PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Social hit from 28th November and onwards

Matt 3 Jab
17th November 2006, 12:49 PM
Hey all, havent been around much, other things like uni exams and bulilding guitars to do, but was wondering if anyone wanted a social hit as i am not a member of a club anymore.

From the 28th onwards ill be free during the week, i cant play weekends.

Let me know anyone who wants to play, dont mind where, or what time, just feel like 18 holes again.

Had 9 a week ago and hit it ok, so if anyone wants to play reply here!

I hate golf, but i dont, because i like it (Andrew) :mrgreen:

amanda
17th November 2006, 02:51 PM
I'll be in for a midweek game somewhere.

Matt 3 Jab
18th November 2006, 08:02 AM
Cool, well we'll organise it then

Anyone else?

Jono
18th November 2006, 08:04 AM
Count me in too. 8)

Andrew
18th November 2006, 09:14 AM
I hate golf, but i dont, because i like it (Andrew) :mrgreen:

One of the great quote of the year. I hope the police force understand what a truly complex mind they are getting in you, Matt.

Yeah, I'm up for a midweek social hit as well. It may mean I actually get to play some golf with Amanda & Brad finally.

Matt 3 Jab
18th November 2006, 11:02 AM
Sounds like a good group, might get 2 groups going, wheres ping and grunt?

Grunt
18th November 2006, 12:53 PM
Depends on the day chosen. I will see how it fits in with my work roster.

jimandr
19th November 2006, 09:10 PM
I knew you'd be back.

I might be forced to take some leave in the first week of January, which is the worst time for a single person to go on holidays, so I might be looking to fill in some time during that week.

Pinglauncher
20th November 2006, 10:09 PM
Sounds like a good group, might get 2 groups going, wheres ping and grunt?

Will see how I am travelling for roster days but a mid week social hit sounds good.

I am also off second and third weeks of January so Nathan and I will be looking for some games.

Matt 3 Jab
21st November 2006, 08:56 AM
Cool so maybe a game soon and one in january.

I dont think ill be at goulburn at that time but i might be, so we'll see what happens

Trung
21st November 2006, 09:50 AM
I'm in

Matt 3 Jab
25th November 2006, 07:20 AM
Ok, im back from being away, lets have a hit!!

Where and when people?

If its going to be a social round, it might limit where we go, but i guess there are still alot of public courses.

Days and venues???

Jono
26th November 2006, 07:13 PM
How about Eastlakes? It's $20 for 18 holes after noon, Mon to Thu. Pretty good deal for social play.

How does Wed or Thu arvo sound?

Grunt
26th November 2006, 08:28 PM
Back at work Wednesday so I will not be available for play until next Tuesday.

Matt 3 Jab
27th November 2006, 07:45 AM
Sounds good jono, i would rather wednesday arvo, say 1pm? Anyone else up for it?

TS
27th November 2006, 09:42 AM
Which day are we talking about?

Matt 3 Jab
27th November 2006, 01:09 PM
Well im out wednesday now, lets make it the following wednesday, that sound ok?
It would be the 6th of december, East lakes, 1pm?

Grunt
27th November 2006, 01:25 PM
I may be able to make that one, will let you know sooner.

amanda
27th November 2006, 03:27 PM
damn - I have no car at the moment (being repaired - someone hit us on the weekend) - so I'm out until maybe the week starting 11 Dec - sorry

Jono
27th November 2006, 06:11 PM
damn - I have no car at the moment (being repaired - someone hit us on the weekend) - so I'm out until maybe the week starting 11 Dec - sorry

Perhaps Matt can give you guys a lift?

Matt, 6th sounds good to me. It'll be a pleasure for me to show you around my new home course ... 8)

Matt 3 Jab
27th November 2006, 10:35 PM
For sure i could give amanda and brad a lift. I still have their putting book.

Sounds good jono, but i cant hit it as well as i used to, so dont tell me to hit the driver aound the corner etc ;)

Jono
27th November 2006, 11:15 PM
So should we lock it in for the 6th at Eastlake?

How many are coming?

1. Matt
2. Jono
3. Amanda?
4. Brad?
5. Grunt?
6. Andrew?
7. Trung?

Would be great if we can get two full groups. We haven't had a decent Ozgolf day in Sydney for a while.

Trung
28th November 2006, 01:19 AM
I'm working at Sydney between 1-9am to match my US office hours. Should be ok for the game, will see how my body hold up.

I'm in pencil

Andrew
28th November 2006, 07:03 AM
I can't play on the 6th.

peter_rs
28th November 2006, 07:18 AM
I could be in for this. depending on work.

Only problem is I don't have my golf gear down in SYD with me.

Matt 3 Jab
28th November 2006, 08:07 AM
I can't play on the 6th.
I thought wednesdays were good for you?

Jono
28th November 2006, 08:13 AM
I can't play on the 6th.

Andrew,

I wouldn't mind your valued opinion on the layout of my new home course, so why don't you let us know which day you are free that week? :-D

Same applies for the rest. Please list the date/s you are free that week (Mon 4th to Thu 7th) and we'll pick a date that suits the most people. 8)

Jono
28th November 2006, 08:15 AM

You can be my caddie ... :twisted:

TS
28th November 2006, 08:44 AM
1. Matt
2. Jono
3. Amanda?
4. Brad?
5. Grunt?
6. Andrew?
7. Trung?
8. TS
9. Tripod

I need to pick Tripod up from the airport around 12:30, do you mind if you tee off around 1:30pm.

Matt 3 Jab
28th November 2006, 09:42 AM
Sounds good to me!

Virgal_Tracy
28th November 2006, 10:57 AM

Between Jono and TS I'm sure that they have a complete set that you could use:-D Probably more than 1

Is this still scheduled for the Wednesday or are there now other options.

I'm a possible for this once date is confirmed.

1. Matt
2. Jono
3. Amanda?
4. Brad?
5. Grunt?
6. Andrew?
7. Trung?
8. TS
9. Tripod
10. Virgal?

Jono
28th November 2006, 11:38 AM
Between Jono and TS I'm sure that they have a complete set that you could use:-D Probably more than 1

Yeah, but we don't use XXX flex shafts. I'm afraid that Peter might break the shafts in the middle of his backswing ... :-P

Jono
28th November 2006, 11:41 AM
Looks like Wed 6th, 1:30 pm is the likely date/time.

1. Matt
2. Jono
3. Trung (half asleep)
4. TS
5. Tripod
6. Virgal?
7. Amanda?
8. Brad?
9. Grunt?
10. Peter_rs? (Jono's caddie)

Andrew
28th November 2006, 01:07 PM
I thought wednesdays were good for you?

I'm only good for Wednesday mornings, but that will change after Christmas.

Grunt
28th November 2006, 01:54 PM
1:30 is just a bit late for me. Will be stuck right in peak hour traffic coming home. I only do that if people have paid me to get stuck in it.

amanda
28th November 2006, 05:21 PM
count me out - that wednesday I have a major pilot test for the PhD - might have to wait until Jan at this stage.

brad is likely to be at work too

1. Matt
2. Jono
3. Trung (half asleep)
4. TS
5. Tripod
6. Virgal?
7. Grunt?
8. Peter_rs? (Jono's caddie)

Grunt
28th November 2006, 05:38 PM
I will be also out, I forgot we have the in-laws staying with us next week.

1. Matt
2. Jono
3. Trung (half asleep)
4. TS
5. Tripod
6. Virgal?
7. Peter_rs? (Jono's caddie)

peter_rs
28th November 2006, 05:40 PM
Jono I couldn't caddie for you, u would never believe the score you could shoot with all that great advice I have to offer. :)

Jono I'm getting old, with out range time I have dropped back to a firm S or X.... I never used XXX..... welll except for that one driver ;)

Once you know the time I will know if I'm in.... early or late is better so I only lose half a day.

Jono
28th November 2006, 06:04 PM
Amanda and Grant, perhaps next time.

Pete, can you handle R flex? ;) I have a spare set of Topflites with steel shaft you can use along with a Snake Eyes driver with NV 55 S. I've got a range of putters ... mallet, heel shafted, ping copies, etc. Might have to settle for some ugly wedges ...

Let's lock it in for Wed 6th 1:30 pm at this stage and see how many we get. With daylight saving, we can afford to tee up a little bit later ... say 2:30 or even 3pm.

Grunt
28th November 2006, 06:08 PM
Maybe those that dont have to travel can tee off that late Jono, Matt would be looking at a 1 hour plus trip home if he tees off anylater.
Just think how hard it would be for you to have to drive out our way for a early weekday tee time? This time the reverse is true.

TS
28th November 2006, 06:25 PM
Sorry guys. Have to give this a miss as Tripod got his flight mixed up. Mrs Tripod told me they are leaving Dubbo at 12:30, not arriving at Sydney at 12:30 as Tripod suggested.

1. Matt
2. Jono
3. Trung (half asleep)
4. Virgal?
5. Peter_rs? (Jono's caddie)

Jono
28th November 2006, 08:09 PM
Maybe those that dont have to travel can tee off that late Jono, Matt would be looking at a 1 hour plus trip home if he tees off anylater.
Just think how hard it would be for you to have to drive out our way for a early weekday tee time? This time the reverse is true.

Grant,

I've driven out your way for early tee times and late tee times. If you don't want to drive through traffic, fair enough.

Matt, I'll leave it up to you to decide the time and place for the social hit. If you want to play somewhere else, I'm happy to travel. I've offered Eastlake as a suggestion and have simply mentioned that with daylight savings we can afford to tee off a bit later. (catering for Peter_rs's suggestion that we should either have it early or late so that it takes up only half the day)

Now that TS can't make it, we can tee off closer to noon if you prefer. Andrew mentioned that he can play in the morning but I think Wednesday mornings are open comps. If I can somehow get a social tee time Wednesday morning, would you rather that?

Another option is to play on Thursday the 7th.

Matt 3 Jab
29th November 2006, 07:22 AM
I dont mind when we play, i got time ;)
Whatever day, however long it takes to drive home, could play the 18 and then another 9 when the pro shop closes to take play to 7pm then not much traffic lol

I think we should lock the wednesday in, see who we get, and then organise another one later down the track to get alot of people there.

Wed at what ever time it is, if we wanted to play morning, i'll fake a handicap and club hahaha, nah, never mind.

Jono
29th November 2006, 08:15 AM
OK, Matt. Let's lock it in for Wed the 6th. As you say, we can always organise another day later on.

The $20 green fee applies from noon.

1. Matt
2. Jono
3. Trung (half asleep)
4. Virgal?
5. Peter_rs? (Jono's caddie)

Trung, Virgal, and Pete. How does the 6th suit you guys? Any preferred times?

Matt 3 Jab
29th November 2006, 05:03 PM
Jono, can i borrow a driver, my bro in law has mine, and i dont think ill get it back by wednesday, if not ill see if i can find a 3 wood. oh, and i might need a SW, have to check what clubs ive sold or not.

Jono
29th November 2006, 05:28 PM
Sure, Matt. I should be able to find a spare driver somewhere ... Just don't expect a TOUR club. :mrgreen:

Anyone else wants to borrow clubs? 8)

Matt 3 Jab
29th November 2006, 05:40 PM
When have i ever needed a TOUR club, and with my lack of practice ill be lucky to hit the ball!

Grunt
29th November 2006, 06:49 PM
So Matt have you got the golf bug back?

Matt 3 Jab
29th November 2006, 11:07 PM
Nah, just bored, wouldnt mind a game, im still into guitars etc

Maybe when im working full time ill have time for golf.

Jono
2nd December 2006, 05:02 PM
OK. Did a bit of ringing around. Seems like a later tee time is perferred by the majority.

Let's aim for a tee time between 2:30pm and 3pm.

1. Matt
2. Jono
3. Trung
4. Virgal
5. TS
6. TS's mate
7. Peter_rs?

Pete, can you let us know whether you can make it or not? Between TS and myself, we should be able to put together a decent set for you to play with. :-D

It would be good if we can get one more person to make 2 groups of 4 but if not, we'll go groups of 3's. 8)

TS
2nd December 2006, 05:36 PM
I don't think any of my club with senior graphite shafts will be suitable for peter_rs.

Matt 3 Jab
3rd December 2006, 06:01 PM
ok, so we have the time, and the venue.

Lets hope for some hotter weather!

If i break 100 it will be a miracle!!!

Jono
4th December 2006, 06:57 PM
Pete,

Are you coming to this one? Let me know ASAP so I can make up a set for you if you are coming.

peter_rs
5th December 2006, 03:08 PM
Sorry guys I'm out. after working the weekend I hoped for a few hours of but I'm getting another guy to fly down from bris to help, so I cann't take the time of.

I may try and make it to the club house to watch you play 18.

Maybe next time jono:(

Jono
5th December 2006, 08:39 PM
Sorry to hear that Pete. Next time. 8)

I've booked two groups for 2:45 pm but I think we can tee off a bit earlier or later (the booking sheet was blank. :) )

Why don't we meet on the practice putting green between 2:30 and 2:45?

1. Matt
2. Jono
3. Trung
4. Virgal
5. TS
6. TS's mate

We can either play as two groups of three or the four young guns can play together and the two oldies can follow behind ... :lol:

Matt 3 Jab
5th December 2006, 11:31 PM
i'll be there!!

Dont forget my driver jono ;)

Virgal_Tracy
6th December 2006, 08:51 AM
Not overly fussed on what the groups are. Will get there before 2:30 and spend my time on much needed chipping practice.

Jono
6th December 2006, 07:37 PM
Great fun today in pretty serious windy conditions. (3 club wind, IMO) Scores reflected that ...

Trung 88
Jono 91
Matt 93
Vince 93

Matt and I played a side game which was fun ... still haven't figured out what we were playing for ... ;)

Good to catch up with Trung again and it was a bit of a shock to see Vince without his signature 30m slices. :lol:

Anyway, it was great fun. Let's do it again soon. 8)

Oh, I hope the guys didn't get stuck in traffic on the way home ... ;) :lol:

Matt 3 Jab
6th December 2006, 07:46 PM
Just got back, smooth ride down the M5

Jono
6th December 2006, 08:08 PM
Just got back, smooth ride down the M5

So the "one hour plus trip home" was a load of BS then? :twisted:

:lol:

Trung
6th December 2006, 08:25 PM
thanks boys... great afternoon...

Matt 3 Jab
7th December 2006, 06:52 AM
Thaks for the game guys, it was good to get back on the course.

Although after my birdie on 1 and another good shot into 2, no i havent been playing.

It was good to try and smash some drives, thanks for lending me the clubs jono.

Still have to figure out what your prize is, hmmmmmm, you'll think of something.

Thanks again guys, see you for another round sometime.

Jono
7th December 2006, 08:18 AM
Still have to figure out what your prize is, hmmmmmm, you'll think of something.

Hmmm ... that free get out of jail card sounds good. Next time a cop pulls me over for speeding or doing an illegal right turn, I can give him the secret handshake. :mrgreen:

Grunt
7th December 2006, 08:39 AM
You'd need more than one Jono, Doesn't that sort of thing happen every time you get in the car ;)

Virgal_Tracy
7th December 2006, 09:05 AM
Tony will have to post his and Peter's scores for the day. Because they had a cart and went in front of us we didn't see them after the 4th except for a glimpse as they played the 13th.

MAtt never looked as though he'd had any time off when on the first he hits iron, 8 iron 1 putt for birdie to start. Trung was as consistent as ever with 4 over on the front.

Jono was a little erratic especially the 3rd when he put 2 OOB off the tee, but once he made the bet with Matt he returned to play strong.

For those that know Eastlake GC we basically played the entire front 9 downwind and the back into the wind. Also the Ross Watson designed holes were out of play (any news G69).

Shot of the day had to be Jono's lob over the fence from no more than 6 ft away using his miracle 73* lobbie.

Great day had by all topped off by 30min drive home door to door.

Jono
7th December 2006, 09:30 AM
You'd need more than one Jono, Doesn't that sort of thing happen every time you get in the car ;)

Sounds like half of Ozgolf needs it ... especially since they are doing the supposed "1 hour plus trip home" in 30 minutes ... ;)

TS
7th December 2006, 09:36 AM
Peter & I weren't keeping score, we were playing a match.

The traffic home was a killer, frinish the game at 6pm and didn't get home till 11pm.

heamish
10th December 2009, 08:56 PM
Peter & I weren't keeping score, we were playing a match.

The traffic home was a killer, frinish the game at 6pm and didn't get home till 11pm.

Sounds like a complete nightmare, hope you guys kept hydrated on the way home...