PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 4th December

BrisWesty
9th December 2006, 06:22 PM
Oh well, someone had to start the thread.

Jarro
9th December 2006, 06:27 PM
I played at Nudgee again on wednesday for 32 points.

Hit 6 fairways and had 31 putts

BrisWesty
9th December 2006, 06:36 PM
30 points today at Caboolture. Took the girls with me in the cart.

Chipped in for a birdie on the 18th.

I used my head a little too much on the 5th hole, much to my daughters' amusement. Ball was stuck between two roots. I hacked it out only for it to hit the front root from where it ricocheted vertically up into my forehead. Fortunately I hadn't tried to hit the ball too hard, so it didn't break the skin, but there's a little bit of a bruise. It hurt but didn't stop me finishing the game. What's worst is that after all that I failed to nod it out onto the fairway.

Haven't figured out what you call out in that circumstance where you are trying to warn yourself that you're going to be hit by the ball? "Forehead"?

Wish I'd gotten that one on video!

Thought Alaina was going to bust a blood vessel laughing after our 5 year old told her.

Now Jono, about that 73 degree wedge?

I wonder if Titleist have thought of bringing out a bucket crash helmet?

As a side issue, at the end of the round, one of the guys I played with praised up the girls' behaviour on the course. I was thrilled about that, because he's one of the course marshals.

PeteyD
9th December 2006, 07:33 PM
36 Points at Lakelands today with the guys from here (thanks to Shavey) in windy conditions. The renos were only really noticable on the greens. Fairly happy with how I went, getting a lot more consistant.

Jarro
9th December 2006, 07:41 PM
nice shootin' Pete ... 36 points at lakelands is handy scoring indeed 8)

BrisVegas
9th December 2006, 08:40 PM
80 gross for 36 points around Brooky today off the golds.

10 GIR
6 GIR
29 putts

couple of sand saves, which is always nice at Brookwater.

AndyP
9th December 2006, 10:14 PM
09/12/2006, Lakelands, OZgolf Stableford

8 pars.
9 bogeys.
1 double.
Score 42-41-83 stab 36pts (Par 36-36-72)

Early in the round, I had two bizarre greenside shanked chips. Don't know where they came from, and thankfully they didn't hang around, in fact, I was chipping quite well by the end.

I seem to be in a fairly consistent scoring patch at the moment, without doing anything special.

My driving has a fairly consistent fade, with the bad one being a big slice. I might be losing a little distance, but at least I can play for it.
Irons are being struck well with minimal shockers, but misses can be either to the left or right.
I also seem to be pumping putts too long quite often, most of the time I get the putt back, but not every time.
It was a solid round, with a little stumble at the end when I knew I was travelling okay.

Bring on another thereabouts round on Friday.

Next round: 15/12, Nudgee GC, Courty round.

Moe Norman
10th December 2006, 09:03 AM
Lakelands

Didn't keep proper stats due to very serious match going on in our group and some poor play to start.

I had 29 Points, which isn't bad after I had NO Points on the opening 4 holes due to some poor play off the tee and a couple of skanked chips. I also wiped 18 after hitting one of the longest drives I've ever managed, but couldn't find the green from 65m centre fairway :(

Made a nice eagle on 16 and a birdie on 17 to win the match which was pretty exciting.