PDA

View Full Version : PGA Tour driving distances

goughy
29th August 2004, 05:23 AM
I see scott hend is now more than a metre ahead of hank kuene in driving distance now. It used to be closer than that. Geoff ogilvie is in 4th place too.

Iain
29th August 2004, 09:28 AM
It would be great for him to take that title this year.

I'd love to see him, Daly, Kuene and Woods in a long driving contest, carry only with a launch moniter and swing vision on all thier swings.

As I think the hard fairways exagerate's (sp?) dd of all except the long long hitters.

Jarro
29th August 2004, 03:28 PM
..i can believe it after watching him on the driving range at Nudgee a while ago.

The guy is scary long :shock: but the ballflight is so high, it just keeps going and going :!:

Next time i hear he's going to be there, i'm gonna go down and check out his bag, give him a few tips, and just generally be like Blakey (PITA) :wink:

markTHEblake
29th August 2004, 05:39 PM
and just generally be like Blakey (PITA) :wink:

what do you mean donkey?, like swapping a few iron covers around and sneaking a brick into the carry bag.

Iain
30th August 2004, 08:46 AM
sneaking a brick into the carry bag.
That most likely won't affect Scott Hend, but his caddie will be looking for you.. :wink: :roll:

Jarro
30th August 2004, 08:46 AM
and just generally be like Blakey (PITA) :wink:

what do you mean donkey?, like swapping a few iron covers around and sneaking a brick into the carry bag.

OK, thanks for putting that in writting .....

.. i'll be sending you the bill for the Ogio repairs :smt023

markTHEblake
30th August 2004, 10:51 AM
Your just lucky the rocks around the garden on Southports 1st tee were concreted in.

Iain
30th August 2004, 01:46 PM
I had a lesson with Chris Chaplin today and he said that he is really stuggling with his course managment, putting and short game, and that there is not much that he can do, as it is in Scott's head, that he really has to figure it out by himself.

Jarro
30th August 2004, 01:48 PM
I had a lesson with Chris Chaplin today and he said that he is really stuggling with his course managment, putting and short game, and that there is not much that he can do, as it is in Scott's head, that he really has to figure it out by himself.

.. so how'd YOU go :?: What'd you think of Chris :?:

Iain
30th August 2004, 04:27 PM
.. so how'd YOU go :?: What'd you think of Chris :?:
I went well, he gave me a few things to work on, but said that my swing wasn't in too bad a shape, just have to basically try to take the hands out of it to try and improve my consistency.

He was a very good teacher, communicated very well, showed me what I was doing and what I should be doing... :roll: Gave me a couple of drills etc.

I'm very happy I went to see him, and will definately go to see him again in a few of weeks when I've got this stuff down. 8)

Iain

Eag's
31st August 2004, 07:34 PM
Yep he is the man Ian 8)
Must head back and see him again soon :D

Iain
1st September 2004, 08:49 AM
Yep he is the man Ian 8)
Ummm, excuse me Eag's, it's Iain....
:roll: :evil: [-X
Yep, I will go back again. 8)

Jarro
1st September 2004, 12:23 PM
Yep he is the man Ian 8)
Ummm, excuse me Eag's, it's Iain....
:roll: :evil: [-X
Yep, I will go back again. 8)

maybe the 3 of us should have a group lesson..see if he'll give us a discount :wink:

AndyP
1st September 2004, 01:42 PM
maybe the 3 of us should have a group lesson..see if he'll give us a discount :wink:
:idea: That's a good idea, jarro. You've got me mildly interested.

Iain
2nd September 2004, 05:18 PM
I'd be in for that Jarro. Looks like AndyP is too... :P

jaster
2nd September 2004, 08:13 PM
I strongly recommend against a group lesson, use to do this as a junior (only time I have had real lessons!!) and you either got all the attention or you didn't get any of the attention....you bunch of tight arses :roll: :wink:

AndyP
2nd September 2004, 08:36 PM
I strongly recommend against a group lesson, use to do this as a junior (only time I have had real lessons!!) and you either got all the attention or you didn't get any of the attention....you bunch of tight arses :roll: :wink:
I can't see how it could be that bad, as long as you are only using it for reinforcement after having individual lessons.

andylo
2nd September 2004, 08:45 PM

Well... jaster is right.

Unless you pretend to be someone can't hit the ball at all, or else you will not get more than 10% of the attention... but if you pretending a bad player, what can you learn?

Jarro
2nd September 2004, 09:16 PM
I've actually seen Chris giving some Jap boys a group lesson (on course) and he seemed to be spending quite a lot of time with each of them :-k

AndyP
3rd September 2004, 06:57 AM
Well... jaster is right.

When are you buying your set of Pings, A-Lo? :P

goughy
4th October 2004, 08:39 PM
Bugger. Keuhne has taken over top spot on the driving stats. With all the hype about him I am really hoping hend can get the #1 back.

terryand
4th October 2004, 09:02 PM
I think he has bigger things to worry about than the driving stat. He has slipped from 124 to 126 on the money list.

You don't get a start next year if your number one in driving distance.

Terry.

goughy
4th October 2004, 10:08 PM
You're right terry, but at least he had the driving distance :(

Jarro
5th October 2004, 02:24 AM
according to his coach here in Australia.. he was becoming far too obsessed with distance off the tee, rather than his overall game :roll:

AndyP
5th October 2004, 09:33 AM
according to his coach here in Australia.. he was becoming far too obsessed with distance off the tee, rather than his overall game :roll:
Doesn't sound like anyone on this forum. :roll:

andylo
5th October 2004, 11:07 AM
Well... jaster is right.

When are you buying your set of Pings, A-Lo? :P

:lol: