PDA

View Full Version : Big Price increase Keperra Open days !!

damoocow
15th November 2006, 10:16 PM
No work today so thought I'd have a crack at the Wed Open comp at Keperra, picked up a tee time and arrived at the course to discover the rate for Visitors in comps is now $30.50 !!!.......Needed another round to make sure my minimum comp rounds of 5 is meet [I don't get out much] so swallowed hard and paid up........Then discovered my group was off the 3rd nine [crapola] first [gee that's value for money !] - had a nice group of old codgers and an enjoyable bash early on - around hole 7 the sky went black and rumblings began, by no. 8 the lightning could be seen in the distance and by the time we were putting out on the 9th it was almost dark [was 1pm] and the storm was just starting to hit , we made it back to safety as the hail came down and the siren to suspend play sounded.......most of the members packed up and left without waiting to confirm that play was called off , I thought bugger that I am not paying $30 to play the back 9......Although I thought it was doubtful that play would resume as the course was half underwater from the storm and hail was covering every part of green like snow........after about 60mins they declared the comp was still on.......the other 3 of my group had pi$$ed off so found another guy who was in the same situation and we played the first 9 [very badly] but at least we finished !......no chance of winning anything but - I got that comp round done [as long as it gets to Golflink !].......never seen so much ice on a golf course before .....

damoocow

Moe Norman
15th November 2006, 10:22 PM
seems to be a trend in Brisbane these days.

might be time to join a club.

AndyP
15th November 2006, 10:33 PM
Keperra's has been sneaking upwards recently. Used to be $19.50 not that long ago.

Did you get a copy of your card? Your card never got put in from your win, you may recall.

dc68
16th November 2006, 09:37 AM
Gee fellas that was tame. Why not let rip on them for putting their prices up and not telling anyone?

AndyP
16th November 2006, 09:39 AM
They're still under 40 bucks.....

dc68
16th November 2006, 09:50 AM
:p

Eag's
16th November 2006, 10:50 AM
I was waiting for dc68 to drop in and have a dig at this one :smt002

AndyP
16th November 2006, 11:52 AM
Don't see how he can. Keperra is a superior course with much better conditioning.

dc68
16th November 2006, 11:54 AM
:smt115 :smt078

Iain
16th November 2006, 01:35 PM
Don't see how he can. Keperra is a superior course with much better conditioning.

And there not a bunch of wankers in the Pro shop.

AndyP
16th November 2006, 02:43 PM
And the members aren't jerks.

dc68
16th November 2006, 03:54 PM
Tossers :p

Moe Norman
17th November 2006, 08:19 AM
i don't think they allow pink cargo shorts either

dc68
17th November 2006, 09:27 AM
hadefreakinha Moe.

macleod
17th November 2006, 12:00 PM
errrrrrr. if you'd like to play there damo i can now get you on for $22 as a member guest....for sundays that means you can play before 10AM as non-comp, of after 12.30 satday no probs.

odd, they didn't mention open comps going up for visitors, someone asked during the new members thingy the other night. will check when i book my first official comp round.

maybe it becuase they had free beer on the wednesday comp had gone up as a once-off? :P

ps. the earthworks on the old 9 are to desilt the dam near 15 the increase capacity (since you can't enlarge), hasn't been done for 30 years apparently.

new swales are being built on 21, the the tee on that one is going back 60m, making it a little brutal as it will now be 270-ish to the left dogleg corner i think?

damoocow
23rd November 2006, 11:39 PM
Macca - the earthworks seem a bit extreme - although will make the 21st a much better hole......I think they should make the 22nd a 200m par 3 and use the space that's left for parking !!......can you get me on as a guest in the comps ??

damoocow