PDA

View Full Version : NSW 2007 Matchplay

Pages : [1] 2

Grunt
24th November 2006, 05:15 PM
Another year over and yet again no new champ but still the same guy.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/525/2007nswmatchplayxq7.png

Grunt
26th November 2006, 08:38 PM
The flood of replies must mean I win unopposed ;)

Andrew
26th November 2006, 08:49 PM
2. Andrew

3oneday
26th November 2006, 10:22 PM
The flood of replies must mean I win unopposed ;)why don't you and Andrew play this month, then you can play 2008s in January ;)

Grunt
27th November 2006, 07:37 AM
great idea Pete ;) Will see if Andrew and I can cut a deal to play the champs and alternate the result to share the title.
The reason for the early post of this thread was to be able to get it going early in the year. Also doesn't the OzGolf year start the day the champs are over.

Andrew
27th November 2006, 02:47 PM
Hey Grant, if we get a few games in before Christmas, we could be up to the year 2011 before anyones knows it.

Grunt
27th November 2006, 05:10 PM
LOL we should be able to tie it up so that our kids can tell their kids to play for the OzGolf NSW Matchplay title that their fathers had a mortgage on. :)

3oneday
27th November 2006, 08:30 PM
Grunt, you're currently leading posts in this thread over Andrew by 2, no holes squared, 6 played, 2 up with 12 to play.

Go hard son ;)

Andrew
27th November 2006, 10:02 PM
Yes

Grunt
27th November 2006, 10:04 PM
I agree

Andrew
27th November 2006, 10:06 PM
I concede now, as I don’t have the patience to wait until Grant goes to bed, then post 9 in a row.

Grunt
27th November 2006, 10:09 PM
lol , Woo hoo I may win :)

Fishman Dan
27th November 2006, 10:12 PM
There are no winners here.

jimandr
28th November 2006, 09:38 PM
Naturally, I am in, even if it is the 2012 title I have to play for.

I noticed from another thread that McCoy is soon to be a Sydneysider. If we invite him into the Matchplay, I hope he signs a declaration of loyalty to his new state.

Grunt
14th January 2007, 06:54 PM
Ok another call for expressions of interest for this event. Please no off topic post please. Lets get this great event on the road.

Interest so far

Grunt
Andrew
Jimandr

Fishman Dan
14th January 2007, 08:01 PM
Why should this thread be any different?

Pencil me in, unless of course 3oneday decides to play.

Grunt
14th January 2007, 08:11 PM
Grunt
Andrew
Jimandr
Fishman Dan

3oneday
14th January 2007, 08:54 PM
Pencil me in, unless of course 3oneday decides to play.no snowballs here ;)

Jarro
14th January 2007, 08:56 PM
no snowballs here ;)

Wuss :razz:

Fishman Dan
14th January 2007, 09:11 PM
What's snow got to do with it? :lol:

brad
15th January 2007, 08:47 AM
I'm in.

brad
15th January 2007, 08:48 AM
Sorry I should have done it like this:

Grunt
Andrew
Jimandr
Brad+1 :)

brad
15th January 2007, 08:49 AM
Is this correct?

+2

Virgal_Tracy
15th January 2007, 12:09 PM
Grunt
Andrew
Jimandr
Brad
VirgalShould be able to get some time to play.

Fishman Dan
15th January 2007, 12:14 PM
Grunt
Andrew
Jimandr
Brad
Virgal
DanShould be able to get some time to play.

Brad - in response to your question "Is this correct", you forgot one major detail...... ME! ;)

brad
15th January 2007, 12:37 PM
Woops - I was actually just trying to see how many posts I could get in a row. I didn't even know until then that there was a time limit between posts ... :)

goughy
15th January 2007, 12:56 PM
Keeps the spammers from posting in every forum in one fast hit.

amanda
15th January 2007, 01:43 PM
I'm in

Grunt
Andrew
Jimandr
Brad
Virgal
Dan
Amanda

Fishman Dan
15th January 2007, 01:47 PM
When can we start arguing about the draw and match dates?

I propose the entire first round is held on the same day.

Grunt
15th January 2007, 03:49 PM
Not going to be able to do that Dan, not everyone here has every weekend off work. Well I don't anyway and if I am going to do the draw. I am not going to take myself out of the reckoning straight away am I.

3oneday
15th January 2007, 03:53 PM
When can we start arguing about the draw and match dates?

Well I don't anyway and if I am going to do the draw. I am not going to take myself out of the reckoning straight away am I.any minute now I reckon ;) :lol:

Grunt
15th January 2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks Pete, You playing this year or me beating you last year still hurting? ;)

Fishman Dan
15th January 2007, 05:29 PM
Not going to be able to do that Dan, not everyone here has every weekend off work.

Not everyone has 4 weekdays out of 5 available either.

I'm going to go out on a limb here - you get more weekends off work than we get weekdays. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Grunt
15th January 2007, 05:35 PM
same same. I work 48 hours over 4 days then get 5 off. I just dont want to set rules to play games at a certain place. Just have a time limit of each round with a little bit of a amnesty to make sure that the game being played is the primary option.

Fishman Dan
15th January 2007, 05:44 PM
Amnesty doesn't work. Look at what happened last year. Look at Iraq. Let's get round 1 out of the way in 1 slog - then we're only dealing with half the field (i.e. at this rate - 4 of us).

Not that i want to organise this shambles... ;)

Grunt
15th January 2007, 05:46 PM
I will try to organise it. hopefully get a round one, round organised and most hopefully will be able to make it.

Fishman Dan
15th January 2007, 05:52 PM
2 "hopefully"'s and 2 uses of the word "round" in a single sentence.

Doomed.

:lol:

Grunt
15th January 2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks mate
Hope I can play golf better than I can use the English language, but not in the near future.

3oneday
15th January 2007, 06:56 PM
You playing this year no

me beating you last year still hurting? ;)did we play ? I thought I played Dan ???

Grunt
15th January 2007, 07:55 PM
OK Seeing we have a little interest. Shall we set some rules now that most of us can follow.

1st round matches to be played by the last weekend in March
2nd round matches to be played by last weekend in May
Next round/ Semis to be played by last weekend in July
Finals to be played by last weekend in September

I think that gives a good chance for all to play their games in this years champs. Also would be a good thing if we could organise a 1st round weekend round to kick start it all. Maybe a place like Camden Lakeside that we can all get on at one time would be good. If we were to lower the standards somewhat I am sure we could all get on at Mac grange one Saturday too.

TS
15th January 2007, 08:00 PM
Grunt
Andrew
Jimandr
Brad
Virgal
Dan
Amanda
TS

McCoy
15th January 2007, 09:39 PM
I'm expressing interest :???:
I've been in Sydney for 2 days, loving it so far - I have no idea where anything is or how to get there. Because I'm an AJ I'm looking at joining the RAE club. Once I get everything sorted out I might not be able to take place in the matchplay but should make a few Ozgolf days.

Grunt
Andrew
Jimandr
Brad
Virgal
Dan
Amanda
TS
McCoy ... pencil

Anyone know a good priced bike store near the Holsworthy area? Looking for a Giant Alias or similar

Trung
15th January 2007, 09:43 PM
I will play

zipptopp
15th January 2007, 09:46 PM
I suppose we need a good selection of first round losers so I might as wel join in too!

Grunt
Andrew
Jimandr
Brad
Virgal
Dan
Amanda
TS
McCoy ... pencil
zipptopp

Grunt
15th January 2007, 09:54 PM
IBecause I'm an AJ I'm looking at joining the RAE club.
Whats an AJ?

just
15th January 2007, 09:57 PM
Army Jerk.

Jono
15th January 2007, 10:12 PM
Grunt
Andrew
Jimandr
Brad
Virgal
Dan
Amanda
TS
McCoy ... pencil
zipptopp
Trung
Jono

I'll make up the numbers ... 8)

Fishman Dan
15th January 2007, 10:12 PM
Grunt
Andrew
Jimandr
Brad
Virgal
Dan
Amanda
TS
McCoy ... pencil
zipptopp
Trung
Jono - I reckon he'll be a starter. You know, peer pressure and all ;)

12 so far - good going.

I'm going to throw dates up soon, then closing for nominations.

If i can suggest that we leave early March open as the potential date, we can all descend on somewhere like Camden Lakeside for a hit-out.

Let's get 4 more names and then we can start bickering.

Fishman Dan
15th January 2007, 10:14 PM
Woah - spooky!

Jono
15th January 2007, 10:25 PM
Woah - spooky!

I must have hit the Submit button couple of seconds before you did ...

Spooky ... perhaps. More likely that we spend too much time on this forum ... something like this will happen ... :lol:

AndyP
15th January 2007, 10:25 PM
Let's get 4 more names and then we can start bickering.
A scroll through the members list showed Pinglauncher, burger, connico, Matt3Jab (handicap?), & CoffsHacker (has played before), as potential candidates.

Fishman Dan
15th January 2007, 10:29 PM
I'm pretty sure Burger will have a crack, although he's limited to days he can attend. Ping and Ping Jnr and Connico are a good chance. Last i knew 3jab had grown long hair, stopped wearing shoes and started singing folk songs on his gee-tar.

Chuck in a Miro or two and we could be dancing.

McCoy
16th January 2007, 09:08 PM
Grunt,
Your PM regarding bike stores was very helpful

Fishman Dan
16th January 2007, 10:40 PM
I've heard of off-topic before, but this has to take the cake.

Fishman Dan
17th January 2007, 09:21 AM
Heads up - the old Portofino course in the Hunter has reopened. The Hunter Valley Golf and Country Club now has a Crown Plaza hotel and more. The course has been revamped and offers about $85 with carts to get around. While the course is fresh they are offering and 20% discount.

I played the course just prior to shutting its gates several years ago and really enjoyed it, so i'm keen to go back. Anyone want to second the thought that we could play the first round here mid-March??

It's a solid 2 hour drive from Sydney so understand any hesitation, but i'd be keen for a weekend in the Hunter. It would be a level playing field as no one would have much idea about the course at all.

Coffs_Hacker
17th January 2007, 09:46 AM
Grunt
Andrew
Jimandr
Brad
Virgal
Dan
Amanda
TS
McCoy ... pencil
zipptopp
Trung
Jono
Coffs - an excuse to get out of coffs again

Trung
17th January 2007, 09:48 AM
Heads up - the old Portofino course in the Hunter has reopened. The Hunter Valley Golf and Country Club now has a Crown Plaza hotel and more. The course has been revamped and offers about $85 with carts to get around. While the course is fresh they are offering and 20% discount.

I played the course just prior to shutting its gates several years ago and really enjoyed it, so i'm keen to go back. Anyone want to second the thought that we could play the first round here mid-March??

It's a solid 2 hour drive from Sydney so understand any hesitation, but i'd be keen for a weekend in the Hunter. It would be a level playing field as no one would have much idea about the course at all.

I like that track too... :mrgreen:

Virgal_Tracy
17th January 2007, 09:50 AM
I too enjoyed that course. Would welcome a game around there to see what it will be like.

I still remember the portable shack they had as the "pro shop".

Fishman Dan
17th January 2007, 09:57 AM
I too enjoyed that course. Would welcome a game around there to see what it will be like.

I still remember the portable shack they had as the "pro shop".

The demountable pro shop, and the big bastard black snake on the 13th next to the creek!

brad
17th January 2007, 01:37 PM
Sounds good, then we could try to arange all of the following to occur on the same day

- Matchplay first round
- NSW stroke round
- NSW OZGolf day
- Play in the comp of the day

Should we try for a rain dance as well? :)

Sarcasm aside, if we are all going to play the first round of matchplays at once, then we really shouldn't play any other games at the same time.

Maybe if we started early enough, we could have the NSW matchplay winner decided in that one day !

brad
17th January 2007, 01:39 PM
Oh, sorry for that grumpy post.

My real opinion is that I would rather have seperate match plays for each match. But I would also like to play this course you guys are talking about.

Fishman Dan
17th January 2007, 01:43 PM
Brad - agree that no other comp should be played along with matchplay. I've found that when I play matchplay you really aren't concentrating on a Stableford score as well, and vice-versa.

Obviously if we play a course during a comp then we should participate in the comp of the day, but ideally it would be good to concentrate on the one format. The notion to play the entire Rd 1 together is so we can get the event kick-started properly.

Grunt
17th January 2007, 02:30 PM
I like you idea Dan but I really cant see it being that good an idea to have the 1st round so far out of Sydney. It may be a great place for a final though. Just my opinion and if is to be the 1st round hopefully it will be a weekend I am off work.

Fishman Dan
17th January 2007, 02:47 PM
Grant - that's why we're spitballing. It has to be a weekend that suits everybody. Exceptions can be made but we'll discuss those once the draw has been done - i.e. Coffs Hackers first-up match.

burger
17th January 2007, 10:10 PM
For some reason I am unable to post a reply from work . . .:? :confused: :?

anyway count me in . . .:-D

Grunt
Andrew
Jimandr
Brad
Virgal
Dan
Amanda
TS
McCoy ... pencil
zipptopp
Trung
Jono
Coffs - an excuse to get out of coffs again
burger

Andrew
18th January 2007, 10:28 AM
It all sounds good so far….

….. except the ‘spitballing’ part. I’m happy to play if available, but I would prefer not to spit on any balls.

Virgal_Tracy
18th January 2007, 10:30 AM
Not even if we present you with some Nike balls to play with?

Andrew
18th January 2007, 10:46 AM
Not even if we present you with some Nike balls to play with?

Good point, but I would prefer to spit on a Nike executive.

Fishman Dan
18th January 2007, 11:45 AM
It all sounds good so far….

….. except the ‘spitballing’ part. I’m happy to play if available, but I would prefer not to spit on any balls.

You'll have to talk to your drawn partner about that. Perhaps you guys can play at a nice course inhabited by swallows?

Andrew
18th January 2007, 01:53 PM
You'll have to talk to your drawn partner about that. Perhaps you guys can play at a nice course inhabited by swallows?

Touché

Fishman Dan
18th January 2007, 03:43 PM
I've just got wind of a deal from Camden Lakeside. This is by no means locked in, and if you are unwilling or hesitant to pay this amount for a day of golf then lets start looking elsewhere asap.

================================

OPTION ONE - $95 p.p.
18 Holes of Golf with Use of Shared Electric Cart Weekend
Bottle of Water for Each Player to take on Course
Golfers Lunch after Play (Steak Sandwich, Potato Chips & Salad)

OPTION TWO - $100 p.p.
18 Holes of Golf with Use of Shared Electric Cart Weekend
Bottle of Water for Each Player to take on Course
BBQ Lunch (Served Meal - Steak, Sausage, Fried Potato, Cooked Tomato With Melted Cheese)
Salad Available Buffet Style - Garden Salad, Coleslaw, Pasta Salad

This offer applies only to March 2007 booking and is subject to availability on the golf course.

================================

I guess it depends on whether we want to play, have a snack and then bolt, or whether we can bare to hang around each other long enough to sit down and enjoy a meal.... and then bolt.

I have replied asking if we confirm in Feb, can we play in March.

Note - as there are out-of-Sydney players who may not be able to attend, we may get some ring-ins (i.e. my wife) to make up the full compliment of 16 players on the day to secure the deal.

Please check schedules now and consider dates that you are available.

Grunt
18th January 2007, 04:09 PM
As a shift worker, February & March are not good months for me in regards to weekends off. Some months I get 2.5 weekends off.
Available Dates for February and March
3rd & 4th February
24th February
3rd & 4th March(tentative as I am going to the Charity Shield footy match)
10th (late start) & 11th MarchAs you all can see I work at least 2 weekends a month. I may have to miss out on the 1st round dates if it all doesn't line up.

Fishman Dan
18th January 2007, 04:18 PM
We may all have to make sacrifices Grant. Electing to miss seeing the Bunnies get beaten by 100 may be the best decision you've ever made. ;)

Grunt
18th January 2007, 04:20 PM
Not the Charity Shield, it is the unofficial Start to the NRL year. If you want to go to a game with Atmosphere this will be the one. I will hazard a guess to a crowd of about 45 000.

Fishman Dan
18th January 2007, 04:28 PM
Not the Charity Shield, it is the unofficial Start to the NRL year. If you want to go to a game with Atmosphere this will be the one. I will hazard a guess to a crowd of about 45 000.

I thought you were anti-NRL/News Limited rumour mongering? I reckon you'll struggle to get that many watching on Fox :lol:

Grunt
18th January 2007, 04:33 PM
I am but where did that post say I was. You all know I an an ardent if not insane Souths supporter and this year may just be the best outlook in many years. I can't miss being there at the game that starts it all off. Like I will be trying to make sure I am there for the 1st round match against the feater Dusters.

brad
18th January 2007, 05:38 PM
Um ... in an effort to get this back on track ... I'm hesitant Dan.

I'm sure lakeside is a nice course, but is it that nice?

Grunt
18th January 2007, 05:43 PM
Shall I start looking at constructing a draw? What do we go off? Money earnt last year or last years Matchplay results? At the moment we have 2 byes but I am sure we can fill them.

brad
18th January 2007, 05:47 PM
I say you just make a choice ... flip a coin if you have to ... and go with it :)

Fishman Dan
18th January 2007, 06:16 PM
Brad - I really enjoy the course and think it's great, but understand where you're coming from. We are limited to options for courses where we can book a stack of groups though.

Grant, are you talking about seeding the draw? I wouldn't even bother, we'll just pull the names out of a hat.

Grunt
18th January 2007, 06:16 PM
OK here are the 2 lists that we can do the draw from

NSW Moneylist 2006

Jono
Jimandr
Grunt
Connico
Amanda
Matt3jab
TS
Andrew
Brad
3oneday
Pinglauncher
Miroswife
Virgil Tracy
Trung
Zipptopp
Coffhacker
Burger
Fishman Dan
Ping Jnr
MiroNSW Matchplay Rankings from 2006 results.

I did this just working off results and what round each player was defeated from the tournament.

Jimandr
andrew
Brad
Grunt
Jono
3oneday
pinglauncher
matt3jab
burger
trung
fishman dan
TS
Virgil Tracy
Coffs Hacker
Amanda
Zipptopp

Grunt
18th January 2007, 06:18 PM
Grant, are you talking about seeding the draw? I wouldn't even bother, we'll just pull the names out of a hat.

I can do it that way too. Just wanted to not upset anyone with how it all was set up.

Fishman Dan
18th January 2007, 06:20 PM
I didn't enter the matchplay? Or I entered then forfeited when it was announced i had to spend 4.5 hours with 3oneday.

Grunt
18th January 2007, 06:24 PM
Hey PingLauncher are yourself and Ping Jnr keen for an entry in this?

Jono
18th January 2007, 10:32 PM
I'm all for the hat option as well. 8)

I like the idea of getting the first round out of the way as well. Camden Lakeside doesn't excite me that much, but I don't mind it.

Once my roster is out, I'll list my available weekends.

BTW, this has got to be a first. Fishman taking the initiative and organising a NSW Ozgolf day ... Any bets on Dan not being able to make it due to a stomach bug? :lol:

Fishman Dan
18th January 2007, 11:02 PM
Just bring the good stuff doc and we'll be right ;)

jimandr
19th January 2007, 12:18 AM
Grant has proposed that the draw take place on Saturday week at macarthur Grange. By that time, either Ping and Ping Jnr will be in, or Connico will resurface, or we'll have a free first round pass for some.

I'm in favour of the hat approach, as long as I don't draw Amanda first round for the third year in a row.

Pinglauncher
19th January 2007, 12:32 PM
Hey PingLauncher are yourself and Ping Jnr keen for an entry in this?

I'll have to pass this year.

brad
19th January 2007, 01:52 PM
Go for the hat option.

There's no guarantee that any of us are going to perform as we did last year .... except if your handicap is under 12 :)

burger
20th January 2007, 01:04 PM
On the course front Riverside Oaks has a Summer Sizzler (Jan & Feb) offer for groups of 16 or more:
$90 for
18 holes with shared cart
BBQ Lunch (uncertain of what this actually entails)
RSO prize pack consisting of
2 free midweek games
2 RSO logo caps
2 RSO logo balls
organiser plays for free,which averages out to roughly $84.35 each.

Also with the NSW PGA on at RSO 7-11th Feb, the course should be in pretty good nick.

To add my complication to the organising, I am only available Sundays between 10/2 - 31/3 due to a course on saturdays.

stu

Grunt
20th January 2007, 01:18 PM
Would be great if we could get the 16, Burger. Hopefully we can use this as our 1st round, even if not the matchplay a good NSW OzGolf day.

Grunt
20th January 2007, 10:34 PM
Here is a list of entrants so far

Grunt
Jono
Jimandr
Amanda
TS
Andrew
Brad
Virgil Tracy
Trung
Zipptopp
Coffshacker
Burger
Fishman Dan
McCoy
?
?2 more entries would make it a good even draw with no byes.

Fishman Dan
21st January 2007, 08:01 PM
I'm a fan of Riverside and will happily make the journey.

jimandr
26th January 2007, 06:31 PM
Grant and I will do the draw tomorrow after our game at Mac Grange. I'm sure Grant will remember to check this thread for any last minute entries in the morning, cause I probably won't.

Grunt
26th January 2007, 08:07 PM
Draw will be done tomorrow afternoon @ Mac Grange. I will put the byes into the 1st round but they will be open for anyone to enter as late as Feb 1st. If we get 2 then no byes.
Connico where are you?

Grunt
26th January 2007, 08:42 PM
After thinking about the draw a bit, I have decided to close entry's at 7am tomorrow morning. I don't want to have people entering after they see the draw and may think they have a chance in regards to their half of the draw or the opponent they may face.

AndyP
26th January 2007, 08:56 PM
It's handicap matchplay. How could there possibly be a good and bad half to the draw?

Jono
26th January 2007, 09:07 PM
After thinking about the draw a bit, I have decided to close entry's at 7am tomorrow morning. I don't want to have people entering after they see the draw and may think they have a chance in regards to their half of the draw or the opponent they may face.

You gotta be kidding ... :shock:

Haven't you learned from last year's Strokeplay debacle? :???:

Grunt
26th January 2007, 09:11 PM
I am only trying to get it off and running. People have have weeks to enter and have not. We can't wait forever! I was only looking to not have any controversies.

Jono
26th January 2007, 09:16 PM
I'm not against getting it started. But don't be so rigid with the rules. Some people might be away and haven't seen this thread. If they turn up after the draw is done and want to take up the spare spots, then they should be able to play.

Grunt
26th January 2007, 09:20 PM
forget the close date then. while we are at it why don't we let people enter after they lose their 1st round match. We will get 32 that way

Jono
26th January 2007, 09:56 PM
In previous years, people have entered AFTER the draw was done. As long as the person who has the first round bye doesn't mind, I think he/she should be able to join in.

Coffs_Hacker
26th January 2007, 09:58 PM
why don't we let people enter after they lose their 1st round match

cool i might actually make it to the second rnd for the first time

Jono
26th January 2007, 10:02 PM
cool i might actually make it to the second rnd for the first time

You'll probably play at Carnarvon anyway ... ;)

Grunt
27th January 2007, 03:24 PM
Draw done, currently being made into spreadsheet format and will be posted to the first post of this thread. Some interesting 1st round Match-ups, 2 first round byes/open listed. If anyone else wants to play let us know, 2 spots open.

Jono
27th January 2007, 04:04 PM
Stage is set for Jim vs Andrew final again ... :roll: :lol:

Looks like Amanda might get through to the second round this year ... or at least if Brad knows what's good for him. ;)

TS vs Fishman should be interesting. Gay fade vs even gayer fade ... 8)

Grunt
27th January 2007, 04:08 PM
Should we set dates for games to be organised by?
I thought
1st round by end of March
1/4 Finals by May/June
Semis by August/September
Final by End of October

How does that sound? Not strict but will be good to keep the series flowing.

jimandr
27th January 2007, 06:57 PM
As the person who drew the pieces of paper out of the plastic bag, I take full blame for anyone unhappy with their draw.

Brad should consider himself the unluckiest (or luckiest). With two pieces of paper left, his name was still undrawn, with spaces against Amanda and myself vacant. He has been outscoring me easily lately, but his name came out next, and I got the second 'open' piece of paper.

Personally, I'd prefer to play than have a bye, so I'm happy if a latecomer arrives and want to play me.

Grunt
27th January 2007, 11:15 PM
I forgot to add, Please contact your drawn competitor to arrange a game. We may organise a NSW Ozgolf day to run the 1st round matches for those that can play. Hopefully 1st round matches will be played by the end of March.

Grunt
28th January 2007, 05:59 PM
Could those of you who can't play their games weekends pls arrange a good time for both of you to play at a convienient time for each other. Time limits will be relaxed (with a little bit of a date limit)so as to get matches played and no walkovers this year.

burger
29th January 2007, 09:02 AM
I cant do Sat's unless we kick off at about 7am, due to a course running on Sat's from 10/2 to 31/3 or 7/4 which start at 2pm

Fishman Dan
30th January 2007, 08:10 AM
I thought it was discussed that we'd give every chance for the final 2 spots to be filled, perhaps waiting as late as March. We didn't even make it to Feb?!

Who/what/where am i playing?

TS
30th January 2007, 08:26 AM
I thought it was discussed that we'd give every chance for the final 2 spots to be filled, perhaps waiting as late as March. We didn't even make it to Feb?!

Dan. You & I can play our match on the sat 24 Feb at The Dunes, I have a 1pm booking.

miro
30th January 2007, 08:43 AM
The wife and I MAY take the final two spots -however we leave for Japan for about a month of skiing on Friday. So there is a strong chance of broken bones.

I have read the last couple of pages and it seemed we were heading for one big day? now it seems we are back to organising one off matches?

If its a big day out we are in -if its setting up a game here or there then we are out.

Fishman Dan
30th January 2007, 09:04 AM
Dan. You & I can play our match on the sat 24 Feb at The Dunes, I have a 1pm booking.

Are we taking your private jet?!:shock:

Grunt
30th January 2007, 12:54 PM
The wife and I MAY take the final two spots -however we leave for Japan for about a month of skiing on Friday. So there is a strong chance of broken bones.

I have read the last couple of pages and it seemed we were heading for one big day? now it seems we are back to organising one off matches?

If its a big day out we are in -if its setting up a game here or there then we are out.
We are trying for one day but the dates suggested were not responded too well from a few. It is very hard to organise a big day here in NSW for some reason.

Grunt
30th January 2007, 12:56 PM

The slots are still open but the draw has been made, that is all. If anyone wants to join in they can. The order of the draws for the byes was McCoy first then Jim so they will be allocated an opponent if they get one in that order.

For yourself Dan you have drawn TS. The full draw is on the 1st post.

TS
30th January 2007, 09:35 PM
Are we taking your private jet?!:shock:

No, not mine. But one of Grunt's private jet.

Grunt
30th January 2007, 09:40 PM
i have as few TS but my ones only fly to international destinations.

brad
31st January 2007, 06:01 PM
:-| Hmmmmmm :neutral:

Fishman Dan
26th February 2007, 12:42 PM
Tony - i'm good for a game mid-March. Lock it in Eddy. You decide the venue, I don't mind where we play - including Long Reef.

goughy
26th February 2007, 11:12 PM
OT sorry:, but Dan, I'm tired of seeing your ugly head in your avatar!!

Fishman Dan
1st March 2007, 10:11 AM
OT sorry:, but Dan, I'm tired of seeing your ugly head in your avatar!!

That's not fair, because I'm not allowed to comment on your long-term avatar!!

Nice Ping hat though ;) :lol:

PS - I can't be arsed changing it to be honest.

terryand
1st March 2007, 10:17 AM
If you want and arse Fishy I put one up here somewhere that would be appropriate :-s

Terry.

Grunt
1st March 2007, 10:53 PM
Draw updated in initial post.

Fishman Dan
2nd March 2007, 07:28 AM
Tez?! No thanks, I have plenty of arse right here? :-s

3oneday
2nd March 2007, 08:09 AM
I have plenty of arse right here? :-s:shock: hmmmm ????

goughy
2nd March 2007, 08:35 AM
That's not fair, because I'm not allowed to comment on your long-term avatar!!

Nice Ping hat though ;) :lol:

PS - I can't be arsed changing it to be honest.

I saw an opportunity to sound insulting without actually being insulting. I couldn't pass it up.

And damn straight you can't comment on mine :) It might be a banning offence ;)

terryand
2nd March 2007, 08:51 AM
I was talking about this one Fishy.I think there is another thread were this will be appropriate too :mrgreen:

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1530/img8610largedj7.jpg

Fishman Dan
2nd March 2007, 09:00 AM
Of course I was talking about golf talent..... or luck :roll: ;)

I still want to know what that horse sat on for there to be a chain hanging out of its clacker!

terryand
2nd March 2007, 09:10 AM
All the horses in the race seemed to have that???

Their tail is tied up by something else and it has that bit of chain hanging there. Some sort of tickler to get em going, much like the rope and bell around the hind quarters of a rodeo bucking broncos and bulls :shock:

Terry.

Grunt
9th March 2007, 07:20 PM
CoffsHacker & Virgil, have you guys sorted out a match yet? Or are dates to get it played before the end of March unachievable? Trung & I may not get our match done before March and we are now planning for it to be held at the Kooindah game in mid April.

Grunt
11th March 2007, 06:21 PM
Well we have our 1st Quarter final.
TS V Amanda

No rush guys might be a good idea to try and get an OzGolf NSW Matchplay day organised once the other quarters are finalised. Oops, I'm dreaming aren't I ?

3oneday
11th March 2007, 07:16 PM
get an OzGolf NSW Matchplay day organised once the other quarters are finalised. Oops, I'm dreaming aren't I ?nope, but it's probably not helping either ;)

Coffs_Hacker
12th March 2007, 12:45 AM
Hoping for april 24or 25 anzac day. If virgal can't make either of these 2 then I'll be doping out unfortunately.

Grunt
12th March 2007, 07:47 AM
Thats cool Craig. Anzac Day could be an option for a few of us to get a game somewhere.
Oops:oops:, I am dreaming again. I should realise that us NSW OzGolfers can't play in packs bigger than 1 group.

3oneday
12th March 2007, 08:06 AM
Oops, I'm dreaming aren't I ?

Oops:oops:, I am dreaming again. I should realise that us NSW OzGolfers can't play in packs bigger than 1 group.Grant, you can't play on a weekend for how long ? a month, two ? the carryon probably doesn't help mate.

Grunt
12th March 2007, 08:12 AM
It is actually 3 weeks in a row at most, with the rotation of the roster it is just that when the weekends are split that I sometimes have a bad run. March is a bad month but April is much better. Am available 3 Sundays & 2 Saturdays.

Also all that was supposed to be in jest, I guess I will leave that sort of stuff to the others in here then. And that is not a dummy spit.

amanda
12th March 2007, 08:27 AM
Tony & I plan on playing our QF at Riverside Oaks. Date hasn't been decided yet

TS
12th March 2007, 09:03 AM
Tony & I plan on playing our QF at Riverside Oaks. Date hasn't been decided yet

Or if there is any other ozgolf day that comes up in the next months or 2. The only prerequiste is that it has to be in the morning so Amanda can go home in the afternoon to prepare her yummy dinner.

Grunt
12th March 2007, 09:07 AM
Are you 2 going to Kooindah?

TS
12th March 2007, 09:11 AM
Are you 2 going to Kooindah?

Grant. I am, but Amanda is not. She doesn't like games that start on midday, doesn't leave her enough time to prepare dinner and do her ironing.

amanda
12th March 2007, 09:25 AM
Yep - and we are likely to be in Mudgee that weekend on holidays.

Trung
12th March 2007, 05:42 PM
Looking at the NSW matchplay draw. Can I play both Grunt and Jimandr at Kooindah?

I'm looking to take care off 2 matches in one go.

:smt108 :smt108 :smt108 :smt108 :smt108

Grunt
12th March 2007, 05:44 PM
Hey I was thinking that myself, you have to get past me 1st :p

Trung
12th March 2007, 05:51 PM
Grant, I'm already looking at my next match.

You are a push over. :smt079

Grunt
12th March 2007, 05:53 PM
game on, 10 holes to me. Going out for game tomorrow for another .1. Should get the start out to 11 holes by mid april :p

terryand
12th March 2007, 05:56 PM
Great attitude grunt :-s If blowing the cap out is meant to scare him or get inside his head :shock:

Terry.

Jarro
12th March 2007, 05:58 PM
You can take him Grunt, the bloke has nothin' :p

Grunt
12th March 2007, 06:01 PM
You can take him Grunt, the bloke has nothin' :p

I know, he is nothin' :) Match play is Grunt's game :p

amanda
12th March 2007, 06:12 PM
Grunt - be warned - this is the guy that would give his mates 18 shots and still wipe the floor with them (and more importantly - take their $50 each!)

Grunt
12th March 2007, 06:15 PM
Same thing was said in c grade pennants when I was off 27 playing 18 markers. I only got beat once, 4 wins and halved the other match.

Trung
12th March 2007, 06:18 PM
Grant,

Posting daily crap is the only game you have.
.. Keep on blowing your hcp out son.. You will need it... 8-)

Jarro,

I read your 8 and 7 humiliation. You should stop posting and take a nice break off together with MTB. :smt038

Tezza,

Good to see you reading NSW thread buddy. :smt023

Trung
12th March 2007, 06:19 PM
Grunt - be warned - this is the guy that would give his mates 18 shots and still wipe the floor with them (and more importantly - take their $50 each!)

Gee Amanda, where did that come from? :lol:

Grunt
12th March 2007, 06:33 PM
Is this match going down as the NSW Matchplay Match of the year?:smt038
I guess it will either be a good match if I bring my A game and kick Trungs Butt hard :p or captiulate early and take Jarro's spot as biggest ass kicking in OzGolf!:oops:

Fishman Dan
12th March 2007, 09:31 PM
or captiulate early and take Jarro's spot as biggest ass kicking in OzGolf!:oops:

That's more like the Grunt we know! Go get 'em Tiger!!

terryand
12th March 2007, 09:35 PM
Tezza,

Good to see you reading NSW thread buddy. :smt023

Things you do when it's too hot to go outside, still 30.4 at 8.30pm :?

Terry.

Trung
12th March 2007, 09:57 PM
Is this match going down as the NSW Matchplay Match of the year?:smt038

Hardly worth mention as Match of the year since you sledge like a girl.

Grunt
13th March 2007, 08:04 PM
Game On

Trung v Grunt

Macquarie Links tomorrow

May the best man win.

terryand
13th March 2007, 08:06 PM
Trung..6/5

Terry.

Grunt
13th March 2007, 08:07 PM
Easy mate, I reckon I can last until 15 at worst :)

TS
13th March 2007, 08:11 PM
Easy mate, I reckon I can last until 15 at worst :)

Grant. Don't sell yourself short. Although I think the course will suit Trung more. You will last 16 holes and the score will be 3 & 2.

Grunt
13th March 2007, 08:13 PM
I dont think I will lose TS. I can see trung crying for mercy somewhere on the back nine :p I am psyched!!!

TS
13th March 2007, 08:17 PM
I dont think I will lose TS. I can see trung crying for mercy somewhere on the back nine :p I am psyched!!!

The reason that I think Trung has an advantage is that Macquarie Link is one of these course it is fairly hard when you play it for the first time. ALo had about 200 when I took him there.

Grunt
13th March 2007, 08:18 PM
Both of us have never played there.

Grunt
13th March 2007, 08:22 PM
Just looking at the match index on the macquarie Links website has got me thinking i am going to have to play well to stay in the match. Most of the holes i get are late in the back nine.
I get

Guess it just is one of those clubs that does not use the standard index.

Grunt
13th March 2007, 08:28 PM
Another point of view maybe if Trung has not put me to bed by the 14th. I am right in the game still;)

AndyP
13th March 2007, 08:49 PM
Looks like you are doing a good job of talking yourself into it, as I'm not sure who you are talking too.

Go Grunt, you good thing.

Fishman Dan
14th March 2007, 07:55 AM
The reason that I think Trung has an advantage is that Macquarie Link is one of these course it is fairly hard when you play it for the first time. ALo had about 200 when I took him there.

What did he have on the back 9? :lol:

Grunt
14th March 2007, 10:45 AM
Well in just over an hour it is game on, may the best OzGolfer win:smt023. Hope I have my A game with me.:roll: Hopefully I will come out of this a winner.:-k Best of luck Trung.

3oneday
14th March 2007, 10:47 AM
Hopefully I will come out of this a winner.:-k hopefully you will, whether you win or lose ;)

Grunt
14th March 2007, 10:49 AM
hopefully you will, whether you win or lose ;)
Yep that is the plan, bit of a bummer having to play this in a bit of a form slump but you don't get out of them not playing so we shall see what happens.

AndyP
14th March 2007, 10:54 AM
bit of a bummer having to play this in a bit of a form slump but you don't get out of them not playing so we shall see what happens.
Actually, having a break has worked wonders for my form slumps.

Have fun and don't let Trung catch you stepping on his ball.

3oneday
14th March 2007, 10:55 AM
a bummer having to play this in a bit of a form slumpTrungs odds are shortening with every post Grant, go have a putt for a 45 minutes :)

Virgal_Tracy
14th March 2007, 11:32 AM
Speaking of odds. Anyone want to start a book on the outcome.

Surely one of you experienced punters can come up with a market.

eg. Trung 9/2 on
Grant 8/1

Come on someone with some punting form put up a reasonable market and then start laying off bets

lead at 9
overall win
highest stabby score

3oneday
14th March 2007, 11:42 AM
Grant would be two's at worst, who would know if Trungs been out shagging all night !!! :lol:

Fishman Dan
14th March 2007, 11:57 AM
Someone care to put a price on the old bloke? Some broken down fella with a reg shaft in his driver and hybrids up to 5-iron - TS?

3oneday
14th March 2007, 12:32 PM
Same side of the draw as the defending champ... probably 4's at this stage.

Fishman Dan
14th March 2007, 01:15 PM
I'm in the market, but seeing as though the champ is in the same bracket I want nothing under 7's. Any takers?

dc68
14th March 2007, 04:22 PM
Word in Via text Grunt lost 2 & 1.

Fishman Dan
14th March 2007, 04:23 PM

I got more words than that, but I can confirm the rumours ;) :lol:

dc68
14th March 2007, 04:27 PM
He fought hard never more than 2 down apparently

AndyP
14th March 2007, 04:35 PM
I expect a full breakdown of the match in a 10 page document in Word format.

dc68
14th March 2007, 04:42 PM
Soon enough , soon enough.

Jarro
14th March 2007, 05:04 PM

I got the same SMS :lol:

Grunt
14th March 2007, 05:30 PM
Yeah tried but just not good enough, could not win hole I had shots on. I think I may have halved almost every hole that I had a shot on early on. got to square a couple of times only to blow it. Never got in front, Trung was too strong.

Grunt
14th March 2007, 06:06 PM
Another 1/4 Final match up set. Trung v Jimandr. This match could be at Kooindah on the 15th

Trung
14th March 2007, 07:59 PM
Who is crying now? :roll: :smt079 :smt108

Well in just over an hour it is game on, may the best OzGolfer win:smt023. Hope I have my A game with me.:roll: Hopefully I will come out of this a winner.:-k Best of luck Trung.
After what I saw today, I will give you A for whinging, B for talking yourself down, C for thinking you have a chance, D for turning up and E for your game.

I know, he is nothin' :) Match play is Grunt's game :p
You SUX!!! :roll: :smt038

Same thing was said in c grade pennants when I was off 27 playing 18 markers. I only got beat once, 4 wins and halved the other match.
You SUX again!!! :roll: :roll: :smt038

I would like to thanks Grant for turning up and making up the number for our annual NSW matchplay tournament. You SUX again and again.

Grant can now concentrate on updating the match play draw. :smt023

Jarro
14th March 2007, 08:04 PM
Nothing like a gracious winner Trungie :roll:

Fishman Dan
14th March 2007, 08:05 PM
Wow. Talk yourself up and prepare to pay the price!

terryand
14th March 2007, 08:07 PM
His silence before the game was deafening :mrgreen:

Terry.

Trung
14th March 2007, 08:09 PM
Nothing like a gracious winner Trungie :roll:

Mr. 8 & 7...

There is even a forum banner immortalizing it.

YOU SHOULD BUTT OUT.... until next year.. :smt023

Jarro
14th March 2007, 08:11 PM
yeah yeah, old news :roll:

How you reckon you're gonna go in the 2nd round ?

.. or should i ask Grant ?

terryand
14th March 2007, 08:12 PM
Mr. 8 & 7...

There is even a forum banner immortalizing it.

YOU SHOULD BUTT OUT.... until next year.. :smt023

http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Trung
14th March 2007, 08:15 PM
How you reckon you're gonna go in the 2nd round ?

Jim is a tough opponent and a great matchplay player. I'm honour to play Jim in my second match.

;)

Grunt
14th March 2007, 08:45 PM
Who is crying now? :roll: :smt079 :smt108

After what I saw today, I will give you A for whinging, B for talking yourself down, C for thinking you have a chance, D for turning up and E for your game.

You SUX!!! :roll: :smt038

You SUX again!!! :roll: :roll: :smt038

I would like to thanks Grant for turning up and making up the number for our annual NSW matchplay tournament. You SUX again and again.

Grant can now concentrate on updating the match play draw. :smt023

Thanks mate but I thought I summed it up well enough earlier. I was not good enough, no excuses just plain not good enough. Hey someone has to be the OzGolf Loser, maybe us 1st round losers can have a game to make sure i am that person, don't want to drag anyone down to my levels but have to clear the air and prove once an for all that I am the worst OzGolfer here.

3oneday
14th March 2007, 09:13 PM
prove once an for all that I am the worst OzGolfer here.not whilst Jarro is breathing :p

Jarro
14th March 2007, 09:17 PM
not whilst Jarro is breathing :p

yeah get over it Grant.

I got towelled up by a crippled old fart with the worst slice since Jack the Ripper ..... you don't see me cutting my wrists or anything :roll:

;)

jimandr
14th March 2007, 09:33 PM
I didn't know whether to quote the post where Trung twists the knife deep into his last opponent, or the one where he butters up his next opponent (me).

At this early stage I will say that I'm a very poor sledger, and I'm not playing as well as I'd like right now.

Kooindah on the 15th might be a good option as a date and venue, unless we come up with something else.

Trung
15th March 2007, 02:38 AM
Jim, Win, Lose or Draw... we will have a good match.

Grant, get over it. There is no losers comp (unless you want a game with the DOC) :mrgreen: .

Jono
15th March 2007, 07:45 AM
Jim is a tough opponent and a great matchplay player. I'm honour to play Jim in my second match.

;)

I just had a mental picture of Trungy licking Jim's arse clean ...

:smt078

Virgal_Tracy
15th March 2007, 09:15 AM

Yeah but why share it with us. Ew.

Trung
15th March 2007, 10:54 AM
Jim is not a sledger so I'm on neutral sledging mode and expect a decent match.

You can kiss my ar*e....

3oneday
15th March 2007, 11:04 AM
This finished yet ???

terryand
15th March 2007, 02:54 PM
How's Grunt today ?

Terry.

Fishman Dan
15th March 2007, 03:01 PM
Who?

jimandr
15th March 2007, 09:29 PM

I was trying to think of a smart comeback to this, but I'm too shocked that a medical specialist draws mental pictures of this type.

I know which hospital to avoid in future.

mikezone13
15th March 2007, 09:37 PM
Guys I'm new here but have to comment after witnessing the Trung v Grant match first hand.

Grant was putting up a good fight until his ball impersonated a skimming stone and took 3 or 4 hops across the lake on the left of the 14th and stayed in the water about 6 inches?? from the edge.

He came back with a great up and down 3 on the 15th which was playing all of its 211m before all four in our group found the same fairway bunker on 16... after going in the bunker and nailing a hybrid or wood, straight into a tree, the ball was never to be seen again and all hope was just about gone.

If you'd asked me at the end of the round what the score was in a match (I never actually asked throughout the round) I would of said there was only 1 or 2 holes in it, but as Grant said earlier, he just couldn't get his nose in front despite some good fortune, some good shots and of course the missed putt from 2 feet on 12 :D

Mike

Jono
15th March 2007, 10:12 PM
Mike,

I don't think it's too late to join in. There are still 2 spots available. Since we haven't finished all our first round matches yet, I can't see why you can't take one of those spots if those players with byes are happy to play you.

mikezone13
15th March 2007, 10:16 PM
Mike,

I don't think it's too late to join in. There are still 2 spots available. Since we haven't finished all our first round matches yet, I can't see why you can't take one of those spots if those players with byes are happy to play you.

Always keen mate, my 16(15.6) handicap should hold up quite well. Although with the soccer season starting in 2 weeks I am limited to Sundays and the odd midweek escape.

May the powers that be decide my fate :lol: ... although with the draw already being made it may seem a bit unfair to join after the gun so to speak.

Jono
15th March 2007, 10:24 PM
Mate, we are flexible with the rules. In the past years, we had first round losers come back with a wildcard. If either Jim or McCoy are happy to play you, I'm sure Grunt can alter the draw.

BTW, check out the Kooindah game coming up. Sunday April 15th. 8)

mikezone13
15th March 2007, 10:29 PM
Mate, we are flexible with the rules. In the past years, we had first round losers come back with a wildcard. If either Jim or McCoy are happy to play you, I'm sure Grunt can alter the draw.

BTW, check out the Kooindah game coming up. Sunday April 15th. 8)

Might do mate, I'm heading up there to play Friday 23rd before a weekend away at Port Stephens with the missus.

I'll wait to hear whether anyone is keen to take on the zoner and his amazing yet terribly unpredicatble golf game :D

Trung
15th March 2007, 10:34 PM
I'll wait to hear whether anyone is keen to take on the zoner and his amazing yet terribly unpredicatble golf game :D

Your kidding are you?

16hcper.... :roll:

give me a break... 8-)

mikezone13
15th March 2007, 10:43 PM
Your kidding are you?

16hcper.... :roll:

give me a break... 8-)

Come on mate you saw my pitiful short game from 50m in ;)

Fishman Dan
16th March 2007, 01:14 PM
So now that we've got the matchplay well and truly motoring, perhaps we could start to organise the Ozgolf NSW Foursomes?

Courty
16th March 2007, 01:18 PM

3oneday
16th March 2007, 01:19 PM
So now that we've got the matchplay well and truly motoring, perhaps we could start to organise the Ozgolf NSW Foursomes?Only if I can play with you Dan, to give you the experience of the LEFT side of the fairway ;)

:p

TS
16th March 2007, 01:26 PM
So now that we've got the matchplay well and truly motoring, perhaps we could start to organise the Ozgolf NSW Foursomes?

Dan. I think that is a great idea, I am sure the Qlder will follow and setup the same event soon.

The most important lessons I learned from playing foursome in the past is never team up with you friend, because you won't be talking to each other after the game.

3oneday
16th March 2007, 01:28 PM
I learned from playing foursome in the past is never team up with you friend, because you won't be talking to each other after the game.then I guess there will be a queue to play with Dan ???? ;)

terryand
16th March 2007, 02:23 PM
then I guess there will be a queue to play with Dan ???? ;)

:-#

Grunt
17th March 2007, 08:37 AM
NSW OzGolfers, Question for all of you out there. Andrew PM'd me earlier this week to inform me that due to work commitment he can't get a game in with Burger. Then Mikezone13 joined and liked the idea and signaled an intention to play in the Matchplay. Andrew suggested to me that he would give his match to Mike.
Question is;
Should we slot Mike into the 1st available spot which if it were to go off the actual draw it would be against McCoy. OR
Should we slot him in Andrew's spot and Mike would play Burger for a 1/4 final spot.

In my opinion he should slot in against McCoy but I will slot him in where ever the majority think would be the fairest and best option for all parties.

Also in previous years to avoid walkovers we have had people that have lost in the 1st round slot back in. Do we want to do this again? and before anyone has a go at me I am not interested in slotting myself back in!

TS
17th March 2007, 08:58 AM
Grant. Give all 3 that gets a bye a choice to see if any of them can and want to play Mike.

Andrew
17th March 2007, 10:14 AM
I apologise for this.

My work often dictates that things are ‘up in the air’ until the contract is actually signed.

I will still be playing at Newcastle on 13th April, which will probably be my only golf for the next few months, but that is my home course, so I can’t play Burger there, although he is more than welcome to join us.

So, I am out of the matchplay. Sorry about that.

I am more than happy to cop whatever ridicule is coming my way.

3oneday
17th March 2007, 11:09 AM
I'll have a game ;)

McCoy
17th March 2007, 11:09 AM
No that's fine Andrew, totally understandable. Now I just need Burger to pull out so I can make the semis without actually playing anyone.

jimandr
17th March 2007, 06:27 PM
I'm a touch reluctant to actually put my two cents in, as 'the rules' make me the person to progress with a bye no matter what. As it happens, my second round game with Trung is already organised, so it should take place as scheduled.

I think Andrew should be replaced by one of the latecomers.

My opinion is that Grant should put the names of 3oneday and mikeZone in the hat. First name out replaces Andrew and plays Burger. Second name out plays McCoy.

I don't suppose there is a third latecomer waiting in the wings? Then we could complete the draw and have a full first round.

Anything that provides a reason to ridicule Andrew makes me happy.

Grunt
18th March 2007, 12:40 AM
Was Pete (3oneday) serious when he said he was now interested?

Jono
18th March 2007, 12:56 AM
Was Pete (3oneday) serious when he said he was now interested?

Why don't you ask him? He's not going to bite your head off ... ;) :lol:

Jono
18th March 2007, 12:58 AM
I'm a touch reluctant to actually put my two cents in, as 'the rules' make me the person to progress with a bye no matter what. As it happens, my second round game with Trung is already organised, so it should take place as scheduled.

I think Andrew should be replaced by one of the latecomers.

My opinion is that Grant should put the names of 3oneday and mikeZone in the hat. First name out replaces Andrew and plays Burger. Second name out plays McCoy.

I don't suppose there is a third latecomer waiting in the wings? Then we could complete the draw and have a full first round.

Anything that provides a reason to ridicule Andrew makes me happy.

So you think you should get a bye because you are the defending champ, ey? :lol:

Trung
18th March 2007, 06:42 PM
my second round game with Trung is already organised, so it should take place as scheduled.

I concur with Jim's comment.

8-)

Fishman Dan
19th March 2007, 02:46 PM

My opinion is that if these names were in the hat in the first place the draw would look much different.

No restocking of the hat. Walkovers or perhaps a repecharge (1st round losers + new entries readmitted to comp), otherwise the comp should go on as planned.

Grunt
19th March 2007, 02:57 PM
So you think we should just leave everything as it is Dan? Or should we let Mike & Pete slot in? Not sure what you meant.

Fishman Dan
19th March 2007, 03:01 PM
Hmm... allow me to clarify;

* I don't think changes should be made to the current draw, but
* I am out of the comp, so it doesn't affect me either way

Trung
19th March 2007, 03:02 PM
Mike - New member, let him play and be part of the group.
Pete - Has plenty of time to decide his availibility right from the start of the comp. I'm against him joining the comp now.

Grunt
19th March 2007, 03:04 PM
So I will put them both in the draw, Mike first and Pete second. Pete will play McCoy & Mike will draw with Burger. Is this ok?

Fishman Dan
19th March 2007, 03:09 PM
Showing leniency to 3oneday is never ok.

I move a "no confidence" motion against Grant as NSW OzGolf organiser.

Grunt
19th March 2007, 03:12 PM
I am not even sure he was fair dinkum in wanting to play.

TS
19th March 2007, 03:41 PM
I reckon I could just about sign up for this.
Am I eligible ?

69. You are not good enough to play with us NSWelshman. We don't want to lower the standard that far.

Trung
19th March 2007, 03:47 PM
So I will put them both in the draw, Mike first and Pete second. Pete will play McCoy & Mike will draw with Burger. Is this ok?

Yes to Mike
No to Pete (READ POST #234)

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=149477&postcount=234

Fishman Dan
19th March 2007, 03:49 PM
I reckon I could just about sign up for this.
Am I eligible ?

Don't know about eligible, but definately illegitimate!

AndyP
19th March 2007, 03:54 PM
1st round byes are not confirmed as yet..........
Post #1.

mikezone13
19th March 2007, 03:57 PM
Sorry for throwing a spanner in the works... but I blame jono, Trung and Grant for even suggesting I visit this place/sign up for the match ;)

Trung
19th March 2007, 04:05 PM
1st round byes are not confirmed as yet, in the draw McCoy got the 1st Bye and Jim got the 2nd so if someone were to enter McCoy will be first to give up the bye/open game.

McCoy vs Mike

8)

Grunt
19th March 2007, 04:14 PM
Done

McCoy v Mikezone13

Burger thru to 1/4 final, w/o

will update the draw sheet some time this evening.

mikezone13
19th March 2007, 04:18 PM
McCoy vs Mike

8)

Is that because you're scared of giving me 6-8 shots? ;)

Trung
19th March 2007, 04:31 PM
Is that because you're scared of giving me 6-8 shots? ;)

......from an one week old member..... :-s

ps. you will find that you will fit it here quite well at ozgolf :smt079 .

3oneday
19th March 2007, 04:36 PM
Sorry, can't play that weekend ;)

Trung, you sadden me :cry:

Trung
19th March 2007, 05:12 PM
Sorry, can't play that weekend ;)

Trung, you sadden me :cry:

come here, I will give you a hug... :smt056

and then a smack :smt075

3oneday
19th March 2007, 05:12 PM