PDA

View Full Version : Got Mugged last night

Grunt
4th December 2006, 09:30 PM
HI all

Well Grunt is stiff and sore tonight after getting mugged at Central Station last night @ around 9:30pm.
I was on my way home from a work Xmas party, 2 guys came up wanting money. Me being pissed told them to **** off and then proceeded to be bashed about a little. I got away but fell and smashed my nose up. Woke up this morning very sore with aches and pains on my neck, ribs & arms. Nose is swollen and fat lip, the nose bleeds have stopped tonight.
Was close but Grunt is all ok.

AndyP
4th December 2006, 09:33 PM
Good to hear that you are okay, Grunt.

My Dad got mugged in Sydney a few years back by a guy who he'd just spent the last couple of hours chatting to in a pub. Nice city.

just
4th December 2006, 09:44 PM
Fair go Andy, I spent ten years in Sydney and never came close to being mugged once-it can happen anywhere.

Grunt, good to hear your doing OK mate.

jimandr
4th December 2006, 09:45 PM
Grant, glad to hear you aren't too bad.

I suggest you report it to the Police. If it occured within the confines of Central station, almost every inch of the station is covered by CCTV, and the quality is very good. I can't guarantee the cops will be interested, but if they are, and they want the CCTV coverage, RailCorp will give it to them.

Even if it didn't happen at the station, you'd be surprised how much of Sydney is covered by CCTV, either through the Council, RailCorp or the STA.

TS
4th December 2006, 09:50 PM
Grant. Sorry to hear that, but it is good that you are ok.

Grunt
4th December 2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah, Rachelle & my mum wanted me to report it too. I could not be bothered. In all honesty the injuries were from me falling over getting away from them. In a few days it will all be forgotten.

Moe Norman
4th December 2006, 10:11 PM
workers comp claim time, it was returning from work function!

AndyP
4th December 2006, 11:17 PM
just, I've met some of the OZgolfers from Sydney too. I stand by my statement.....

Fishman Dan
4th December 2006, 11:18 PM
Grant - you must report it, because as Moe said that's workers comp.

Good to hear you're ok. I've been in situations that are touch and go, but with each day Sydney gets effectively smaller and smaller to me - there are parts of town i don't need to go.

Central Station after dark is one of them.

Courty
4th December 2006, 11:34 PM
Geez, Grant. You've had a couple of close shaves in recent times. Glad to hear you're ok. Hopefully that was the 3rd & final near miss.

Coffs_Hacker
5th December 2006, 12:12 AM
Remind me Grunt when i'm in syd next to stay right away from u - geez ur a magnet for trouble :)

Trung
5th December 2006, 01:09 AM
Good to hear your ok Grant.

Ducky
5th December 2006, 02:37 AM
I have to wonder how this went down. When you state they wanted money, did they demand it or ask for it? If they demanded it, I could see how your response is justified, but if they asked for it your response very well could have provoked them into beating you. Regardless, they are obviously a bunch of thugs.

Whilst I was living in Sydney, I use to go out drinking and end up in all kinds of places I had no idea about. Fortunately, I was never approached by shady characters (perhaps because I was solid in stature and never intoxicated enough to appear an easy target, or perhaps simply by coincidence).

However, if such a situation was to arise, you would have to carefully assess the risks. Personally, I feel that my life is worth more than the $100.00 contained within my wallet, so if I legitimately thought I was in danger, I would hand it over.

I can understand why you do not want to file a police report, as it creates more hassles for you. However, chances are that you weren't their first victim and probably won't be their last. The next person they attack may not be so lucky, and would you want that on your conscience?

I recently heard news of a middle-aged man from my hometown being beaten to death by a gang of Maoris. I am unsure of the circumstances, but it could be assumed that they are similar in nature. It goes to show you that these people have no morals.

I'm glad you're OK, Grant, but make sure you file the police report.

Jarro
5th December 2006, 06:58 AM
Glad to hear you're OK Grant ... catching trains late at night is now a really risky proposition, no matter where you live :(

amanda
5th December 2006, 07:06 AM
Gosh - 9.30pm at night - I regularly come home from work at that time of the evening :shock:

I sometimes get approached by homeless people asking for change for food or train tickets - strangely - when I offer to take them to the ticket window or Hungry Jacks and buy what they want - they decline :???:

andylo
5th December 2006, 08:23 AM
Gosh - 9.30pm at night - I regularly come home from work at that time of the evening :shock:

I sometimes get approached by homeless people asking for change for food or train tickets - strangely - when I offer to take them to the ticket window or Hungry Jacks and buy what they want - they decline :???:

They just want $$ for more drugs.

Grant I am glad you are ok, but as Ducky say you should have report to police. You got to think of other people in the future who could possibly mugged but these couple of trashes... including the elders and children.

Flowergirl
5th December 2006, 08:43 AM
Gee guys. Don't give him any sympathy. He was pi$$ed - mouthed off - got scared - ran away - fell over and hurt himself- and now has to save face:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :smt002 :smt002 :smt002 :smt002 :smt002 :smt002 :smt002 :smt002

I'm so so so having a dig - seriously Grant - glad to hear you are ok. You know how much I loves ya:twisted:

Fishman Dan
5th December 2006, 09:11 AM
If he claims workers comp does that mean our airfares are going to rise again?

PeteyD
5th December 2006, 09:34 AM
Get the cctv of you falling over, funniest home videos here we come ...

Seriously mate, hope all is well. Scary crap.

Jarro
5th December 2006, 09:40 AM
Get the cctv of you falling over, funniest home videos here we come ...

yeah, maybe we could splice it together with Macca's stack down the stairs at the railway station :mrgreen:

TS
5th December 2006, 09:41 AM
just, I've met some of the OZgolfers from Sydney too. I stand by my statement.....

Andy. If your Dad look & talk anything like you, I can understand why it happen.

TS
5th December 2006, 09:45 AM
I was ask for money by couple of guys in Brunswick few months back. I find Brunswick a scary place at night. The street are dark and all the shops have metal bars in the front. I politely said no and keep walking.

Grunt
5th December 2006, 09:45 AM
Well thanks for all the support ;)

I guess it would be pretty funny to watch me falling in a face plant, reaching out to catch the hand rail and missing.
Nose is not as sore today, just a little tender and a little swollen.

Toolish
5th December 2006, 10:21 AM
Good to see all the sympathy around here!

Grunt, that is scary stuff...it is sad that we can't go out now without fear of something going wrong and people mugging you, or fighting, or whatever.

I have never been in a drunk fight, but it is more luck than good management..as I am getting a bit more mature I realise that more and more.

Hope all gets better soon...and please report it, I know it is a bit of work for you, but scum like that need to be made responsible for their actions!

dc68
5th December 2006, 10:31 AM
Good to hear you are ok Mr Bean.

terryand
5th December 2006, 10:33 AM
Was this anything like your face plant Grunt :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WivAPTEgSGM

Terry.

terryand
5th December 2006, 10:37 AM
This one is straight to the point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLiCNS86ZYo&mode=related&search=

Toolish
5th December 2006, 11:15 AM
This looks more like a mugging faceplant to me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-X-yoA-n40&mode=related&search=

Jarro
5th December 2006, 11:48 AM
ouch !!!!

:shock:

dc68
5th December 2006, 12:04 PM
F***ING ouch

Eag's
5th December 2006, 03:06 PM
Damn!! only just saw this :shock:
Good to hear you got away with only minor injuries mate, it could of been a hell of a lot worse.
There are some real scumbags all over the place these days and they will just stab or beat to death any poor bastard they come accross :evil:

Golf_Novice
5th December 2006, 03:40 PM
Hey - sorry to hear about the accident.... but glad to hear you got ok with minor injuries that will go away :)

Whether you 'asked for it' or not... no one deserves that kinda treatment!!

dc68
5th December 2006, 03:57 PM
... no one deserves that kinda treatment!!

He is a bunnies supporter :p ;)

Golf_Novice
5th December 2006, 04:01 PM
Even still.....

Grunt
5th December 2006, 04:47 PM
He is a bunnies supporter :p ;)

Hey but as a bunnies Supporter I stood my ground.

dc68
5th December 2006, 04:50 PM
Against the other bunnies supporters?

and were you not running away?

Ducky
5th December 2006, 08:44 PM
Case closed. It appears Grant was mouthing off to a pair of Bulldogs supporters.

;)

3oneday
5th December 2006, 11:28 PM
Case closed. It appears Grant was mouthing off to a pair of Bulldogs supporters.damn my knuckles are still sore too ;)

Jarro
6th December 2006, 06:53 AM
damn my knuckles are still sore too ;)

well stop dragging them on the ground then :p

Virgal_Tracy
6th December 2006, 01:28 PM
Grant you habe to get the CCTV footage just to prove that it was a mugging and not you falling over and trying to justify to Rechelle that you really weren't that drunk.and were doing something stupid.

In all seriousness, hope you are recovering well and never have to go through something like that ever again.

3oneday
6th December 2006, 02:16 PM
I heard on the radio a tourist is in a coma after being bashed in the city centre a couple of days ago.