PDA

View Full Version : Virginia GC, Sunday Nov 19, 12:18pm

AndyP
17th November 2006, 01:13 PM
I've just booked a group at Virginia for Sunday afternoon (might be rather warm).
There's one spot available in my group, that I've reserved, and the group afterwards was still free.

It's single stableford format, and the cost is $20.

I haven't played there in over 2 years, so I'm looking forward to playing it again.

Anyone interested?

1. AndyP 33pts
2. notlob 31pts
3. just 24pts

andylo
17th November 2006, 02:25 PM
I maybe crazy enough to play Nudgee then Virginia.... lets see what happen :)

AndyP
17th November 2006, 02:41 PM
What do you mean "lets see what happen".

Does your name need to go down on the timesheet or not?

just
17th November 2006, 03:36 PM
AndyP
Put me down, I'll play if you'll have me.

1. AndyP
2. notlob
3. Cameron
4. Just

Just

AndyP
17th November 2006, 03:52 PM
Good to have you on board.

FYI notlob is playing off 25, and Cameron doesn't even have a handicap but would be off 27 or so.

andylo
17th November 2006, 05:15 PM
Ah... it happens again. never mind :) you go just :D

p.s.: when I mean lets see what happen I mean "lets see what happen to me at the end of the day". just my poor english + can't really stay on ozg for too long on the new job.

Moe Norman
17th November 2006, 05:53 PM
you said you 'might' be.

if you want to play, add your name to the list.

this isn't an a language problem, its a basic comprehension problem.

Eag's
18th November 2006, 04:51 PM
AndyP
Put me down, I'll play if you'll have me.

1. AndyP
2. notlob
3. Cameron
4. Just

Just

I will play if someone can't make it :smt002

AndyP
18th November 2006, 05:35 PM
Eag's, I've just been told the timesheet is pretty full, but you could go off the 10th at 12:12p or after. If you were keen, you could see if A-Lo still wanted to play (via SMS), and we could play as two groups of 3.

I won't be back online until tomorrow.

AndyP
20th November 2006, 09:14 AM
Nice afternoon for golf yesterday at Virginia. Could have been a real stinker, but fortunately there was a breeze to keep things pleasant.

The course is in pretty good nick. The greens were good, and the fairways weren't too dry. Nothing to complain about for the $20 comp fee.

However, play was slow, with the round nearing the 5 hour mark. I think it did just's head in, but unusually I didn't get too worried about it. I was told by a guy in another group that the Sunday comp is usually slow, so that's something to keep in mind for next time.

One thing I'll note about the golf course is the amount of harder holes that are stacked on the front nine. In my case, I got 7 of my 11 shots on the front nine, and it was a similar story for the other guys. It messes with the head a little bit as far as stableford goes.
There's also quite a few new bunkers around that I don't recall being there 2 years ago. A chainsaw is still needed on a couple of the holes (4,15) though.

Unlike the Nudgee game, there wasn't any A grade golf being played in our group, with most of us struggling at various stages.

Scores:
1. AndyP 33pts
2. notlob 31pts
3. just 24pts
Cameron - Social (He's starting to swing around to the idea of getting a Robina membership though)

Thanks for the day, lads.

AndyP
20th November 2006, 11:17 AM
Also, congratulations to notlob for winning the pro pin on the 12th. 12 balls heading his way.
Not bad for his first comp round.

Nice to see they ignored the correction of my score you made on my card, just. They marked it down as 31 points anyway. Obviously the line you made through 31 wasn't heavy enough.........