PDA

View Full Version : Sicky=good Work=bad.

gazgolf1
26th August 2004, 05:53 PM
Had a sicky today and in my delirium I found myself at Oxley GC having a leisurely afternoon round (don't know how that happened) :wink:
I hit a few good shots and sorted out my 3 wood off the fairway which has been giving me all sorts of trouble over the last few months.Basically my ball position for this shot has been too far forward in my stance resulting in a few cold tops and thin worm burners. :oops:
So with the ball a couple of inches back towards my right foot I'm making solid contact again :P .Did this with my irons as well and it seemed to help.

Amazing what sorting out a problem can do for your confidence,I actually feel like playing on Saturday now. 8)

Jarro
26th August 2004, 06:04 PM
see what having a sickie can do for you Gaz :smt023

.. nothing beats being on the golf course when you know you're supposed to be at work :-$

Fishman Dan
26th August 2004, 06:05 PM
Unfortunately i've had one of those years (been at a new job for 10 months) where i've wasted all my sick days being... well.. sick.

Thanks for the tips though - last round i played a few weeks ago i barred the fairway woods from coming out, i was hitting 3-iron too well to risk 200-odd sure metres with a 75m cold top.

Looking forward to getting back out in a week or two. =P~

McMw
26th August 2004, 10:12 PM
just read an old paper that taxpayers forkout 70million each year for public servant sickies...

just thought you would like to know!!! :lol:

and yes...I have taken sickies (in perth) just to play golf...(as soon as I found out I wasn't gonna get paid for my sickies)... :wink:

AndyP
27th August 2004, 08:10 AM
Don't really have sickies much, but was a big fan of flex time in the public service. I really, really, really miss it. :(

Amazing what sorting out a problem can do for your confidence,I actually feel like playing on Saturday now.
I have recently changed something with my setup/swing, and I am approaching the game much more confidently now. :D