PDA

View Full Version : Allow myself, to introduce... myself.

Johnny Canuck
6th December 2006, 05:20 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking here for a few days now, just recently discovered the site.
I am a Canadian by birth that travelled the country in 2001 and fell in love with it. Something about not having to shovel snow in the winter and being able to golf all year around appealed to me.
I now live in WA and have recently married an Aussie girl, so it looks as if I am here to stay.

Jarro
6th December 2006, 05:22 PM
Welcome Johnny :)

goughy
6th December 2006, 05:28 PM
Hello, to another canadian living in WA. Is there something about the place? Hope you're enjoying yourself...

just
6th December 2006, 05:33 PM
Hello Johnny
Welcome. Do you live in Perth?

Johnny Canuck
6th December 2006, 05:41 PM
Hello Johnny
Welcome. Do you live in Perth?
Close to it. Port Kennedy to be exact.

Ducky
6th December 2006, 05:44 PM
Welcome, ay!

;)

Iain
6th December 2006, 07:37 PM
Welcome Johnny... :)

Grunt
6th December 2006, 08:25 PM
Welcome to the wide weird world that is OzGolf.

Courty
6th December 2006, 09:24 PM
Hi Johnny. Nice part of the world over there. Are you a regular at K-Bay?
Do you know Speirsy?

Johnny Canuck
6th December 2006, 09:37 PM
I am a regular at K. Bay. Does my head in. Don't know Speirsy, does he play out of the bay as well?

Courty
6th December 2006, 09:41 PM
Speirsy is a member at Sanctuary. I played with him at Kennedy Bay about a month ago while I was in WA on business. He is from Canada as well. K-Bay tore me a new one. I don't know if I could handle playing there too often. :???:

AndyP
6th December 2006, 11:04 PM
Welcome to the forum, JC. Most of us are pretty annoying, but we grow on you.

Johnny Canuck
7th December 2006, 12:17 AM
Speirsy is a member at Sanctuary. I played with him at Kennedy Bay about a month ago while I was in WA on business. He is from Canada as well. K-Bay tore me a new one. I don't know if I could handle playing there too often. :???:
I actually played at Sanctuary for the first time last week. It was a very refreshing change from Kennedy. (I also had my 2nd ever hole in one, so I really enjoyed it!)
I played Kennedy today and played through a group on the 10th. I asked how their day was going and the reply I got was that it was too hard, they were losing too many balls, it was too expensive and they weren't enjoying themselves and wouldn't be coming back. We get that a lot there. They have actually made it easier since I joined (cutting away rough, etc..) but it still tears me up pretty frequently. I am at a stage now where I just want to play other courses to give myself a bit of a break.

Grunt
7th December 2006, 06:52 AM
Far out new member and even has had more than one hole in one.

BrisVegas
7th December 2006, 07:45 AM
Welcome aboard JC. Having been to WA and Canada, they're both great, but WA gives you more liveable weather. You made the right choice.

Hope you can meet up with some of the ozgolfers and perhaps recruit a few more for us. As mentioned already, spiersy is out that way, but we're not all like him!

Hope you enjoy the forum!

Eag's
7th December 2006, 09:04 AM
Welcome JC, always great to get new members :) looks like the Canadians are hearing about out top site :smt002

Golf_Novice
7th December 2006, 09:13 AM
Welcome... enjoy the ride :)

dc68
7th December 2006, 09:22 AM
Welcome.

Speirsy11
7th December 2006, 10:06 AM
Well I have to say I'm torn here......DO I welcome the new Canuck to the WA wilderness? Or am I a little taken aback that I'm no longer unique? I'll go with the former.......Welcome my northern brother! Give me some details, where ya from in the great white north? I've been here 5 years, but just moved to WA a year ago. I'm heading back to Canada for Christmas, but I'll be back in January so we'll have to get a game at your place soon after that!

Looking forward to meeting up for a few rounds at K-Bay!

Speirsy

Ducky
7th December 2006, 12:19 PM
enjoy the ride...
Do you say that to all the guys?

Golf_Novice
7th December 2006, 04:09 PM
Yeah - just not to you!

Iain
7th December 2006, 05:01 PM
Do you say that to all the guys?
Don't be a ****wit duckwit.....

Speirsy11
7th December 2006, 07:58 PM
Don't be a ****wit duckwit.....

That ship has sailed Iain........

Ducky
7th December 2006, 09:46 PM
Oh sorry, I forgot I was in the middle of Melrose Place.

Golf_Novice
8th December 2006, 09:05 AM
Well if we're in the middle of Melrose Place, hopefully you are in the apartment that burns down... :)

(They all escape anyway.....)

Johnny Canuck
8th December 2006, 09:25 AM
First of all, thanks for the warm welcomes.

Well I have to say I'm torn here......DO I welcome the new Canuck to the WA wilderness? Or am I a little taken aback that I'm no longer unique? I'll go with the former.......Welcome my northern brother! Give me some details, where ya from in the great white north? I've been here 5 years, but just moved to WA a year ago. I'm heading back to Canada for Christmas, but I'll be back in January so we'll have to get a game at your place soon after that!

Looking forward to meeting up for a few rounds at K-Bay!

Speirsy

Speirsy,
From Toronto originally and last lived in Mississauga. Yes, that does make me a Leafs fan, but I support a few others as well because it's a given that the Leafs will never win anything.
Backpacked Aus in 2001 for a year and have been living in the Port Kennedy area for 2.5 years or so.
Was hoping to head home for Christmas this year, but rumour has it that my best mate might be getting married in June or July. I think everyone knows except him! I will hold off until the wedding, to save making 2 trips home so close together. It will also be nice getting in some golf back in Canada.

Whereabouts are you from?

Definately hit up Kennedy Bay in Jan, I will also make it back down to Bunbury for a hit as well. I'll warn you now, I will be looking in your bag to see what you are hitting all day. Our yardages are exact from 3-8, and I get about 5 more on my 9&PW. I mean EXACT, it was really weird looking at them.

Speirsy11
8th December 2006, 09:53 AM
First of all, thanks for the warm welcomes.

Speirsy,
From Toronto originally and last lived in Mississauga. Yes, that does make me a Leafs fan, but I support a few others as well because it's a given that the Leafs will never win anything.
Backpacked Aus in 2001 for a year and have been living in the Port Kennedy area for 2.5 years or so.
Was hoping to head home for Christmas this year, but rumour has it that my best mate might be getting married in June or July. I think everyone knows except him! I will hold off until the wedding, to save making 2 trips home so close together. It will also be nice getting in some golf back in Canada.

Whereabouts are you from?

Definately hit up Kennedy Bay in Jan, I will also make it back down to Bunbury for a hit as well. I'll warn you now, I will be looking in your bag to see what you are hitting all day. Our yardages are exact from 3-8, and I get about 5 more on my 9&PW. I mean EXACT, it was really weird looking at them.

I grew up in Winnipeg, moved to Sydney 5 years ago and to Bunbury 10 months ago. I'm going home next week but will be back on Jan 24th. We'll get a few games in then.

Leafs suck.

Just kidding, well not about the Leafs. You'll get along fine with a co-worker of mine who's also a TO guy and huge leafs fan......

3oneday
8th December 2006, 10:01 AM
Ok guys, big hug and get on with it will ya !!! FFS :)

I hope your handicap isn't as low (or high ;)) as Spiersys :lol:

Ducky
8th December 2006, 02:34 PM
Ice hockey fight!

dc68
8th December 2006, 02:44 PM
If only you were stuck in the middle of it duckhead. :p

3oneday
8th December 2006, 03:01 PM
If only you were stuck in the middle of it duckhead. :pyou could sell tickets to that !!! :lol:

Ducky
8th December 2006, 03:19 PM
I've watched Rocky and Mighty Ducks enough to know how to get myself out of it.

Golf_Novice
8th December 2006, 03:20 PM
I've watched Rocky and Mighty Ducks enough to know how to get myself out of it.

:-# :smt042

Fishman Dan
10th December 2006, 09:07 PM
Hey JC. Just saw this thread. Or should i say - just bothered to read it. Hi and welcome.

My mate went to Canada, Toronto to be exact. One of those scenarios where you say "he'll be back.... any day now.....". We went over at the end of August to see him get married, and i can fully understand why he's never come back - we absolutely loved Canada, and specifically Toronto.

The extent of my travels include going past Missisauga to Niagara, and back via Hamilton (and the Mustard Festival).

So are you a Leafs fan, or an Ice Dogs fan in the OHL ;)

Johnny Canuck
10th December 2006, 11:44 PM
Hey JC. Just saw this thread. Or should i say - just bothered to read it. Hi and welcome.

My mate went to Canada, Toronto to be exact. One of those scenarios where you say "he'll be back.... any day now.....". We went over at the end of August to see him get married, and i can fully understand why he's never come back - we absolutely loved Canada, and specifically Toronto.

The extent of my travels include going past Missisauga to Niagara, and back via Hamilton (and the Mustard Festival).

So are you a Leafs fan, or an Ice Dogs fan in the OHL ;)

toronto is a great city, so many things to do. i miss it a bit, but i am still loving the 365 day golf season a little too much to get homesick.

i cheer for the leafs, and get disappointed every year. i should follow the OHL a little more, but it is tough living here now. at least i can catch the odd nhl game.

glad to hear that you enjoyed your time, the weather is perfect in august.

raidrboy
12th December 2006, 08:36 PM
A belated welcome aboard JC

AndyP
10th December 2013, 04:15 PM
I just noticed that you've been here for 7 years. That's a long time.

Jarro
10th December 2013, 04:17 PM
Too right 'eh

sms316
10th December 2013, 04:21 PM
Welcome to the forum, JC. Most of us are pretty annoying, but we grow on you.
Ironic.

3oneday
10th December 2013, 04:24 PM
10 for some early next year.

Jarro
10th December 2013, 04:30 PM
I just noticed that you've been here for 7 years. That's a long time.

Two days before Leon 'left'

LarryLong
10th December 2013, 04:39 PM
Hope you can meet up with some of the ozgolfers and perhaps recruit a few more for us.

Blame BrisVegas!

Charger
10th December 2013, 11:15 PM
Who do you go for in the cfl? Now theres a sport thats never on tv in Australia.