PDA

View Full Version : greetings all

adrianf
11th November 2006, 11:50 AM
Hi everybody... I'm Adrian - just introducing myself as I'm new...
Brisbane based, former golf tragic... (used to play almost every day when i was a kid..) haven't played seriously for about 12 years.. but am getting the urge to get back into it all again... (quit my rock band... got married... golf seems more apealling now :D)

Was a member at Redland Bay for many years and played jnr. pennants there.. looking to join a new club (living on the south side) - suggestions / recommendations appreciated...

I like Cleveland clubs, have some tommy armours now... but will be in the market for some Cleveland gear i think...

Oh - heard about the forum from BrisVegas... he sits about 2 meters from me at work...

cheers!

just
11th November 2006, 02:53 PM
Welcome Adrian.

AndyP
11th November 2006, 03:52 PM
Welcome to the forum, adrianf.

A lot of the people on the forum have taken the option of getting a cheap membership at Robina Woods, which is used just to maintain a handicap. So it depends if you want a home club to play at all the time or not.

Commiserations on having to sit so close to Vegas.

Eag's
11th November 2006, 04:59 PM
Welcome adrianf, always good to see new members :smt023

3oneday
11th November 2006, 06:18 PM
Bloody more Qlders :p

Welcome Adrian :)

BrisVegas
11th November 2006, 09:08 PM
Welcome aboard ferg. If you just want to get a hcap so you play comps again, there are lots of options. I heard Wynnum was offering a $99 deal so that may be an option. Otherwise, the Robina deal that I'm on is decent for $129.

Did you find a Ping Anser yet??

shavey
12th November 2006, 12:00 AM
Obviously Vegas doesn't want to ruin Adrian's rep by talking to him in person at work ;)

Welcome aboard Adrian, hope to see you at Lakelands 9th Dec

Courty
12th November 2006, 02:48 PM
Howdy Adrian. Welcome to axe-murderer heaven. ;)

Golf_Novice
12th November 2006, 04:53 PM
Welcome Adrian!!

Enjoy the ride :)

Rusty
15th November 2006, 06:48 PM
welcome Adrian. i also joined Robina in about Aug this year. keep in mind, the only trick to getting your h'cap first time round, is that you have to hand in 5 cards, & 3 of those have to be played there.

AndyP
15th November 2006, 07:18 PM
i also joined Robina in about Aug this year. keep in mind, the only trick to getting your h'cap first time round, is that you have to hand in 5 cards, & 3 of those have to be played there.
Technically that's true, but there's workarounds......

adrianf
16th November 2006, 02:43 PM
Yeah BrisVegas has advised me.... i think this is what i will do coz i travel a bit for work and am probably not going to get enough mileage from a full membership at this stage.. cheers

peppers
17th November 2006, 12:44 PM
Hello
I'm also a new member. I came to your site by accident, took a look around and liked what I saw. I hope you don't mind that I am not from Australia.

I live in San Francisco and work as a physician.

I walk the golf course every day. Making a par is not easy but not difficult either. On average, I might make 1 or 2 birdies a round. I don't have an established handicap since I do not record my scores. I guess I will have to start doing that one day. When I was adolescent I had an established HCP of 5.

Again, I hope you don't mind that I hang around.

Best,
Dr. Pepper

Courty
17th November 2006, 12:47 PM
Nice to hear from you, Peppers.
What course(s) do you play?
You'll have to fill us in with the details of what's in your bag.
:)

dc68
17th November 2006, 12:48 PM
All welcome here you might want to start your own welcome thread though. But welcome all the same.

AndyP
17th November 2006, 12:56 PM
Feel free to hang around, peppers. You can't have too many doctors on a forum.

Golf_Novice
17th November 2006, 01:08 PM
Hello :) Enjoy the ride! (HOLD ON!!)

Ducky
22nd November 2006, 08:08 PM
Dr. Pepper
Your name makes me thirsty... :smt118

peppers
20th December 2006, 07:33 PM
Not to leave you hanging but Presidio is my main course. Located on the Presidio in San Francisco. Other tracks include Stonetree in Marin and Harding Park in SF from time to time.

Best,
peppers

Johnny Canuck
23rd December 2006, 02:01 AM
welcome adrian.