PDA

View Full Version : Weeds

chappy1970
8th December 2006, 10:03 AM
Anybody happen to catch the new show on channel 9 last night called 'WEEDS'.

Very different show to antything else on commercial telly to the moment IMO.

I thought it was actually pretty good, whilst I am against the peddling of any drugs whatsoever it had some intriguing side stories.

Chappy

Courty
8th December 2006, 10:21 AM
I caught the end of it last night. I was surprised at some of the language. I heard a word that is rarely heard in 'R' rated movies let alone FTA TV. I've heard good things about the show, but haven't gone out of my to watch it yet as I have the entire season at my disposal. I'll be watching it over the Xmas holidays.

chappy1970
8th December 2006, 01:27 PM
I caught the end of it last night. I was surprised at some of the language. I heard a word that is rarely heard in 'R' rated movies let alone FTA TV. I've heard good things about the show, but haven't gone out of my to watch it yet as I have the entire season at my disposal. I'll be watching it over the Xmas holidays.

Courty, Wouldn't mind getting a hold of that season. Where did you get it from?

Chappy

Courty
8th December 2006, 01:38 PM
My mate got them off Bit Torrent. He's also got most of season 2. 7GB total so far. I'll email them to you... ;)

gazgolf1
8th December 2006, 02:28 PM
Have seen both seasons.....one of the best shows on TV,very clever and some great characters.Doug is p!ss funny and Celia has some very witty lines.
Highly Recommended. :)

Golf_Novice
8th December 2006, 02:33 PM
I had actually never heard of it before this thread... but I looked on the Channel Nine website and read about it... Sounds a little like a Desperate Housewives kinda series. Each with their own closets.

It says on the website that it's on Tuesday nights... is this right?? Might have to have a look next week...

goughy
8th December 2006, 06:37 PM
I quite enjoyed it. And yes, I sat bolt upright when I heard that word. The only other time I've heard it was on an episode of Sex in the city. The brunette bombshell was chasing a painter for an exhibition. His series of painting were of .... and that word must have aired 20 or more times during the show.

As I said to Robyn, it's almost strange hearing that word come out of a woman's mouth (unless it's Shazza ;) ).

We'll keep watching. While I agree the subject matter is a bit off, it was quite funny. I 'spose you could pencil it into the black comedy genre of a sort.

shazza_rs
8th December 2006, 06:46 PM
As I said to Robyn, it's almost strange hearing that word come out of a woman's mouth (unless it's Shazza ;) ).

not nice goughy.....

even if it is true ;)

goughy
8th December 2006, 07:35 PM
Sorry Shazz. I was really tossing up whether to post that or not, and figured that if you were really peeved you wouldn't hold a grudge. I just figured at some stage during a round a driver would probably collect me in a place and way I just don't want to think of.

I decided it was worth the risk..... maybe ;)

Ducky
8th December 2006, 07:38 PM
Are you saying that Shazza drops C-bombs and breaks her clubs?

goughy
8th December 2006, 08:16 PM
I don't know about the breaking clubs part....

Maybe reverse the order :)

Ducky
8th December 2006, 08:52 PM
Oh she definitely breaks clubs. Didn't you see her swing video? She broke one in the video!

shazza_rs
9th December 2006, 09:40 AM
Oh she definitely breaks clubs. Didn't you see her swing video? She broke one in the video!

I did not....... I do swear but i don't break clubs..... except for that one time :mrgreen: (and no it isn't the driver in the video... that was just a slam on the ground.... no harm done)

poidda
11th January 2007, 10:44 AM
I just finished watching the first 2 seasons of Weeds last night, and gotta say it's worth a watch. Doug and Andy are p1ss funny.

On another note, anyone heard of, or seen Huff? It's another Showtime black comedy that I stumbled across a couple of reviews last night. I'm in the prcoess of downloading the first season, so will report back in.