PDA

View Full Version : Gary going back to Advantage

Jono
29th November 2006, 04:59 PM
I thought the Sydney Ozgolfers might be interested. Gary is soon going back to Advantage Custom Golf Services in Crows Nest. The shop is owned by someone else, but Gary will be running it.

When Paul Hoffman used to own the shop, the prices were a bit inflated, IMO. Gary hopes to make the prices much more reasonable whilst maintaining the quality of custom clubmaking the shop is known for.

I don't know when the exact move is going to be, but his shop in Balgowlah will close soon.

Fishman Dan
29th November 2006, 05:19 PM
Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing Jono?

Crows Nest is far more accessible to everyone, so that's definately a plus. Although the shop isn't overly conducive to swinging sticks around, it's a step up from his shop in Balgowlah.

Jarro
29th November 2006, 05:25 PM
Is this the same Gary that was with GCI here in Brissy ?

Jono
29th November 2006, 05:34 PM
Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing Jono?

Crows Nest is far more accessible to everyone, so that's definately a plus. Although the shop isn't overly conducive to swinging sticks around, it's a step up from his shop in Balgowlah.

I think it will be a good thing, Dan. As you've said, the location is much better and also Gary will have access to better equipment for custom fitting. We will have to wait and see on the prices though.

Jarro, I think you are thinking of someone else. Gary Langridge used to work at Advantage before setting up his own shop in Balgowlah.

miro
29th November 2006, 06:03 PM
I spoke to Gary today, he called me to advise he should be in within 2 or 3 weeks. The shop is about 500 metres from my house and I was gettting a bit sick travelling to manly which is about 25 minutes away. So all good for me.

Ducky
29th November 2006, 07:51 PM
=;

Grunt
29th November 2006, 07:56 PM
Well I missed him working at advantage when I was there a few years back. I will go back and see HIM this time.

kwantfm
29th November 2006, 08:06 PM
The Gary in Brisbane is Gary Calder at Golf Club Innovations.

Fishman Dan
30th November 2006, 09:32 AM
Jono, I keep baulking when you comment about his pricing. Isn't that part of the reason why he's back in Crows Nest - he wasn't charging enough?!

At least in Crowie you'll get a lot more walk-in chumps that deserve over-charging ;)