PDA

View Full Version : What Shaft for 3Wood

990B Luva
28th August 2004, 06:58 PM
The Purple Ice in my 3wood snapped when my bag fell into a tree on the 12th hole today, i found out on the 16th, i am just wondering what shaft would be suitable for a 3wood

goughy
28th August 2004, 07:20 PM
Depends on what you are looking for and what sort of dollars you want to spend. Give us an idea?

nick
28th August 2004, 07:50 PM
Why not get the same shaft again cause they are really nice shafts.

Nick

terryand
28th August 2004, 07:53 PM
The Purple Ice in my 3wood snapped when my bag fell into a tree on the 12th hole today, i found out on the 16th, i am just wondering what shaft would be suitable for a 3wood

Gee :-k It must have "fallen" onto that tree mighty hard 990b :smt017

BTW...try steel :smt023

Terry.

990B Luva
28th August 2004, 08:06 PM
am thinking about steel Tezza, what steel shaft would be best do you think

goughy
28th August 2004, 08:15 PM
You seem to use reg shafts? How about something like a dynalite gold shaft. Softer tip to help get the ball in the air. They're really just the lighter, lower kick version of a dynamic gold. I think hogan use them as the standard shaft in there irons and hybrids in australia.

terryand
28th August 2004, 08:15 PM

Steel Technology,black lite..very close to DG

Around $30 fitted at the Oxley range.

Just ask Andylo how they go.

Terry.

990B Luva
28th August 2004, 08:17 PM
i may use the ProLite i have sitting in my bedroom doing nothing, i also need a shaft for my 5wood, prefer to keep that Graphite, i had a friend suggest Nippon graphite

990B Luva
28th August 2004, 08:19 PM

Steel Technology,black lite..very close to DG

Around $30 fitted at the Oxley range.

Just ask Andylo how they go.

Terry.

sweet, i will see if Andylo is playing at Jindalee in the Jindalee Cup, if so i may have a burl with his 3wood(if he lets me)

andylo
29th August 2004, 03:38 AM
no problem Luva, anytime :)

amanda
29th August 2004, 07:52 AM
i may use the ProLite i have sitting in my bedroom doing nothing, i also need a shaft for my 5wood, prefer to keep that Graphite, i had a friend suggest Nippon graphite

I'm using Nippon NS Pro graphite 70g in my woods - love them. You'll probably need the flex to be Stiff as I play Reg & I swing like a big girl :D

gazgolf1
29th August 2004, 09:17 AM
I like a light shaft in my 3 wood and I've got a Penley Tour Light (64 gms) in my 200 Tour.
I reckon guys with girly swings like mine can benefit from lighter shafts in their fairway woods.
A strapping youngster like you 990 should ignore this post altogether and keep eating your vegies. :wink:

McMw
29th August 2004, 12:13 PM
got the DGS300 in my Vsteel atm...am liking it...
it's doing everything I hoped, and the distance loss is not noticable (if any)...

but I'm already ready to switch to either the prolite or the TTEI70 if it stops working!!! :wink:

Jarro
29th August 2004, 03:54 PM

MY CLUB..MY CLUB.. MY BEAUTIFUL CLUB :shock: :(

Jarro
29th August 2004, 04:24 PM
I'd probably go with a steel shaft ... 8)

990B Luva
30th August 2004, 07:57 AM
Well i am getting my Prolite installed as i type this, it is a ProLite 35x that i got from Hackin' Jim so i will let you guys know how it is when i hit it next

Jarro
30th August 2004, 09:52 AM
Well i am getting my Prolite installed as i type this, it is a ProLite 35x that i got from Hackin' Jim so i will let you guys know how it is when i hit it next

.. can i ask, how much did you pay for the Prolite :-k they normally run at around $100 don't they :?:

BrisVegas
30th August 2004, 12:50 PM

35X !!?? You brute! :lol:

AndyP
30th August 2004, 01:48 PM
What's with the glossing over of the details here?
Your bag "fell" into a tree. :shock:
Surely there is a story behind this.

jaster
30th August 2004, 02:40 PM
I'm with AndyP....bag fell into a tree is the poorest excuse I've every heard!!!! :lol: :roll: Full and real story please?

As for shafts, get steel...straighter and cheaper than graphite and less likely to break from certain trees that get in the way 8)

990B Luva
30th August 2004, 02:47 PM
I put my bag down near the 13th tee, because i only needed to take puttr to the green, my bag fell over, and when i got back to it it was leaning (barely) against a tree, when i took 3 wood out on the 16th, the entire butt fell off, from the base of the logo on the shaft

990B Luva
30th August 2004, 02:48 PM

.. can i ask, how much did you pay for the Prolite :-k they normally run at around $100 don't they :?:
I payed nothin' (thanks James) for the shaft. and the run for $150 new

jaster
30th August 2004, 02:50 PM
That's crazy!!! :? I'd be taking a smash at that tree with my sand wedge everytime I walked past it ;)

990B Luva
30th August 2004, 02:51 PM

35X !!?? You brute! :lol:
Hey the shaft was free and i need one for the 3 wood and it was sitting in my bedroom doing nothing so i thought i would put it in 3 wood in total it is costing me $8 including being cut down to suit (keeping the GP Tour Velvet already on it)

Jarro
30th August 2004, 02:52 PM

how the hell do you get a shaft like that for nothing :!: :?

surely you must have paid something :?: postage :-k

hackin'jim does live in Sydney doesn't he :roll:

990B Luva
30th August 2004, 02:52 PM
That's crazy!!! :? I'd be taking a smash at that tree with my sand wedge everytime I walked past it ;)
But i dont want to damage my sweet VOKEY

990B Luva
30th August 2004, 02:54 PM

how the hell do you get a shaft like that for nothing :!: :?

surely you must have paid something :?: postage :-k

hackin'jim does live in Sydney doesn't he :roll:
Yeah, he lives in Syderny (sounding like Ex IOC president) he sent me a PM on ISG saying dont worry about paying for it i offered but he said not to

Fishman Dan
30th August 2004, 04:19 PM
Hang on, you've got a snapped 3 and 5 wood? This must be one hell of a tree??

When this bag fell on said tree, did it fall from, say, 10 metres away?

AndyP
30th August 2004, 04:24 PM

Makes more sense if it was the tree falling on the bag, doesn't it? :?

McMw
30th August 2004, 04:26 PM
sheesh ppl...think outside the box!!! :roll: :lol:

he's prob got a crap stand on his bag, the bag fell into a tree... 8)

JAT... :lol:

andylo
30th August 2004, 04:29 PM

Makes more sense if it was the tree falling on the bag, doesn't it? :?

ROFL!!!

Must be using paper bag to carry clubs too!!!

:smt046 :smt044 :smt043

jaster
30th August 2004, 05:45 PM
I agree, comeon mate, when I was younger I use to throw clubs 30m in the air in anger and they landed with a massive smash but never broke, slammed them into the ground...no break....yours falls over and breaks not 1 but 2??? Your the unluckiest dude I've ever heard of!!! :lol: :lol:

terryand
30th August 2004, 06:53 PM
I know what it was :idea:

It was thr TREE iron that did the damage when it was thrown back at the bag, aiming for the the top :wink:

But didn't quite get the rotation right and failed to slide into the bag like it was meant to and caught the bag flush across the middle :smt112 :smt103

Just an error in the judgement of the spinning club.....Honest mistake anyone of us could have made :smt101 :smt043

Terry.

damoocow
30th August 2004, 09:31 PM
Keep going with this please - it is going to form the basis of a new script I am working on - you guys are all hilarious - this thread could make me rich !
damoocow

AndyP
31st August 2004, 08:49 AM
How did the driver survive this unfortunate incident? Wouldn't it have copped the force of the blow being the longest club in the bag? :?

jaster
31st August 2004, 08:52 AM
The Driver was on the other side of the bag so did not get any of the impact at all luckily :twisted:

Fishman Dan
31st August 2004, 09:17 AM
It wasn't some MacBeth-style attack between the woods? In order for the Driver to remain King, he had to kill the pesky 3- and 5-woods?

And in true Roman Polanski style, there was a beheading.

drunken
31st August 2004, 02:08 PM
Can't say I've ever broken a club.

I may have overused one a few times, but it usually sits above & on the bag :twisted: