PDA

View Full Version : Best Golf Bargain

senecio
6th May 2004, 12:14 AM
If anyone has read my recent post to the "What's in the bag" thread you will know that I picked up a second hand titleist driver this morning for not much more than some people are willing to pay for a box of balls.

I'd like to know what bargains other people have found over the years.

It could be that $20 putter you go back when your $300 Scotty Cameron just isn't working anymore, or the fairway wood that you got from a garage sale for stuff all but you can always rely on it when you need to find the fairway from the next tee.

Ryan

Jarro
6th May 2004, 05:39 AM
my "bargain" would have to be the pair of RAC Black wedges (52/56) that i bought off Nudgee \:D/ =D> Actually, come to think of it, the 60* i bought from an E-Bay seller in Sydney..and it was a bargain too.... less than 1/2 retail price \:D/

All up i paid 1 1/2 times what 1 wedge is worth for 3 wedges :D

and they are great wedges too let me tell ya =P~

BrisVegas
6th May 2004, 09:00 AM
My biggest bargain is probably the irons I'm using now (Tommy Armour evo forged). I got them for US$299. Prior to that it was probably the Biggest Big Bertha driver I bought when I moved to the states in 98. At that time, retail in Oz was about $800. When I saw one in a golf shop over there for $300, I almost fell over. Needless to say I bought one!! It was another month or so until I got irons to go with it. I'd just go to the driving range with my driver!!! :oops: :D

markTHEblake
6th May 2004, 09:18 AM
Would have to be the $2 that I sold my precious Ziggy for at a garage sale.

jaster
6th May 2004, 08:13 PM
Hmm...so many bargains..hmmmm

I would have to say it is my Sonartec...clean swap it for a 980F that cost me $100, also included a 58* Vokey that cost me $65 and got a White Hot 2 ball in the deal that I just sold for $200 8) I am $35up and still have the Sonartec :P

Fishman Dan
7th May 2004, 08:34 AM
I got my White Hot #7 for $130 at a PowerGolf carpark sale. They had quite a few, not sure if they were trade-ins but there was some bag-wear. Otherwise it's a damn fine putter. They were retailing for $260 at the time.

After changing from a generic flat stick (Fazer) my putting literally improved overnight.