8th December 2006, 02:24 PM
He has retired from International and domestic cricket

about time FFS :p

Pushed perhaps?

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=169585

Link added.

Fishman Dan
8th December 2006, 02:32 PM
His last 2 shots in test cricket smacked of nothing but contempt. It almost looked like he had no interest on hanging around to win the game, but to go out in a blaze of glory.... or failure.

AP will be very happy ;)

AndyP
8th December 2006, 02:43 PM
This is devastating news. I feel that he had so much more to offer to the side, as the opposition have never figured out how to claim his wicket. He has been a consistent performer for his country since his debut, and one of his greatest attributes was his decision making with shots. I doubt there is anyone that can adequately replace him in the Australian Team, and the side will struggle in the near future. He will be missed.

3oneday
8th December 2006, 03:26 PM
there is NO ONE that can adequately replace him in the Australian Team, and the side will struggle in the near future. He will be missed.:p Marto RAWKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I sense a conspiracy :evil:

Jarro
8th December 2006, 03:28 PM
Pretty sporting declaration that one 8)

He would've been picked for the Perth test for sure, but has said that he wasn't 100% commited to the cause anymore.

Does this mean they can pick Roy in the side now ?

Courty
8th December 2006, 03:29 PM
Making way for Watson?
Jumping before he was pushed?

AndyP
8th December 2006, 03:30 PM
Watson is ruled out for the Perth Test, so I don't know who will be coming in. I'd like to see them introduce someone who will be part of the team's future. Maybe Cosgrove could be given a go.

Fishman Dan
8th December 2006, 03:32 PM
Does this mean they can pick Roy in the side now ?

He would be the obvious choice - although i think we could go in with another bowler and still make more runs than them.

Tough job for the selectors - MacGill or Bracken?!

Jarro
8th December 2006, 03:36 PM
Has anyone checked to see if Moe is OK :shock:

;)

Fishman Dan
8th December 2006, 04:00 PM
Has anyone checked to see if Moe is OK :shock:

;)

2 birds with 1 stone?

Jarro
8th December 2006, 06:10 PM
from the FoxSports website :

ADAM Voges and Andrew Symonds have been named in a 13-man Australia squad to play the third Ashes Test against England in Perth next week.
Uncapped Western Australia batsman Voges has replaced Damien Martyn, who today announced his shock retirement, while Queensland all rounder Symonds was named instead of South Australia fast bowler Shaun Tait.

Grunt
8th December 2006, 07:20 PM
What has Shaun Tait done Wrong?

Moe Norman
8th December 2006, 07:23 PM
he really must be over it to walk out on a half million $ contract

Jarro
8th December 2006, 07:43 PM
he just got sick of blokes like you taking the piss outta him all the time Moe :p

glen
8th December 2006, 08:08 PM
Must have been pushed,selectors were waiting for Michael Clarke to prove himself then get rid of the dead wood. Every bowler knew to stack the offside field,bowl short and wide outside off stump and wait for him to hit a catch to point/gully. Now just need a few more new south welshmen in the team

terryand
8th December 2006, 09:46 PM
Must have been pushed,selectors were waiting for Michael Clarke to prove himself then get rid of the dead wood. Every bowler knew to stack the offside field,bowl short and wide outside off stump and wait for him to hit a catch to point/gully. Now just need a few more new south welshmen in the team

Oh well, there goes that winning culture :-s

Terry.

glen
9th December 2006, 04:22 PM
I was waiting for a bite,thought there would be more!!

Yossarian
27th January 2014, 11:44 PM
I heart damo.

AndyP
28th January 2014, 12:06 AM
This isn't the thread.

Shadesy
28th January 2014, 12:29 AM
Brett Lee was better

simmsy
28th January 2014, 12:48 AM
Watson is ruled out for the Perth Test, so I don't know who will be coming in. I'd like to see them introduce someone who will be part of the team's future. Maybe Cosgrove could be given a go.

Watson out for Perth test. Geez 8 years on and same thing still continues.

AndyP
28th January 2014, 08:14 AM
I bet Damien Martyn is still shit too.

Moe Norman
29th January 2014, 02:41 PM
Just finished reading Pontings book.

He reckons Martyn was the best Australian batsman he played with, and had more talent than any Australian batsman in the last 30 years including himself.

High praise.

Jarro
29th January 2014, 03:27 PM
Just finished reading Pontings book.

He reckons Martyn was the best Australian batsman he played with, and had more talent than any Australian batsman in the last 30 years including himself.

High praise.

I'll bet Mark Waugh was pissed off when he read that :lol:

TheNuclearOne
29th January 2014, 03:40 PM
Never mind Mark, what about Steve Waugh LOL. Ponting's called Martyn a better bat. Lucky he only played with Boonie when he was declined or i'd be pissed :D

Mark was a top bat but sometimes i wonder if his grace and style gets him bonus points over more effective batsman.

AndyP
29th January 2014, 03:57 PM
Talent does not equal good results.

Moe Norman
29th January 2014, 05:48 PM
his results were pretty good, particularly on the sub continent.

Yossarian
30th January 2014, 05:43 PM
Andy why do you hate Marto?

AndyP
31st January 2014, 08:53 AM
I don't.

TR66
2nd February 2014, 01:31 PM
Marto was the best bat I bowled to and probably the best bowler I faced / kept to.

He should of bowled a lot more in his career Imho, would of made a great all-rounder.