PDA

View Full Version : I've gone full circle

Pinglauncher
16th November 2006, 09:28 AM
I started with Ping irons (i3 O/S) and for some silly reason thought I needed something better. I had always wanted a set of Mizuno's and went through a couple of different sets of irons, saved some money and eventually got some MX-23's.

The funny this was every time I went into a golf store I would look longingly at the Ping's.

Well sure enough the search for a more forgiving bag and far too much experimentation with shafts etc has led me back to ....... PING

My new G5's have turned up with CS Lites and Cushin inserts. Got up to the course yesterday afternoon to hit some balls and then played a few holes with our assistant pro who is coaching me. His words were "best choice you could have made"

I must say it is GOOD TO BE BACK HOME WITH PING !!!!

TS
16th November 2006, 09:34 AM
I did similar sort of things. I had a set for I3 O/S for a while, thinking something new must be better. Sold the I3 and went thru a few other set. A set of I3 is now back in the bag, at least for this week. There are not the best feeling club, but the result seem more consistent.

AndyP
16th November 2006, 09:40 AM
It just wasn't right that you weren't using Pings with that username, PL.

Fishman Dan
16th November 2006, 09:44 AM
Stick with it mate ;)

How has the handicap gone while you were on the merry-go-round?

PS - What colour dot are they? :p

Pinglauncher
16th November 2006, 10:03 AM
Stick with it mate ;)

How has the handicap gone while you were on the merry-go-round?

PS - What colour dot are they? :p

The handicap was coming down nicely earlier in the year with the Mizuno's but it was the lessons not the clubs. Injury has curtailed the second half of the year and handicap has gone back out.

It's funny, once I swallowed the ego and started back to a more forgiving set with extra hybrids and now the Pings, I feel more confident than ever. Hopefully the back will hold together but more than anything else golf is enjoyable again.

BTW I went with green dot +1/4"

Jono
16th November 2006, 10:09 AM
Wait till you see my butchered Ping wedges ... :lol:

goughy
16th November 2006, 06:57 PM
I started with Ping irons (i3 O/S) and for some silly reason thought I needed something better.

There ain't nothing better. As good as yes. Better no.