4 - the rowing debacle
5 - Eadie did not win the cycling
6 - empty seats
7- drugs scandals
etc etc etc
damoocow

cazandpaul
31st August 2004, 04:04 AM
Coming from an old sailing family it is hard to go past Colin Beashall carrying the flag at the opening ceremony.

Others in no particular order:
Jodie Henry
Brooke Hansen
US men's basketball
Loretta Harrop
4 x 400 and 4x 100 men's relay

Fishman Dan
31st August 2004, 08:05 AM
Russian Womens teams Synch Swimming. Those swimsuits... i mean, i bet the designer was some 60 year old bloke with nothing going on, you know what i mean? :wink:

Flowergirl
31st August 2004, 08:40 AM
gosh where do I start ?
1 - harassment of marathon runner
2 - Jana's failure
3 - trying to work out if any Olympians were uglier than Petria Thomas
4 - the rowing debacle
5 - Eadie did not win the cycling
6 - empty seats
7- drugs scandals
etc etc etc
damoocow

Dear oh dear oh dear.........what happened to you to make you so cynical???
1. The harassment of the marathon runner - a tragic event caused by a "sick" fanatical. A highlight???????? how??????????
2. Jana failure????????? she had an operation on her knee.......made the finals........got ambushed by the media.........oh......she didn't win.......this means she failed??????????
3. Petria........didn't know that swimming was a beauty contest.
4. The rowing.........the media should not have been access to those girls in the heat of the moment.

I won't go on Damoocow.but I will say this..Don't get "sucked in" by the media hype. Surely you are smarter than that!!!!
Sorry........just don't understand the attitude at all.

jaster
31st August 2004, 08:44 AM
That's just good old Damoocow FG,...always the one to provoke controversy, never agreeing with the mainstream, I think his real name is Paul and he was on Big Brother this year :lol: :wink:

Flowergirl
31st August 2004, 08:52 AM
Ok............after that little outburst of mine :?

My highlight was the mens 4x400 relay. No way did anyone but them think they were a medal chance.......what a gutsy effort.....and seeing Cathy Freeman giving them a hug afterwards was just great.

Jane Saville, Ian Thorp and Petria........oh and the whole team. Just to make the team is such a great effort.

McMw
31st August 2004, 08:58 AM
would have to be glimpses of those greek volunteer beauties...yummy!!!

Flowergirl
31st August 2004, 09:01 AM
That's just good old Damoocow FG,...always the one to provoke controversy, never agreeing with the mainstream, I think his real name is Paul and he was on Big Brother this year :lol: :wink:

But I liked Paul :wink:

damoocow
31st August 2004, 09:47 AM
goodness me - all this stirring just ceases to be a challenge after a while - damoocow

Jarro
31st August 2004, 09:57 AM
watching the female gymnastics was absolutely the best part of the games for me :wink:

also the female runners were pretty impressive, and the female swimmers, beach volleyballers,basketballers,hockey-players,divers..etc. :roll:

Trung
31st August 2004, 10:04 AM
watching the female gymnastics was absolutely the best part of the games for me :wink:

Jarro, those kids are still at primary school :shock:

Kee
31st August 2004, 10:26 AM
1. Liu Xiang in the 110m hurdles and Jeremy Wariner in the 400m. Great to see that white/yellow men can sprint.
2. Hicham El Guerrouj - Finally an Olympic gold medal in the 1500m.
3. Grant, Jodie, and Ian in the pool - Jodie was fantastic in relays.
4. Opals basketball - They are getting closer to beating the US.
5. Mens 4000m teams pursuit - the team was an absolute mahine.

Just some of the many highlights and I'm glad the late nights are now over :smt015

markTHEblake
31st August 2004, 10:31 AM
I cant go past El Geurraj in the 1500, i think the image (tears) of him accepting the medal will go down as the most symbolic of the 2004 games.

I thought most of the middle distance races were pretty good, there is something about pushing the limits of endurance that motivates me to think about exercising.

Flowergirl
31st August 2004, 10:36 AM
goodness me - all this stirring just ceases to be a challenge after a while - damoocow

Stirring..........what a cop out Mr. Cynical...........think you're a back peddlar!!!!! :lol:

damoocow
31st August 2004, 10:49 AM
dear flowerygirl - I think this may all depend on your own interpretation of 'highlight' - I thought all these things made the olympics interesting and therefore were a highlight for me. now is that stirring or fact ?
ps - still don't believe Jana had surgery.
damoocow

Fishman Dan
31st August 2004, 10:49 AM
I cant go past El Geurraj in the 1500, i think the image (tears) of him accepting the medal will go down as the most symbolic of the 2004 games.

I thought most of the middle distance races were pretty good, there is something about pushing the limits of endurance that motivates me to think about exercising.

No doubt Franken-Geurraj was awesome in winning the 1500 and 5000 events.

Personally i liked seeing athletes who were absolutely beside themselves with emotion for receiving a bronze medal. On the flip-side, i think it was sad to see Leisel Jones with her frowny face on for taking silver.

McMw
31st August 2004, 11:13 AM
depends on how the playoff for the brz medal goes...IMO...

in the swimming and running, winning the bronze would leave a sour taste in the mouth - hence the lethal leisel frown... :lol:
afterall, they're in the field competing for the golf...

but those having to play off for the brz medal - would be abs estatic for actually winning the round and the medal...(team sport, badminton, tennis etc)...you just have to beat one athlete/team for the medal...

can't wait for the hilites package to come out - esp the flops... :lol:

AndyP
31st August 2004, 11:14 AM
The Best Olympic Moment for me was when I came home last night, and flicked on the tele to see Sandy Roberts putting the Olympics coverage to rest until 2008. Hoo-bloody-rah! Sorry peoples, just had little interest in it this year.

AndyP
31st August 2004, 12:17 PM
I watched a few games of the table tennis....or ping pong as it should be called and are amazed what they do to the ball. Of course, with a few beers under the belt, a dodgy table and net, and quick breaks to turn the snags on the bbq it would be interesting to see how some of these stars go. Not to mention the breeze blowing thru the garage. :wink:

:?: Are you challenging andylo? :shock:

How does the Inaugural OzGolf Ping Pong Championships and BBQ sound? :wink: You've done such a good job of organising the golf, g69, I'll let you take care of this.

Flowergirl
31st August 2004, 03:12 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw a table in the games room at the Coolangatta Tweed clubhouse.
I'll take you on a half time of the championships. 8)

Such a shame I won't be there. If they had a pool I could challenge u to a spot of syncro swimming. Reckon you'd look pretty hot with those nose plugs. :wink:

terryand
31st August 2004, 03:18 PM
I have to say I am all Olympiced out after 2 weeks solid #-o

But I have to say I also enjoyed having sprot on tap 24/7 :smt026

My stand out moment was the guy who won the 10,000m and how he kick away on the last lap to run a 56 sec lap...WOW =D>

Terry.

jaster
31st August 2004, 04:09 PM

What the hell is sprot? Sounds sticky ;)

terryand
31st August 2004, 04:12 PM

What the hell is sprot? Sounds sticky ;)

Arh...My left finger was faster thatn my right :smt102

Trrey.