
What's a portal ?

3oneday
24th September 2008, 07:26 AM
Found it :)

AndyP
24th September 2008, 07:26 AM
Or the bottom of the main forum page, where it will list who is in there.

Jarro
24th September 2008, 12:01 PM
Or the bottom of the main forum page, where it will list who is in there.

But there isn't a link to the chatroom on the bottom of the main forum page is there ??? :?

AndyP
24th September 2008, 12:15 PM
If you click on http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/images/ozgolf/misc/whos_online.gif down the bottom, you should get there.

Jarro
24th September 2008, 12:28 PM
Ok thanks AdminAndeepee :mrgreen:

mikezone13
24th September 2008, 04:16 PM

Yep still happening, been away for a few days but threads from 3 or 4 weeks ago still appear as 'unread'.

I'm using Firefox

AndyP
25th September 2008, 08:25 PM
Could people please inform me if they come across any broken button images or similar. I'm sure I saw a couple today, but can't remember now.

Courty
25th September 2008, 08:28 PM
The 'Go' button on the Search box (left side) is still blue.

AndyP
25th September 2008, 08:44 PM
I can't find where you are talking about, Courty. Have you got a link for me, and can you change the button to green. ;)

Courty
25th September 2008, 08:48 PM

AndyP
28th September 2008, 04:12 PM
chat missing?

Nope, just the link in the navigation bar, which I've always had to manually include. It can still be accessed from the bottom of the main forum page.

Seeing as how i will not have access to the internet for a while it really doesnt matter but i miss the chat that was in the top bar. Was always easy to see if anyone was in there and then poke your head in to say hi.
Hawks win and the chat link has been fixed up the top. I'm on a roll. 8-)

Courty
28th September 2008, 06:35 PM
Nice work. :mrgreen:

Grunt
29th September 2008, 09:52 AM
nice work AP.

Just another thing that you may have covered but the PM alert box is still coming up those default colour that the upgrade gave.

AndyP
29th September 2008, 10:17 AM
I didn't know that, because I've never used it. I'll have to have a look, thanks.

Jarro
29th September 2008, 10:19 AM

For Sale
Sold
Wanted
Found
Trade
Traded

Suggestions?

maybe the blue might've been a better colour to go with ???

There seems to be too much orange around for my liking :mrgreen:

3oneday
29th September 2008, 10:32 AM
Matches your new shirt :p

AndyP
29th September 2008, 02:49 PM
Just another thing that you may have covered but the PM alert box is still coming up those default colour that the upgrade gave.
I just trialled it in IE and it used the colour based on the browser/windows envrionment, not the forum.

Grunt
29th September 2008, 03:34 PM
I just trialled it in IE and it used the colour based on the browser/windows envrionment, not the forum.

Ahh ok then, no worries. Did not think of that thought it was the forum.

AndyP
15th October 2008, 11:08 PM
As discussed in the Forum Upgrade Thread, prefixes can be added to thread titles. At this stage, it has been added to the Pro Shop Forum.
Should this be set up so that the thread can't start unless it has a prefix?

Similarly, for the 1st Tee threads with region prefixes?

Jarro
15th October 2008, 11:41 PM
Should this be set up so that the thread can't start unless it has a prefix?

Similarly, for the 1st Tee threads with region prefixes?

Yes, i think it needs to be done ..

.. so do it !!

Courty
16th October 2008, 06:02 AM
Yes, i think it needs to be done ..

Agreed.

Jarro
16th October 2008, 07:52 AM
I also think the for sale prefix needs to be a bolder colour so as to stand out a bit more in the pro-shop forum.

AndyP
16th October 2008, 08:43 AM
I'm still waiting for more important people to comment.

Jarro
16th October 2008, 08:46 AM
Surely somebody who actually looks/posts in the For Sale thread should have his opinion taken a little bit more seriously :roll:

BrisVegas
16th October 2008, 09:03 AM
I "look" in the Pro Shop a lot and I like jarro's suggestion.

Jarro
16th October 2008, 09:13 AM
Thankyou Dion

:)

AndyP
16th October 2008, 09:43 AM
Nah, tyrekickers don't count.

PeteyD
17th October 2008, 09:20 PM
Do it

AndyP
17th October 2008, 10:42 PM
Meh, I've moved on now.

Courty
17th October 2008, 10:43 PM

Jarro
18th December 2008, 09:06 AM
Here's some new functionality that has potential for us to use.

I can set up something called a thread prefix (http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/thread_prefixes) that gives a thread starter the option to choose from a list of prefixes that will be at the start of the thread title (it would also stand out in different font/colour).
The main spot I am thinking for this is the Pro Shop with the prefixes:
For Sale
Wanted
Trade

or something like that.

Maybe the 1st Tee too.
QLD
NSW
VIC
ACT
TAS
SA
WA
NT
OS
Special

What do you think?

Any chance we could get the Special prefix changed to another colour other than orange ?

Purple perhaps ?? :?

AndyP
18th December 2008, 09:23 AM
Too hard.

Jarro
18th December 2008, 10:33 AM
prick !

mike
27th April 2011, 01:24 PM
Is the forum broken? I've got some messages in my inbox and sent items folder that I've never seen before and can't open.
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t325/yumbotto/huh.jpg

AndyP
27th April 2011, 01:31 PM
There appear to be some issues, although I doubt that they are because of the 2008 upgrade.

mike
27th April 2011, 09:13 PM
Yeah, sorry 'bout that. This seemed as good a place as any.

markTHEblake
27th April 2011, 11:22 PM
Proud of your effort mikey.

AndyP
28th April 2011, 05:12 AM
This seemed as good a place as any.

I think not.