PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland CG10 BP vs Cleveland 588 DSG

Ducky
27th November 2006, 02:36 PM
Hi everyone,

I am currently doing some wedge shopping and although I was initially interested in the Nike SV Tours, I have narrowed down the selection to the Cleveland CG10 Black Pearls and the Cleveland 588 DSG (Dynamic Sole Grind). The Cleveland CG10 Black Pearls have received great reviews, but the Cleveland 588 DSG has me interested, as it has a heel relief grind as standard. I will need to get the wedges bent 2º upright, so I'm not sure if this will affect the grind.

Anyway, has anyone had experience with either of these wedges?

Thanks.

3oneday
27th November 2006, 02:48 PM
Nup

Ducky
27th November 2006, 02:59 PM
Ok, thanks Pete!

*cough* Tosser!

3oneday
27th November 2006, 03:55 PM
Anyway, has anyone had experience with either of these wedges?you asked, I answered :p

:roll: ;)

Ducky
27th November 2006, 03:57 PM
:smt069

le_quiet_uno
27th November 2006, 09:41 PM
Hi everyone,

I am currently doing some wedge shopping and although I was initially interested in the Nike SV Tours, I have narrowed down the selection to the Cleveland CG10 Black Pearls and the Cleveland 588 DSG (Dynamic Sole Grind). The Cleveland CG10 Black Pearls have received great reviews, but the Cleveland 588 DSG has me interested, as it has a heel relief grind as standard. I will need to get the wedges bent 2º upright, so I'm not sure if this will affect the grind.

Anyway, has anyone had experience with either of these wedges?

Thanks.

Hi Ducky,

I have not played the new Cleveland 588 DSG but have previously own a set of Cleveland CG10 BP (i.e. 52* and 58*) and a very brief encounter with Cleveland 588.

Base purely on a personal experience, both wedges feels great, sits well at address and plays quite versatile at any given condition. The only downside that I found about CG10s BP is that black pearl colour is not as durable as you would think and not as versatile as the 588. Again it is only a personal experience and feel.

Perhaps other members here can provide a more indepth information.

Hope this helps. :)

Ducky
27th November 2006, 10:00 PM
Perhaps other members here can provide a more indepth information.
It doesn't appear so. Thanks for your response, Uno, thats the kind of information I was looking for.

Moe Norman
27th November 2006, 10:15 PM
588's are still the best Clevo wedges eve released imo.

billybaub
27th November 2006, 10:52 PM
i just had a look at the 588dsg at work the other day

they are awesome...so similar to the 588 in shape except for the sole
the new sole design looks like you can play with a bit of flare

the cg10's are nice but i would be going the 588's
all the features of the best designed wedge ever plus the new improvments

what more could you want?

le_quiet_uno
27th November 2006, 11:40 PM
It doesn't appear so. Thanks for your response, Uno, thats the kind of information I was looking for.

No problems at all Ducky. Do check out the Cleveland 588 DSG RTG wedge. They look nice!

Oh BTW, if you are in Sydney and feel like to try a CG10 before you purchase, let me know. I've got a spare one (i.e. 60*) that you can have a bash.

:)

Ducky
27th November 2006, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, because I react on impulse I have went ahead and purchased a set of Cleveland CG10 Black Pearls (52, 56, 60). I will see how they go and if they don't fit, I will continue my quest for the perfect wedge.

;)