PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 13th November 2006

BrisVegas
19th November 2006, 08:00 PM
Hey, I'm actually starting one of these threads!

Had a hit with poidda this morning at Brookwater, off the golds.

81 gross, 73 nett.
11 fairways
9 GIR
33 putts
3 birdies - 4,14,18.

Hit it ok, but was striping the irons for a change! Left a few < 8 footers out there which was disappointing, but otherwise I'm happy to be 80 or thereabouts at Brookwater. In fact, I tripled the 10th, so could easily have had been a couple better.

BrisVegas
20th November 2006, 08:26 AM
Forgot to add how slow it felt to be playing at "normal" pace after zipping around last Sunday in 1.5 hours! We played the first 5 holes with two other guys who were hacking it up pretty bad. It was painful. On the 6th tee (1hr20mins into our round) they asked us if we wanted to go ahead. Tried not to look too keen, but graciously accepted their offer. We played the last 12 holes in 1hr40mins and had a much more enjoyable time of things.

AndyP
20th November 2006, 09:50 AM
19/11/2006, Virginia GC, Stableford

8/14 effective T-shots.
2/18 effective approaches.
8/11 up & down successes.
28 putts. (wipe counted as 2)
------------------
7 pars.
9 bogeys.
1 double.
1 other.
Score 46-40-86 stab 33pts (Par 35-36-71)

I'm surprised my T-shot stats look okay. I played the majority of the round with a huge slice off the tee. Don't know where it came from and hopefully it's not there next time. The last couple of drives were better.

As usual, not enough greens hit, but considering I hadn't had a full round since the Champs, I'm wrapped with my short game. I think the pitch n putt round gave me some confidence with pitching.

Messy round, but managed to post a respectable score, which is encouraging.

Next round: 28 or 29 Nov, Bonville

PeteyD
20th November 2006, 09:59 AM
Well after a few good rounds I put in 2 erratic ones on Saturday. 27pts at Reddy Bay in the morning and 29 at RiverLakes after lunch.

Extremely erratic golf for me, would play a few good holes and then a bunch of poor shots. Just one of those days I guess.

I did take the kids to River Lakes and they had a good time. Somehow Shazza put her round together despite their best efforts at being noisy!!