PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 11th December

Bruce
11th December 2006, 08:28 PM
Finally got around to using a voucher I won and took my Dad, Brother-In-Law and the Wife's boss to Woodlands.

Wind was super shitty at 40km/h with 60km/h gusts and so we all got brutalised at different points through the day.

99 off the bat which would have been 28 points. I wonder if I've been coddled the previous times I've played there. They had some of the most diabolical pin positions I've ever seen there. Combine that with the wind gusts and putting was a fricken lottery for me today. I had a 4putt fercrysakes.

It was still better than work though and I did manage to sneak in 4 pars on some of the more hidden holes.

chappy1970
12th December 2006, 10:08 AM
Bruce,
Woodlands is hard enough with those postage stamp greens let alone heaps of wind. I think it is definetly one of the harder courses on the sandbelt.

Chappy

Flowergirl
12th December 2006, 01:21 PM
Yep.I agree. The greens are tiny!!!!!! Great course though. I love the planes flying overhead. :-D

Grunt
12th December 2006, 05:00 PM
Played with Trung at Carnarvon this afternoon.
Played ok on the front nine, but I lost my swing on the back.
30 points
1 3 putt
lots of bad drives on the back nine
A Birdie :) on the 13th

lesson booked for tomorrow hopefully can sort out the swing.

PeteyD
13th December 2006, 12:02 PM
34 Points at Reddy this morning. Started out well with 19 on the first nine (par par start!). Faded towards the end.

Courty
13th December 2006, 05:26 PM
32pts in my warm-up for Nudgee. My start was encouraging, but it all started to go pear-shaped towards the end. :???:

Flowergirl
14th December 2006, 10:14 AM
First round yesterday that wasn't a foursomes!!!! Had a very nice 40 points - won the comp - and reduced from 16.4 to 15.8. Phew!!! I only had .1 till I was back to 17.Hit the ball well, short game was good and even putted ok. Yea!!!!!!!!

amanda
14th December 2006, 10:17 AM
Wow - great work Reenie!

AndyP
14th December 2006, 10:22 AM
You're a gun, FG. Well done!

Grunt
14th December 2006, 11:42 AM
Well Done FG

I played with Andrew this morning at Ashlar. Had 26 points. Had a few highlights including a birdie on the second & a few great clutch putts (10 feet+) Putting was great, short irons not too bad. Swing with longer clubs was very inconsistent. It was one of those days after lessons have made changes to the swing and my body was just confused. I was thinking too much. It got better towards the end of the round, hopefully the body will remember the changes over the coming days.

Grunt
15th December 2006, 03:31 PM
Played Eastlake GC this morning in pretty trying conditions (understatement) with QANTAS Engineering Golf Club. Day started off in light misty showers, before a Southerly change came through bringing Rain squalls and constant showers for the rest of the day.

On the golf side of things I played pretty well. Had 5 pars, one wipe and a fair few bogies.

Gross 93
Nett 75
32 Stab points
41 points 2BBB

Dont think I have ever been as wet doing something on dry land as this ever before. Good thing was the new swing is starting to gel in the memory and I am not having 200 thoughts going through my on what to put where and how it all works.

Jarro
15th December 2006, 03:36 PM
35 points at Nudgee today.

Hit it OK for most of the time, had a couple of bad holes .. only 1 wipe though :) 3 or 4 1 pointers didn't help the cause.

AndyP
15th December 2006, 08:05 PM
15/12/2006, Nudgee GC, Stableford

6/14 effective fairways.
5/18 effective approaches.
4/11 up and down successes.
32 putts.
------------
1 birdie.
5 pars
6 bogeys.
6 doubles.
Score 43-45-88 stab 30pts (Par 35-36-71)

Started the round hitting the ball well, finding fairways and getting on or around the greens, but wasted the scoring opportunities with a poor short game. It's just disappeared, and it's frustrating. (Why o why won't the golf gods let all facets of the game sync together?)

When the fairways started getting missed from big "powerfades", there was nothing to save the score. Got a bit dejected by the time the last few holes came around.

That said, I'll take 30pts for what I feel was a bad round. Unfortunately my handicap has crept out to 12 again.

Next round: 22/12, Nambour GC, Stableford.

Flowergirl
16th December 2006, 07:20 AM
Social game yesterday - played 18 but we had to play the front nine twice:shock: . Had a 42 and 44. ( par is 74) Just realised that I shot well under my handicap - four shots - isn't it? Because our normal 18 is 37 + 34 I thought I only played to my par.

I'm playing my fairway woods and iron shots as well as I ever had. Drives are ok - not in trouble but not making solid connection. Short game is improving but has heaps of work needed. Got to start making more up and downs.

Playing with Johnny Boy in American Foursomes today. Hope we survive.:twisted: Now - I know that he never will get cross with me so if we have a blue it will be my fault. So - regardless of what happens - I will be positive and forgiving. It's only a game - and in light of what has happened this week he can duff every shot he wants and I will just look at him with love cos at least I have him with me.

Grunt
16th December 2006, 12:26 PM
Played the monthly medal this morning. Had one of those days where you feel like you are hitting the ball better than the score suggests.
Gross 92
Nett 74
Putts 35
6 Fairways

Funny thing was the driver worked reasonably well all day, I guess it knew it may have been it's last round before the new R7 460 comes into the bag :). No more golf till next Saturday, maybe Friday Morning.

Ona
16th December 2006, 01:19 PM
Took Friday arvo off and had a round with a mate at Lonsdale GC, a course I've played before but not in many years. I only play once in a while now so don't want to spoil myself to shitty lies, and thankfully despite strict water restrictions Lonsdale is in good nick. Sold my hogans a while ago so was playing with my old irons and hadn't hit my driver on a course since having a UL440 stuck in it.

The layout is undergoing some changes atm so it's played as a par 71 and I was VERY happy to come away with a 79, 5 over on the front and 3 on the back. Hit way more good shots than bad and didn't have a single three putt :-D Still hit the driver all over the place and my lob wedge cost me round 3 shots I reckon, but I'm chuffed and look forward to my next game. If it's at Lonsdale I'll know not to hit 2 more clubs than needed into the last hole, the thing had no distance marker and has a hollow infront of the green :mad:

BrisVegas
16th December 2006, 02:37 PM
Monthly Medal today off the blacks.

78 gross (37+41) for 70 nett.
11 fairways
8 GIR
29 putts

Had a couple of ugly double-bogeys on the back 9 thanks to some plugged balls in bunkers, but otherwise got it around pretty well. Hit some great wedges to save par.

Was good to play with nudgee and watch him smashing driver and his irons. Inspired me I think.

jimandr
16th December 2006, 05:44 PM
I played quite well today. 37 points is my best score since July and should save me from getting a shot back.

Fairways = 11 of 14 (good)
Greens = 9 of 18
Putts = 32, one threeputt, 1 birdie
Up&Down = 4 of 8
Sand saves = 0 of 1.

Eag's
16th December 2006, 05:48 PM
Nice shooting Dion, looks like you have the short stick under control mate :)

Courty
17th December 2006, 10:05 PM
35 points at Nudgee on Friday morning. I wasn't keeping track of stats, and now can't remember enough of the course to transcribe them. I'm pretty happy with the way I hit the ball (especially after the way I was chopping them on the range :roll:) and very happy with the score considering I'd never seen the course before. Great company, an extremely enjoyable day.

billybaub
17th December 2006, 11:17 PM
just played carbrook today
in the wind and had 43 points for a 76 off the stick

i think my handicap of 12 is about to take a nice big chop...
ohwell...i guess i will wake up in A grade now...i think just one shot to go to get to single figures...now only have a few days to do it

was my goal for this year

BrisVegas
18th December 2006, 07:39 AM
great stuff billybaub. 76 around Carbrook is a hellova score. Congrats.

Flowergirl
18th December 2006, 07:43 AM
Wow - some great golf happening this week. Congrats to all you made some great scores out there. :)

Well Johhny Boy and I survived our American Foursomes. We came in third with a 69 ( what else:smt002 ). The winners had a Net 61.....whattha!!!!!!! Johhny boy played real good - but if only I could get him to focus on his great shots rather than dwell on the bad. He's capable of a lot better than what he gives himself credit for. We had a great day - my idea of a perfect day. Sunshine, a few drinks, golf and Johnny Boy. What more could a girl want.:mrgreen:

chappy1970
18th December 2006, 07:50 AM
Had 37 points yesterday, absolutely flawless day for golf.

Had 2 wipes, one was poor course management - taking driver from the tee instead of 3wd and pulled it slightly into a dam. Second was a cold top, yep a cold top straight along the ground about 100mtrs.

With the 2 wipes aside, I believe that I left about 3 shots out there, so generally I rellay happy with the way I'm hitting it.

Summary
1 Birdie
9 Pars
6 bogeys
2 I'd rather not talk about.

Chappy

Grunt
18th December 2006, 11:40 AM
Just checked my golf link and found out I came 10th in the monthly medal with a 74 nett. :) Gee this new feature of seeing the field and where you have come is great.